她在这块布料的夹层里
She’s here in the canvas.
– 你的意思是? – 嗯
– What do you mean? – Hm.
你可以在一件外套的布料夹层中缝进任何东西
You can sew almost anything into the canvas of a coat.
秘密
Secrets.
硬币
Coins.
词句 短小的信息
Words, little messages.
我在幼年时就开始
When I was a boy, I started to
把秘密藏在衣服的内衬里
hide things in the linings of the garments.
惟我一人 了然于心
Things that only I knew were there.
我在胸袋处留有一绺母亲的发丝
And over my breast, I have a lock of my mother’s hair.
以此永远与她保持亲近
To keep her close to me always.
她是个很了不起的女人 是她教给我手艺
She’s quite a remarkable woman. She taught me my trade.
所以 我想让她永远在我身边
So, I try to never be without her.
你一定非常爱她吧
You must love her very much.
你好
Hello.
这是阿尔玛 打个招呼吧
This is Alma. Say hello to Alma.
你好啊
Hello.
过来 过来
Come on, come on.
– 你们好呀 – 它们是看家的
– Hello. – Watch over the house.
我16岁时为母亲缝制了这条裙子
I made this dress for her when I was 16 years old.
真漂亮
Beautiful.
为她和第二任丈夫的婚礼做的
It was for her second husband, their wedding.
我父亲很多年前就过世了
My father had died many years before.
我们的保姆 可恶的布莱克伍德小姐
Our nanny, the evil Miss Blackwood…
我们过去称她“暗黑死神”
“The Black Death” we used to call her,
因为迷信 她不愿帮我缝这条裙子
because of superstition, she refused to help me sew the dress
她坚信这会给她带来厄运
as she believed it would bring her bad fortune…
让她永远做不了新娘
to never be a bride.
说得就像有人愿意娶她一样
Not that anyone would’ve had her.
对于我们来说她年纪也太大了 我都不知道她究竟多大岁数
And she seemed ancient to us, I’ve no idea how old she actually was.
而且她也太丑了
And monstrously ugly.
所以…
So…
我独自伏案缝了好几个月
I worked alone for months and months, hunched over.
汗流浃背地缝了又缝
Sewing and sweating and sewing.
而那个“暗黑死神”到头来也没嫁出去
And the Black Death never married anyway.
早知这样她倒不如帮我的忙
The help I could’ve had from her.
最终是姐姐西里尔帮我完成了缝制
It was my sister, Cyril, came to my rescue in the end.
在婚纱的制♥作♥过程中
There were endless superstitions
充满了迷信色彩
when making a wedding dress.
年轻女工们害怕一旦碰了婚纱就嫁不出去
Young girls are afraid they’ll never marry if they touch one.
试穿的模特们则担忧
Models afraid they’ll…
穿过一次婚纱之后就只能嫁给秃子
marry only bald men if they put one on.
这条裙子现在在哪儿?
And where’s the dress now?
我不知道它怎样了
I have no idea what happened to it.
完全不知道
No idea.
也许已经化为灰烬了
Um, it’s probably turned to ashes by now.
破碎支离
Fallen to pieces.
那… 你的姐姐呢?
And… your sister?
什么?
What?
她嫁出去了吗?
Did she ever marry?
没有
No.
过来 我们生堆火吧
Come over, let’s have a fire.
如果你要和我比谁先眨眼的话 你赢不了的
If you want to have a staring contest with me, you will lose.
哼
Hm.
你是个非常英俊的男人
You are a very handsome man.
你身边一定不缺漂亮女人
You must be around many beautiful women.
一定
Yes.
你为什么不结婚?
Why are you not married?
我是个缝匠
I make dresses.
缝匠就不能结婚吗?
You cannot be married when you make dresses?
我生来就不该步入婚姻殿堂
I’m certain I was never meant to marry.
注定孤独终老
I’m a confirmed bachelor.
这是个无解的诅咒
I’m incurable.
嗯
Hmm.
婚姻会让我心存欺骗之念
Marriage would make me deceitful,
我不想这样过一生
and I don’t ever want that.
听起来你笃定于世事的走向
You sound so sure about things.
是的 这一点我很肯定
I’m sure about that.
我感觉你只是表现得很强大
I think you are only acting strong.
不 我本身就很强大
No, I am strong.
为了谁呢?
For who?
希望不是为我吧
Not for me, I hope.
我认为对他人过高的期望和设想
I think it’s the expectations and assumptions of others…
会让我心伤
that cause heartache.
你能帮我个忙吗?
Would you help me with something?
– 好 – 来吧
– Yes. – Come on.
很好 站到这个箱子上就行
Good, just jump up on the box for me.
呃
Um…
我想我们得…
I think we’re going to try and…
把这里往后收一收
pull this back for you.
非常好
Pretty good.
等一下
A moment.
这个留着下次再用
Save that one for another time.
真不错
Quite nice.
嗯
Hmm.
过于庄重了
Dead serious.
这个呢
This one.
喜欢吗?
Do you like it?
– 喜欢 – 很好看
– Yes. – It’s pretty good.
就这个了
That’s it.
把这件脱下来吧 然后…
Let’s get that off you and then…
我想量一下你的身型尺寸 可以吗?
I’d like to take your measurements. Is that all right?
是哪个可爱的小姑娘让屋子里的气味变得这么好闻?
And who is this lovely creature making the house smell so nice?
你好 我是阿尔玛
Hello, I’m Alma.
我是西里尔
I’m Cyril.
檀香和玫瑰香水
Sandalwood and rose water.
嗯 雪莉酒和…
Hmm, sherry… and…
柠檬汁?
lemon juice?
嗯 对 我们晚餐吃了鱼
Mm, mm- hmm, we had fish for dinner.
我的老姐 帮个忙行吗?
My old so-and-so. Would you mind?
阿尔玛
请向我这边靠近点 准备好了吗?
Will you step towards me. Ready?
Thirty-two.
Thirty.
Thirty-one.
35.5
Thirty-five and a half.
40.5
Fourteen and a half.
Seventeen.
Twenty.
别那么僵硬 放松点
Just stand normally.
好
Yes.
我平常就是这么站的
I stand normally.
像之前那样站好
Like before.
-什么意思? -站直了
– What do you mean? – Straight.
站直?
Straight?
-就那样 -好 你没说清楚
– Like that. – Yeah, you didn’t say that.
16.5
Sixteen and a half.
8.5
Eight and a half.
你胸真平 22
You have no breasts. Twenty- two.
-是啊 我知道 -32.5
– Yes, I know. – Thirty- two and a half.
你可以把胳膊放下来了
You can drop your arm now.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
不 你很完美
No, no, you’re perfect.
我可以让你的胸看起来大一些
My job to give you some.
如果我想的话
If I choose to.
Ten.
Nine.
6.5
Six and a half.
Twenty…five.
还有… 45
And… forty- five.
就这些
That’s it.
愿意帮我再试些别的衣服吗?
Would you try something else for me?
好的
Yes.
你的身材是他理想中的那种
You have the ideal shape.
-是吗? -嗯