What?
真的吗?这是很大的责任
For real? That’s a lot of responsibility.
Cockadoodledo !
Cockadoodledo!
Cockadoodledo
Cockadoodledo.
现在,你可以随便看看
Now, feel free to peck around,
接下来的24小时什么都不做
doing absolutely nothing for the next 24 hours.
准备好告诉我你昨天去哪了吗?
Ready to tell me where you went off to yesterday?
你让我们都担心了。不用担心,表弟
You had us all worried. No need to worry, cousin.
我遇到了一个可能改变我人生的人
I was meeting someone who may have changed my life.
你遇到了一个女孩!是的!告诉我一切
You met a girl! Yes! Tell me everything.
她叫什么名字?玛丽?思嘉?约瑟芬?
What’s her name? Mary? Scarlett? Josephine?
巴纳巴斯。棒极了
Barnabas. Terrific.
不,他是爸爸的老朋友。太棒了
No, he’s an old friend of Dad’s. Wonderful.
不!他是一个小偷
No! He’s a thief.
彼得,我不同意你去吻一个贼
Peter, you do not have my blessing to kiss a thief.
你能让我告诉你我的故事吗?
Would you just let me tell you my story?
比赛你在哪。我不再是弗洛普西了
Race you, Flopsy. I am not Flopsy anymore.
我把名字改得和你更不一样了
I’ve changed my name to be even differenter than you.
从现在开始,我是厕所
From now on, I’m Lavatory.
厕所吗?是的
Lavatory? Yes.
我现在用两条腿跑
And I run on two legs now.
她面前
It’s classier.
想想我们能保护多少土地
Think how much of this land we’ll be able to preserve.
我们的孩子将能够探索所有的自然
All the nature our children will be able to explore.
看看吧,姐♥妹♥们♥。等待我!
Check it out, sisters. Wait for me!
我从来没机会这么做过
I never had a chance to do that.
在孤儿院没有太多的嬉闹
Not much frolicking in the orphanage.
所以我也想象着有两个腿的孩子
Which is why I also picture having some twolegged children
嬉戏
to frolic with.
是啊,如果我给兔子们涂上高帮鞋他们就能得到整座山了
Yeah, and they’d have that whole mountain if I painted the rabbits in hightops.
如果你让整个山谷的人穿上t恤和牛仔裤
And the whole valley if you put them in Tshirts and jeans.
是的。你能想象吗?
Yeah. Can you imagine?
她怎么了?把名字改成”浴室”
What’s going on with her? Changed her name to “Bathroom.”
继续。加入他们的行列。嬉戏
Go on. Join them. Frolic.
真的吗?是的
Really? Yeah.
就像,水平躺下,伸直我的腿,抱起我的手臂
Like, lie down horizontally, extend my legs, tuck in my arms,
然后安全地慢慢地滚下山?
and roll down the hill safely and slowly?
是的,我可以…也许它不适合你
Yes, I could… Perhaps it’s not for you.
我们去喝杯茶吧
Let’s go have a cup of tea.
什么叫不适合我?对我来说是
What do you mean, it’s not for me? It is for me.
没有?对我来说肯定是这样
No? It is most assuredly for me.
我可以嬉戏。你觉得我做不到?
I can frolic. You don’t think I can?
我没那么说。夫人,看这个
I didn’t say that. Madam, watch this.
想象一下,我和我们未来的孩子们在一起嬉戏
Imagine me, right, and our future children frolicking.
好吧?手表
All right? Watch.
嘿。看到了吗?看,我嬉戏
Hey. See? Look, I’m frolicking.
我加快了一点速度。我正在加速
I’m speeding up a little. I’m speeding up quite a bit.
的帮助!的帮助!
Help! Help!
这就是为什么成年人不应该做小孩子做的事
And that’s why adults shouldn’t do kid stuff.
我这辈子都在从这个花♥园♥里偷东西但别人都说我错了
I’ve been stealing from this garden my whole life and I was told I was wrong.
但现在和巴拿巴在一起,我知道这是我应该做的
But now with Barnabas, I know this is what I’m supposed to do.
我应该是坏人
I’m supposed to be bad.
这个巴拿巴听起来有点狡猾
This Barnabas sounds a bit dodgy.
不,他不狡猾。他懂我,就像爸爸一样
No, he’s not dodgy. He gets me, like Dad did.
不像他。别惹麻烦
And unlike him. Stay out of trouble.
看到了吗?从他来这里的那天起,他就对我怀恨在心
See? He’s had it out for me since the day he got here.
他没跟你说。对我们所有人都是
He didn’t say that to you. It was to all of us.
我是在跟你说话,彼得
I’m talking to you, Peter, specifically.
别惹麻烦
Stay out of trouble.
总之,我们在这里的日子屈指可数了。你今天也听到了
And, anyway, our days are numbered here. You heard him today.
一旦他们有了孩子,我们就完了
As soon as they have a baby, we’re done for.
女儿出生的时候,你觉得自己没那么被爱吗?
Did you feel any less loved when the girls were born?
现在是不同的。他们只觉得我淘气
It’s different now. All they think I am is naughty.
所以我接受了它
So I’ve embraced it.
听着,巴拿巴有个重要的工作我们可以帮忙
Look, Barnabas has a big job that we can help with
让我们不用依赖他们就能过好生活
and set us up for life without having to rely on them.
我不知道
I don’t know.
来吧,女孩。我们要去格洛斯特
Come on, girls. We’re going to Gloucester.
好吧。为什么不呢?你要去格洛斯特?
Okay. Why not? You’re going to Gloucester?
我明天要去那里做有氧运动
I’m running there tomorrow for cardio day.
今天的胸部和手臂。加油,狐狸,继续跑!
Today’s chest and arms. Come on, fox, keep going!
你有这个
You’ve got this.
我的教练
My trainer.
我真的需要一个吗?可能不会
Do I really need one? Probably not.
如果没有它,我还会努力锻炼吗?可能不会
Would I work out as hard without one? Probably not.
我在求你,拜托,帮我个小忙
I’m asking you, please, a little help
告诉我,当我需要别人的时候,你会在那里
Tell me you’ll be there When I need somebody else
你怎么总能知道我发生了什么事?
How do you always know what’s going on with me?
我猜只是运气好
Just lucky, I guess.
我需要帮助
I need help
我需要帮助
I need help
我需要帮助
I need help
我带了一些和我一样的
I brought some more just like me.
不是所有人都喜欢他。我有一些预订
Not all just like him. I have some reservations.
我需要帮助
I need help
看看你们这些人。你长这么大了
Well, look at you lot. You’ve gotten so big.
我上次见你们的时候,你们都还是婴儿
Last time I saw you, you were all babies.
Benjamin, CottonTail, Flopsy, Mopsy
Benjamin, CottonTail, Flopsy, Mopsy.
是的!是的!
Yes! Yes!
现在是”厕所”但以前是
Well, it’s “Lavatory” now, but formerly, yes.
我们是来帮你完成你说的那个重要任务的
We’re here to help you on that big job you were talking about.
哦,不,不。这太危险了
Oh, no, no. It’s much too dangerous.
好吧,谢谢你抽出时间。这附近有出租车站吗?
Okay, well, thanks for your time. Is there a taxi stand nearby?
不,相信我
No, trust me.
我们以前经常从麦格雷戈的花♥园♥里偷东西
We used to steal from McGregor’s garden all the time.
这是非常不同的
This is much more different.
如果你出了什么事,我永远不会原谅自己
I’ll never forgive meself if anything happened to you.
不,我们可以帮你做任何事。对吧?
No, we can do anything you need. Right?
如果你想爬到高处,我们是你的团队
If you need to get to a high place, we’re your team.
如果你想让我们鬼鬼祟祟,我们可以隐身
If you need us to be sneaky, we can be invisible.
如果你需要分散注意力…
And if you need a distraction…
沿着西瓜生长的海湾
Down by the bay Where the watermelons grow
回到我的家,我不敢去
Back to my home, I dare not go
因为如果我这样做了,我妈妈就会说:
For if I do, my mother will say:
“你见过鹅亲吻驼鹿吗?”
“Did you ever see a goose kissing a moose?”
这些是你的吗?
Are these yours?
沿着海湾而下
Down by the bay
而且他也很灵巧
And he’s handy too.
还有什么是这个人做不到的吗?
Is there anything this man can’t do?
这只是个权宜之计
It’s just a quick fix.
托马斯,我现在能给玻璃工打电♥话♥了吗?
Thomas, can I call the glass man now?
你都干了六个小时了
You’ve been at it for six hours.
Bea, Nigel BasilJones来了
Bea, Nigel BasilJones is here.
巴兹尔·琼斯先生,真是个惊喜
Mr. BasilJones, what a nice surprise.
这是我的明星
There’s my star.
现在方便吗?“这是最好的时代
Is this a good time? “It’s the best of times.
这是最糟糕的时代。”
It’s the worst of times.”
狄更斯
Dickens.
我等不及要给你看这个了
I couldn’t wait to show you this.
哦,我的天啊
Oh, my goodness.
这是难以置信的。美丽
That’s incredible. Beautiful.
我们的早期反应非常强烈
We’ve had a tremendous early response,
对你下一本书的兴趣已经爆棚了
and interest in your next book is already through the roof.
这是非凡的
It’s extraordinary.
我也有东西给你
I have something for you too.
你几乎看不出区别
You can barely tell the difference.
你做到了。这是辉煌的
You did it. It’s brilliant.
艺术、真实、不妥协的
Artistic, authentic, uncompromising.
那是哪儿?它在我们的花♥园♥里
Where is that? It’s in our garden.
范围有点小,不是吗?这是他们生活的地方
A bit limited in scope, no? It’s where they live.
我只是在想,既然你做出了改变

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!