一个胜利
A triumph.
我会让你
I’ll allow you.
“还有什么比对兔子的爱更伟大的礼物呢”
“What greater gift than the love of a rabbit.”
查尔斯·狄更斯。是的
Charles Dickens. Yes.
嗯,他说“一只猫。”你显然知道
Well, he said “a cat.” You obviously knew that.
当然可以。我喜欢狄更斯
Of course. I love Dickens.
知道他写的每一个字。你会怎么做?
Know every word he’s written. You do?
不,你没有。我做的事
No, you don’t. I do.
我不这么想
I don’t think so.

Strong.
是的。你的箱子吗?
Yeah. You box?
是的,不,我…是的,我做的。我做的盒子
Yeah, no, I… Yeah, I do. I do box.
你会怎么做?是的
You do? Yep.
不,你没有。是的,我喜欢
No, you don’t. Yes, I do.
什么时候?我把沉重的绳子摔在地上
When? I flop the heavy ropes.
我移♥动♥了沉重的金属杆。我有一大堆沙子
I move the heavy metal bars. I’ve got those big balls of sand.
我穿着衣服在外面做俯卧撑
I do pushups outside in the thing with my shirt off.
我也喜欢蛋白质软膏
And I also like protein ointments.
我们应该找时间去打一场。是的。这不是问题
Well, we should get in the ring sometime. Yeah. That’s not a problem.
现在,我想陪你走…对不起
Now, I’d like to walk you… Sorry.
…通过我们的策略
…through our strategy.
卡洛斯,给我们的兔子拿点水
Carlos, some water for our rabbits.
比伊,坐这儿
Bea, sit right here.
闪闪发光的和仍然
Sparkling and still.
托马斯,在这里。的意
Thomas, right here. Fancy.
这就像喝沙子一样
It’s like drinking sand.
我喜欢它。它是美味的
I like it. It’s delicious.
你这么说是为了与众不同。我不是
You’re just saying that to be different. Am not.
那么,再喝点吧
Drink some more, then.
这是惊人的
It’s amazing.
我们想先印5000份
So we want to start by printing 5000 copies
你的书
of your book.
五千年?我猜你还想再写一本吧?
Five thousand? I assume you want to write a second one?
我还没想过,但是…
I hadn’t really thought about it, but…
我不知道,我想我有一个简短的框架
I don’t know, I guess I do have a brief framework
一个23本书的系列
for a 23book series
有109个基于我生活中的动物的角色
featuring 109 characters based on the animals in my life,
创造了一个关于道德、自然和家庭的交织叙事
creating an interwoven narrative about morality, nature and family,
在农场周围的田野和城镇里
set in the fields and towns around our farm.
太棒了
Fantastic.
太棒了。太棒了
Fantastic. Fantastic.
因为在你的下一本书中,我们看到了巨大的潜力
Because it’s in your next book that we see huge potential.
太棒了。太棒了
Fantastic. Fantastic.
太棒了。太棒了
Fantastic. Fantastic.
我不相信这家伙
I don’t trust this guy.
我们对你的书做了一些研究
We’ve done some research on your book.
现在,人们喜欢故事和背景
Now, people liked the story and the setting,
但他们真正喜欢的是兔子
but what they really loved were the rabbits.
所以,在第二本书中,我们想强调他们的个性
So, in the second book, we want to emphasise their individuality.
“本杰明,聪明的那个。”
“Benjamin, the wise one.”
“棉尾兔,鞭炮。”
“CottonTail, the firecracker.”
这家伙很厉害
This guy is good.
“弗洛普西和莫普西,充满活力的二人组。”
“Flopsy and Mopsy, the dynamic duo.”
为什么我们总是…?作为一个单元?
Why are we always treated…? As a unit?
但是我们做…看起来不错
But we do… Look good.
最后是彼得。什么?
And then, finally, Peter. What?
我得到一个?这是疯狂的
I get one? This is crazy.
我们对他有两个选择
We have two options for him.
我得到两个吗?
I get two?
“麻烦制♥造♥者”。还是…
“The mischief maker.” Or…
“坏种子。”
“The bad seed.”
不。他也做得很好
Nope. And he was doing so well too.
那一个。这是一个。你钉
That one. That’s the one. You’ve nailed it.
什么?这也是我们最喜欢的
What? It’s our favourite too.
很符合他的性格。不,它不是
Really speaks to his character. No, it doesn’t.
“坏种子”听起来很刺耳,你不觉得吗?
“The bad seed” seems harsh, don’t you think?
嗯,他确实有点淘气,真的
Well, he is a bit of a brat, really.
即使根据你自己的书
Even according to your own book,
他差点拆散你们还毁了自己的家庭
he nearly broke you two up and destroyed his own family.
他是有点淘气,但并不是有意的
He’s a little mischievous, but he doesn’t mean anything by it.
完全正确。谢谢你!我昨天确实抓到他了
Exactly. Thank you. I did catch him yesterday
想偷我的番茄
trying to steal one of my tomatoes.
不,不,不。我其实是想确保没人偷你的番茄
No, no, no. I was actually making sure that no one stole your tomatoes.
我还觉得他的声音很烦人。什么? !
I also imagine his voice to be annoying. What?!
我的声音不烦人,对吧?
My voice isn’t annoying, right?
我有东西给你看
I have something to show you.
我们是多么想和你一起做这件事
Here’s how much we want to do this with you.
哦,我的天啊
Oh, my goodness.
我的耳朵很大
My ears are gigantic.
彼得看起来真像个恶棍
Peter really looks like a villain.
每个故事都需要一个。我不是坏人
Every story needs one. I’m not a villain.
这不是我们所有人的真实写照
That’s not an accurate reflection of any of us.
就像我在照镜子一样
It’s like I’m looking in a mirror.
我爱它。什么?
I love it. What?
我认为这很棒
I think it’s terrific.
哦,这是难以置信的
Oh, it’s incredible.
看到你的家人在上面一定很珍贵
It must be so precious to see your family up there.
我的梦想成真了
It’s my dream come true.
他们看起来很棒!
They look amazing!
哦,来吧
Oh, come on.
我独自行走,我独自行走
I walk alone, I walk alone
你当然会唱那首歌♥
Of course you’d be singing that song.
如果你喜欢,我可以唱点别的
I can sing something else if you like.
随便你
Suit yourself.
有时候我希望
Sometimes I wish
总会有人找到我的
Someone out there will find me
在那之前我都是一个人走
Till then I walk alone
你在看什么,孩子?
What you looking at, son?
以前没见过有人偷东西吗?
Never seen anyone steal something before?
你是个好人吗?
You some kind of goodygoody?
我没有goodygoody
I’m no goodygoody.
事实上,很明显,我很坏
In fact, apparently, I’m bad.
是的,我犯过一些错误
Yeah, I’ve made some mistakes,
这是我认为孩子应该做的,对吧?
which is what I thought kids are supposed to do, right?
学习,成长,发展
Learn, grow, evolve.
但我想,对这只兔子来说,已经天崩地裂了
But I guess, for this rabbit, the die is cast.
你知道吗?我不在乎了
And you know what? I don’t care anymore.
太好了,儿子
Oh, good for you, son.
但如果我能建议一件事
But if I can just suggest one thing,
下次你在街上遇到一个头发花白的老贼
next time you meet a grizzled old thief on the street,
也许不要那么敞开心扉
maybe don’t open up so much.
对不起。不,我喜欢
Sorry. No, I like it.
只是,在这里,不是每个人的情感都像我一样进化
It’s just, out here, not everyone’s as emotionally evolved as I am.
的名字叫巴拿巴。很高兴认识你
Name’s Barnabas. Nice to meet you.
彼得。桃子
Peter. Take a peach.
你说你不是个好人
You said you weren’t a goodygoody.
不。我没有goodygoody
No. I’m no goodygoody.
我是一个baddybaddy
I’m a baddybaddy.
哦,不
Oh, no.
来吧。我受够你们这些老鼠了!
Come on. I’ve had it with you rats!
我讨厌他们叫我们啮齿动物。回来这里!
I hate when they call us rodents. Come back here!
还有他们想用扫帚打我们的时候
Also when they try and hit us with a broom.
那不是扫帚的用途!滚出我的店!
That is not what a broom is for! Get out of my shop!
哦,我受够你们这些老鼠了!
Oh, I’ve had it with you rats!
你欠我一个桃子,孩子
You owe me a peach, son.
幸好我在附近有个安全屋
Lucky I had this safe house nearby.
你从哪里?不关你的事,老头
Where you from? None of your business, old man.
什么?
What?
是你叫我不要敞开心扉的
Well, you told me not to open up.
你在学习,但同时,我真的很好奇
Now you’re learning, but, also, I am genuinely curious.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!