从前,在一个美丽的乡村节
Once upon a time, on a beautiful country day,
鸟儿没有歌♥唱,鱼儿没有跳跃
the birds weren’t singing, the fish weren’t jumping,
没有一只蹦蹦跳跳的兔子
and there was not a hopping rabbit to be found,
因为每个人都聚集在一起庆祝两位非常特殊的人
for everyone was gathered to celebrate two very special people
在一场只能用童话故事描述的婚礼上
at what can only be described as a storybook wedding.
我向自己保证我不会哭
I promised myself I wouldn’t cry.
好吧,那太蠢了
Well, that was dumb.
你好
Hello.
嗨
Hi.
你好
Hello.
欢迎你,朋友
Welcome, friends.
我们今天聚集在这里参加比亚和托马斯的神圣婚礼
We are gathered here today to join Bea and Thomas in holy matrimony.
你接受得很好
You’re taking this so well.
他是个好人。让她快乐
He’s a good man. Makes her happy.
对他们的家人,心爱的兔子来说,这也是一个特别的日子
And also a special day for their family, the beloved rabbits.
你以前的敌人会留下来
Your former enemy is here to stay.
我们找到了共同点
We found common ground.
他将成为我们的监护人
He’s about to be our guardian.
不,这只是他们之间的小插曲
Nah, this is just a little something between them.
以前的你现在应该已经疯了
The old you would have gone bonkersberserk by now.
我变了,表兄 …欢迎新父母
I’ve changed, cousin. …welcoming a new parent.
一颗上了膛的手榴弹,就等着爆♥炸♥
A loaded hand grenade, just waiting to explode.
不了。一个父亲,如果你愿意的话
Not anymore. A father, if you will.
父亲吗?
Father?
的父亲
Father.
你不是我父亲!
You’re not my father!
你永远不会是我的父亲!
You’ll never be my father!
所有人都能看到你的内♥裤♥!
And everyone can see your underpants!
彼得。彼得
Peter. Peter.
彼得
Peter.
彼得,戒指。 啥…?
Peter, the ring. Wha…?
对的,正确的
Right, right.
我把… 哪里来的?我…吗?
Where’d I put…? Did I…?
这是…?不,这是…?
Was it…? No, was it…?
坚持下去。我在…
Hang on. I had it in the…
它总是在你最后找的地方
It’s always in the last place you look.
你只有两个口袋
You only have two pockets.
你现在可以亲吻新郎了
You may now kiss the groom.
什么?
What?
再见!
Bye!
再见!
Bye!
再见。我们会想念你的
Bye. We’ll miss you.
所以比伊和麦格雷戈先生结婚了
So Bea and Mr. McGregor were married,
然后他们就去度蜜月了
and off they went on their honeymoon.
温德米尔的情况再平静不过了
Things couldn’t have been more peaceful in Windermere
晚些时候,直到…
until, sometime later…
把这个拿出来
You just take this out.
你看到了什么?
You see?
现在你试一试
Now you try.
爸爸,这是书里的彼得兔
Dad, it’s Peter Rabbit from the book.
我讨厌我是这一切的代言人
I hate that I’m the face of this.
但每个故事只能有一个好人,所以…
But every story can only have one good guy, so…
彼得没有爸爸
Peter doesn’t have a dad.
他被放进了派里。所以他才那么淘气
He got put in a pie. That’s why he’s so naughty.
什么?
What?
有佛洛普西,莫普西和棉尾巴
There’s Flopsy, Mopsy and CottonTail.
我耷拉。我马高手
I’m Flopsy. And I’m Mopsy.
我是英雄。但我不淘气
And I’m the hero. But I’m not naughty.
这孩子读过那本书吗?你读过那本书吗?
Did this kid even read the book? Did you read the book?
我太忙了
I am so busy.
我打算夏天再买♥♥
I’m saving it for summer.
你是作者吗?
Are you the author?
我还在习惯别人这么叫我
I’m still getting used to people calling me that.
这真的是兔子的故事。我把它写下来了
It’s really the rabbits’ story. I just wrote it down.
这是我丈夫。他是我们的出版商
This is my husband. He’s our publisher.
我不会说“出版商”
I wouldn’t say “publisher.”
我只是…
I just…
我只是排版
I just do the typesetting,
把我们的餐厅改成了印刷车间
turned our dining room into a printing workshop,
用五色调色板制♥作♥了手工平版
created the artisanal lithography with a fivecolour palette for the illustrations,
除了花♥园♥里的那些
apart from the ones of the garden,
这需要更多的绿色。我喜欢…别把你所有的秘密都说出来,亲爱的
which call for more green. I like… Don’t reveal all your secrets, darling.
这是美妙的。你把兔子画得那么可爱
It’s wonderful. You paint the rabbits with such love.
这是很自然的。这是我们的家庭
Well, it comes naturally. It’s our family.
谢谢你的贡献。这直接保护了他们的土地
Thanks for your contribution. It goes directly to preserving their land.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
再见。再见
Bye. Bye.
下午!祝贺你,你们两个
Afternoon! Congratulations, you two.
谢谢,莫伊拉。哦,邮件
Thanks, Moira. Oh, the mail.
选择看看谁会得到它
Choose to see who gets it.
胸部。脚趾。胸部
Chest. Toe. Chest.
的耳朵。尾巴
Ears. Tail.
是的!
Yes!
他怎么总是赢?
How does he always win?
因为他发明了这个游戏
Because he invented the game.
彼得?是你吗?约翰尼?
Peter? Is that you? Johnny?
你离开伦敦做什么?
What are you doing out of London?
我们只是在上面品尝奶酪
We’re just up here doing some cheese tasting.
听说婚礼的事了。任何婴儿吗?才过了一个月
Heard about the wedding. Any babies yet? It’s only been a month.
我和妻子在这段时间里生了15个孩子
The wife and I have had 15 kids in that time.
这是离开他们的第一天,还有,噢,宁静祥和
This is the first day away from them, and, oh, the peace and quiet.
如果我说我们不想念他们那就是在骗你
I’d be lying to you if I said we didn’t miss them terribly
我们谈论的都是他们
and they’re all we talk about.
哦,可爱
Aw, cute.
但是没有婴儿。我们家人
But there’s no babies. We’re their family.
直到你不
Until you’re not.
顺便祝贺你的书
Congratulations on the book, by the way.
我的孩子们非常喜欢
My kids absolutely loved it.
不是关于我的
Oh, it’s not about me.
孩子们能读到像我这样的积极榜样,真是太好了
It’s just great that kids get to read about positive role models like me.
彼得!
Peter!
哦,亲爱的。我的奶酪
Oh, dear. My cheese.
好吧,祝你好运
Well, good luck.
我肯定那只是个意外
I’m sure it was just an accident.
这不是意外
It’s not an accident.
这就是他的工作
It’s what he does.
他从不表现
He never behaves.
他爱你。别听他的
He loves you. Don’t listen to him.
他不听我的。这就是问题所在
He doesn’t listen to me. That’s the problem.
别在他面前,好吗?
Not in front of him, okay?
他不能理解我。他能吗?
He can’t understand me. Can he?
不,但还是…
No, but still, just…
如果他听不懂我的话
So, if he can’t understand me,
那为什么我就不能说我想说的话呢?
then why can’t I say whatever it is that I want to say?
说点什么好。道歉。对他说些好听的话。现在!走吧!说它!
Say something nice. Apologise. Say something nice to him. Now! Go! Say it!
非常抱歉。大声!
I’m terribly sorry. Out loud!
对不起,彼得。我爱你,就像一个成年人爱…
I’m sorry, Peter. I love you, in the way that an adult human loves a…
一个动物兔子。谢谢你!
An animal rabbit. Thank you.
你处理得很好,彼得
You handled that very well, Peter.
懊悔,抱歉,甚至有点后悔
Contrite, apologetic and even a little bit remorseful.
我很抱歉。什么?
I’m sorry. What?
当我感觉被误解时,我放了这些
I put these in for when I’m feeling misunderstood.
得了吧,彼得。有时候,你必须面对现实
Oh, come on, Peter. Sometimes you have to face the music.
这些是给我感觉被联合起来对付的时候用的
And these are for when I’m feeling ganged up on.
你总是做得太过分
You always take things one step too far.
我很抱歉。什么?
I’m sorry. What?
这是什么?
What’s this?
BasilJones出版
BasilJones Publishing.
我们在哈罗德百货公♥司♥卖♥♥了他们整整一部分的书
We carried a whole section of their books at Harrods.
这是我辞职前安排的最后一次展览
It was the last display I arranged before I resigned.