我们即将触摸伟大
We are about to touch greatness.
有时候我会做梦
Sometimes, I have this dream
梦见一只巨大的章鱼吮吸我的脸 我努力想挣脱
that a giant octopus is sucking my face and, as I struggle to get free,
却发现我的手就是触须
I realize that my, my hands are tentacles
我怎么都挣脱不开
and I can’t push it off.
然后当然了 我意识到我
And then I realize, of course, that I am
我就是那只章鱼
the octopus, and I am
我在吮吸自己的
sucking my own

face.
这和真实生活很像
Much like in life.
通常那些被我们视为敌人的人
So often those we perceive as our greatest adversaries
只是我们自身的影子
are just shadow versions of ourselves.
说得好 艾略特先生
Well put, Mr. Elliot.
艾略特小姐 也许下次当你遇到章鱼时
Hmm.
Perhaps the next time you meet an octopus, Miss Elliot,
你应该拥抱它 而不是努力挣脱
you should embrace him, rather than try to detach.
用那些狡猾的触须缠住它
Wrap those wily tendrils right around him
陷入其中
and let yourself be taken.
在你的梦里就可以 艾略特先生
In your dreams, Mr. Elliot.
在我的梦里也可以
And also in mine.
那是因为在临睡前
It was on account of eating some cheese
吃了一点奶酪
a bit too close to bedtime.
真是太顺利了
Oh. -Well, that went splendidly.
我就知道会这么顺利
I knew it would.
即使是在贵族面前 你的魅力也不可抗拒 沃尔特爵士
Your charms are irresistible, Sir Walter, even to nobility.
你的贵族亲属让你失望
Your noble relations disappoint you.
不能让那个可怕的女人嫁给你父亲
That awful woman cannot marry your father. Ugh.
告诉我
Tell me something.
你真的宁愿阻止克雷夫人 跟我父亲走进婚姻的殿堂
You’d honestly rather prevent Mrs. Clay from taking my father’s arm
也不想跟我说话吗?
than talk with me?
我亲爱的章鱼 你说得大错特错
My dear octopus, it’s not even close.
知道吗?
You know
我开始越来越喜欢你了
you’re beginning to grow on me.
现在我开始怀疑了
Now I’m suspicious.
真的很棒吧?
Fascinating.
一定要每个人都有趣吗?
Must everyone be interesting?
完全不是 只要不强迫我陪他们坐着
Not at all. They are free to be as boring as they like
他们想要多无聊都可以
so long as I am not asked to sit with them.
那他呢?
And him?
他让我感到几分安慰 但那几分已经比我预想中要多了
He provided some relief. More than I anticipated.
Hmm.
那天晚上 他对你的评价很高 我相信他对你有感情了
He spoke quite highly of you to me the other night.
I believe there is some attachment.
要是艾略特先生觉得合适 他甚至可以对土豆产生感情
Mr. Elliot could attach to a potato if it suited him.
虽然伊丽莎白 不会介意一辈子都住在家里
Though Elizabeth may find some satisfaction living at home forever,
但那种生活会让你生不如死
that life will lock you in deadness.
我只想说 如果艾略特先生求婚
All I’m saying is, I hope you will accept Mr. Elliot
我希望你能接受
if he makes an offer.
你很了解他吗?
Based on your extensive knowledge of him?
可能算不上非常了解 但我非常了解你
I may not have extensive knowledge of him, but I have extensive knowledge of you.
他有钱、举止得体
Not only is he rich and well-mannered,
不仅如此 我相信你也对他有兴趣
I believe you’ve taken an interest in him.
否则我绝对不会推荐你这么做
I would never have recommended it otherwise.
我承认我是有点心动
I’ll admit, there is something there.
但我要求你相信我 我自己可以思考 为自己做决定
But, for once, I’m asking you to trust that I have the resources
to make my own decisions.
我必须听从自己的内心
I must rely on the instructions issued by my own heart.
我曾有一度听从了别人的指示
I tried the alternative once and I’ll never forgive myself for it.
为此我永远无法原谅自己
你是说你永远都不会原谅我
You mean you’ll never forgive me.
我只是觉得在这种情况下
I just thought, under the circumstances
情况?
Circumstances?
当然是说 温特沃斯和路易莎的订婚消息了
The engagement, of course. Wentworth and Louisa.
噢 我以为你知道
Oh, I thought you knew.
大家都在谈论路易莎和她的舰长
Everyone is talking about Louisa and her captain.
亲爱的
Oh, darling.
我能做什么吗?
What can I do?
我想一个人静静
I’d just like to be alone.
好 要是你需要我 随时都可以来找我
Well, I’m here when you want me.
我一直都在想象自己
I always imagined myself
面对这个时候的反应
confronting this moment
我会表现得体面
with grace.
我会表现出安静的自尊
I would astonish myself and others with my
出乎我和其他人的意料
My quiet dignity.
表现出忍♥耐力
My ability to endure.
会有以我命名的雕塑建起
Statues would be erected in my name.
“谨纪念安妮艾略特
“In memory of Anne Elliot,
她面对巨大损失时
who suffered cosmic loss
泰然处之 令人钦佩”
yet really held it together quite impressively.”
Mm.
安妮
Anne.
你来了
You’re here. -Yes, it appears I am.
是的 看来我是来了
你一个人吗?
Are you alone? -Mm.
我在等一个朋友
I’m just waiting for a friend.
这样啊
I see.
下大雨 我们走不了了 他去叫马车了
We got caught in the rain. He’s gone to fetch a carriage.
他很有魅力
He’s quite charming.
-我听到很高兴 -他会惹我笑
Well, I’m pleased to hear that. -He makes me laugh.
能笑真好
It’s nice to laugh.
显然你还没有听说订婚的事
Apparently, you’ve yet to hear about the engagement. I’m–
不好意思 马在雨里真是噩梦一般
I’m sorry, the horses were a nightmare in the rain.
-艾略特先生 容我介绍 -我们记得彼此
Uh, Mr. Elliot, allow me to introduce– -We remember each other.
是的
We do.
Mm.
这位是温特沃斯舰长
Th-this is Captain Wentworth.
是的 你的好朋友温特沃斯舰长
Yes, your good friend Captain Wentworth.
我很高兴有机会 为我在莱姆的行为道歉
I’m glad to have the opportunity to, uh, apologize for my behavior in Lyme.
当时这位耀眼的
It was on account of being struck by this
耀眼的生物让我心慌意乱
dazzling creature.
请不要称我为生物
Please don’t call me a creature.
这位耀眼的
This dazzling, um
女士?
Woman? Woman?
-“生物”有什么不妥? -我们晚点再聊
What’s wrong with creature? -We’ll talk about it later.
你们俩怎么耽误那么久?
What is taking you two so long?
请等一下
Um, just one second. One second.
明天有一场音乐会 要一起去吗?
There’s a concert tomorrow. Will you join us?
我不愿意打扰你们
Oh, I’d hate to intrude. -On what?
打扰什么了?
那就是你会来的 太棒了
You’ll come, then. Excellent.
那就是四人行了: 你、她、美声唱法和我
We’ll be a foursome. You, she, the bel canto and me.
他真有与众不同啊 不是吗?
He’s quite original, isn’t he?
甚至可以说是独一无二
Unique, even.
能看到你开心真好
It’s good to see you happy.
谢谢
Thanks.
希望你也开心
I hope you’re happy too.
安妮 我们该走了
Anne, I think we should be going.
明天见
I’ll see you tomorrow.
-安妮!快点! -上车吧
Anne! Hurry up!
晚上好
Good evening.
走吧?
Shall we?
路易莎还好吗?
How’s Louisa?
已经好很多了
Very much recovered.
但还在慢慢恢复
And yet still healing slowly.
需要时间和爱才能帮她渡过难关
It’s going to take time and love to see her through.
很好
Good.
你在巴斯的时候 我希望我们能见见面
So long as you’re in Bath, I hope we can see a bit of one another.
我不确定要在这里待多久
I’m actually not sure how long I’ll be here.
我要做一个艰难的决定 我收到了一个船上的工作机会
I’m in the throes of a difficult decision. Been offered a position aboard a ship.
船周六就要出发前往马耳他 所以我没有太长时间考虑
Oh.
She sets sail for Malta Saturday, so I don’t have long to make up my mind.
听起来还挺刺♥激♥的
Well, that sounds exciting. -Indeed it does.
的确是很刺♥激♥
I love my work and I’m happy for the opportunity to serve, but–
我热爱工作 也很高兴 有这样的服务机会 但是
抱歉打扰了 但我需要把我的安妮偷走一会儿
I’m sorry to interrupt, but I need to steal my Anne for a moment.
她还能说一口流利的意大利语 不可置信吧?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!