不 要是少了马卡龙 就不是野餐了
No, no, no. It’s not a picnic without macaroons.
如果他们忘记打包甜点 亨利肯定会大发雷霆的
Henry would have thrown a fit if they’d forgotten to pack the dessert.
算你走运 我对马卡龙没什么兴趣
Well, lucky for you, I don’t really care for macaroons.
-嗯 -我也不是亨利
Hmm. -And I’m not Henry.
你不是
No.
大家都不是他
Nobody is.
你有没有想过跟别人在一起?
Do you ever think about spending time with someone else?
有好几个男人都想追求你
Several men have offered.
你知道我喜欢谁的陪伴吗?
Do you know whose company I enjoy?
我自己的
My own.
鳏夫最短命 未婚的女人最长命 这不是没有原因的
There’s a reason widowed men die soonest and unmarried women live longest.
我们很善于独处
We’re great company.
但你有没有想念过别人的陪伴?
But do you ever miss company?
你觉得我为什么经常去欧洲旅行呢?
Why do you think I take so many European tours?
罗素夫人!
Lady Russell!
Shh.
真不该吃这么多 今晚一定有大餐
I hope I haven’t eaten too much. There’s sure to be a feast tonight.
-我们要去见大名鼎鼎的艾略特先生 -他为什么现在让父亲还他人情?
We’re to meet the famous Mr. Elliot.
But why is he courting Father’s favor now?
伊丽莎白当然会认为是她的魅力
Well, Elizabeth, of course, assumes it is she who motivates him
激发了他的兴致
with all of her charms.
我父亲也没有什么好处 能够给艾略特先生
Mr. Elliot has nothing to gain from my father.
他更富有 而且不论发生什么 他也能继承头衔
He is richer than him and will inherit his title no matter what.
-他一定是有什么目的 -你为什么这么怀疑他?
He must be after something. -Why are you so suspicious of him?
因为任何那么有魅力的人 都肯定有所企图
Because anyone that attractive must have an angle.
-你有什么事瞒着我? -我见过艾略特先生
What are you keeping from me? -I’ve seen Mr. Elliot.
而且他很有魅力
And he’s attractive.
非常有魅力
Very attractive.
你见过他?
You met him?
在莱姆 虽然我们都不知道对方是谁
In Lyme, though neither of us knew who we were meeting.
-你们是擦出火花了吗? -那是不可能的
Do I sense a romance brewing? -That’s not going to happen.
-为什么? -因为他很完美
Because? -Because he is a ten.
我永远都不会相信完美的人
I never trust a ten.
Oh!
(巴斯)
This is you.
你的目的地到了
这算是搬到小一点的地方了?
This is his idea of downsizing?
这是个开始
It’s a start.
别逼我
Don’t make me.
勇敢点 亲爱的
Courage, ma chérie.
今晚见
I’ll see you tonight.
-安妮!见到你真是太高兴了 -什么意思?
Anne! I’m so happy to see you. -What do you mean by that?
艾略特先生正在来的路上 我想让你在一旁衬托出我的美
Mr. Elliot is on his way and I want him to see what I look like next to you.
-回家真好 -想想看
It’s good to be home. -Just think.
他十年来一直在暗恋我
He’s been nursing a crush on me for nearly a decade.
可怜啊 他一定受了很大的苦头
Poor man. How he must have suffered.
才怪 他是为了结婚才逃离你 你竟然说他在这段婚姻中受苦
All the way through a marriage he ran away from you to secure.
是不是疯了? 他肯定是自以为配不上我
Isn’t it mad? He must have presumed I was out of his league.
我想不到别的理由了
I can’t imagine any other reason.
我不确定你是不是在侮辱我
I’m never quite sure whether you’re insulting me,
但我不太在乎你的尊重 我完全不介意
but I value your regard so little that I don’t mind either way.
啊 安妮 你要穿这身衣服吗? 艾略特先生随时都可能到
Ah, Anne. Is that what you’re wearing?
Mr. Elliot will be here any moment.
艾略特先生让你受了那么多罪 你竟然如此宽宏大量 我很惊讶
I was surprised, Father,
to learn how forgiving you’ve been after all he made you suffer.
受罪?
Suffer?
他大肆侮辱你
Well, there were many insults.
他否认了
He denies making them.
-父亲 他的确侮辱了你 -他强烈否认了
Father, he made them to you.
He was very strong in his denial.
他来了
Oh, that’s him.
去开门啊 安妮 别无精打采的
Get the door, Anne. And don’t slouch.
快点啊
Hurry up!
真是的
Gosh.
谢谢
Thank you.
Ah.
看来天意还是站在我这边的
It seems like providence plays for my team after all.
我是你的堂妹安妮
I’m your cousin, Anne.
堂妹?有意思
Cousin? Interesting.
比起路人 这关系明显升级了 但还没到最亲密的程度
It’s a decided step up from passerby, but still a bit short of “most beloved”.
但我愿意为我的头衔努力
But I am willing to work for my titles.
我真幸运啊 你既会调情 还很努力
Imagine my luck, a flirt and a hard worker.
别忘了 我还很有钱
Don’t forget rich.
幸好有你提醒我们
Lucky we have you to remind us.
-这到底是怎么回事? -别担心 他只是在跟我彩排呢
What in God’s name is happening?
Don’t worry, darling, he’s just practicing on me.
走吧?
Shall we?
我知道你经常来看我姐姐
I understand you’ve been visiting my sister quite often.
你的关注让她很高兴
She is delighted by the attention.
能听到你姐姐有能力高兴 让我很欣慰
Well, it’s nice to hear that your sister is capable of delight.
但今天之前 谈恋爱都不在我的考虑之中
But romance has been the last thing from my mind.
Until today.
如果你不是为了求婚而来的 那么
Well, if you haven’t been coming for the purpose of courtship, then
当然是因为克雷夫人
Mrs. Clay, of course. -Mrs. Clay?
克雷夫人?
About a month ago, I received word that my uncle had appeared in Bath
大约一个月前 我收到消息称我叔叔出现在巴斯
并且有一位出身低贱的女人陪伴
in the company of a woman of low birth.
很多人假定她是想牵上他的手 那桩婚事将会成为丑闻
Many presumed she was after his hand.
Now, that marriage would be a scandal.
你是为我父亲的名誉担忧吗?
You’re concerned for my father’s reputation?
不 完全没有
Oh, no, not at all.
我担心他会生出个儿子 那个孩子会抢走我的头衔
My concern is that he will have a son and that son will rob me of my title
和我的庄园
and my estate.
我的计划是采取任何必要的手段 阻止这件事成真
And my plan is to block that by any means necessary.
我说过了 我愿意为我的头衔努力
I told you, I’m willing to work for my titles.
不得不说 你的坦诚让我钦佩
I have to say, I am impressed by your openness.
提神醒脑吧?
Refreshing, yes?
很高兴见到你
I’m so glad to see you again.
我听说了我离开莱姆之后 你们的派对发生了特别惨烈的事故
I heard about that terrible accident that befell your party after I left Lyme.
她怎么样了?
How is she?
她还卧床不起 但已经好多了
She’s still confined to her bed, but much recovered.
我今早收到了消息
I received word this morning.
谢谢你的关心
Thank you for asking.
-你一定受了很大苦 -我受的苦最轻
You must have suffered terribly. -I suffered the least, truly.
你有个温柔的灵魂 你对身边的人有深深的同情心
You have a gentle soul. You feel deeply for those around you.
那场事故肯定是一场折磨 很遗憾你要经历这种事
I imagine it was quite an ordeal. I regret you had to go through it.
谢谢
Thank you.
太棒了 亲爱的
So good, darling.
Mm.
-去吧 你获得了我的同意 -要是没有你的同意 我什么都不敢做
Go forth. You have my blessing. -I wouldn’t do anything without it.
-太棒了! -太棒了!
Bravo! -Bravo!
太棒了 弹得非常棒 女士
Bravo. Very well played, madam.
他想用坦诚来征服我
He means to disarm me with candor.
没有用
It isn’t working.
暂时没用
Yet.
应该也不会有用
Probably won’t.
对吧?
Right?
哎哟
Ow.
-什么? -开心的事
What? -Joy.
不好意思 我感到很开心
Pardon me, I’m experiencing joy.
达林普尔侯爵遗孀和她女儿
The dowager Viscountess Dalrymple and her daughter,
尊敬的卡特蕾小姐
the honorable Miss Carteret,
现在正在巴斯
are in Bath.
你们是趁我睡觉时排练过吗?
Do you rehearse this stuff while I’m sleeping?
我们亲爱的堂亲们!
Our dear cousins!
堂亲?我爱堂亲!
Cousins? I love cousins!
想要准确描述家族里的近亲 而非远亲
Cousin is a term most accurately applied to those within one’s family tree,
堂亲是最准确的称呼
not those within one’s family forest.
达林普尔家都不知道我们的存在
The Dalrymples don’t have the slightest notion that we exist.
借助视觉上的帮助
With the help of a few visual aids,
我们一定能够在45分钟内 把关系解释得清清楚楚
I bet we could explain the connections most comprehensively
within three quarters of an hour.
-但为什么啊? -为什么?
But why? -Why?
这些人是贵族 大家都想跟她们 在一起 然后被人看到
These people are nobility. Everyone will want to be seen with them.
但这有什么好处?
What’s the advantage of being seen with them?
安妮 别装傻了
Anne, don’t be deliberately dense.
快点!把最好的裙子拿出来
Quick! Break out your finest frocks.