(莱姆)
舰长 这位是安妮艾略特
Captain, this is Anne Elliot.
安妮艾略特
Anne Elliot.
哈维尔舰长
Captain Harville.
很高兴认识你
Pleasure to meet you.
失陪了
Please excuse me.
听说你很喜欢诗歌♥ 或者说那只是谣言?
Now, you are a fan of poetry. Or is that just a rumor?
你似乎很了解我 这让我感到不太自在
You seem to know more of me than I can hardly be comfortable with.
原谅我 我只是在策划阴谋
Forgive me, I’m just hatching a plot.
-看到我们的朋友了吗? -看到了
You see our friend over there? -Yes.
他是本维克舰长
Captain Benwick.
本维克舰长对文学作品的品味也很高
Now, Captain Benwick has also considerable taste in reading.
但他堕入了悲伤之中
But he has fallen into a sadness.
不知道你能不能和他谈谈?
I wondered if you might take a moment to talk to him?
我可以用浮木盖房♥子 但对希腊文化一无所知
I can build a house out of driftwood, but don’t ever ask me about the Greeks.
是什么让他如此悲伤?
What’s the source of his sorrow?
从特洛伊回来之后 发现他家床上躺着另外一个男人?
Home from Troy and there’s another man in his bed?
抱歉 是《阿伽门农》里的笑话
Sorry, Agamemnon joke.
他和我妹妹范妮订婚了
He was engaged to my sister Fanny.
两人非常相爱
And they were very much in love.
在他出海的时候 偏偏在他们结婚的日子前 她去世了
And she died while he was at sea, just before they were set to be married.
请节哀
I’m so sorry.
人们说宇宙总是有计划的
They say the universe always has a plan.
-所以你可以跟他聊聊吗? -我很乐意
So, will you? Speak to him. -I’d be happy to.
虽然我不确定自己 是不是宇宙意向中的信使
Though I’m not sure I’m the messenger the universe has in mind.
相信我 宇宙从来不会出错
Trust me, it’s never wrong.
一个人的目的就是找到另一个人
All that is meant for one is meant to find one.
我保证
I promise.
你也去说服温特沃斯 要是他继续无视海军 那他就是傻子
And while you’re at it, convince our friend Wentworth
that he’d be a fool to ignore the Navy much longer.
我不想看到一个人才被浪费
I hate to see a talent wasted.
-要是我有影响力就好了 -今晚晚餐的时候?
If only I had influence.
-你把他灌醉 我就偷偷把他抬上船 -你应该去求路易莎
Tonight at dinner? You get him drunk. I’ll smuggle him aboard.
Perhaps you should ask Louisa.
我求的是你
I’m asking you.
走吧?
Shall we?
你不是想要游泳吧?
Not tempted to have a dip in the water, are you?
谢谢 保证吗?
Thank you. Promise?
来吧 玛丽
Come on, Mary.
温特沃斯当然拒绝承认他弄错了坐标
Wentworth, of course, refused to admit that he had got the coordinates wrong.
温特沃斯舰长真固执啊
Captain Wentworth is very stubborn.
确实很固执 他有潜力成为上将
Stubborn indeed. He could be an admiral some day,
可以服务王室和其所珍视的一切
great service to the Crown and all that it holds dear,
但他却宁愿在内陆放着闲屁 度过余生
but instead he’d rather fart around inland for the rest of his life.
他想在哪儿放屁就让他在哪儿放吧
Oh, let the man fart where he likes.
我希望有朝一日能成家
I would like to have a family one day.
你们也知道 水手的妻子 需要为他选择的人生道路付出代价
As you well know,
the wife of a sailor pays a tax for her husband’s chosen path.
虽然代价不算大
It is but a small fee.
这是我经常担心的事 我不想让任何人付出代价
Constant worry. I’d hate to ask that of anyone.
太荒谬了
That’s ridiculous.
没有人过着无忧无虑的人生
No life is without worry.
哈维尔说得对
Harville is right.
安妮
Anne.
你未来的妻子 会有足够的能力管理自己的感受
Your future wife will be perfectly capable of managing her own feelings.
别为她决定她能承受或不能承受 什么样的顾虑 这是在贬低她
Don’t patronize her by deciding for her what worries she can and cannot endure.
谁知道呢?
Who knows?
也许她会在家 努力创造自己的冒险旅程
Perhaps she’ll even be forging her own adventures at home.
-谁想再来点红酒? -我要
Right, who wants more wine?
-来点吗?很好 -好的
Yes. Yes.
-Yeah? Okay, good. -Yes. Yes.
拜伦勋爵
Lord Byron.
“她是一丝不苟的光芒 照亮我的人生”
“She was my life’s unerring light.”
“若是熄灭了 任何光亮都将让我的夜晚破裂”
“That quench’d, what beams shall break my night.”
没错 他帮我度过了 一两个自怜的夜晚
Yes. He’s got me through a self-pitying night or two.
我经常觉得诗歌♥有很不幸的一点
I often think it is the great misfortune of poetry
就是那些能够完全享受诗歌♥的人
that it’s seldom enjoyed safely
很少能够安全地沉浸其中
by those capable of enjoying it completely.
只有那些品尝过失落滋味的人
Only people who know loss
才能真正欣赏拜伦的作品
can really appreciate Byron.
但那些人只应浅尝他的作品
But those people should only taste him sparingly.
否则他们会在自己的悲伤中陷得更深
Otherwise, they’ll be left more deeply in their sorrow.
那些人该怎么做?
Then, what are those people meant to do?
老实说 八年来 我一直试图寻找答案
Honestly, I’ve been trying to work that out for eight years now.
我只能把我每天反复对自己说的话 告诉你
I can only tell you what I must repeat to myself daily.
你还年轻 还不知道未来的样子
You’re young. You don’t know what the future has in store.
你会重振旗鼓 重新找回快乐
You will rally, and you will be happy again.
-也许你说得对 -我知道我是对的
Perhaps you’re right. -I know I am.
谢谢你 艾略特小姐
Thank you, Miss Elliot.
我只是想说 向低阶级的人 收取的税款是不成比例的
I’m only saying, the lower ranks are taxed disproportionately.
为什么不考虑更公平的 ?
-那是谁? -什么?
Who is that? -Pardon me. I think I’m in your way.
我好像挡了你的路
那你也许可以让路
Perhaps you can correct that.
也许吧
Perhaps.
你好
Hello.
有何贵干?
Can I help you with something?
考虑到我的需要 也许不必麻烦你
Considering what I’d like help with, probably not.
Hmm.
你好啊
Hello.
你好啊
Hello.
我要为今天早上的事道歉
I’m sorry about this morning. -What happened this morning?
-今天早上怎么了? -就是我们遇到的那位无礼的男士
I’m speaking of that rude gentleman we encountered.
我不是你哥哥 你不需要我的保护
I’m not your older brother. You don’t need my protection.
你也很擅长为自己辩护
In any event, you’ve never had trouble speaking for yourself.
你不用道歉
No apology necessary.
那显然是出于好意
It was clearly well intended.
听着 我们还没机会好好聊聊
Look, we haven’t really had a chance to talk.
这些年 我在脑海里想象出了 千千万万个你 想着和你一起的生活
I’ve lived with a thousand different imagined versions of you over the years.
有些是出气筒
Some to rail against.
有些是要珍惜的宝贝
Some to cherish.
我也是
Likewise.
我不知道还会不会与你重逢
I didn’t know if I’d ever see you again.
也不知道你是否知道我有多在乎
Or if you knew how much I cared.
我想我一直都知道
I think I always knew.
你是独一无二的
There’s no one quite like you.
我不想让你从我的生活中消失 不管你是以什么样的形式出现
And it’s clear to me that I want you in my life.
No matter what form that takes. Bury the past and
埋葬过去 然后
我想我的意思是
I suppose what I’m getting at is, um

I
我想跟你做朋友
I would like to be friends.
我也是这么想的
I was I was thinking the same.
我今天早上突然想明白了
I saw so clearly this morning the prison
我的怨恨给思想造了一座牢
my resentment had created.
我真心希望 不管你到哪里 你都能找到所需要的真爱
I genuinely hope you find love wherever you need to find it.
我也要谢谢你
And I thank you,
衷心感谢你愿意跟我成为朋友
from the bottom of my heart, for your offer of friendship.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
那么
Well
太棒了
Excellent.
聊得很愉快
Good talk.
我真心希望你会考虑成为海军上将
I really do hope you’ll be open to pursuing the admiralty.
大家都谈起了你的天赋
Everyone speaks to your genius.
他们肯定已经轻描淡写了
I’m sure they understate it.
他们不了解真正的我 也不知道什么能让我开心
They don’t really know who I am or what would make me happy.
我知道
Well, I do.
我了解你
I know you.
我知道你想要过上有意义的生活
And I know you want a life of consequence.
我知道你一定会做出一番成就
And I know you’d be brilliant.
-想知道一个秘密吗? -当然了
You want to know a secret? -Always.
我在海上最痛苦的时候
My most grim moments at sea,
当我感到不知所措 百思不得其解
when I felt completely lost and confused
感觉到很自卑时
and inadequate,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!