一直到在莱姆出了那样的事
Until the business at Lyme happened.
事情平息之后 又得等她恢复清醒
When it was clear they must wait till her brain was set to right.
现在剧情又出现大转折了
Now the matter has taken the strangest turn of all.
Frederick搬到什罗普郡了
Frederick has removed to Shropshire.
早 -你好
Morning. -How d’you do?
这位小姐又不嫁他了
And the young lady, instead of marrying him,
她要嫁给James Benwick了!
is to marry James Benwick!
你知道James Benwick吧
you know James Benwick.
一般熟吧
I…am a little acquainted with Captain Benwick. yes.
她要嫁给他了
She is to marry him.
我确实有点吃惊
I confess, I am amazed.
当然 谁都没想到 但就是这样
Certainly, it’s unforeseen, but it’s true.
是Frederick亲自写信告诉我们的
We have it in a letter from Frederick himself.
但他和她的想法太不同了
But their minds are so dissimilar!
但他俩在一起好几个星期 而且…
yes, but they were thrown together several weeks, and…
Louisa才大病初愈
Louisa, just recovering from illness,
状况很微妙啊
was in an interesting state.
Louisa肯定爱上斯考特和拜伦了
No doubt Louisa will become an enthusiast for Scott and Byron.
同意 这倒听说了
Aye. That’s learned already.
当然!
Of course!
当然
Of course,
他们因诗坠入爱河
they fell in love over poetry!
所以Frederick也算解脱了
So, Frederick is unshackled and free.
呃… 他难受么?
And, erm…is he bitter?
完全没有
Oh, not at all. Not at all!
信里写的可乐观了
The letter is sanguine.
从头到尾俩人也没什么誓言
There’s barely an oath in it from beginning to end.
从他写的信看 你会觉得
you would not think from his way of writing
他根本就没想过这位小姐 叫什么来着?
that he’d ever thought about this young… What’s her name?
Louisa
Louisa
对 Louisa 完全没考虑过
yes, Louisa, for himself at all.
可怜的Frederick
So, poor Frederick
又要重新开始了
will have to begin again
找别的适婚对象
with somebody else.
那样更好
Oh, that’s better.
噢 这雨啊
Oh, this rain.
Elliot先生肯定马上就会回来
I’m sure Mr Elliot will return in a moment.
Molland的杏仁糖
I believe that Molland’s marzipan
肯定跟巴斯的一样好
is as fine as any in Bath.
你不觉得么 Penelope?
Do not you, penelope?
噢 是的
Oh…yes.
没错 是挺…
It is…it is quite…
我看见Dalrymople夫人的马车了
I’ve found Lady Dalrymple’s carriage.
她愿意送你们回家
She’s pleased to convey you home.
但车里只能再坐两个人了
She has, alas, room only for two.
我走回去没关系
It’s no trouble to me to walk.
那怎么行 你都感冒了!
Nonsense, you have a cold!
Anne可以走回去
Anne can walk.
真的没事
No, really.
你还可以给我看看你说的那把太阳伞
you might show me that parasol you mentioned?
你鞋会泡坏的
you’ll ruin your shoes.
Anne穿的鞋厚
Anne has thick boots on.
Elliot先生 能麻烦您么?
Mr Elliot, would you be so kind?
我很乐意护送Anne小姐
I should be delighted to escort Miss Anne.
那就这样吧
Then that’s settled.
请告诉马夫我们准备好了
please tell the coachman that we are ready.
Anne小姐?
Miss Anne?
你不舒服么?
A…are you unwell?.
喝点儿水就好了
I will just…I will just get some water.
抱歉
Excuse me.
早安 Wentworth上校
Good morning, Captain Wentworth.
Elliot小姐
Miss Elliot.
您来巴斯了
So, you are come to Bath.
是 来了
Well, yes I…I am.
您觉得怎么样?
How do you like it?
巴斯么? -嗯
Bath? -Mmm.
还没来得及好好看
I have yet to see it.
你家人呢?
your family?
怎么了? -都挺好吧?
yes? -Are they in health?
挺好 挺好 谢谢关心
They are. They are, thank you.
您呢? 您身体还 还好吧?
And you? Are you i-in health?
我也挺好 谢谢 船长
I am very well, thank you, Captain.
Dalrymple夫人的马车
Lady Dalrymple’s carriage
为Elliot小姐们准备好了
for the Miss Elliots.
是我们
That’s us.
您不去么?
you are not going too?
没那么地儿 我走回去
There is no room. I shall walk.
下雨呢 -挺小的
It’s raining. -Very little.
我觉得没什么
Nothing that I regard.
我想走走路
I-I like to walk.
我虽然昨天才到巴斯 但我已经装备齐全了
Though I only came yesterday, I’m armed for Bath.
所以请拿上吧
please, take it.
哦 谢谢
Oh, thank you.
对不起 让你久等了
I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.
我们走吧 雨小点了
Shall we set off, the rain has eased?
祝您早安 上校
Good morning, Captain.
您好 上校
How do you do, Captain?
您好 Elliot小姐
Well, thank you, Miss Elliot.
您来欣赏音乐会?
you have come for the concert?
不是 航海课程培训 我走错了么?
No, a lecture on navigation. Am I in the wrong place?
自从在莱姆度过那倒霉的一天后
I have hardly seen you
就几乎没再见过您
since that wretched day at Lyme.
我很担心 您肯定受惊吓了
I’m afraid you must have suffered from the shock.
还让您承受了那么多压力
The more so for not overpowering you at the time.
我没有受惊吓
I was not in danger from suffering
也没承受过多压力 谢谢关心 上校
from not being overpowered, thank you, Captain.
您让Benwick上校去找外科医生时
When you sent Captain Benwick for a surgeon,
我打赌您已经有所预料他俩的事情
I’ll bet you had little idea of the consequences.
不 我一点没有
No, I had none.
但我希望这是个快乐的结合
But I hope it will be a very happy match.
没错 我也祝愿他俩
Indeed, I wish them well.
两家也没什么问题
They have no difficulties at home.
没有反对
No opposition,
不会善变
no caprice,
不会拖延
no delays.
还有
And yet…
Louisa Musgrove是个可爱
Louisa Musgrove is a very amiable,
性情温和的姑娘
sweet-tempered girl,
也不傻 但…
and not unintelligent, but…
Benwick更…
Benwick is more…
他是个聪明人 读书人
He’s a clever man, a reading man,
所以我觉得…
and I do view…
突然把他俩那样配在一起…
suddenly attaching himself to her like that…
像他这种心已经伤了的男人…
a man in his situation, with a broken heart…
Phoebe Harville
phoebe Harville
是个优秀的女人
was a wonderful woman
他曾经深爱着她
and he was devoted to her.
曾经深爱过这样一个女人的男人
A man does not recover from such a devotion
是很难恢复的
to such a woman.
他不应… 他没有
He ought not…he does not.
你会在莱姆待的时间长么?
Did you stay long at Lyme?
两周
A fortnight.
待到Louisa病情稳定
Until we were assured of Louisa’s recovery.
那里挺不错 我到处走了走
The country is very fine. I walked
也骑马转了转
and rode a great deal.
我还想再看看 -我以为…
I should like to see it again. -I would have thought…
我是说 这次事故让我很难受
I mean, the distress… too painful.
但难受过后…
But when the pain is over…
我去过的地方很少 每个新地方都很吸引我
I have travelled so little, every new place interests me.
我希望改天能再看一看
One day, I should very much like to see it again.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!