他从树上摔了下来
He fell from a tree.
哦 Charles
Oh, Charles.
你怎么能这样想?
How can you contemplate such a thing?
你怎么能为了一个晚宴就不管你的儿子?
How can you abandon your son and heir for a dinner?
孩子现在安全了
The child is doing well.
药剂师已经做了他该做的 一个父亲还能做什么?
The apothecary is content, what more can a father do?
我去拿手套
I need my gloves.
照看孩子并不是男人的工作 Mary
Nursing does not belong to a man, Mary.
这不是他该做的事儿
It is not his province.
我只是像一个母亲一样宠爱我的孩子
I am as fond of my child as any mother,
但我不想待在病房♥里
but I have not the nerves for the sick room.
这样的事情总是发生在我身上
This is always my luck!
只要有不愉快的事情发生 男人就会脱身而出
If anything disagreeable’s going on, men will get out of it.
你晚上能离开小Charles吗?
Could you spend the evening away from little Charles?
他父亲都能做到 我为什么不能?
If his father can, why shouldn’t I?
那你就去大宅吧
Then go to the great house.
把他交给我照顾吧
Leave the boy to my care.
天啊…
Dear me…
这是个不错的想法
that’s a very good thought.
你不介意吧?
you don’t mind?
我的确想见到Wentworth上校
I do wish to meet Captain Wentworth,
而你 Anne 远离了那个耀眼的人
and you, Anne, are by far the properest person
陪坐在我儿子身旁
to sit with the boy.
你还从未体验过母亲的感觉 对吧?
you haven’t a mother’s feelings, have you?
他的确不经意地问了你的情况
He did enquire after you slightly,
像对待一个泛泛之交那样
as might suit a slight acquaintance.
然而他对我倒非常留意
He was very attentive to me, however.
Charles和他今早会一起去打猎
Charles and he are to shoot together this morning.
但他们不来这儿吗? -不会 考虑到孩子还没恢复
But they will not call here? -No. On account of the child.
哦 因为小孩的缘故
Oh, on account of the child.
我是来带猎犬的 -什么?
I’ve come for the dogs. -What?
我是来带猎犬的 我们正准备出发
I’ve come for the dogs. We’re just setting off.
Wentworth上校 后面还跟着Henrietta和Louisa
Captain Wentworth follows with Henrietta and Louisa.
Mary 他可以来和你打个招呼吗? -当然可以
Mary, may he call on you? -Why, certainly.
他来了
Here he comes now.
夫人 Musgroves小姐们和Wentworth上校来了
The Miss Musgroves, ma’am, and Captain Wentworth.
早上好 Mary 早上好 Anne
Morning, Mary. Morning, Anne.
Musgrove夫人
Mrs Musgrove.
很高兴这么快又再见到你了 上校
It’s most pleasant to see you again so soon, Captain.
你儿子怎么样了?
How’s your boy?
好多了 谢谢你的关心 我…他已经可以吃一些肉汤了
Much better, thank you. I… He’s taken some broth.
我想你应该认识我姐姐?
I believe you are acquainted with my elder sister?
我们见过一次
We have met once.
Wentworth上校
Captain Wentworth.
我衷心祝愿小Charles尽快恢复 Musgrove夫人
I wish young Charles a very speedy recovery, Mrs Musgrove.
Henrietta和Louisa发誓说他是个人物
Henrietta and Louisa swear he’s quite a character.
你丈夫 我听说 是个很厉害的猎手
your husband, I hear, is a very decent shot.
我可不能让他抢占了先机
I mustn’t let him grab the best position.
我想我打扰了你的早餐 请原谅我
I see I’ve intruded on your breakfast, forgive me.
祝你今天愉快
Good day.
我们和他们一起走吗? -哦 当然
Shall we walk with them? -Oh, yes.
我也要去
And so shall I.
女士们经常来看打猎吗 Charles?
Do women often come shooting, Charles?
没那么经常 Frederick 没有
Not that often, Frederick, no.
打猎愉快吗 Mary?
Had you good hunting, Mary?
相信我 是的 我们从未收获…
Upon my word, yes! We bagged…
哦 这么多的鸟 但是Wentworth上校…
oh, ever so many birds. But that Captain Wentworth…
他好像对你颇有微词
he’s not very gallant towards you, Anne.
当Henrietta 向他问起你时
When Henrietta asked him about you,
他说你变了很多 他都快不认识你了
he said you were so altered, he would not have known you again.
你是想说我们在船上没有东西吃
Do you suppose we live on board without anything to eat,
也没有厨子 仆人 或者刀叉
nor any cooks, any servants, nor any knife and fork to use.
我们不是野蛮人!
We ain’t savages!
让我来告诉你关于Asp行动的事情 我的第一个任务
Let me tell you about the Asp, my first command.
我们坐着Asp号♥出海在1806年的时候
We sailed away in the Asp in the year 1806.
我们有一本海军清单
We have a navy list.
我们要把她找出来
We shall look her up.
他们派我去找它 上校 从普利茅斯出发
They made me send for it, Captain, from plymouth.
你不会在新的清单里找到它的 她已经被废弃了
you won’t find it in the new list -she’s been scrapped.
我是最后一个指挥她的人 在8年前
I was the last man to command her, eight years ago,
从那之后她就不适合执行任务了
and she wasn’t fit for service then.
Asp在一些任务中差点沉没了
Nearly sank on several occasions, the Asp.
那样我就只是个英勇的海军上校Wentworth
Then I should only have been a gallant Captain Wentworth
照片登在报纸的小角落里并且你也不会听说我
in a small newspaper paragraph and you’d not have heard of me.
你依然把她捞了出来吗?
Yet still you took her out?
额 海军部有时喜欢自娱自乐
Well, the Admiralty likes to entertain itself now and then,
用一艘不适航的船送人出海
by sending men to sea on a ship hardly fit to be employed.
说得好
Well said.
幸运的家伙很快就找到了她
Lucky fellow to get her or anything so soon!
我能感觉到我的运气 我向你保证
I felt my luck, I assure you.
额 我对职位很满意
Well, I was well satisfied with the position.
我当时很热衷于航海
I was extremely keen at the time,
当时我才六岁 在海上生活
the year six, to be at sea.
我对航海非常着迷
I was extremely keen.
迫切想要干一番大事业
Badly wanted to be doing something.
你的确做到了
Naturally, you did.
像你一样的年轻人在岸上大半年能做什么?
What should a young fellow do ashore for half a year together?
当一个男子汉没有妻子的时候 他会再想去航海
When a man has no wife, he wants to be afloat again.
额 我的确在六岁的时候没有妻子
Well, I had no wife in the year six.
然后呢 Wentworth上校 后来发生了什么?
And then, Captain Wentworth, what came next?
Laconia舰 -寻找Laconia舰
The Laconia. -Find the Laconia.
那是段很棒的日子
Those were great days.
她在那儿! 英国皇家海军舰艇Laconia
Here she is! HMS Laconia,
配有74式枪炮的护卫舰 二级舰艇
7 4 gun frigate, second class.
一个朋友和我一起航行在西印度群岛
A friend and I cruised off the West Indies
抓获了许多私掠船 使航行变得非常有趣
taking enough privateers to make it very entertaining,
并且 额…使我们变得很富裕
and, er…make us quite rich.
你还记得Harville上校吗 上将?
Do you remember Captain Harville, Admiral?.
Harville? -是的 了不起的家伙
Harville? -yes. Excellent fellow.
我很好奇他会变成什么样?
I wonder what’s become of him?
你不是带来了Harville的妻子和孩子吗
Did not you bring Mrs Harville and her children
在去年春天从朴茨茅斯到普利茅斯的返航途中?
round from portsmouth to plymouth last spring?
是的 怎么了? -啊!
yes, why? -Ah!
我会带来Harville的任何东西
I’d bring anything of Harville’s
只要他开口 天涯海角也行
from the world’s end if he asked me to.
他有一个著名的豪言
And this from the man famous for declaring
他从不会让一个女人上他的船
he will never have a woman on his ship.
什么 从不? -当然 除非是举♥行♥舞会
What, never? -Except for a ball, of course.
这并不是认为女性缺乏航海的勇气 Musgrove夫人
It’s from no lack of gallantry towards women, Mrs Musgrove.
相反地
Rather the reverse.
船上的住宿条件并不适合女性
Accommodation onboard is not suitable for ladies.
Frederick 我在船上住了5年
Frederick, I have lived on five!
但是 Sophy 你和你丈夫一起
But, Sophy, you were with your husband,
并且是船上唯一的女性
and were the only woman on board.
我不喜欢你谈论女人好像她们都是不理性的一样
I hate you talking about all women as irrational creatures.
我们中没有人想一辈子都平淡无奇
None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.
等他有了妻子 Sophy 他的看法♥会♥截然不同的
When he has a wife, Sophy, he will sing a different tune.
如果我们在有生之年有幸遇到另一场战争的话
Then, if we have the luck to live to another war,
我们会看到他对任何带来他妻子的人心怀感激
we shall see him grateful to anybody who brings him his wife.
哦 不 不 我遇过这样的事 已婚的人抨击我说
Oh, no, no. I have done. When married people attack me with
等你结婚了就不会这样想了
“you shall think differently when you are married.”
我会说 不 我不会改变想法的 随后他们又重复
I say, “No, I shan’t.” And they’ll say again,
哦 不 你会的 然后就结束了
“Oh, yes, you shall, and there’s an end of it.”
Musgrove夫人
Mrs Musgrove.
你一定是个很棒的旅行家 夫人
you must have been a great traveller, ma’am.
我曾四次穿越了大西洋
I have crossed the Atlantic four times
并且我还去过一次东印度群岛
and I have been once to the East Indies,
还有英国附近的不同地方
and to different places around home.
科克
Cork
还有里斯本
and Lisbon