还有你最好给这些画分门别类
And you’d better catalogue all the pictures
把你放在贮藏室的垃圾清理干净
and clear your rubbish out of the store room.
还应该有人去拜访教区内的每家每户
And someone ought to visit every house in the parish
与他们告别
as a take leave.
这是Elliot家族的一贯风格
It’s the Elliot way.
要是我有儿子多好
If only I’d had a son.
这一切早晚都是他的
All this might one day have been his.
尽你所能照顾Mary吧
Be what use you can to your sister Mary.
是的 父亲
yes, Father.
我在圣诞节之后一定接你去巴斯
I really must fetch you up to Bath after Christmas.
出发
Walk on.
这8年来
For eight years
你一直很少出门 我也很少看见你
you’ve been too little from home, too little seen.
你的情绪一直都很低落 自从…
And your spirits have never been high since…
你取消了婚约
your disappointment.
拓展社交圈对你的情绪会有帮助
A larger society would improve them.
但是我这么讨厌巴斯
But I so dislike Bath.
因为你把它和你母亲的去世联♥系♥在了一起
Because you associate it with the passing of your dear mother.
当我们母亲还健在的时候 Russell夫人
When my mother was alive,Lady Russell,
家里需求适度 花销节省
there was moderation and economy in our home.
更不会弄到搬出去的地步
And no need of moving out.

Hmm.
你马上就要去厄泼克劳斯吗?
Do you travel directly to Uppercross?
是的
yes.
是的 我宁愿离开这儿等他姐姐…
yes, I prefer to be gone when his sis…
等将军和他夫人到的时候
When Admiral and Mrs Croft arrive.
我希望他们对此事一无所知
I hope that they are as little familiar with the business
就像我家里人表面上看起来那样
as my own people seem to be.
我并不想见到Kellynch庄园的新房♥客
I have no desire to meet the new tenants of Kellynch Hall.
我很能体会这次分手对你家庭造成的影响
I feel this break-up of your family exceedingly.
事实上 我很愤懑
Indeed, it angers me.
我尽了我全力来
I have done my best to…
站在你母亲的位置上
stand in your mother’s place
给出了你母亲会给的建议
and offer the advice she would have given.
但是现在…
And now…
Russell夫人
Lady Russell,
我从没有这样说过…
I have never said this…
别说了这个了 你不要再说这个了
Do not talk of it. you shall not talk of it.
我并不怪你
I do not blame you.
我也不怪自己听从了你的建议
Nor do I blame myself for having been guided by you.
但是我现在相信
But I am now persuaded
尽管家里面反对这门亲事
that in spite of the disapproval at home
尽管对他的前程很担忧
and the anxiety attending his prospects
我…
that I…
我本可以更开心点的 如果我…
I should have been happier, had I…
你当时只有19岁 Anne
you were nineteen, Anne.
19岁 把你自己
Nineteen -to involve yourself
和一个一无所有的男人绑在一起
with a man who had nothing but himself to recommend him.
毫无疑问 这种精神的确可嘉
The spirit of brilliance, to be sure,
但是你们没有财产 没有可依附的关系
but no fortune, no connections.
你拒绝他完全是明智的
It was entirely prudent of you to reject him.
这就是我之前跟你说的新诗集
Now, here are the new poems I was telling you of.
总而言之 我并不在意重这些罗曼史 你也一样吧?
Altogether, I care little for these romantics, do you?
停!
Whoa!
所以…你终于还是来了
So…you’ve come at last!
我差点觉得以后都看不见你了
I began to think I should never see you.
我病得不轻
I am so ill,
连说话也很吃力
I can hardly speak.
整个早上我都没看见一个大活人
I haven’t seen a creature the whole morning.
万一我有一天
Suppose I were to be seized
病入膏肓了怎么办
in some dreadful way,
甚至都没办法摇铃叫人来
and not able to ring the bell?.
我想Russell夫人不会亲自来看我
Lady Russell, I notice, would not come in person.
这个夏天她来这里还不到三次
She’s not been in this house three times this summer.
Russell夫人诚挚地向
Lady Russell cordially asked
你和Charles问候致敬
to be remembered to yourself and Charles.
Charles七点就出去打猎了
Charles has been out shooting since 7 o’clock.
他说不会出去很久 但是到现在都没回来
He said he wouldn’t stay long, but he hasn’t come back.
我相信 如果Charles看到我快不行了
I do believe, if Charles saw me dying,
他也不会觉得这有什么大不了
he wouldn’t believe there was anything the matter with me.
每次我来厄泼克劳斯你都会好起来的
Well, I always cure you when I come to Uppercross.
你们家人都过得怎么样?
So, how is everyone at the great house?
不好说 我和他们都不熟
I couldn’t say. Not one of them has been near me.
看来Musgroves小姐们也不会来
It doesn’t happen to suit the Miss Musgroves
看我这个病人
to visit the sick.
可能过了早上你就会看见他们了
perhaps you will see them before the morning is gone.
我不想看见他们
I do not want them.
我的姑嫂太聒噪了
My sisters-in-law talk and laugh too much
我可需要静养
for one in my condition.
Henrietta不停地说着
And Henrietta goes on and on
从温斯洛普来的可怜的助理牧师
about that wretched curate from Winthrop.
哦 Anne
Oh, Anne.
你为什么不能早点来呢?
Why could you not have come earlier?
这太不贴心了
Well, it is so unkind.
我真的有很多事要做
I really have had so much to do.
你能有什么事做?
What can you possibly have had?
很多事情 真的
A great many things, in fact.

Oh.
好吧…
Well…
天啊
Dear me…
你不问我们昨天在pooles家的的晚餐怎么样吗
you haven’t asked me about our dinner at the pooles’ yesterday.
我以为你没去
I thought you must have given up the engagement.
哦! 不 我…
Oh! No, I…
我昨天还很好
I was very well…yesterday…
只是… 只是今天才很不舒服
It’s… It’s just today.

I…
我感觉就要死了
I feel like death.
聚会愉快吗?
Had you a pleasant party?
平淡无奇
Nothing remarkable.
你总是能够事先知道
One always knows beforehand,
这是场什么样的晚宴 都有谁会去
what the dinner will be and who will be there.
让人不舒服的是 连自己的马车都没有
And it is so uncomfortable, not having a carriage of one’s own.
Charles的父母带我去的 座位很挤
Charles’ parents took me. It was so crowded.
他们太占地方了
They take up so much room.
我被塞在后座和Henrietta还有Louisa一起
I was crushed into the back seat with Henrietta and Louisa.
我认为很有可能
I think it most likely
我生病就是这个原因
that my illness today may be owing to it.
你知道 Anne…
you know, Anne…
我感觉好多了
I’m feeling somewhat improved.
如果我不复发的话
Assuming I do not relapse,
我们用过午餐后走去大宅吧?
shall we walk after luncheon to the great house?
哦 好的
Oh, I’d like that.
他们以前就邀请过你了
They ought to have called on you first.
按礼节他们也应该见一下我的姐姐
They ought to know what is due to you as my sister.
但我不会幻想受到礼遇
But I wouldn’t dream of standing on ceremony
我非常了解的Musgroves家的人
with people I know so well as the Musgroves.
Walter爵士和你姐姐走了
So, Sir Walter and your sister are gone.
他们会在巴斯的哪里落脚啊?
What part of Bath will they settle in?
你一定要现在弹吗 Henrietta?
Must that thing go exactly there, Henrietta?
难道不精彩吗 母亲?
Isn’t it splendid, Mama?
用钢琴演凑会更悦耳
It will sound well with the pianoforte,
你也这样想吧 Anne?
don’t you think, Anne?
我的旧竖琴怎么了
What was wrong with my old spinet,
非得换成这个又大又闹腾的东西?
that it must make way for this great noisy article?
Anne 在我们跳舞的时候 你能给我们伴凑吗?
Anne, will you play when we give a dance?
你比我们都弹得好 我们也热爱跳舞
you play better than either of us, and we are wild for dancing.
哦 是的 请吧 Anne小姐
Oh, yes, please, Miss Anne.
哦 天啊 她的手指多么灵巧啊!
Oh, Lord bless me, how those fingers of hers can fly about!
我也可以弹 如果你们想听的话 我和Anne弹得一样好
I will play too, if you wish. I am as accomplished as Anne.
为什么…好吧谢谢 Mary
Why…thank you, Mary.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!