我或许曾不公正过
unjust i may have been
软弱过 愤恨过 但从未改变过
‘weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant.
我来巴斯的仅仅是为了你
‘you alone have brought me to Bath.
仅为你 所有事都是我有意为之
‘For you alone, I think and plan.
你难道都看不出来么?
‘Have you not seen this?
都不能了解我的心愿么
‘Can you fail to have understood my wishes?
我若不得这十天
‘Had I not waited even these ten days,
又怎能读懂你的心意
‘could I have read your feelings?
我必须走了 不知命运何从 但我会尽早回来
‘I must go, uncertain of my fate, but I shall return
参加你的聚会
‘or follow your party as soon as possible.
一个字 见一面 便足以
‘A word, a look will be enough
决定我今晚是踏进你父亲的房♥子
‘to decide whether I enter your father’s house this evening…
还是永不再见
‘or never.’
Anne?
Anne?
Anne 出什么事了?
Anne, is something the matter?
Anne 看看你啊
Anne, look at you!
噢 我有点头晕 Musgrove夫人
Oh, I-I feel a little faint, Mrs Musgrove.
呃 请原谅 我要回家了
Erm… I will go home, if I may.
快回去吧 亲爱的
By all means, my dear.
赶紧回家 照顾好自己
Go home directly and take care of yourself,
休息好了晚上好参加聚会
so you may be fit for this evening.
Charles 去叫个车
Charles, go and call a chair.
真不用 Musgrove夫人
No. I assure you, Mrs Musgrove,
我能走
I am…I am well able to walk.
祝你们日安
Erm… Good morning.
去啊
Go on.
Charles
Charles
今晚一定要让Wentworth上校
please assure Captain Wentworth
和Harville上校来
and Captain Harville
我们想见到他们
that we hope to see them tonight.
明白了 -不 你不明白
That was understood. -No, I don’t think so.
他们必须来 听见了么?
They must come, do you hear?
你一定得去见他们 一定得提这事儿
you’ll see them again. promise me you’ll mention it.
当面说啊 Frederick 你往哪边走?
Mention it yourself. Frederick, which way are you going?
我也不知道
I hardly know.
你要去Camden家附近么?
Are you going near Camden place?
去的话 带Anne回他父亲那儿
If you are, take Anne to her father’s door.
她今早不舒服 可我正想去看看枪
She’s done for this morning and I’m eager to see a gun,
跟你上次用的我那把双杆枪差不多
like that double-barrel of mine you once shot with.
我有时间送她 Charles
I shall have time to take her, Charles.
谢谢
Thank you.
我试着忘记你
I tried to forget you.
我以为我忘了
I thought I had.
等Wentworth上校来了
When Captain Wentworth arrives
你不许霸占他
you must not monopolise him.
你这个习惯很不好
It’s a very bad habit of yours.
没错 波拿巴家族已经逃离厄尔巴岛了
Aye. Bonaparte has got off Elba
在法国建立了一只军队
and raised an army in France.
看来又要开战了
It seems there’s to be another war.
那你们又要离开我们了 Croft上将?
So, you will be leaving us again, Admiral Croft?
Anne 当你做了决定 就要坚持下去
When you make a decision, Anne, you must stick with it.
没有回头路
There’s no going back.
像你这么大时 我就知道自己想要什么
At your age, I found out what I wanted.
我决定结婚
I decided to marry.
然后我就结了
And I am married…
至死不渝
until I die.
我希望有一天也看到你结婚
I hope one day to see you do the same.
我也希望如此
I hope so too.
Elliot小姐 能跟您说句话么?
Miss Elliot, may we speak a moment?
您对我的追求有什么提议么?
Have you thought any further about my offer?
什么提议 Elliot先生?
But what offer was that, Mr Elliot?
赞美爱慕您一生一世
My offer to flatter and adore you all the days of your life.
Elliot先生 我现在没空
I haven’t had a moment, Mr Elliot,
去想这些
to turn my mind to it.
Wentworth上校
Captain Wentworth
Harville上校
and Captain Harville.
Wentworth上校 请进!
Captain Wentworth, come in!
您玩儿哪个? 桥牌?
What will you play? Whist?
我这次来是有事相求 Walter先生
I have come on business, Sir Walter.
有事?
Business?
我向您女儿Anne的求婚
My proposal of marriage to your daughter Anne
她已经同意了
has been accepted.
我谦恭地向您请求
And I respectfully request
定下良辰吉日
permission to fix a date.
Anne?
Anne?
你想娶Anne?
you want to marry Anne?
为什么啊?
Whatever for?