上将将退其租♥房♥♥ 另寻他处
the Admiral will cancel his lease and find another place.
完毕 我完成任务了
There. I have done my duty.
您是否想搬? 回答是或不是
Do you wish it? Say yes or no
回答完就完事了
and we are both released.
上将太周到了
The Admiral is too kind.
就说 是或不是
Just say it. yes or no.
为什么大家都认为…
Why is everyone assuming that…
Wentworth上将
Captain Wentworth.
Russell夫人
Lady Russell.
先生 您还真是非同一般啊
you have an extraordinary ability
能让我的朋友如此不安
to discompose my friend, sir.
您对她的影响才是非同一般 夫人
you have an extraordinary ability to influence her, ma’am,
这让我很难原谅
which I find hard to forgive you.
为什么城里所有人都认为我会嫁给他?
Why does the whole town believe I shall marry him?
噢 您不会么? -不会!
Oh. Shan’t you? -No!
那我只能说 听到这个 我松了口气
I have to say I am relieved to hear it.
为什么?
Why?
因为… 您是否想过为什么一个
Because… Did you never wonder why a man
视您家族荣誉如粪土
who held the honour of your family like dirt,
对Kellynch庄园毫无兴趣的男人
who showed no interest in the Kellynch estate,
会突然对你兴趣盎然么?
should suddenly show such interest?
你知道什么?
What do you know?
我昨天在Wallis上校家
I was at Colonel Wallis’s yesterday
我偶然听见他向他妻子抱怨
and I chanced to hear him complain to his wife
Elliot先生又借了一笔贷款
that Mr Elliot required another loan.
但他很富有
But he is rich.
他曾经富有 但都没了
He was rich. He has lost it.
他的生活方式都是假的 他靠借钱度日
His lifestyle is a sham. He lives on borrowed money.
你是说 他对我献殷勤是因为…
Are you saying he pays his attentions to me because…
他想要头衔和土地
He wants the title and the land.
他听说了你姐姐的朋友Clay夫人…
He heard of your sister’s friend, Mrs Clay…
想成为下一位Elliot夫人
Who hopes to become the next Lady Elliot.
并准备给Walter先生生个儿子
And to provide Sir Walter with a son.
继承人? -娶了你
An heir? -By marrying you,
他就在这个家有了立足之地
he gains some footing in the family,
就能影响你的父亲…
exerts his influence on your father…
并保住他的继承权了
..and keeps his inheritance.
你以前怎么不说?
Why didn’t you say this before?
我们也才知道
We’ve just learnt it.
太卑鄙了
How despicable!
Musgrove夫人
Mr Musgrove
和我兄弟 Hayter 又见面了
and my brother, hayter, met again…
早 Musgrove夫人
Good morning, Mrs Musgrove.
早 Croft夫人
Good morning, Mrs Croft.
噢! 他们都去购物了 Anne
Oh! They are all shopping, Anne.
但Henrietta让我留你等他们回来
But Henrietta has told me to keep you here till they return.
跟我们坐会儿吧 -谢谢
please sit with us. -Thank you.
所以 总体看来
So, all things considered,
因为Henry Hayter热衷于此
as Henry Hayter was wild about it
而我女儿现在情况也不好
and my daughter as bad,
我觉得就让他们现在结婚 尽力而为呗
we thought let them marry now and make the best of it.
而且我也跟爸爸说了
At any rate, said I to papa,
总比长♥期♥订婚要强
it’s better than a long engagement.
没有比订了婚总不结婚更烦人的了
Nothing’s so abominable as a long engagement.
你知道这是谁么?
Do you know who this is?
是Benwick上校 -是的
That’s Captain Benwick. -yes.
这不是给Louisa Musgrove画的
It was not done for Louisa Musgrove.
这是他在好望角给我可怜的妹妹画的
This was drawn at the Cape for my poor sister.
现在我得另寻他人了
And now I have the charge of getting it set for another.
我确实有点应付不过来了
It’s too much for me, I confess.
所以他就替我分担了
So he undertakes it.
他现在在写框架指导
He’s writing instructions to the frame-makers now.
可怜的Phoebe
poor phoebe.
她不会那么快忘记他的
She would not have forgotten him so soon.
那不是她的本性
It was not in her nature.
那不是任何真地爱过的女人的本性
It’s not for any woman who truly loved.
你是在为女性说话么?
Do you claim that for your sex?
我们没你们忘记我们
We do not forget you
那么快
as soon as you forget us.
我们无法自拔
We cannot help ourselves.
我们待在家里
We live at home…
寂静度日 自我封闭
quiet…confined…
自我折磨
and our feelings prey upon us.
你们总是可以通过工作回到现实世界
you always have business to take you back into the world.
男人可没女人那么善变
It’s no more man’s nature than women’s to be inconstant,
或忘记那些他们相爱或爱过的印证
or to forget those they love or have loved.
我倒觉得恰好相反
I believe the reverse.
我觉得…
I believe…
你写完了?
Are you finished your letter?
呃 还没 还差几行
Er, not quite. A few lines yet.
我会用各种历史的证据来反驳你
Let me just observe that all histories are against you.
所有故事 散文 诗歌♥
All stories, prose and verse.
我看过的书里
I don’t think I ever opened a book
没有一本不提到女人的变幻无常
which did not have something to say on women’s fickleness.
但这些书都是男人写的
But they were written by men.
我也这么想
I suppose so.
你但凡明白男人在看自己妻儿
If you only understood what a man suffers
最后一眼时的痛苦
when he takes a last look at his wife and children.
看着他们的船渐渐离去
And watches their boat while it’s in sight
心想 天知道我们是否还能相见
and says, “God knows whether we will ever meet again.”
我若能让您看到 他发自内心的喜悦
If I could only show you… the glow of his soul
十二个月后回到家中
when he does see them once more.
与家人再次相聚
When, coming back after twelve months
但又不得不再次启程
and obliged to put into another port,
他算着自己还要多久才能再与他们相见
he calculates how soon he can get them there.
假装自我欺骗
pretending to deceive himself
心想 不到那一天 是见不到的
and saying, “They cannot be here until such a day.”
但仍盼望着能早12个小时到达
But still hoping for them twelve hours sooner.
看着他们终于到达
And seeing them arrive at last,
好像上帝给了他们翅膀
as if heaven had given them wings.
我相信您什么都能做到
I believe you capable of everything great and good.
只要…
So long as…
冒昧地说….
if I may…
只要您爱的女人活着… 且为您而活
So long as the woman you love lives…and lives for you.
我所说的女性超越男性的地方
All the privilege I claim for my own sex –
没什么值得羡慕 也无需渴望
and it is not very enviable, you need not covet it –
因为那是了无希望之时仍无法自拔的爱
is that of loving longest when all hope is gone.
亲爱的Frederick 我得走了
Dear Frederick, you and I must part company, I believe.
马上 Sophy
One moment, Sophy.
反正晚上聚会
But we shall all meet again
还得再见呢
this evening at your party.
Harville 你准备好了
Harville. If you’re ready,
我就可以走了
I’m at your service.
祝您日安 Elliot小姐 上帝保佑
Good morning, Miss Elliot, and God bless.
祝您日安 -祝您日安
Good morning. -Good morning.
Henrietta和Mary到底去哪儿了
Now where on earth have Henrietta and Mary got to?
抱歉 Musgrove夫人 我忘拿伞了
Forgive me, Mrs Musgrove. I left my umbrella.
夫人
Ma’am.
日安 Wentworth上校
Good day, Captain Wentworth.
我无法再沉默不语了
‘I can listen no longer in silence.
我必须通过这种我力所能及的方式向您表达
‘I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach.
您深深地打动了我的灵魂
‘you pierce my soul.
我很痛苦但又心怀希望
I am half agony, half hope.
告诉我 我还没有太迟
‘Tell me not that I am too late,
这珍贵的感觉还没有消逝
‘that such precious feelings are gone forever.
请接受我的心 一颗比你八年半以前
‘I offer myself to you with a heart even more your own,
伤得还要重的心
‘than when you broke it eight years and a half ago.’
不敢说男人比女人忘得快
‘Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman,
或者说他的爱消逝的更早
‘that his love has an earlier death.
除了你 我没爱过任何人
‘I have loved none but you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!