这是我的错 我一个人的错
It was my doing. Solely mine.
如果我不那么随着她
Louisa would not have been obstinate,
Louisa就不会非要跳下来了
if I had not been weak.
Anne
Anne
我从未…
I have never…
Dalrymple夫人
Lady Dalrymple
Dalrymple夫人
Lady Dalrymple
能否有幸?
May I have the pleasure?
当他们这样之后
“..and after they have done this,
他们的两颗心将
“their two hearts will…
永远地结合在一起
“combine in eternal union.”
这是字面意思
That’s the literal meaning of the words,
意译不太合适
to give the sense would not be proper.
而且我的意大利语就那么回事
Besides, I am a poor Italian scholar.
看出来了
yes. I see you are(!)
你也就能翻译个大概其
you have only enough of the language
翻成差不多正好能看懂的英语
to translate it at sight into clear, comprehensible English.
再不会说你无知了 这就是证据
We’ll say no more of your ignorance, here’s the proof(!)
我不想被一个真正的专家评头论足
I’d hate to be examined by a real proficient,
Elliot先生
Mr Elliot.
您太谦虚了
you are too modest.
世人连你一半的学识都没有
The world is not aware of half of your accomplishments.
您过奖了
This is too much flattery.
夸你用多少溢美之词都不够
I couldn’t ever flatter you enough.
没错 是长得挺帅
yes, a very well-looking man.
比巴斯的那些清爽多了
More air than one often sees in Bath.
肯定是爱尔兰人
Irish, I dare say.
海军的Wentworth上校
Captain Wentworth of the Navy.
熟人 他姐姐嫁给我的一个房♥客了
An acquaintance. His sister’s married to a tenant of mine.
你懂我的意思吧 Anne
Do you take my meaning, Anne,
还是我得翻译给你听?
or must I translate for you?
抱歉 我离开一下
please excuse me one moment.
噢 船长
Oh, Captain.
您要走了么?
Are you leaving already?
是的
yes.
但音乐很值得听啊 不是么?
But the music is good, is it not?
我不知道 也无所谓
I neither know nor care.
那您能否别… -什么?
But will you not… -What?
这太突然了 -是么?
This is too sudden. -Is it?
到底怎么了?
But what’s the matter?
没什么 什么事儿都没有
Nothing. Nothing at all.
Elliot小姐 您得回来解释一下
Miss Elliot, you must come back to explain
这个意大利语
the Italian again.
Carteret小姐很想知道唱的什么意思
Miss Carteret’s keen to know what she’s to hear.
晚安
Good night.
下一首歌♥非常优美
But the next song is very beautiful.
是一首非常优美的爱情歌♥曲
It’s a very beautiful love song.
这也不能让您留下么?
Is that not worth staying for?
不 没有任何值得我留下的
No, there’s nothing worth my staying for.
Anne 要开始了
Anne, it is beginning.
早 -早 先生
Morning. -Good morning, sir.
谢谢 -早 夫人
Thank you. -Good morning, madam.
噢 我说 Charles!
Oh, I say, Charles!
多么令人愉快啊
Isn’t it delightful?.
你要住哪儿? -白鹿酒店
Where are you staying? -At the White Hart
和Musgrove夫人一起
with Mrs Musgrove,
Henrietta
Henrietta
还有莱姆来的Harville上校一起
and Captain Harville from Lyme.
上楼上看看 -噢 对!
Come and see upstairs. -Oh, yes!
Musgrove夫人来巴斯做什么?
What brings Mrs Musgrove to Bath?
她来给Henrietta
She’s after wedding clothes
和Louisa买♥♥婚纱
for Henrietta and Louisa.
太棒了 我都晕了 双喜临门
It’s so exciting I feel giddy. A double wedding!
你觉得Louisa头上
What do you think
戴这个怎么样 Anne?
for Louisa’s hair, Anne?
这俩哪个好?
This one or this one?
Louisa平常那么严肃
Louisa has become so severe,
我觉得她应该头上什么都不想戴!
I wonder she wants a ribbon in her hair at all!
倒是可以给她本诗集拿着
Give her a book of verse to hold it instead.
看我找到谁了 妈妈
Look who I found, Mama.
Wentworth上校! -上午好
Captain Wentworth! -Good day.
我去了剧院
I have been to the theatre
订了一个明天的包间
and I have secured a box for tomorrow.
太好了!
Oh, yes!
Anne 你最好能陪我们去
Anne, you will accompany us, I hope.
我非常感谢您 Musgrove夫人
I am obliged to you, Mrs Musgrove,
但我去不了
but I cannot.
我要去Camden家参加聚会
There’s a party at Camden place,
你们都会被邀请
to which you’ll all be invited.
肯定是晚会
An evening party!
如果我能独自决定的话 Charles
If it depended only on me, Charles,
我会更愿意去剧院
I should prefer the theatre.
但我必须以我的家人为主
But I have an obligation to my family.
那我们就下次再说吧 等你有空时和我们一起
Then we shall go another time, when you are free to join us.
谢谢
Thank you.
Harville上校 坐我旁边
Captain Harville, sit with me.
我非常需要一个新颖的意见
I desperately need a fresh opinion.
不知道我能不能胜任啊
I doubt if I could be much help.
也许您在巴斯待的时间还不够长
perhaps you have not been in Bath long enough
还没学会如何享受这些聚会
to learn to enjoy these parties they give.
他们对我毫无意义
They mean nothing to me.
举办这些聚会的人
Those who hold them
认为剧院没他们的聚会尊贵
believe the theatre to be beneath their dignity.
但我不玩纸牌
But I am no card player.
没错
No.
你从来不玩 不是么
you never were, were you?
Anne 那不是Clay夫人么
Anne, there is Mrs Clay,
站在柱子旁边 还有个绅士和她一起
standing under the colonnade, and a gentleman with her.
希望是Elliot先生
Bless me, it’s Mr Elliot!
不可能是他
It cannot be him.
他已经离开巴斯
He has gone out of Bath
去找他在Combe Park的朋友了
to stay with his friends in Combe park.
我保证 我知道自己的表兄长什么样 快看!
Upon my word, I know my own cousin. Look!
那不是Elliot先生么?
Is it not Mr Elliot?
那也算是天生一对了
But it is an apt match.
作为Kellynch的女主人
To step into your mother’s shoes
接替你母亲的位子
as mistress of Kellynch.
有这样想法的人得有证据才行
Anybody capable of thought must approve it.
他很有魅力 但我的直觉告诉我…
He’s charming, but my instinct tells me…
直觉! 现在还说什么直觉 面对现实吧
Instinct! It’s no time for instinct. Look at the facts.
现在的Elliot先生是最适合的人选
The present Mr Elliot is the most eligible gentleman…
为什么他的性格变得我都不认识他了?
Why has his character altered so I know him so little?
你不认识他了?
you do not know him?
他很有魅力 也很聪明
He is charming and clever,
但我就是没感觉
but I have never seen any burst of feeling,
既不觉得暖心 也不生气 也不开心
any warmth, fury, or delight.
你会了解他的 -可我不想
you’ll come to know him. -That’s not what I want.
Elliot小姐?
Miss Elliot?
海军的一位先生想要私下约见您
A gentleman of the Navy wishes to meet privately with you.
他说是关于萨默塞特郡的
Concerning Kellynch Hall
Kellynch庄园的事
in Somerset, he says.
肯定是上将 请原谅
It must be the Admiral. please excuse me.
我是奉上将之命来的
I have a commission from my admiral,
必须转达给您
and I must discharge it.
您也许觉得我很鲁莽 但记住 我是代他传达
you may think me impertinent, but remember, I speak for him.
上将知道 你和Elliot先生的联姻之事
The Admiral is aware… that everything is settled
都已安排妥当
for a union between Mr Elliot and yourself.
上将突然想起
It occurs to the Admiral
结婚后 您可能想回到Kellynch庄园
that once married, you may wish to return to Kellynch Hall.
我奉命转告您 如您想搬回去
I have been charged to tell you that, if this is what you wish,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!