Since you don’t want to go home, I suggest you and Sister Alma
去我海边的夏日小屋住段日子
stay at my summer house by the sea.
你以为我不明白吗?
Don’t you think I understand?
无望的恶梦 不是表面上的 而是本质上的
The hopeless dream of being. Not seeming, but being.
每个梦醒时分都在时刻警惕
In every waking moment aware, alert.
两者之间的战争…别人怎么看你和你究竟是谁
The tug of war… what you are with others and who you really are.
一种眩晕的感觉
A feeling of vertigo
一种想被最终暴露的持久的渴望
and a constant hunger to be finally exposed.
希望被看透 被击倒…
To be seen through, cut down…
甚至被毁灭
even obliterated.
每句话都是谎言 一举一动都是虚假的
Every tone of voice a lie. Every gesture false.
每个微笑都是痛苦的
Every smile a grimace.
自杀?
Commit suicide?
那是难以想像的
That’s unthinkable.
你不会那样做
You don’t do things like that.
但是你可以沉默和静♥坐♥
But you can refuse to move and be silent.
这样 你至少不用撒谎
Then, at least, you’re not lying.
你可以把自己封闭起来 把世界关在门外
You can shut yourself in, shut out the world.
这样你无需扮演任何角色
Then you don’t have to play any roles,
做任何虚伪的表情和手势
show any faces, make false gestures.
你是这么想的…
You’d think so…
但现实是残酷的
…but reality is diabolical.
你的藏身之所也并非是密不透风的
Your hiding-place isn’t watertight.
到处都充斥着生活的骗局
Life trickles in everywhere.
你不得不做出反应
You’re forced to react.
没人在乎
Nobody asks if it’s real or not,
你是说实话还是撒谎
if you’re honest or a liar.
那是只在剧院里才变得重要的事
That’s only important at the theater,
或者甚至在那里也不是
perhaps not even there.
伊丽莎白 我懂你为何要沉默 为何不动弹
Elisabet, I understand why you’re silent, why you don’t move.
你的毫无生气已成定局
Your lifelessness has become a fantastic part.
我能理解 而且很钦佩
I understand and I admire you.
我想你该在这件事平静之后再扮演这个角色
I think you should play this part until it’s done…
直到人们不再感兴趣
…until it’s no longer interesting.
你便可摆脱了
Then you can leave it,
就像你摆脱其它角色一样
as you leave all your roles.
沃哥夫人和艾玛护士
Mrs. Vogler and Sister Alma
搬到了医生的夏日小屋
move into the doctor’s summer house.
这位演员很喜欢这里的海滩
The seaside stay agrees very well with the actress.
漫步 钓鱼 烹饪 写信 娱乐
Her former apathy gives way to long walks, fishing,
使她先前的冷漠逐渐消逝
cooking, letter-writing, and other diversions.
艾玛护士也非常喜欢这里的乡村生活
Sister Alma enjoys the seclusion of the countryside
并且很细心的照顾着她的病人
and takes great care of her patient.
跟人比手会倒霉的
It’s bad luck to compare hands.
伊丽莎白 我给你读一段书好吗?
Elisabet, can I read a bit of my book to you?
要是不打扰你的话?听听这个…
Or am I disturbing you? Listen to this…
“正如我们知道 自身固有的焦虑
“The anxiety we carry with us,
“我们所有破碎的梦 莫名的残忍♥
“all our broken dreams, the inexplicable cruelty,
“对死亡的恐惧
“the fear of death,
“以及对俗世痛苦深刻的洞察
the painful insight into our earthly condition…”
“已经毁灭了我们获得神之救赎的希望
“…have worn out our hope of a divine salvation.
来自我们信仰和疑虑、
“The cries of our faith and doubt
用来抵抗黑暗和沉默的呼声
“against the darkness and the silence
“是我们孤独和恐惧
“are terrible proof
“最好的证明”
of our loneliness and fear.”
你觉得是这样吗?
Do you think it’s like that?
我不相信
I don’t believe that.
想改变…但是我太懒了
To change… but I’m so lazy.
这让我很内疚
And it makes me feel guilty.
卡尔·亨里克经常指责我没有抱负
Karl-Henrik always scolds me for not having any ambitions.
他说我像具僵尸
He says I’m like a zombie.
我觉得这不公平
I think it’s unfair.
我毕业时是班上成绩最好的学生
I graduated with the highest marks in my class.
可能他说的是别的方面吧
Maybe he means something else.
你?
You?
抱歉
I’m sorry…
你知道…
You know…
在我毕业的那所医院
At the hospital, where I graduated,
有个专门给老护士住的地方
there is a home for old nurses,
那些一辈子都做护士的人…
ones who’ve been nurses all of their lives and lived for their work…
成天穿着白大褂…
always in uniform…
她们住在那里
and they live there.
想像一下一种能让你投入一生的强烈召唤…
Imagine having a calling that strong that you devote your life to it…
相信一件事情并去做
Believing in something, doing something.
认为你的生命因之而有意义
To think your life has meaning.
我喜欢这样
I like that.
无论发生什么 都要坚持下去
Sticking to it whatever happens.
这样你对别人来说是很重要的
I think you should be of importance to others.
你相信吗?
Do you believe that?
我知道这听起来很幼稚 但我相信这个
好大的雨!
What a downpour!
是的 他结婚了
Yes, he was married.
我们曾经恋爱了五年
We had an affair for five years.
这么长的时间 他自然厌倦了
Then he got tired, of course.
我是如此的爱他 他是我的初恋
I was so in love, and he was the first.
这就像是一种旷日持久的痛苦…
It was like a prolonged pain…
长♥期♥的隐痛 以及短期的…
…long periods of pain and short moments of…
我想起这些都是因为你教我吸烟的缘故
I started thinking about it all because you’ve taught me to smoke.
他抽烟抽得很凶
He smoked a lot.
后来想想 这当然是很陈腐的 就像低俗小说一样
In hindsight, it’s banal, of course. Sort of like pulp fiction.
听起来很怪 但我觉得那一切都像是虚幻的
In a strange way, it was never real.
我不知道该怎么形容
I don’t know how to describe it.
对他来讲我从来都是虚幻的
I was never real to him.
但可以肯定的是 我的痛苦是真实的
But my pain was real, that’s for sure.
在某种意义上说 那是它的一部分 在某个令人恶心的方面来看
In some way, that was a part of it, in some nauseating way,
就好像 它生来就应该是这样的
as if it should be like that.
甚至我们对彼此所说的一切
Even the things we said to each other.
人们说我是一个很好的倾听者
People tell me that I’m a good listener.
很好笑是吧?
Isn’t that strange?
从没有人倾听过我说话 像你这样
Nobody ever bothered to listen to me. Not the way you do now.
你倾听
You listen.
我想你是第一个听我说话的人
I think you’re the first person to listen to me.
一定很无趣 你可以看你的书
It can’t be interesting. You could read a book instead.
看着我 聊天 我希望这不会激怒你
Look at me, talking. I hope it doesn’t irritate you.
聊天的感觉真好 是如此温暖和美妙
It feels so good to talk. It feels warm and nice.
以前从没有过这种感觉
I’ve never been in a mood like this before.
我一直都想有个姐妹 我只有哥哥
I’ve always wanted a sister. I only have brothers.
七个 很奇怪 是不是?然后我就出生了
Seven of them. Strange, eh? And then I turned up.
打从记事时起 就记得身边全是男孩
Boys have surrounded me all my life, as long as I can remember.
但我喜欢男孩
But I like boys.
但作为一个演员我想你一定了解
But you would know that with your experience as an actress.
我那么喜欢卡尔·亨里克 但是…
I like Karl-Henrik so much, but…
你或许只会爱一次
You probably only love once.
我对他那么忠诚
I’m faithful to him.
当然因为我的职业 我也没有不忠的机会
There are opportunities in my profession, you know.
卡尔·亨里克和我曾在海边租了一个小别♥墅♥
Karl-Henrik and I had rented a cottage by the sea once.
那是六月份 就我们两个
It was in June, and we were all alone.
有一天卡尔·亨里克去镇上了
One day Karl-Henrik had gone into town.
我一个人去了海滩
I went to the beach on my own.
那天天气晴朗暖和
It was a warm and nice day.
有个女孩躺在那儿
There was another girl there.
她从另一个岛来
She had come from another island
喜欢我们这海滩的光线充足和隐蔽
because our beach was sunnier and more secluded.
我们全♥裸♥着躺在那晒日光浴…
We lay there completely naked and sunbathed…
涂防晒霜 休憩
…dozing off and on, putting sunscreen on.
我们戴着廉价的草帽
We had silly straw hats on.
我的草帽上缠着一条蓝色的丝巾
Mine had a blue ribbon.
我躺在那里…
I lay there…
看着周围的环境 享受大海和阳光
Iooking out at the landscape, at the sea and the sun.
确实很有趣
It was kind of funny.
突然我看到上面岩石上有两个身影
Suddenly I saw two figures on the rocks above us.