然后我们从航母上起飞
and we’ll launch from the carrier there.
以前曾经这么干过吗?
Has that been done before?
陆军轰炸机从海军航母上起飞?
Taking Army bombers off Navy carriers?
没有
No.
好吧
OK.
还有问题吗?
Any other questions?
嗯 长官 B25 能在航母甲板上降落吗?
Well, sir, is it even possible to land a B25 on an aircraft carrier deck?
不存在这个问题
That won’t matter.
我们起飞后 航母马上返航回夏威夷
As soon as we’re airborne, the carrier heads for Hawaii.
没有航母 那我们在哪儿降落?
But without them, where do we land?
我要你们都学会用中文说一句话
I have a phrase I want you to memorize.
我是一个美国人
Wo shi yi ge mei guo ren.
意思是”我是一个美国人”
It means ‘I am an American’.
用中国话说
In Chinese.
这可不简单 甲板比我们训练的起飞距离
ain’t gonna be any easier.
还短三英尺
That’s three feet shorter than our practice runway.
两位
Fellas?
长官
Sir.
这是海军部长给的
Secretary of the Navy gave me these.
什么东西?
What are they?
日本人送的友谊勋章
Friendship medals the Japanese gave
那时候他们还在大谈和平
us when they were pretending to want peace.
我们拿它有什么用?
What’ll you do with them?
系在炸♥弹♥上还给他们
Wire them to the bombs and give them back.
还有什么事?
So what’s going on?
长官 我们只有十六架轰炸机
Well, sir, we only have sixteen planes.
那又怎样?
So?
如果日本人反击 他们能够出动三百多架
When the Japs hit us, they had more than 300.
力量对比太悬殊
How much difference can we make?
我们并不是害怕 我们可能会死
It’s not that we’re afraid, sir. But we might die,
但我们想知道这是为什么
and we want to know what it’s for.
在珍珠港 他们疯狂地袭击了我们
You know, at Pearl, they hit us with a sledgehammer.
这次空袭 即使成功
This raid, even if we make it through…
也微不足道
it’ll only be a pinprick…
但我们这是在直接打击他们的心脏
but it’ll be straight through their hearts.
胜利属于那些信念坚定
Victory belongs to those that believe in it the most…
永不动摇的人们
and believe in it the longest.
我们坚信胜利 我们也要让美国人♥民♥坚信胜利
We’re gonna believe. We’re gonna make America believe, too.
上校 请来一下
Colonel? I need a minute.
对不起 杰克森少校
Excuse me, Major Jackson?
是
Yes?
你还记得我吗?
Do you remember me?
当然记得 我还没感谢你呢
Oh, sure I do. I’m sorry. I’ve been meaning to thank you.
你的机会来了
Well, maybe you can.
我想去指挥所听听
When the news comes in about the Doolittle boys
杜立特部下发回的消息
I want to be in the command post.
抱歉 我不知道你在说什么
I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
你怎么知道这项任务?
How the hell do you know about this mission?
算是不慎泄漏吧
Let’s call it an inadvertent disclosure.
是某个和你约会的飞行员说的?
Some flyboy you’re dating shot his mouth off.
实际上 是两名飞行员
Actually, it’s about two pilots.
我知道他们面对巨大的危险
I know they’re going into great danger.
我只想在那儿亲耳听到
I just want to be there
他们生还或是牺牲的消息
when the news tells us if they’ve lived or died.
要是其他军官早就把你扔进监狱了
Most officers would have thrown you in the brig.
要是别的护士早就顾不上你
Most nurses wouldn’t keep their fingers plugged
没时间用手按住你流血的动脉
in your artery.
我不能保证什么
I can’t promise you anything.
嘿 雷德
Hey, Red,
你以为他们选中我们是因为我们年轻 好说话吗?
you think they pickedus to do this bcause we’re young and dumb?
拜托 古斯 因为我们是精英
Come on, Gooz, we’re the tip of the sword.
(为了贝蒂)
为了我们的日本之行 我搞到一些胜利雪茄
In honor of our trip to Japan… I got us some victory cigars!
拿去吧 放在靠近心脏的步袋里
There you go. Put that in your inside pocket, next to your heart.
知道吗 杰克 这一仗可能会失败
You know, Jack, we may lose this battle…
但我们一定能赢得这场战争
but we’re gonna win this war.
你明白我的意思吗?
You know how I know?
不知道
No.
他们 因为他们的杰出贡献
Them. bcause they’re rare.
因为他们在这种关键时刻 自愿挺身而出
And at times like these, you see them… stepping forward.
自愿者的意志无坚不摧 杰克
There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer, Jack.
我在作战部的朋友不想让我指挥这次空袭
My friends in the war department don’t want me to lead this raid…
他们说我太宝贵了
because they say I’m too valuable.
他们不希望我跟我挑选的
They don’t want me up in the air flying with the men
飞行员一起出任务
that I’ve chosen…
可他们是我挑选的 是我训练和逼出来的
that I’ve chewed out, cussed out, pushed to the limit…
我很尊重这些飞行员
and that I’ve come to respect.
他们想让我在甲板上发号♥施令
They want me to stand on the flightdeck and wave you off.
但我不想那样做
Well, I don’t see it that way.
我要跟你们一起去
So I’m going with you.
我们明天下午起飞 轰炸完毕后去中国
We take off tomorrow afternoon… drop our fire, and head for China.
我们的任务是轰炸他们的军事目标 飞机工厂和坦克工厂
Our mission is to hit military targets… aircraft and tank factories.
上校 你说我们有返航引导信♥号♥♥
Colonel, you’ve given us homing beacons…
但你又说 中国到处是日本军队
but you said China is overrun with Japanese troops.
如果信♥号♥♥中断 怎么办?
What if the beacons are switched off?
那就紧急迫降并尽量避免被日本人抓住
Bring her down any way you can…and do your best to avoid capture.
如果必须在日本人的上空跳伞 我们该怎么办?
What if we have to bail out over Japan?
这种情况 我无可奉告
Well, in that situation, I can’t tell you what to do.
你会怎么做 上校?
What would you do, Colonel?
我天生不会做俘虏
I wasn’t built to be a prisoner…
所以我会先让机组跳伞
so I would have my crew bail out.
然后选择一个重要的军事目标驾机
I’d find the sweetest military target
与敌人同归于尽
I could and drive my plane right smack into the middle of it
但这仅限于我
But that’s just me.
我是四十五岁的老家伙
I’m fortyfive years old. I’m an old man.
而你们还有很长的路要走
You guys have your whole lives ahead of you…
一切由你们自己决定
so what you do is up to you.
再有几个小时就要开始行动了
The mission will launch in a couple of hours.
一九四二年四月十八日
你就待在这
You’ll stay right in here.
这 待在这儿
Here. Stay here.
别和她们说话 她们也没空理你的
Don’t talk to them. They won’t talk to you.
假装打我们发给你的信息 就这样
Pretend to type the information we pass you. That’s it.
这儿是东京广播电台 孤儿安妮开始播音
This is Orphan Annie from Radio Tokyo.
南太平洋上孤独的小伙子们
To all the lonely boys in the South Pacific…
小心 敌人会找上你
watch out… the enemy will get you.
也许她说的对
Maybe she’s right.
日本人在发报!
Japs transmitting!
舰长 雷达发现距离四百码处有日本巡逻艇
Captain, radar reports Japanese patrol boats. Range 400 yards.
多远? 四百码 正在靠近 长官
How many yards? 400 yards and closing, sir.
理查兹 快 日军逼近 快走
Richards, Japs! 400 yards! Let’s go!
哈尔西将军命令巡洋舰开火
Admiral Halsey’s ordering the cruisers to open fire!
日本巡逻艇可能会报告我们的位置
We gotta sink these Jap boats before they give us away.
全体人员就位
Go to general quarters!
快 快
Go, go, go, go!
我的天
Oh, my God.
情况不妙
This can’t be good!
日本人距离一海里 正在报告我们的位置
Japs one mile away. They reported our position.
预定起飞点在四百海里处 现在还有多远
Supposed to launch 400 miles away. How far are we now?
还有六百二十四海里
624 miles.
老天!你要怎么办?
Jesus! What do you want to do?
我不知道 上校
I don’t know, Colonel,
我不知道我们的燃料能否飞到中国
I don’t know if the planes can carry enough fuel to make it to China.
我们现在起飞
Now. We launch now!
陆军飞行员 立即就位!
Army pilots! Man your planes! Man your planes!
他们已经开火了!
They’re shooting at something.
这不是演习 快走!
Let’s go! It ain’t a drill!
上校!距离太远飞机飞不过去!
Colonel! We’re too far out to make it!
他们需要加更多的油 但油多了飞机又太重 起飞有困难
They need more fuel, but they can’t get too heavy!
听着!卸下所有能卸的东西!马上去办!
Listen! Strip everything out of this plane you don’t need now!
我要做飞行前检查!快!
Start preflight! Let’s go!