Yes… .
好啊 那个计划看来不错 乔治
Well it looks like an interesting plan George.
各位 祝征服西西里
Well, gentlemen, to the conquest of Sicily.
好 祝征服西西里
Well, to the conquest of Sicily.
祝征服西西里
To Sicily!
我说 乔治 你可能会是拿破仑的优秀元帅
You know, George, you’d have made a great marshal for Napoleon…
如果你活在18世纪的话
…if you’d lived in the 18th century.
啊 我以前就是 哈罗德爵士 我以前就是
Oh, but I did, sir Harold. I did.
阿尔及尔 盟军总部
早安 史密斯将军在吗
Morning. Is General Smith in?
-他大概在洗手间 长官 -谢谢你
– I believe he’s in the lavatory, sir. – Thank you.
-啊 原来你在这儿 毕托 -蒙蒂
– Ah, there you are, Bedell. – Monty.
毕托 我仔细考虑过西西里作战计划
Bedell, I’ve been giving a good bit of thought to the Sicily operation.
怎么样
Yes?
我想这里没别人吧
I, uh, I assume we’re alone.
你听说乔治·巴顿已经与亚历山大讨论过他的计划了吧
You know Georgie Patton’s already discussed his plan with Alexander.
我听说了
I realize that, …
但是我觉得他的计划会导致绝对的灾难
…but I have an idea that his plan may lead to an absolute disaster.

Oh?
毕托 你看
Bedell, look.
这个是西西里
This is Sicily.
那么 依照巴顿的计划
Now then, according to Patton’s plan, …
我进攻锡拉库扎 这里
…I would attack Syracuse here, …
他进攻巴勒莫 到这里
…and he would attack Palermo up here.
现在 我们的兵力明显会被分散了
Now, obviously our forces would be divided.
同样明显的是 我们可能被各个击破
And just obviously, they could be chopped up piecemeal.
现在 我建议 而且我也坚持 我是说
Now, then, what I propose, and what I shall insist on, by the way…
这里
…is this.
我依计划在锡拉库扎登陆
I will land at Syracuse as planned.
但是美军 美军在这里 在基拉♥登♥陆
But the Americans, the Americans will land here, at Gela.
我向北推进前往墨西拿 美军掩护我的左侧
I will advance north to Messina, the Americans protecting my flank.
毕竟 墨西拿是关键
After all, Messina is the key.
它是进攻西西里的原因
It’s the reason for invading Sicily.
我会与艾克讨论你的计划
I’ll discuss your plan with Ike.
我相信他一定会认真考虑的
I’m sure he’ll give it serious consideration.
-真有趣 不是吗 -什么
– Amusing, isn’t it? – What?
进攻西西里的最终计划
That the final plans for the invasion of Sicily…
竟然是在阿尔及利亚的洗手间里提出来的
…should have been put forward in an Algerian lavatory.
乔治 恐怕我有关于你的西西里计划的一个坏消息
George, I’ve bad news for you about your Sicily plan of afraid.
艾克否决了它
Ike has turned it down.
他认为
He feels
因为这是意大利人首次保卫自己国土
that since the Italians will be defending their native soil for the first time…
并且德军抵抗正在增强
…and since the German resistance is stiffening,
所以我们不应分散兵力
our force shouldn’t be divided.
-那么 啊 我的部队在哪里登陆 -在基拉海湾
– Well, ah, where do my people land, then? – In the Gulf of Gela.
为什么 那里只有海滩
What for? There’s nothing there but a beach.
是的 但 那能使你进入有利位置支援蒙哥马利
Yes, but … it puts you in a good position to support Montgomery.
那么 蒙哥马利在哪里登陆
And, uh, where does Montgomery land?
是的 他在锡拉库扎登陆 并且向北进往卡塔尼亚
Well, he’ll land in Syracuse and drive north to Catania,
或许甚至到墨西拿
possibly even Messina.
你将在旁并进 保护他的左侧
And you’ll be alongside, protecting his left.
我明白了
I see.
换句话说 我们再度挑起重担
In other words, we get the burden again
然而让老蒙蒂唾手得到荣耀
while good old Monty gets the glory.
艾克必须考虑各方面的意见
Ike had to consider all points of view.
他不是以美国人 而是以盟友的身份作出决定的
He made his decision not as an American, but as an Ally.
如果是反过来 我确信蒙蒂一定会抗♥议♥
Had it been the other way around, I assure you, Monty would protest.
你知道 我
You know, I, …
我已 从军已经三十年了
…I’ve … been in the Army 30 years.
当我接到命令时 我总是说
When I get an order, I say,
“遵命 长官”而且尽力执行它
“Yes, sir. ” And I do my damnedest to carry it out.
不过
But, …
这种事情的发生 就是当你的指挥官不再是美国人而开始
this is what happens when your commander stops being an American and starts …
是盟友时
…being an Ally.
这就是悍匪巴顿 带着他的第七军团在基拉♥登♥陆
Here’s the gangster Patton, landing at Gela with his Seventh Army.
这部影片是登陆后缴获的
This film was captured after the landing.
我不知道他有这么高
I didn’t realize he was so tall.
六英尺以上
Over six feet.
他不断地发号♥施令
He’s constantly giving personal commands.
显然 他们在西西里有两个唱主角的 蒙哥马利和巴顿
Obviously they now have two prima donnas in Sicily, Montgomery and Patton!
还有一个三星级将军是谁
There’s another three- star general.
布拉德利将军 美军第二军团的军长
General Bradley … , commander of the American II Corps.
他看起来像个普通士兵
He looks like a common soldier.
他非常富有能力 但却很低调
He is most capable, yet unpretentious.
是一个不寻常的将军
Unusual for a general.
对不起
Sorry!
我想我是没说清楚 长官
I don’t think I’ve made myself clear, sir.
蒙哥马利确实在卡塔尼亚那里
It’s true, Montgomery met the toughest resistance of
遇到本战役最坚强的抵抗
this campaign there at Catania.
但是 如果我们要求
However, if we’re…
十分明显
Perfectly clear.
老蒙蒂会像被粘住的苍蝇
Old Monty is as stuck as a bug on flypaper.
是的 长官 但这是亚历山大将军的命令
Yes, sir. But this order from General Alexander…
命令你让出博西斯道路交给蒙哥马利
…directing you to give up the Vizzini- Caltagirone road to General Montgomery.
那么 老布拉德利就必须爬行 请你注意是爬行
Well, then, old Bradley will have to slug, slug, mind you, …
穿过本岛中部的困难山路 不是吗
…his way up center of the island over those tough mountain roads, won’t he?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
墨西拿 比尔
Messina, Bell.
墨西拿
Messina! …
它是这次作战的核心
…That’s the heart of it.
如果他们照我的计划 我现在已经到那里了
If they’d followed my plan, I’d be there by now.
我会切断岛上每一条德军与意军的退路
I’d cut off the retreat of every goddamn German on this island!
现在 你知道我要作什么
Now, you know what I’m gonna do?
首先 我要去巴勒莫
First, I’m go to Palermo.
然后 我拼了命也要比
Then, I’m still beat that limey son
英国佬先进入墨西拿
of a bitch at Messina if it’s the last thing I ever do!
嗨 有人说要第二军让出博西斯道路是怎么回事
Hey, what’s all this talk about taking the Vizzini road away from 2nd Corps?
亚历山大将军的命令把道路让给蒙哥马利
General Alexander’s orders. The road goes to Montgomery.
不 那条路是指定给我用的
No, that road was assigned to me.
嗯 我没有它怎么向北推进 你知道北面的地形
Well, How can I get north without that? You know the terrain there.
抱歉 布拉德 但是蒙蒂碰上顽强的抵抗
Sorry, Brad. But Monty’s run into tough opposition,
很顽强的抵抗
very tough.
现在 你不会利用这个形势吧 你会吗 乔治
Now, You wouldn’t be taking advantage of this situation, would you, George?
我不懂你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
现在没那条路 你的整个军团
Now, without that road, your whole army,
除我的第二军外 全都无事可做
except for my 2nd Corps, would be out of a job.
如果你想的话 可以自行前往巴勒莫
Free for you to go into Palermo, if you thought that.
谁说过什么巴勒莫
Who said anything about Palermo?
我看得懂地图
I can read a map.
亚历山大知道你推进到这么远了吗
Does Alexander know you’ve pushed out this far?
那是军力威慑侦察
That’s a reconnaissance in force.
乔治
George, …
你是不是想说
…are you tell me,
我必须在山区冒着强烈抵抗缓缓前进
I’ve got to slug it out over those mountains with heavy resistance, …
仅仅是为了让你比蒙蒂更出风头
…just so you can make a bigger splash than Monty?
将军
General, …
我只是遵守命令
…I just follow my orders, …
我只不过是一个单纯的老兵
…like the simple old soldier I am.
布拉德利将军
General Bradley.
长官 亚历山大将军听说了我们向西推进
Sir, General Alexander has heard we’re moving west.
他说”立即停止 不得超越阿格利真托
He says here, “Stop immediately, go no farther than Agrigento.
复述 立即停止”
Repeat, stop immediately. ”
那只是你的理解
That’s what you think it says.
但我认为通信有干扰
I think it was garbled in transmission.
请他们再发一遍 但你别急着去办
Ask them to re- transmit the message. It takes tiems off a lot of.
那至少要花半天时间
That’ll take half a day at least.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
那么 布拉德
Well, Brad, …
我们谈到哪了
…where were we?
我们谈到一位单纯的
We were talking about a simple…
老兵
…old soldier.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!