现在我要这样做了
Now I’m going to do it.
看
Look.
至少是营级兵力
Battalion strength at least.
他们还没发现我们的阵地 将军
They haven’t spotted our positions yet, general.
在10秒钟后 他们就会上一课
They’ll get an education in about 10 seconds.
等待他们的是遭受炮火轰击
Wait till they get a dose of that artillery fire.
开始射击 自选目标
Commence firing. Fire at will.
开始射击 自选目标 开始射击 自选目标
Commence firing. Fire at will. Commence firing. Fire at will.
真是浪费了优秀的步兵
What a hell of a waste of fine infantry.
-用无线电联络布拉德利将军 -是 长官
– Get General Bradley on the radio. – Yes, sir.
长官 我联络不到他
Sir, I can’t raise him.
去他那边 迪克 告诉他猛攻敌军右侧
Get voer there Dick. Tell them to hit them on their right flank.
我们在这里牵制住敌人
We’ll hold them by the nose…
我们前后夹击敌军 快去
…and kick them in the ass. Go on!
把他放进我车子里
Put him in my car.
隆美尔
Rommel…
你这个高贵的大混♥蛋♥ 我读过你的书
…you magnificent bastard. I read your book!
理查德·简森上尉是名优秀青年
Captain Richard N. Jenson was a fine boy, …
忠诚 无私而且有能力
…loyal, unselfish and efficient.
我极为哀伤
I am terribly sorry.
因为这里没有树木所以没有棺材
There are no coffins here since there is no wood.
我们有鼓手与仪仗队
We will have a trumpeter and an honor guard, …
但不鸣枪致敬
…but we will not fire the volleys,
因为那会让人们误以为有空袭
as it would make people think an air raid was on.
我在给迪克母亲的信里装了一束他的头发
I enclosed a lock of Dick’s hair in a letter to his mother.
他生前是个好小伙 也是名好军官
He was a fine man and a fine officer, …
而且他没有劣迹
…and he had no vices.
我会非常想念他
I shall miss him a lot.
我不明白 这样优秀的青年 为什么会死
I can’t see the reason such fine young men get killed.
今后还有很多仗要打
There are so many battles yet to fight.
英军与美军在突尼斯会师
疲惫但是获得胜利的美国大兵与英国
Battle- weary, but victorious, American Gls and…
英军第八军团的士兵胜利会师 欢聚
…Tommies of the British 8th Army meet in an Allied victory celebration…
于北非瓦地阿♥拉♥利特
…at Wadi Akarit in North Africa.
这是战争中美军与英军的首次会师
For the first time in this war,
这是百老汇和皮卡迪利大街的会师
Broadway and Piccadillyjoin hands!
蒙哥马利继续推进
同时 艾尔·阿♥拉♥曼的英雄蒙哥马利将军
Meanwhile, General Montgomery, hero of El- Alamein…
继续率领他久经沙场的英国第八军团胜利之师
…continues to lead his veteran and victorious British 8th Army…
不断追击著名的隆美尔非洲军团
…in a relentless drive against Rommel’s vaunted Africa corps.
很明显 北非很快就会丢失
It is obvious that North Africa will soon be lost.
我们现在必须预测敌军的下一步行动
We must now anticipate the enemy’s next move.
我在24小时内要拿到报告
I shall expect a staff report within 24 hours.
这是当务之急 谢谢各位
That will be all.Thanks everybady!
史泰格 你什么也没说
Steiger, you have said nothing.
没有人问我
I wasn’t asked anything.
我现在问你 你认为巴顿会进攻撒丁岛吗
I’m asking you now. You think Patton will attack Sardinia?
将军 他不会
Don’t sir.
为什么不会
And why not?
长官 巴顿 是军事史家
Patton, sir … is a military historian.
他知道意大利之钥 一向是西西里而非撒丁岛
He knows that Sicily, not Sardinia, has always been the key to Italy.
如果巴顿能作主 他会像雅典人一样进攻西西里的锡拉库扎
If Patton has his way he will attack Sicily at Syracuse, as the Athenians did.
史泰格 现在是20世纪
Steiger, this is the twentieth century!
但是长官 你必须了解 巴顿是一个16世纪的人
But you must understand, sir, Patton is a sixteenth- century man.
我可以念一个例子吗
May I read an example?
可以
Yes.
“1922年在纽约的一条黑暗小巷
“On a dark street in New York 1922,
系着白色领带身穿燕尾服的
wearing white tie and tails…
“巴顿看见三个男子推一位年轻女孩上卡车
“…Patton saw three men pushing a young girl into the back of a truck.
“他跳出他的车子 拔出左轮手♥枪♥
“He leaped out of his car, produced a revolver…
“逼那些男子释放那个女孩”
“…and forced the men at gunpoint to release the girl.”
原来那个女孩是其中一位的未婚妻
It turned out that the girl was the fiancée of one of the men.
他们只是帮助她上卡车
They were merely helping her into the truck.
还有什么比这更明显的
What could be more revealing?
我不懂你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
唐吉诃德迎战六个商人而拯救杜尔西内亚
Don Quixote encounters six merchants of Toledo and saves Dulcinea’s virtue!
杜尔西内亚是谁
Who the devil is Dulcinea?
你看不出来吗 长官
Don’t you see, sir?
巴顿是迷失在现代的浪漫战士
Patton is a romantic warrior lost in contemporary times.
巴顿的秘密是生活在过去
The secret of Patton is the past.
他会力主进攻西西里的因为那是雅典人做过的事
He’ll urge an attack on Sicily because that’s what the Athenians did!
阿尔及利亚 莫斯塔加纳姆
布拉德利将军率领第二军团进展良好
General Bradley’s done a tremendous job with 2nd Corps.
他已进入比塞大 而且俘获41 000人
He’s moved into Bizerte and taken over 41,000 prisoners.
好 很好
Good. Very good.
你不会感到意外 是吗 将军
You’re not surprised, are you, general?
毕竟那是你训练出来的部队
After all, you trained that outfit.
-打扰了 将军 -嗯
– Uh, Excuse me, general. – Hmm?
将军 这很有意思 我们发现隆美尔没在艾古塔现身
Sir, this is interesting. We’ve discovered Rommel wasn’t present at El Guettar.
-谁说的 -长官 参谋部说的
– Who says so? – G2, sir.
难道他们是想告诉我
Are they telling me that
当我们与第十装甲师交战时隆美尔在柏林治疗耳朵
when we took 10th Panzer, Rommel was in Berlin with an earache?
是严重的鼻炎 长官
Severe nasal diphtheria, sir.
还有 参谋部还报告说希♥特♥勒♥把隆美尔留在了柏林
G2 Also reports that Hitler probably retained Rommel in Berlin…
是因为非洲军团战况不利
…because things were going badly for the Africa Corps.
他不愿意让他的爱将丢脸
He didn’t want his favorite general to lose face.
啊 我是我自己的爱将 我可不喜欢有人告诉我
Well, I’m my favorite general, and I don’t like to be told…
与我对抗的是二流人物 那样我会丢脸的
…that some second- stringer is up against me. Then I lose face.
你又是什么人 哪来的
Who the hell are you, anyway?
将军 这是考德曼中校 你的新副官
General, this is Lieutenant Colonel Codman. Your new aide.
对了 考德曼 我选中你 是因为我认识你家人
Well, Codman. I pulled your name off the list because I know your family.
我很高兴你选中我 长官
I’m glad you did, sir.
考德曼 隆美尔是德军最优秀的将领
Codman Rommel is the best the krauts have
而且我狠狠地修理了他
and I kicked the hell out of him.
我的参谋部却告诉我 他根本不在场
Now my own G2 section is trying to tell me he wasn’t even there.
但是将军 他无疑策划了德军的作战
But, general, he undoubtedly planned the German battle.
如果你击败了隆美尔的计划
If you defeat Rommel’s plan,
也就是击败了隆美尔 不是那样吗 长官
you’ve defeated Rommel. Isn’t that true, Sir?
考德曼
Codman, …
-我邀你今晚喝一杯 -是 长官
– Want you have a drink with me this night. – Yes, sir.
我有一套进攻西西里的计划
I have a plan for the invasion of Sicily.
我想确保它获得批准 你可以帮助我
I want to make sure I get it approved. You can help me.
我想邀亚历山大将军共进晚宴
I want to give a dinner for General Alexander.
抢在蒙哥马利前说服他
Get to him before Montgomery does.
考德曼 这可是完全正式的宴会
This will be strictly a formal affair, Codman,
但 又是 纯社交性的
but, uh, purely social.
-我是说 啊 纯政♥治♥性的 -是的 长官
– By that I mean, um, purely political. – Yes, sir.
我要尽可能最好的食物和最好的酒 事事都要正确
I want the finest food, the best wine available. Everything, comme il faut.
我了解 将军
Entendu, mon General.
要很特别的东西 你要吩咐下去
Quelque chose de vraiment special.
将军想邀请谁
iA va sans dire.
亚历山大元帅与他的参谋长 或许还有泰勒
Le Marechal Alexander et son Chef D’etat- major, peut- etre Taylor.
不要太多 但当然要最亲近的 行吗
Pas trop de monde,plutot intime, d’accord?
行 将军
D’accord, mon General.
喔 谢谢你
Oh, Thank you.
乔治 这真是佳酿好酒
George, this is really splendid wine.
谢谢你 亚瑟
Thank you, Arthur.
谢谢你
Thank you.
哈罗德爵士 我记得阿尔喀德斯在的伯罗奔尼撒战争中
Sir Harold, I think it was Alcibiades in the Peloponnesian War…
公元前415年
…415 B.C., …
他说 “若锡拉库扎失陷
…he said, “If Syracuse falls,
整个西西里就会失陷 然后是意大利”
all Sicily falls, and then ltaly.”
他知道 大家清楚 锡拉库扎是整个西西里的要害
He knew, you see, that Syracuse was the jugular of the island.
古老的阿尔喀德斯每次都攻其要害
And old Alcibiades always went for the throat.
我建议以同样方式攻取西西里
I propose to take Sicily in the same way.
-情况如何 -我认为老头子已经得手了
– How’s it going? – The old man has them in his pocket.
依照我的计划
Now, according to my plan, …
蒙哥马利将军在这里登陆
…General Montgomery will land here.
我在这里登陆 攻下巴勒莫
I’ll hit the beaches here, take Palermo.
蒙蒂沿海岸道路北上 我向正东推进
Monty will drive north along the coast road, I’ll come due east, …
攻下墨西拿 切断德军退路
…take Messina, and cut off the German escape route.
好