You don’t believe me do you Brad?
正如诗人说的
You know what the poet said.
“历经世世代代
“Through the travail of ages…
在战争的悲壮与罗网之中
amidst the pomp and toils of war, …
我战斗 奋争与殒灭
have I fought and strove and perished, …
无数次在星空下
countless times upon the star.
似乎像透过望远镜和黑暗
As if through a glass and darkly, …
我看见了古老的纷争
the age- old strife I see, …
在那里 我曾经以许多不同的身份与姓名战斗
where I fought in many guises Many names…
但我保持我的本色”
but always me. ”
你知道那个诗人是谁吗
You know who the poet was?
我
Me.
德国非洲军团指挥官
欧文·隆美尔元帅
将军 在美军战俘的审讯报告中
Sir, the interrogation reports on the American prisoners…
我军在卡塞林战胜俘获的
…captured in our victory at Kasserine.
这些美军不是合格的军人
They are not very good soldiers, these Americans.
我不会这么说
I’m not so sure…
才交战了一次
…after only one battle.
是他们的坦克敌不过我们的大炮
Their tanks were no match for our guns.
他们的指挥也不行 将军
And neither was their leadership, sir.
在卡塞林他们不是由美军将领指挥的
At Kasserine they were not under American command.
他们是有英国的安德森将军指挥的
They were under the British General Anderson.
英国将领指挥美国部队 这是最糟糕的组合
British commanders and American troops, the worst of everything!
我要提醒你 蒙哥马利是英国将领
I remind you that Montgomery is a British Commander.
而他吧我们赶出了半个非洲
And he has driven us half way across Africa.
不论如何 我们初次迎战美军而且击败他们
Anyway, we have met the Americans for the first time and defeated them.
我感到乐观
I’m optimistic.
你可以做乐观者 可我不行
You can afford to be an optimist, I can’t.
我们在这里有机会发起攻势
There’s an opportunity here now, for us to mount an offensive.
我们专注于袭扰敌军侧面
We’ve concentrated on harassing the enemy’s flank,
吸引他的力量离开英军
draw strength away from the British.
不过 现在 借过
However, It appears now, excuse me, …
我们似乎可以分割非洲军团
that we could split the African Corps, …
而且穿越隆美尔抵达海岸
and drive through Rommel to the sea.
抱歉 麦尔 那个地区是保留给
Sorry. Mel but that territory has been reserved…
蒙哥马利将军的
for General Sir Bernard Law Montgomery.
不论他要耗上多久 我们都应该让他打赢这一仗
We’re supposed to let him win this win no matter how long it takes him.
他们应该有他们的英雄 毕竟
They’re entitled to have their hero. After all, …
蒙哥马利确实迫使隆美尔越过北非撤退
Montgomery did push Rommel clear across North Africa.
那美国人呢 难道他们 不需要他们的英雄吗
What about the Americans? Don’t they … need a hero too?
你心里有人选吗 乔治
You have anybody in mind George?
打扰了 长官 克宁汉姆空军中将与布福德将军来访
Excuse me, sir. Air Vice- Marshal Coningham is here with General Buford.
喔 抱歉 各位请回避一下
Uh, Excuse me, gentlemen, …
让我问问英国朋友我们的空中掩护是怎么回事
while I ask our British friends what’s happened to our air cover.
第一回合要开始了
Round one coming up.
哈里 布福德 你好吗
Harry. Buford. How are you?
你们来了 乔治 真高兴见到你 很好
– Here you are. – George, good to see you. – Good.
-啊 乔治 你认识亚瑟·克宁汉姆吗 -当然认识
– Uh, George, You know Arthur Coningham. – Sure.
幸会 将军
Delighted to see you, general.
久仰大名
I’ve heard so much about you.
喔 各位 啊
Uh, Gentlemen, uh,
这里似乎有一点误会
it appears there’s been some slight misunderstanding here, …
艾克认为我们现在应该进行沟通把事情弄清楚
…and Ike thought we ought to get it straightened it out.
不 不 不是误会
No, no. No misunderstanding.
我们应该获得盟军的空中掩护 但我们没有得到
We’re supposed to have Allied air cover, and we don’t get it.
德军飞机不断扫射我军
German planes are strafing my troops.
请容我说一句 将军 你的作战报告可能不准确
If I may say so, general, I’m afraid your operation reports are inaccurate.
报告 德军三天前
Report? Three days ago,
紧追我的指挥车把我赶进沟里
the Krauts took off after my command car ran my ass into a ditch.
我的参谋保证我们拥有完全的制空权
My staff has assured me we have complete air supremacy, …
在地中海各处都有
…everywhere in the Mediterranean.
当我抱怨缺乏空中掩护时
When I complained about lack of air cover, …
你说我军缺乏战斗力
…you said our troops were not battle- worthy.
你提到了 啊”无公信力地利用空军作为
You spoke of the, uh, discredited practice of using air force as…
地面战斗不成功的借口”
…an alibi for lack of success on the ground.
我当蒙哥马利的奶妈已经够糟了 我可不想再吃这一套
It’s bad enough I have to wet- nurse Montgomery, I don’t have to stand for that.
我为那种说法诚恳道歉 不论是谁说的
I sincerely apologize for that remark, whoever made it.
并且我向你承诺一件事 将军
And I promise you one thing, general.
你不会再看到德军飞机了
You will see no more German planes.
你们刚才还在谈论 什么 制空权 亚瑟爵士
You were discussing, uh, air supremacy, Sir Arthur.
该死的门打不开
Damn door won’t open!
老天 老天 我受够了
By God, By God, that’s enough!
把那玩艺儿开走
Get that thing out of here!
来啊 混♥蛋♥ 对准我的鼻子打
Come on, you bastards! Take a shot at me, right in the nose!
回来 乔治 我们需要指挥官 不是伤员
Get back in here, George! We need a corps commander, not a casualty.
你怎么会想到用手♥枪♥去打飞机
How the devil did you manage to stage that?
我不知道
I don’t know, …
不过要是我见到这次空袭的纳粹飞行员
…but if I could find the Nazis sons of bitches flying those things, …
我会给他们每个人都颁发勋章的
…I’d give them each a medal.
我受不了沙漠这么冷
Can’t get over how cold it gets in the desert.
冷得可怕 长官
Awfully cold, sir.
隆美尔在某个地方等着我呢
Rommel’s out there somewhere waiting for me.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
你知道
You know…
如果我能作主 我会送给那个混♥蛋♥天才
…if I had my way, I’d send that genius son of a bitch…
一首雕刻好的邀请诗
…an engraved invitation in iambic pentameter.
用二组十四行诗 邀请他到沙漠来我决斗
A challenge in two stanzas to meet me alone in the desert.
我愿意去送战书
I’ll deliver it.
隆美尔开他的坦克 我开我的
Rommel in his tank and me in mine.
我们大约在20步距离停车 出来握手
We’d stop about 20 paces. We’d get out and shake hands.
然后我们关起舱盖作战 就只有我们两个
Then we’d button up and do battle, just the two of us.
那场战斗将决定战争的胜负
That battle would decide the outcome of the war.
可惜 现在已经不流行决斗了
It’s too bad jousting’s gone out of style.
就像你的诗 将军
It’s like your poetry, general.
它不属于20世纪
It isn’t part of the 20th century.
你说的对 迪克
Maybe you’re right, Dick.
世界长大了
The world grew up.
真可惜
Hell of a shame.
迪克 我要这里设置24小时警卫
Dick, I want a 24- hour guard put around this area.
不然 可恶的阿♥拉♥伯人会挖出死人剥光衣服
If we don’t, the damn Arabs will dig them up just to get their clothes.
遵命 将军
Yes, sir.
我们的坟墓不应像其他在这里战斗过的人那样消失
Our graves aren’t gonna disappear like everybody else’s who fought here.
希腊人 罗马人 迦太基人
The Greeks, the Romans, the Carthaginians.
老天 我真恨20世纪
God, how I hate the 20th century.
柏林
希♥特♥勒♥的参谋长约德尔上将
史泰格上尉报到 将军
Captain Steiger reporting, General.
跟我来 史泰格
Come with me, Steiger.
隆美尔元帅 希望你感觉好点了
Field Marshal Rommel, I hope you are feeling better.
史泰格上尉奉命来研究巴顿
Captain Steiger has been assigned to research General Patton.
很好 你有什么要告诉我
Very well. What do you have for me?
巴顿将军出自军人世家
General Patton comes from a military family.
他祖父是美国内战的英雄
His grandfather was a hero of the American Civil War.
他曾在维吉尼亚军校与西点军校受训
He was educated at the Virginia Military Institute and West Point.
你没告诉我 关于他个性方面的事
You’re not telling me anything about the man.
他喜欢写诗 而且相信轮回
He writes poetry and believes in reincarnation.
他是美国陆军中最有钱的军官之一
He’s one of the richest officers in the American Army.
他虔诚祈祷 但满嘴脏话
He prays on his knees, but curses like a stable boy.
他有一道常设命令 “永远进攻 永不固守”
He has one standing order. “Always take the offensive, never dig in.”
15分钟后我们将晋见元首
In 15 minutes we meet with the Fuehrer.
他想知道 你计划怎么来对付巴顿的军队
He will want to know how you plan to deal with Patton’s forces.
我会进攻而且消灭他
I will attack and annihilate him!
在他先下手之前
Before he does the same to me.
《坦克攻击》隆美尔著
将军
General?
将军
General?
什么事
What is it?
长官 我们截听到德军通信
Sir, we intercepted a German radio message.
隆美尔的第十装甲师将在艾古塔进攻我们
Rommel’s 10th Panzer is going to hit us near El Guettar.
隆美尔 是吗
Rommel, huh?
我一生都
All my life…
都想要率领许多人决一死战
…I’ve wanted to lead a lot of men in a desperate battle.