Ah, you know my boy, Dick Jenson, Al Stiller.
是的
Yes.
布拉德 告诉我 啊
Brad, tell me, uh, …
你在这里做什么
What are you doing here?
艾森豪威尔将军要一份卡塞林战役的报告
Ike wanted a report on Kasserine business.
同时 我留在你的司令部里做观察员
Meanwhile, I’m staying here chair- headquarters of as an observer, …
但我直接向艾克报告
…but I report directly to Ike.
是个坐探
A spying.
给我接通艾森豪威尔将军司令部
Get me General Eisenhower’s headquarters.
告诉我 布拉德
Tell me, Brad, …
卡塞林战役出了什么事 我听说一塌糊涂
…what happened at Kasserine? I heard it was a shambles.
显然 似乎每件事都出了差错
Apparently, everything went wrong.
我们打出75毫米的炮弹 德军就回敬88毫米的
We’d send over a 75- millimeter shell, the krauts would return an 88.
他们用的是柴油机坦克
Their tanks are diesels.
即使打中它们 它们也能照样开 而我们的坦克
And even when we managed to hit them, they kept on running. Our tanks, …
士兵们称呼它们”勋章棺材”
the men call them “Purple Heart boxes. ”
只要一块高温弹片就能引起汽油爆♥炸♥
One hot piece of shrapnel and the gasoline explodes.
嗯 我警告过他们坦克的事
Hmm, I warned them about the tank.
你知道吗 我和一位士兵谈过半履带车
You know, I talked to one of the soldiers about the half- tracks.
我问机♥枪♥子弹 啊 是否能够打穿装甲
I asked if the, ah, machine- gun bullets pierced the armor.
他说 不 长官
And he said, “No, sir.
子弹打进去后 只是在车里撞来撞去
They bullets just come through one side and rattle around a bit. ”
我听说空中掩护也有问题
I understand we had a little trouble coordinating the air cover.
问题的是根本就没有空中掩护
The trouble was no air cover.
-史密斯将军接通了 长官 -请原谅 布拉德
– General Smith on the line, sir. – Excuse me, Brad.
比尔
Bedell?
喔 我打电♥话♥是想谈谈
Listen, I’m calling about,
啊 布拉德利和他在这里的工作问题
uh, Bradley and his job here.
啊 我需要一位副手
Look I need a good number- two man.
我想要布拉德利当我的副官 行吗
I want to make Brad my deputy commander, OK?
你能请示艾克批准吗
You clear it with Ike?
好的 谢谢你 比尔
All right, thanks, Bedell.
现在你不用再为艾森豪威尔当坐探了 你为我♥干♥活吧
Now you’re not spying for Eisenhower anymore, you’re working for me.
-好吗 -好的
– Okay? – Fine, okay.
迪克 你带那些星星了吗
Dick, you’ve got those stars?
-长官 带了 -让我们把它们戴上
– Yes, sir. – Let’s get them on.
布拉德 怎么了 是总统亲自提名的
What’s the matter, Brad? I’ve been nominated by the president.
我知道 但是 啊 要参议院通过才算正式
I know, but, uh, it doesn’t become official until it’s approved by the Senate.

Well, …
他们有他们的时间表 我有我的
…they have their schedule, and I have mine.
乔治
George, …
如果你被提名做土耳其海军上将
…if you were named admiral of the Turkish Navy…
我相信你的副官也能在他的背包中
…I believe your aides could dip into their haversacks…
找出合用的军阶徽章来
…and come up with the appropriate badge of rank.
总之 恭喜你 提前恭喜你
Anyway, congratulations. Premature congratulations.
你知道
You know, …
我认为那些星星配上绿衬衫上更好看
I think those stars look better on a green shirt.
我有没有告诉你 那回我设计了坦克兵的制♥服♥
Did I ever tell you about the time I designed a uniform for tank crewmen?
它是 啊 绿色皮衣配上红条纹
It was, uh, green leather, had red stripes, …
前面从上到下有一排铜扣子
…and had sort of a row of brass buttons down across here.
头上是金色的橄榄球头盔
And topped off by a gold football helmet.
当然 被陆军驳回了
The Army rejected it, of course.
妈的 它真的非常漂亮
Goddamn, it was beautiful.
劳易德·弗雷德里克要走了
Lloyd Fredendall is just leaving.
乔治 我在卡塞林战报里还提到一件事
George, there’s one other thing I put in my Kasserine report.
我们有些士兵被吓坏了
Some of our boys were just plain scared.
嗯 那是可以理解的
Well, that’s understandable.
即使是最好的猎狗 第一次听到枪声也会害怕
Even the best foxhound is gun- shy the first time out.
我还记得
I can remember, …
让我感到最害怕的是一想到
…any nothing frightened me as much as the idea of…
有一颗子弹直接射向我的鼻子 我不知道为什么 但是
…a bullet coming straight for my nose. I don’t know why, but the…
一想到有颗子弹向我的鼻子打来
…image of a bullet coming right for my nose…
就比什么都可怕
…was more horrible than any other possibility.
这也难怪 乔治 因为你的鼻子长得非常漂亮
But like, I can understand that, George, with such a handsome nose.
你知道这支部队为何惨败吗
You want to know why this outfit got the hell kicked out of it?
就连瞎子也能很快看出
A blind man could see it in a minute.
他们不像当兵的 也不是当兵的料
They don’t look like soldiers, they don’t act like soldiers.
又怎么能指望他们去打胜仗呢
Why should they be expected to fight like soldiers?
你说的对 他们纪律非常涣散
You’re absolutely right. The discipline’s pretty poor.
15分钟后 我们要让他们开始变得
In about 15 minutes, we’re going to start turning these boys…
像当兵的 纪律严明
…into fanatics, razors.
让他们见了德兵不再害怕
They’ll lose their fear of the Germans.
我只希望他们怕我
I only hope to God they never lose their fear of me.
您起得真早 将军 啊 要用早餐吗
Up bright and early, general? Uh, Breakfast?
是不是所有的军官都用过早餐了
Am I to understand that all my officers have finished breakfast?
喔 我们从6点到8点供应早餐
Uh, We’re open from 6 till 8.
大部分军官才刚来用早餐 长官
Most of the officers are just coming in, sir.
请通知这些军官 现在已经停止供应早餐了
Please inform these officers the mess hall is closed.
但是 长官 现在离8点还差一刻
But, sir, it’s only a quarter to 8.
从此以后 你们6点开始供应早餐
From now on, you will open at 6,
6点15之后就不准进入餐厅
and no one will be admitted after 6:15.
你的绑腿呢
Where are your leggings?
绑腿 喔 嗨 将军 长官 我是伙夫
Leggings? Well, hell, general, sir, I’m a cook.
你是军人
You’re a soldier.
罚款20美元
$20 fine.
先生们
Gentlemen, …
从此刻起 任何人
…from this moment any man…
没打绑腿 没戴钢盔或不系领带
…without leggings, without a helmet, without a tie, … .
穿着脏军鞋或者脏军服
any man with unshined shoes or soiled uniform, …
都会受到重罚
…is going to be skinned.
这里是军营 不是妓院
This is a barracks. It’s not a bordello.
-早上好 孩子 -早上好 长官
– Morning, boy. – Morning, sir.
啊 医官
Ah, Doctor.
早晨好 将军
Morning, sir.
我听说这里有两个 啊 自残的病例
I understand you have two cases of, uh, self- inflicted wounds.
是的 将军
Yes, sir, we do.
喔 把他们从这里赶出去
Uh, Get them out of here.
将军 不过其中一个严重发炎
Sir, one has developed a very serious infection.
我不管他的死活 把他赶到别的地方
I don’t care if he dies, just get him someplace but out of here.
他不配与在战斗中负伤的人呆在一起
He doesn’t belong in the same room with men wounded in battle.
-我会派人搬走他们 长官 -还有 啊
– I’ll see they’ld move, sir. – One more thing, uh.
我的部队今后不准有”战斗恐惧症”这是命令
There’ll be no “battle fatigue” in my command. That’s an order.
好的 长官
Yes, sir.
“战斗恐惧症”是混♥蛋♥懦夫混进医院的借口
“Battle fatigue” is a free ride, a yellow- belly’s sicket to the hospital.
我不会放任这种懦夫行为
I’m not going to subsidize cowardice.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
还有 医官 你的钢盔呢
Uh, Doctor…, where’s your helmet?
我在医院里不戴钢盔 将军
I don’t wear a helmet when I’m in the hospital, general.
开始戴上
Start.
我戴上钢盔就不能戴听诊器了
I can’t use my stethoscope when I’m wearing my helmet.
那么
Well, …
那就在钢盔打两个洞 好让你戴听诊器
…then cut two holes in your helmet so that you can.
把那些胆小鬼给赶出去 就在今天
And get those yellow- bellies out of here, today.
等等
Hold it.
向右转
Turn right, here.
长官 直走才是战场
Sir, the battlefield is straight ahead.
别争了 我已经闻到战场的气息了
Please don’t argue with me. I can smell a battlefield.
他昨天才去过 乔治
He was here just yesterday, George.
是那边 向右转 见鬼
It’s over there. Turn right, damn it.
就是这里
It was here.
过去的战场就在这里
The battlefield was here.
迦太基人守卫着他们的城市
The Carthaginians defending the city, …
他们遭到三个罗马军团的进攻
…were attacked by three Roman legions.
迦太基人英勇不屈 但坚守不住
The Carthaginians were proud and brave, but they couldn’t hold.
他们惨遭屠♥杀♥
They were massacred.
阿♥拉♥伯妇女
Arab women…
剥掉他们的军服 刀剑和长矛
…stripped them of their tunics and their swords and lances.
死者暴晒在阳光下
The soldiers lay naked in the sun, …
二千年前
…2000 years ago.
我也身在此地
I was here.
你不相信我 是吗 布拉德

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!