我正在开向德国的路上
I’m on my way to Germany.
等一等 乔治 北边的麻烦还很多
Wait a minute, George! There’s a lot of trouble up north.
啊 听我说
Uh, liston
我要你立即把第十装甲师转调给米德尔顿的第八军
I, I want you to transfer 10th Armored to Middleton’s 8th Corps right away.
啊 布拉德 你不能那样做
Uh, Brad, you can’t do that!
乔治 听着 我没有时间争论
George, ah, listen, I don’t have time to argue.
阿登附近有很多敌军活动
There’s a lot of enemy activity up around Ardennes.
不 我不知道有多严重 但是
No, I don’t know how serious it is, but…
艾克要我们明天在凡尔登与史密斯开会
…Ike wants us to meet with Bedell Smith tomorrow at Verdun.
11点到那里
Be there at 1100.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
右转到霍发里兹
我们绝没有理由假设
There’s absolutely no reason for us to assume…
德军会发动重大攻势
…that the Germans are mounting a major offensive.
天气恶劣 他们的补给不足
The weather is awful. Their supplies are low.
自从弗雷德里克大帝以后
The Germans army hasn’t mounted
德国♥军♥队就从未发动过冬季攻势
a winter attack since Frederick the Great.
因此我相信 那正是他们将要做的事
Therefore I believe that’s exactly what they’re going to do.
圣维特
不准停车
好了 我要各位开始制定突击计划
All right, I want you to start making contingency plans, …
撤出我们向东的进攻
…for pulling out of our eastward attack, …
调转90度 向北前往卢森堡
…changing directions 90 degrees, moving up to Luxembourg.
不用这么吃惊 各位
Don’t look so stunned, gentlemen.
我要各位拟定三条可能的进攻路线
I want you to plan for three possible axes of attack, …
从迪克西向正北
…from Diekirch, due north; …
从阿隆到巴斯通
…from Arlen to, ah, Bastogne; …
从纽弗堡攻向德军左侧
…from Neufchatel against the German left flank.
马尔梅蒂
我们辨认出四个德军军团
We’ve identified four German armies, …
第七 第五装甲军团 党卫军第六装甲军团与第十五军团
…the 7th, 5th Panzer, 6th S.S Panzer and the 15th.
他们用26个师进攻我们
They’ve beat us with 26 divisions.
他们击垮了第106师的两个团
They’ve overran two regimens of the 106th Division, …
我军7500人被迫投降
…and 7500 of our men were forced to surrender.
我们最紧急的是在伦德斯特把
Our immediate concern is that von Rundstedt, …
我们的第101空降师被围困在巴斯通
…has the 101st Airborne is trapped here at Bastogne.
巴斯通 也就是这个地区的枢纽
Bastogne, by the way, is the key to this entire area.
如果我们能够守住它 就能瓦解德军的整个攻势
If we can hold it, we can break up the entire German offensive.
如果德军攻下它 我们的麻烦就大了
If they take it, we’re in serious trouble.
艾克想知道有没有人能到那里在
Ike wants to know if anybody can get at there and relieve…
101师被粉碎之前解围
…the 101st before they’re torn to pieces.
恐怕蒙哥马利元帅无能为力了
I’m afraid there’s nothing that Field Marshal Montgomery can do.
将军 至少在几个星期之内
General, nothing for some weeks.
你呢 乔治
What about you, George?
我可以在48小时内以三个师进攻
I can attack with three divisions in 48 hours.
如果我是你的话 我会多给自己留些回旋余地
I’d give myself some leeway if I were you.
艾克要的是务实的估计 乔治
Ike wants a realistic estimate, George.
准确地说 你目前正在交战 而且
Jural you’re in the middle of a fight now. It’s, …
而且离巴斯通还有100多英里
It’s over a hundred miles to Bastogne.
我的参谋正在解决突击的细节问题
My staff’s already working out the details.
啊 坦白地说 我看不出那怎么可能
Ah, frankly, I don’t see how it’s possible, …
在这种天气下是不可能的
…not in this kind of weather.
我认为你的部队需要撤下来修整
I should’ve thought you’d want to fall back and regroup.
我不需要 弗雷迪 我不喜欢得而复失
Not me. Freddie, I don’t like to pay for the same real estate twice.
但是你的部下呢
But what about your men?
你不可能强行军100英里
You can’t cart them off 100 miles
然后指望部队不休整就立刻开始进攻
then expect them to attack without rest.
部队是我带出来的 亚瑟 他们会照我的命令去做
I trained these men, Arthur. They’ll do what I tell them.
啊 我们没想到
Ah, Perhaps we hadn’t realized
你这么受部队欢迎 将军
you were quite so popular with your troops, general.
并非是我受欢迎 他们这样做全是因为他们是出色的士兵
I’m not. They’ll do it because they’re good soldiers, …
而且他们与我一样都知道 我们还有可能输掉这场战争
…and because they realize, as I do, that we can still lose this war.
喔 请允许我代表蒙哥马利元帅发言
Hmm. I think I can speak for Field Marshal Montgomery.
他会说你在要求部下做不可能的事
He’d say you’re asking the impossible of your men.
他会这么说
Of course he would, …
因为他从没想到过 我们来就是专门干不可能之事的
…cause he’s never realized that’s what we’re in business for.
长官 麦考利夫将军拒绝了德军的招降
Sir, General McAuliffe turned down a German surrender demand.
你猜他是怎么说的
You know what he said?
怎么说
What?
他说 “去你的”
He said, “Nuts. ”
全速推进 上校
Keep them moving, colonel.
一定要解救那些有口才的人
A man that eloquent has to be saved.
巴斯通
德国佬杀手
这就是回报
This is where it pays off, …
严酷训练与严明军纪的回报
…the training and discipline.
世界上没有任何一支部队
No other outfit in the world, …
能够这样撤出冬季的恶战 强行军100英里
…could pull out of a winter battle, move a hundred miles, …
立刻展开强势进攻 既不休整 不睡觉
…go into a major attack with no rest, no sleep,
还吃不上热饭菜
no hot food.
上帝啊 上帝 我为他们感到骄傲
God! God, I’m proud of these men!
长官 德军又投入一个装甲师进攻巴斯通
Sir, von Rundstedt’s thrown another panzer division against Bastogne.
第101空降师岌岌可危了
101st Airborne’s holding on by its fingernails.
我们需要该死的空中掩护
Damn air cover’s what we need.
至少得有24小时像样的天气 我们才能出动
With 24 hours decent weather, we might make it.
梅森将军接通了 长官
General Mason, sir.
你好 梅森 听我说 我们缺乏步兵
Hello, Mase. Listen, we’re short on foot soldiers.
我要你调集防空部队 并转为步兵
I want you to cannibalize your anti- aircraft units and turn them into riflemen.
对 你得找出每一个能用的人
Yes, every damn one of them what you might find.
晚上好 将军
Good evening, general.
我刚拿到明天的天气预报 更多的雪
I just got the weather report for tomorrow, more snow.
空中掩护也没戏了
There goes our air cover.
长官 我们可能必须停下来 等待天气好转
Sir, we may have to pay lot of wait for better weather.
那些勇敢的士兵在送命 我不能再等待
Brave men dying up there. I’m not going to wait.
一分一秒都不能等待
Not an hour, not a minute.
我们要继续前进
Going to keep moving.
清楚了吗
Is that clear?
我们要整夜前行 我们要在明天早晨进攻
We’re going to attack all night and attack tomorrow morning!
如果我们不成功
If we’re not victorious, …
就一个都不要想活着回去
…let no one come back alive.
你知道吗 将军
You know something, general?
有时 他们真不知道你是在虚张声势 还是认真的
Sometimes, they can’t tell when you’re acting and when you’re not.
他们是否知道并不重要
It isn’t important for them to know.
只有我是否知道才是最重要的
It’s only important for me to know.
-您找我 将军 -是的 牧师
– You want to see me, general? – Oh, yes, chaplain.
我烦透了 第三军团必须进攻德军
I’m sick and tired of 3rd Army having to fight Germans, …
这是最高命令 现在 却没汽油
…it’s supreme command, no gasoline, …
现在还遇到这种鬼天气
…and now this ungodly weather.
我要进行一次祈祷 祈求好天气
I want a prayer, a weather prayer.
祈求好天气 长官
A weather prayer, sir?
对 看看你能否祈求上帝与我们一起战斗
Yes, let’s see if you can’t get God working with us on this thing.
这种祷告恐怕很困难
Take a thick rug for that kind of praying.
我不管它有多困难
I don’t care if it takes a flying carpet.
喔 我不知道上帝会怎么想 将军
Well, I don’t know how this will be received, general.
祈求好天气 以便我们能够去杀人
Praying for good weather so we can kill our fellow man.
我可以向你保证 牧师
I can assure you, clergy,
因为我和全能的神关系很好
because of my intimate relations with the Almighty, …
如果你写一篇好祷文 我们就会得到好天气
…if you write a good prayer, we’ll have good weather.
并且 我在1小时内就需要祷文
And I expect that prayer within an hour.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
全能与最慈悲的天父
“Almighty and most merciful Father, …
我们谦卑地祈求您
…we humbly beseech Thee…
大发慈悲
…of Thy great goodness…
阻止这种恶劣天气
…to restrain this immoderate weather…
这是我们必须争取的
…with which we’ve had to contend.
赐与我们战斗所需要的好天气
Grant us fair weather for battle.
恩赐倾听我们
Graciously hearken to us…
这些军人的呼唤
…as soldiers who call upon Thee, …
这支军队凭着您的大能
…that armed with Thy power, …
我们得以接连胜利
…we may advance from victory to victory…
并且粉碎敌人的压♥迫♥
…and crush the oppression…
和为非作歹
…and wickedness of our enemies, …
以此来建立您的正义
…and establish Thy justice…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!