Uh, and, um… Hm. Mentally.
我精神上很强大
Physically, or mentally? Mentally, I’m strong.
你精神上很强大?
You’re strong mentally?
没错
Yes, right.
你移♥民♥是正确的
It was good that you immigrated.
我也觉得
Mm. I agree.
韩国对你来说太小了
Korea is too small of a country for you.
没法实现你的追求
It’s not enough to satisfy your ambition.
我很高兴能再见到你
I’m glad to have seen you. Hm.
我也是
Yeah.
也谢谢你把我介绍给你老公
And thank you for introducing me to your husband.
我能看出来他很爱你
I can tell he really loves you.
嗯
Hmm.
我喜欢他 我不知道这会让我这麽难受
I didn’t know that liking your husband would hurt this much.
是吗?
Yeah?
嗯
Hmm.
我们不再联繫的时候
When we stopped talking,
我真的很想你
I really missed you.
你想我吗?
Did you miss me?
当然了
Of course.
但你之后就认识你老公了
But you met your husband then.
你也马上找了女朋友
You got a girlfriend then, too.
对不起
Sorry.
没关係
It’s okay.
这次见到你
Seeing you again
来到这裡 让我有很多奇怪的想法
and being here makes me have a lot of weird thoughts.
什麽想法?
What kind of thoughts?
如果我12年前来纽约会怎麽样?
What if I’d come to New York 12 years ago?
如果你没有离开首尔呢?
What if you had never left Seoul?
如果你没有离开
If you hadn’t just left like that,
如果我们一起长大
and we just grew up together,
我还会喜欢你吗?
would I still have looked for you?
我们会不会恋爱?分手?
Would we have dated? Broken up?
结婚?
Gotten married?
会不会有孩子?
Would we have had kids together?
类似这种想法
Thoughts like that.
但是来了之后我知道 你必须离开
But the truth I learned here is,
因为这就是你
you had to leave because you’re you.
我喜欢的也是这样的你
And the reason I liked you is because you’re you.
而这样的你注定是会离开的
And who you are is someone who leaves.
你记忆中的娜英
The Na Young you remember
现在并不在这裡
doesn’t exist here.
我知道
I know.
但是…
But…
那个小女孩还在
that little girl did exist.
虽然她没有坐在你面前
She’s not sitting here in front of you,
但她是真实存在的
but it doesn’t mean she’s not real.
20年前
20 years ago,
我把她留给了你
I left her behind with you.
我知道
I know.
而且虽然我当时只有12岁
And even though I was only 12,
但我爱她
I loved her.
真是疯子
You psycho.
我觉得我们前世肯定有很深的羁绊
I think there was something in our past lives.
不然现在怎麽会坐在这裡?
Otherwise, why would we be here together right now?
但是这辈子
But in this life,
我们没有能
we don’t have the In-Yun to be
再续前缘的因缘
that kind of person to each other.
因为现在 20年来
Because now, finally,
我们终于第一次
we’re in the same city
来到了同一座城市
for the first time in 20 years…
我们跟你丈夫坐在一起
We’re sitting here with your husband.
这辈子 你和亚瑟才有夫妻因缘
In this life, you and Arthur are that kind of In-Yun to each other.
你们有八千层的因缘
You two have the 8,000 layers of In-Yun. He’s talking about you.
对亚瑟来说
To Arthur,
你是那个留下的人
you’re someone who stays.
你觉得我们前世是什麽关係?
Who do you think we were to each other in our past lives?
不知道
I don’t know.
也许是没有结果的婚外情
Maybe… an impossible affair?
比如王后和国王的臣子
Between the queen and the king’s henchman?
也许我们因为政♥治♥联姻
Or maybe we were forced to live together
被迫在一起
in a political marriage,
所以毫无感情
and we were awful to each other.
双双出轨
Cheat on each other a bunch.
恶语相向
Say hurtful things to each other.
也许我们只是曾经在火车上坐在一起
Or maybe we were just sitting next to each other on the same train.
为什麽?
Why?
因为恰好买♥♥了邻座
Just because that’s what our tickets said.
也许
Maybe,
我们是一隻鸟
we were just a bird
和清晨托着小鸟吟唱的树枝
and the branch it sat on one morning.
抱歉 我们光顾着自己说话了
I’m sorry we speak alone.
不会再这样了
Uh, we will stop.
没关係
It’s okay.
你们好久没见了
You haven’t seen each other in a long time.
我从来没想过自己会参与这种戏码
I never thought I’d be a part of something like this.
嗯?
Hm?
跟你坐在一起
Sitting here with you.
你知道什麽是因缘吗?
Do you know what in-yun?
嗯 第一次跟诺亚见面她就告诉我了
Yeah. Nora told me about it when we first met.
你和我
You and me.
对 你和我也有因缘
Yeah. Yeah, you and I are in-yun too.
我很高兴你来了
I’m really glad you came here.
这是正确的决定
It was the right thing to do.
我送他去优步车那裡
Mm. I’m gonna walk him to his Uber.
好
Okay.
幸会
Uh, nice to meet you.
彼此
Nice to meet you, too.
希望你能来韩国找我
Uh, come visit me in Korea.
肯定会的
Definitely.
我马上就回来
I’ll be right back.
好
Okay.
车快来了吗?
Will it be here soon?
两分钟
Two minutes.
喂!
Hey!
娜英
Na Young.
嗯?
Hmm?
也许这也是前世
What if this is a past life as well,
也许我们已经
and we are already
在来世成为了对彼此很最重要的人
something else to each other in our next life?
那我们算什麽?
Who do you think we are then?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我也不知道
Me neither.
再见了
See you then.