因缘?
In-yun?
这只是韩国人用来撩人的
That’s just something Koreans say
一种话术
to seduce someone.
你们去哪?
Where you going?
纽约
New York City.
去那裡干什麽?
Why’re you going there?
我们住在那裡
We live there.
职业?
What’s your occupation?
作家
Writers.
什麽?
You’re what?
我们是作家
We’re writers.
你们在多伦多逗留了多久?
How long were you visiting Toronto?
10天
Ten days.
逗留目的?
What was the purpose of your visit?
来看她的家人
We were visiting her family.
你们是什麽关係?
Are you two related?
夫妻
We’re married.
谢谢!
Thanks!
「如果你买♥♥票去看演出
“If you bought a ticket to see this show,
你要打车或者坐地铁前往剧院
“took the subway or a cab to be here,
要有所付出才能抵达那裡
“it cost you something to be here,
然后与那些老妇人共度几个小时
“and spend a couple hours with these old women,
这就让你在某种程度上成为了‘移♥民♥’
“that makes you some kind of immigrant.
而且…
“And…
这一切也让我有所付出
“all this cost me something too.
我跨越太平洋来到这裡
“I crossed the Pacific Ocean to be here.
有些人你跨越的更多
“Some crossings cost more than others.
有些人…
“Some crossings…
跨越了需要一生去偿还的距离」
“you pay for with your whole life.”
…一坐就是一整天
…sit most of the day,
最后我…
and in the end I…
然后才开始写作…
And then I started to write about…
晚餐之后
After Dinner.
才是我的写作时间
Um, yeah, I mean, it’s my kind of time.
不过你是学生吧?
Uh, but you’re studying, right?
我饿了
I’m hungry.
我也是
Me, too.
你想吃什麽?
What do you want to eat?
不知道
I don’t know.
那怎麽办?
What can I do?
-你猜我想吃什麽? -什麽?
You know what I want? What?
鸡翅
Chicken wings.
靠
Holy shit.
天才啊
Oh, genius.
鸡翅!
Chicken wings!
你在想什麽?
What’re you thinking about?
还记得我给你说过的海成吗?
Remember I told you about Hae Sung?
嗯
Oh, yeah.
是这周吗?
Is that this week?
对
Yeah.
他来干什麽来着?
Why is he coming here again?
好像是度假吧
I think vacation.
你去纽约干什麽?
Why are you going to New York?
度假
Vacation.
休息 玩
Rest, enjoy, have fun.
你不是为了去见那个女生吧?
You’re not going there to see that girl, right?
谁啊?
Who?
别装了 你知道我说的是谁
Why are you pretending not to know who I’m talking about?
你的初恋 她不是在纽约吗?
Your first love. I thought she lives there.
你跟女友分手了就去找初恋?
You gonna see her now that you broke up with your girlfriend?
我又不是疯子 她已经结婚了
You think I’m nuts? She’s married.
真的?
Really?
嗯 好像都结婚七年了
I think it’s been about seven years.
她结婚真早啊
She married early.
你这溷蛋真是可怜啊
Ah, you poor bastard.
怎麽了?
What?
你在纽约的每一天都下雨
It’s going to rain the whole time you’re there.
看到没 「严重雷雨预警」
Look. “Severe thunderstorm.”
别忘了带雨衣雨靴
Hey, don’t forget your rain boots and raincoat.
还真是「严重雷雨预警」
It really does say, “severe thunderstorm”.
海成!
Hae Sung!
真的是你
Woah. It’s you.
我该做什麽?
Ah, what can I do?
我该说什麽呀?
What should I say?
不知道
I don’t know.
我们上次聊天是不是12年前?
Was the last time we talked 12 years ago?
幸好今天天气不错
Glad the weather is nice today.
是啊
You’re right.
走吧?
Should we go?
好
Yes.
我结婚之前
Before I got married,
跟我老公一起回过韩国
I went to Korea with my husband.
我知道
I know.
我给你发了邮件 你没回
I emailed you, but you didn’t respond.
我想见你来着
I wanted to see you.
那次真的很失望
I was disappointed.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我那时候也想见见你女朋友
I wanted to meet your girlfriend, too.
你们俩怎麽样?
How are you two doing?
我们现在没在一起
We’re not together right now.
分手了
You broke up?
不是
No.
不是的
It’s not that.
我们只是都需要时间想一想
We just need time to think.
我们之前提到了结婚的事
We just started talking about getting married.
你不想结婚吗?
Do you not want to get married?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
如果你爱她 怎麽会不知道?
If you love her, why don’t you know?
有点複杂
It’s a little complicated.
哪裡複杂?
What’s complicated?
还没有这个条件
The conditions are not met.
什麽意思?
What do you mean?
我是独生子
I’m an only child.
如果独生子要结婚
If you’re going to marry an only son,
就要更优秀 收入更高
he should make more money and be better.
我太普通了
I’m too ordinary.
你还普通?
You’re ordinary?
工作普通 收入普通
My job is ordinary, my income is ordinary.
一切都很普通
It’s all ordinary.
她应该找个比我更优秀的人
She should meet someone more impressive than me.
挣不到大钱就不能结婚了?
Is it hard to get married if you don’t make a ton of money?
一开始我们也不这麽认为
At first we didn’t think so,
但后来就开始赞同了
but then we started thinking that way.
我给你拍张照吧?
Want me to take a photo of you?
好
Okay.
超帅的
You look good.
你和你老公经常来这裡约会妈啊?
Would you and your husband come out here often on dates?
嗯
Hmm.
搬到东村之前 我们就住在这附近
We lived near here before we moved to the East Village.
所以每次约会都来这裡
We did all our dating here.
吵架也是在这裡
We would fight here, too.
-你们会吵架? -对啊 可凶了
-You two fight? -Oh yeah, we don’t fuck around.
为什麽吵架?
Why do you fight?
因为…
Just because.
就像在一个花盆里种两棵树
It’s like planting two trees in one pot.
我们的根都需要找到自己的位置
Our roots need to find their place.
你老公跟你家人相处得好吗?
Does your husband get along with your family?
嗯 他经常跟我家人玩花牌
Yeah. He plays Hwa-Too with them all the time.
他还会玩花牌?
He plays Hwa-Too?
当然了
Of course.