I was so proud of you back then.
你是那里唯一的女孩子
You were usually the only girl out there.
你曾经跟那些臭小子们勇敢地对抗
You used to stand up to those stinky boys.
你还记得那个暑假吗
Do you remember that
你在解说席帮我忙
summer when you worked for me in the booth…
记录得分跟统计数据
keeping score and doing stats?
你可爱得不得了
You were so cute, sitting there
坐在那摩挲着手里的小铅笔
scrunched over your little pencil.
你没看见那个球朝你飞过去了是不是
You never saw that ball coming, did you?
你可以喊球飞过来了警告我的
You could have yelled “Incoming.”
我当时正在播音 我不想引起骚动
I was on the air. I didn’t want to start a panic.
你真的很喜欢那个工作
You do love that job.
对 对
Yeah. Yeah.
没错
Yeah, I do.
击球员上垒
Batter up!
就是那个坏小孩
Ah! This is that bully kid.
对 叫艾文
Yeah, Ivan.
我期待着看见特纳把他三振出局
I would so like to see Turner strike him out.
好球
Strike!
一好球 他真的很棒 他真的很会打
Strike one! Hey, he is really good. He’s really good.
好啊 特纳
Way to go, Turner!
站在投手丘上的是特纳·西蒙斯
Turner Simmons on the mound…
一位乘竹筏逃亡的有前途的年轻古巴球员
a young Cuban prospect who escaped on a raft.
他面冲着艾文
He’s facing Ivan, a miserable child
那是个谁都憎恨讨厌的可怜孩子
who is loathed and despised by everyone.
爸
Dad!
挥空了 两个好球
Swing and a miss! Strike two!
只要再投出一个好球
One more strike and it’s back
就能让那个牛蛙回球员席坐着去了
to the dugout for this eight-year-old bullfrog.
爸
Dad…
球员年鉴上说艾文非常可能要受罚
The yearbook said Ivan is “Most likely to do time.”
西蒙斯看着他
Simmons looks at him.
他否决了那个战术
He shakes it off.
他就要投了
Here’s the pitch.
三个好球 你出局了
Strike three! You’re out of there!
熄灯了 爱丽丝
Lights out, Alice!
做得好 特纳 好样的
Way to go, Turner! Way to look!
蓝衣服 蓝衣服裁判 刚刚那是三振
Blue, Blue! That’s three strikes!
一 二 三 击球手出局
One, two, three! Out of there!
暂停
Time!
没事
It’s okay!
这是我父亲 他是新来的
This is my dad and he’s new here!
好吧 这里没有出局这个说法
Oh, okay. There are no outs in this game.
没有出局吗 怎么可能呢
No outs? How is that possible?
他们一直打到上垒为止
They hit until they get on base.
-真的吗 -真的
– Seriously? – Seriously.
爸 我们还是坐下看吧
Dad, why don’t we just sit down?
好吧
All right.
但是你得知道这种事真的太蠢了
But you know that’s kind of stupid!
你想想那首歌♥
Because if you just think of the song…
因为一个 两个 三个好球 在传统比赛中
‘Cause it’s one, two, three strikes, you’re out…
你被判出局
at the old ball game
而不是
Not…
打到安打为止
until you get a hit
他说得对 我讨厌这种比赛 意义在哪
He’s right! I hate these games! What’s the point?
意义就是让所有孩子
The point is for the kids
都能在没有竞争的环境下享受比赛
to enjoy the game without competition.
对 但是比赛本身就是竞争
Yeah, but competition is the game.
就像生活一样
You know, it’s like life.
我想问你点事
Let me ask you something.
你怎么知道最后谁赢谁输呢
I mean, how do you even know who’s winning?
我们这个社团比赛不计分
In this league, we don’t keep score.
所有比赛都以平局结束
Every game ends in a tie.
不是吧
Oh, no.
没有失败的痛苦 就只有平局的小兴奋吗
No agony of defeat? Just the thrill of a tie?
不计分挺好的
It’s good they don’t keep score!
没错 因为你家孩子打得很烂
Yeah, ’cause your kid stinks.
我要废了你
Oh, I will bust you up!
那个老家伙说得对 是挺无聊的
The old guy’s right. It’s boring.
看见没
See?
一点都不无聊
It is not boring!
他们只是孩子 而且只是在玩而已
They’re children and they’re having fun!
他们生命中还有很长时间让他们去计分呢
And there’s plenty of time in their lives to keep score!
-你出局了 -不 我没有
– And you are out! – No, I’m not.
你有 特纳 你把他击出局了
Oh, yeah. Turner, you struck him out.
-不 我没有 -有 你做到了
– No, I didn’t. – Yes, you did.
-你出局了 -不 我没有
– You’re out. – No, I’m not!
-你出局了 -不 我没有
– You’re out! – No, I’m not!
-三振 你出局了 -不 我没有
– Three strikes, you’re out! – No, I’m not!
巴克 怎么回事
Barker, what’s going on?
阿屁发疯了
Farty is going crazy.
又来
Again?
-你出局了 -不 出局的是你
– You’re out! – No, you’re out!
艾文 不要打人 好好说话
Ivan, no hitting! Use your words!
是 妈妈
Yes, Mom.
你说我出局了我很生气
I’m angry that you said I was out.
这下不再无聊了
Well, it’s not boring anymore.
怎么可能是阿蒂的错
How is this Artie’s fault?
我见到的就是那个小怪物拿着球棒
All I saw was that little monster grab a baseball bat…
击中了你♥爸♥的 那个地方
and hit your father in his… special place.
你是没看见事情是怎么开始的
Well, you didn’t see what led up to it.
-是我的错 -亲爱的
– It was my fault. – Oh, honey.
你威胁了她的小提琴老师吗
You threatened her violin teacher?
她要说是威胁
She says “Threatened.”
那我就说我是保护了我的外孙女
I say “Defended my granddaughter.”
菲尔
Phil?
我们赢了 我赢了
Hey, we won. I won!
我赢了 你能相信吗
I won! Can you believe it?
我的天哪
Oh, my gosh!
太棒了 太棒了
That’s fantastic! That’s fantastic!
-爸爸赢了 -恭喜你 爸爸
– Daddy won! – Congrats, Dad!
然后 他们明晚会给我颁奖
So, they’re giving me the award tomorrow night.
你什么时候来这边
When are you getting here?
你不知道这里发生了什么 一团乱
You don’t know what’s going on here. It’s madness.
我们不能把孩子们扔给我父母
We can’t leave our children with my parents.
那你是什么意思 是说你不来了吗
So, what are you saying? That you’re not coming?
菲尔 拜托听我解释 理解我一下
Phil, please listen to me. Try to understand.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
好 我完全理解
Yeah. I understand perfectly.
好吧
All right.
回去之后见
See you when I get back.
好了 我们回家
Okay. We’re going home.
不
No.
不回
No?
阿蒂带孩子们回家
Artie and the kids are going home.
我带你去机场
I am taking you to the airport.
什么
What?
爱丽丝 你♥爸♥和我
Alice, your dad and I have
已经尽了最大努力用你们的方法处理事情
bent over backwards to try to do things your way.
你们根本就没努力
You haven’t bent over at all.
我尽力了 相信我 我尽力了
Oh, I’m bent. Believe me, I’m bent.
所以 你看你让我们到这来
Now, look. You asked us to come here
照顾孙子孙女
and take care of our grandchildren…
但是你根本就没给我们机会去做
and you haven’t given us the chance to do it.
你就一直在背后看着我们 尤其是你♥爸♥
You have been on our backs, especially your dad’s…
从我们到这的那天就开始
ever since we got here!
好吧 反正你永远都站在他那一边
Okay, take his side, because you always do anyway.
当然那有很重要的原因
And for a good reason.
因为你的孩子们长大离开之后
Because after your kids grow up,
只有你的丈夫能留下来陪你
your husband is the one who stays.
爱丽丝 我知道你一直在努力做完美的家长