Well, you got to be from somewhere.
你一定是从某个地方来
Down by Troy, I guess.
大概是特洛伊吧
How long have you worked for her?
你为她工作多久了?
Ain’t kept count.
没有算
A year, maybe. How old you be?
大概一年吧,你多大了?
Nine.
9岁
She really do all that dancing?
她真的会跳舞?
Well, if you want to call it “dancing”.
你觉得那是跳舞的话
All she do is wag her hips and shake her old behind a little.
她只会扭一扭,摇一摇老屁♥股♥
How come she’d leave that job back there?
她是怎么丢掉那份工作的?
‘Cause the boss man tried to make her put out for his friends.
因为那个老板想让她勾引他的朋友
And she don’t believe in putting out for free.
而她不想免费勾引他们
She put out much?
她收很多钱吗?
Just like a gum machine.
她就像嚼口香糖
You drop something in and she’ll put something out.
你放东西进去,她就嚼一嚼吐出来
How much she charge?
她怎么收费?
Most she can get.
尽其所能
But she always asks for $5.00.
但她总是收5元
She ain’t putting out for your pa, though.
尽管她不会勾引你♥爸♥爸
Says she’s going to wait and get all she can before she put out for him.
在她勾引你♥爸♥之前 她会耐心等待而且尽量搾取
He tell her he was my pa?
他告诉她他是我爸?
Well, not exactly.
不尽然
I heard him mumbling something like he didn’t want to talk about it.
我听见他在嘟嘟囔囔,好像不想谈这事
Ain’t he? I’m with him, ain’t I?
他不是吗? 我和他一起,不是吗?
And how do you come to be with her?
你是怎么和她在一起的?
‘Cause she promised to give me $4.00 every week.
因为她保证每周给我4美元
She ain’t gave me nothing.
结果什么也没给
‘Cept a nickel or dime, sometimes.
只是有时候给个5分或1角
Why don’t you quit? Quit?
你为什么不离开? 离开?
How am I going to quit?
我怎么离开?
And what if I do quit?
我离开又能怎样?
Ain’t got no money to get home to Mum.
即使回家,也不能为妈妈赚钱
And what if I do get home?
而且回家又能如何?
They got hard times as it is.
家里面已经够苦了
My mama say, “You go work for a white lady,
我妈妈说,”你去为一个白人女士工作
“she’ll take good care of you.”
她会好好待你的”
You want to know what I think? Yeah.
你知道我是怎么想的吗? 是
You know the little white speck on top of chicken doo-doo?
你知道鸡便便上面那一坨白点点吗?
Yeah.
知道
Well, that’s the kind of white I think Miss Trixie is.
崔西小姐就是那个白点点
She’s just like that little white speck on top of old chicken shit.
她就像老母鸡大便上面那一坨白点点
Oh, I just love it, love it, love it. All this white.
哦,我真是爱死了 真是爱死了,全都是白色的
It is absolutely the proper thing for my particular kind of appearance.
对我这充满特色的外表 这绝对是适当的事物
You know, it wouldn’t be bad for you to have a new dress, too.
你能买♥♥件新衣服也不赖
The right kind of dress makes all the difference in the face.
合适的衣服会让人神采奕奕
Especially since you got the right kind of bone structure.
尤其是你拥有良好的骨架
Oh…
哦…
Oh, my, oh, my.
哦,天呀!
Daddy, but wouldn’t you look handsome sitting behind the wheel of a thing like that?
爸爸,能坐在这样的汽车里 你看起来就更帅了,对吧?
‘Course, you know, everything is in the bone structure.
因为,所有的事物都和骨架有关
You know, a person can tell his whole life on what his bone structure is.
根据骨架就能知道这个人的一生
I tried pushing her out a window once in Little Rock.
在小岩城的时候(阿肯色州首府) 我好想把她扔出窗外
Oh, I think there’s bugs all over the…
这里好多小虫子…
I just hope there’s no snakes around here.
我希望这附近没有蛇
You know, I think we ought to go now.
我认为我们该走了
Thank you so much.
非常感谢
Now hurry… oh.
快点
Come on, hurry up. Get those things in there, now.
快点,把东西放进去
Don’t break anything, either.
也别打破东西
Let’s go.
走吧
Hurry up, doctor, this baby’s got to go winky-tinky.
快点,医生,小宝贝想尿尿了
Don’t worry.
别担心
Hey!
嘿!
Come on, we’re ready.
走吧,我们准备好了
Come on, now. I ain’t ready.
快点 我没有准备好
Well, you don’t look real busy with nothing, so you just come on down.
你又没忙什么,你只需走下来
I ain’t coming.
我不走
Now you listen here, child. No, I won’t listen here.
给我听着,孩子 不,我不听
What the heck’s up with you, then?
你到底怎么回事?
I want to sit in front.
我想坐在前面
And how come we ain’t working no more?
而且为什么我们不再工作了?
‘Cause we’re on vacation, that’s why.
因为我们正在度假,这就是原因
And Miss Delight and me are sitting in front because we are two grown-ups,
狄莱小姐和我坐在前面 因为我们是大人
and that’s where grown-ups do the sitting.
那里是大人坐的地方
And little children do not tell grown-ups
小孩子不能要求大人们
what to do with their lives, you understand that?
按照他们的方式生活,懂了没有?
Well, she ain’t my grown-up, and I ain’t planning no more to sit in the back.
她不是我的大人,我再也不要坐在后面
Not for no cow.
那是给母牛坐的
Will you keep your voice down?
小点声好不好?
And Miss Delight ain’t no cow. She’s a proper woman.
狄莱小姐也不是母牛,她是有教养女人
She has a high school diploma,
她有很高的学历
and right now she’s gotta go to the bathroom, so you just get on down to the car.
而且她现在想上厕所 所以,你快点给我上车
She always has to go to the bathroom.
她总是想上厕所
She must have a bladder the size of a peanut.
她的膀胱一定像花生那么大
Well, I ain’t getting back in that car. Not till she gets out of it.
我不要上车,除非她下车
Hey, what’s up, kiddo? Daddy says you’re wearing a sad face.
嘿,怎么啦,小大人?爸爸说你不高兴
Ain’t good to have a sad face.
不要老拉着一张脸
Hey, how would you like a colouring book? Would you like that?
嘿,喜欢看图画书吗?喜欢吗?
You like Mickey the Mouse?
你喜欢米老鼠吗?
Oh, son of a bitch!
妈的!
Now come on down to the car and let’s all be friends.
上车吧,我们做个朋友如何?
You see me smile? Come on, let’s see you smile like Aunt Trixie.
看到我的笑容了? 来吧,让大家看看你的微笑!
Now, come on!
快点好吗?
Come on down to the car with mademoiselle.
和我一起上车好吗?
Kiddo, I understand how you feel.
小大人,我懂你的感受
Well, you don’t have to worry.
不必担心
One of these days, you’re going to be just as pretty as mademoiselle,
总有一天,你会和我一样漂亮
maybe prettier.
甚至比我还漂亮
You already got bone structure.
你已经有骨架了
When I was your age, I didn’t have no bone structure.
我在你这个年纪的时候,都没有骨架
Took me years to get bone structure.
我花了好几年才长出骨架
And don’t think bone structure’s not important.
别认为骨架不重要
Nobody started to call me mademoiselle till I was 17
一直到17岁时,才有人称我为小姐
and getting a little bone structure.
才有一点点骨架
When I was your age, I was skinnier than a pole.
当我是你这个年纪时,我比电线杆还瘦
I never thought I’d have nothing up here.
我从未想过自已会长出胸部
You’re going to have them up there, too.
你这里也会长出胸部
Look, I’ll tell you what. Want me to show you how to use cosmetics?
这样吧,要我教你使用化妆品吗?
Look, I’ll let you put on my earrings. You can see how pretty you’re going to be.
我的耳环给你戴 你就知道你将来有多美了
And I’ll show you how to make up your eyes.
我还会教你化妆眼睛
And your lips.
还有嘴唇
And I’ll see to it you get a little bra or something.
再看看帮你买♥♥件小胸罩之类的
But right now you’re gonna pick your little ass up,
在那之前,你要挪动你的小屁♥股♥
you’re gonna drop it in the backseat and you’re gonna cut out the crap,
滚到汽车后座去,而且别说屁话
you understand?
懂了吗?
You’re going to ruin it, ain’t you?
你准备搞破坏是不是?
Look, I don’t want to wipe you out,
我不想弃你于不顾
and I don’t want you wiping me out, you know?
也不想你来为难我,知道吗?
So, I’m going to level with you, OK?
所以,我尽量为你着想,好吗?
Now, you see, with me, it’s just a matter of time.
你听着,就我而言,这只是时间的问题
I don’t know why, but somehow I just don’t manage to hold on real long.
说不上来,我应该是那种 无法坚持下去的人
So, if you wait it out a little, it’ll be over, you know?
所以,如果你耐心等待的话 很快就会结束了
I mean, even if I want a fella,
我是说,如果我要男人的话
somehow or other I manage to get it screwed up.
无论如何,我都会搞砸
Maybe I’ll get a new pair of shoes, nice dress, a few laughs.
但也许我会得到一双新鞋 漂亮衣服,还有快乐
Times are hard.
时间是艰难的
Now, if you fool around on the hill up here,
如果你继续在这山上游荡
then you don’t get nothing,
那么你将一无所获
I don’t get nothing,
我也一无所获
he don’t get nothing.
他也一无所获