♪ Say, it’s only a paper moon
♪ 这只是个纸月亮 ♪
♪ Sailing over a cardboard sea
♪ 在纸板海洋遨游 ♪
♪ But it wouldn’t be make-believe
♪ 这并非虚假之物 ♪
♪ If you believed in me
♪ 只要你能相信我 ♪
♪ Yes, it’s only a canvas sky
♪ 用帆布做的天空 ♪
♪ Hanging over a cotton tree
♪ 悬挂在木棉树上 ♪
♪ But it wouldn’t be make-believe
♪ 这并非虚假之物 ♪
♪ If you believed in me
♪ 只要你相信我 ♪
♪ Without your love
♪ 没有你的爱 ♪
♪ It’s a honky-tonk parade
♪ 一切都索然无味 ♪
♪ Without your love
♪ 没有你的爱 ♪
♪ It’s a melody played in a penny arcade
♪ 乐曲不再优美动听 ♪
♪ It’s a Barnum and Bailey world
♪ 世界的一切一切 ♪
♪ Just as hollow as it can be
♪ 将变得空洞无趣 ♪
♪ But it wouldn’t be make-believe
♪ 这并非虚假之物 ♪
♪ If you believed in me ♪
♪ 只要你相信我 ♪
♪ Rock of ages, cleft for me
♪ 山可动,地可摇 ♪
♪ Let me hide myself in thee
♪ 把自我托付给你 ♪
♪ Let the water and the blood
♪ 让清水和血液 ♪
♪ From thy wounded side which flowed
♪ 曾留下的创伤 ♪
♪ Be of sin the double cure
♪ 所有一切罪过 ♪
♪ Safe from wrath and make me pure ♪
♪ 让我的灵魂圣洁 ♪
“Judge me, oh Lord,
“惩罚我吧,上帝”
“for I have lost in mine integrity.
“因为我失去了我的正直”
“I have trusted also in the Lord,
“我虽然也相信上帝”
“therefore I shall not slide.
“但是我却这样堕落了”
“Examine me, oh Lord, and prove me.
“考察我吧,上帝,检验我”
“Try my reins and my heart,
“用我的激♥情♥”
“for Thy loving kindness is before mine eyes
“到来一份共鸣的爱”
“and I have walked in Thy truth.
“这样我就与真理同行”
“I have not sat with evil persons.
“没有悲伤” “也没有憎恨”
“Neither will I go in with dissemblers.
“更不会成为伪君子”
“I will wash mine hands
“我会洗干净我的手”
“in innocency.
“变得玉洁冰清”
“So will I compass Thine altar, O Lord,
“这样我就可以握你的手,哦,我的上帝”
“that I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving
“在感恩节到来的时候”
“and tell of all Thy wondrous works…”
“人们会说我的所作所为是多么伟大”
Howdy.
您好
Loggins’ funeral.
罗金斯的葬礼
Yes, ma’am.
是的,夫人
You ain’t related, are ya? Related, ma’am?
你不是亲戚,对吧? 亲戚吗,夫人?
We’re looking for the child’s kin. Thought I saw some resemblance.
我们正在找这个孩子的亲属 我觉得你和她有点像
No kin, huh?
没有亲戚吗?
None we know of, ‘cept out in Missouri someplace.
就我们所知这里没有 但是密苏里是有的
Missouri… Seems you got the child’s jaw.
密苏里… 你和这孩子的下巴很像
No, ma’am, just a friend of her mama’s, just passing through town.
不,夫人,我只是她妈妈的一个朋友 刚好路过这里
If ever a child needed a friend.
孩子现在正需要朋友
“…will I bless the Lord.
“上帝保佑我们”
“Amen.”
“阿门”
Amen.
阿门
Amen, Essie Maye. I just know your ass is still warm.
阿门,埃西‧梅亚,我知道你刚死
Would you like some water, Addie?
你想喝点水吗,爱狄?
We’ll get the child some water.
我们要给孩子喝点水
Bless you child, I just want to pay my respects to your mama.
上帝保佑你,孩子 我只是来向你妈妈致意的
Well, I’m going to have to be going. It’s a long way to St. Louis.
我现在必须走了,去圣路易斯很远
St. Louis? You mean in Missouri? Yes, ma’am.
圣路易斯?是密苏里的圣路易斯吗? 是的,夫人
I… I sell the good book, ma’am.
我…我是卖♥♥好书的,夫人
Just moving through the country with the Lord’s good news.
带者上帝的好消息穿州过府
Addie, child, don’t you have your Aunt Billie living in St. Joseph?
爱狄,你不是有个叫比莉的阿姨 住在圣约瑟夫吗?
St. Joseph, Missouri.
密苏里的圣约瑟夫
It’s her poor mother’s sister.
那是她可怜的妈妈的妹妹
The child’s only known relative. That so?
是这个孩子已知唯一的亲戚 是吗?
You’re driving your chariot to Missouri, sir. You could deliver this child to her kin folk.
你要驾战车去密苏里州 可以顺便送这个孩子去投靠亲戚
Well, I wouldn’t exactly call it a chariot, Reverend.
我想这应该不算是战车,牧师
I’ll write the women a letter tonight. Hold it, hold it.
我今天晚上就给这个女人写封信 等等,等等
I have to think upon this, you know, uh…
我要好好想一下…
I mean, I may have to make a few stops along the way.
这一路上我还要停很多地方
I never travelled with no child before.
我从没和小孩一起旅行过
But you’re going that way. The child’s got no place to go.
但你也是往那个方向的 这孩子现在无处可去
Well…
呃…
The eyes of the Lord… Expect I have no choice, do I?
看在上帝的份上 我没有选择,是吗?
Hallelujah! God works in mysterious ways.
哈里路亚! 上帝又展现了神蹟
Don’t he now?
难道不是吗?
Come on, Addie. Better get your things together.
走吧,爱狄,最好把你的东西也带着
This nice man’s going to take you to your aunt.
这个好人要带你到阿姨那里
How come you’re taking me? Huh?
你为什么要带着我? 啊?
How come you’re taking me?
你为什么要带着我?
Because I’m going that way, honey.
因为我刚好也走这条路,宝贝
Although, I do want to make just one stop before we leave town.
我真的打算 离开小镇前只停一次
Got a little business to take care of.
但我有点小事要处理
You know my mama real good? Oh, pretty good.
你觉得妈妈真的很好? 哦,她很好
You just stay out here till I come for you.
你在外面等着
Don’t you say a word unless I ask you to.
我没开口你别说话
Mr Robertson?
罗伯逊先生?
That’s right. I’d like a minute of your time.
就是我 我要占用几分钟时问
Not buying today. Oh, not selling.
今天不买♥♥ 哦,我也不卖♥♥
Just want you to meet somebody, Mr Robertson. Only take a second.
只想让你见一个人,罗伯逊先生 只要一点点时问
So what?
怎么回事?
Tell him your name, honey. Addie.
告诉他你的名字,宝贝? 爱狄
Addie what, honey? Addie Loggins.
爱狄什么,宝贝? 爱狄‧罗金斯
You done real fine. I’ll be out in a minute.
你做得不错,我马上出来
Ain’t she a sweet child?
她很可爱对吧?
No, she ain’t a sweet child.
不,她不可爱
Well, maybe she don’t seem sweet right now. That’s because she’s sad.
她现在也许不可爱,因为她很悲伤
That is with her mama being dead,
因为她刚死了妈妈
what with your brother getting drunk and driving into that tree like that.
她妈妈的死是因为 你的兄弟酒醉开车撞树一样撞死她
What are you trying to pull? Get out of here!
你在瞎扯什么?滚出去!
All right, I’m going, but let me tell you where I’m going to go.
很好,我马上走 但是我告诉你,我要去哪里
I don’t care where you’re going to go.
我管你去哪里
I’m going to go see Mr J.T. Faraday.
我准备去见J‧T‧法拉第先生
Now, you know who Mr J.T. Faraday is?
你知道J‧T‧法拉第是谁吗?
He’s one of the biggest lawyers in Kansas.
他是堪萨斯州最著名的律师之一
And he don’t favour the man with the money, he favours the man without it.
他不喜欢那些有钱人 他喜欢帮助那些穷♥人♥
And you know what’s gonna happen to your brother?
你想知道你兄弟的下场吗?
There’s gonna be a lawsuit against him. You know what happens then?
他会被人告上法庭,你想知道结果吗?
Everything’s gonna be just tied up in knots, just sitting there.
他会坐在法庭上忧心忡忡
That’s his banking money, his house, everything he owns.
因为他有存款、房♥子,还有很多财产
Including half this plant.
包括这座工厂的一半产权
Now, don’t think that poor child ain’t entitled, ’cause she is.
别以为这可怜的小孩没有权利 因为她的确是继承人
I was thinking…
我在想…
couple a thousand dollars would be acceptable.
赔偿几千块应该是合理的
Couple of thou? I’ll give you 200.
几千块?我只给你200
$200?
200美元?
$200.
200美元
It’s a deal.
好吧
There you are.
给你
That’ll be, uh, $67.54.
总计是67.54元
You sure these tyres are new?
你确定这些轮胎是新的吗?
$67.54.
67.54美元
Now, we’ll have you to St. Jo in no time.
现在,我马上就送你到圣约瑟夫
What time’s the next train to St. Joseph?
下一班去圣约瑟夫的火车是几点?
St. Joseph? Let’s see here.
圣约瑟夫?我看看
That’ll be the 4:14.
应该是4:14
Change trains in Kansas City, and that’ll put you into St. Jo at 9:52am.
在堪萨斯城转车,上午9:52到圣约瑟夫
I want one child’s price ticket.
我要一张小孩票
That will be $11.45.
11.45元
I want you to send this here telegram to Mrs Billie Roy Griggs,
帮我发个电报 给比莉‧罗伊‧格里格斯夫人
Cosmo Road, St. Joseph.
圣约瑟夫科斯莫路
Train arriving 9:52am,
火车预计上午9:52抵达
and bringing love, affection and $20 cash.
附上爱心、感情及20元

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!