I heard that!
我听见了
I am not the limp-dick, impotent one in this marriage!
我在这个婚姻中不是软柿子
Mary. what are you doing
玛丽 你在干什么
Don’t walk away from me when I’m talking to you!
在我和你说话时 不要走开
Ha! You’re talking to me? You’re screaming at me!
啊 你和我说话吗 你在冲着我喊叫
I Oh, shut up!
我 哦 闭嘴
What happened? This used to be paradise.
发生了什么 这里过去是天堂
Surely it seems like they have everything.
是的 看起来他们什么都有
This gorgeous place,
这个漂亮的地方
plenty of money,
很多的钱
good looks, good health, fame.
好相貌 健康的身体 名声
But there is something missing for both of them.
但是有一样他们都缺的东西
Love and friendship.
爱和友情
A willingness and a desire to put aside your own ego,
意愿和欲望使你放下自尊
to enrich the day-by-day experience of your beloved.
来丰富你每天和爱人的经历
That’s what they’re missing, kid.
这是他们缺的 孩子
It’s like being under siege.
像是被围困了
Most marriages are.
很多婚姻都这样
Mine sure was.
我的曾经也是
Evan once wrote a poem.
埃文曾经写过一首诗
“Maybe the peace we all seek is but a dream.”
也许我们都找寻的平静只有在梦里
No!

No! Papa!
不 爸爸
Hey, now! Give it to me!
嗨 现在 把它给我
Eddie, take it!
艾迪 接着
Give it! Papa, come on, stop.
交出来 爸爸 好了 停下
No! No, you stop now!
不 不 你停下
There’s nothing for me in life anymore.
我的生命没有任何意义了
I can’t write. I can’t fuck.
我不能写作 我不能找女人
I can end this shitty life. My choice.
我能结束这糟糕的生命 我的选择
Give me the gun. No, Eddie, don’t!
给我枪 不 艾迪 不要
Give me the gun, kid. You don’t have to do this.
给我枪 你不需要这么做
You know I can take it from you.
你知道我能从你那里夺过去
Be a good boy. Give it to me.
做一个好孩子 把它给我
If I give it to you, what are you gonna do with it? What I have to.
如果我把它给你 你会做什么 我必须做的事
You don’t have to do this. Listen to him, Papa. Listen to him.
你没必要这么做 挺他的 爸爸 听他的
We’re all gonna die sometime, kid. What does it matter?
到时候我们都会死 孩子 有什么关系呢
Give me the gun! No.
给我枪 不
I don’t want to hurt you. You’re gonna have to kill me.
我不想伤害你 你不得不杀了我
What the fuck right do you have to say no to me?
你有什么权利对我说不
Who the fuck are you?
你认为自己是谁
Hey, I love you.
嗨 我爱你
I love you, Papa.
我爱你 爸爸
There’s another one here, Hem.
还有一个人
I’m another guy who loves you.
我是另一个爱你的人
We’re not gonna let you do this, Hem.
我们不会让你死的 海
No, Hem! No!
不 海 不
Let go! No, no, no! Stop it! Stop it!
放手 不 不 不 停下 停下
Give me that gun!
把枪给我
Don’t do it. Don’t do it.
不要这么做 不要这么做
Oh, Hem, I want you to stop this now.
哦 海 我希望你停下
This has all gone too far.
这有点太过火了
No good now.
一点都不好
You’re not being rational, love.
你一点都不理智 亲爱的
I’m completely rational.
我非常冷静
My head is good, clear.
我头脑正常 清楚
I know what I’m doing.
我知道我在做什么
I want to die.
我想死
Before it all turns to real shit, and it will, believe it.
在这变成现实前 而且会变成现实的 相信吧
No, I won’t believe that.
不 我不会相信的
We’ve had times of great and good happiness, haven’t we?
我们在一起有过美好的时光 不是吗
Sure. Good, old times.
是 好的 旧的时光
We can still have fresh, brand-new good times, right?
我们仍然可以有新的快乐的日子 对吗
I’m just a worthless, impotent old man.
我只是一个不值的 阳痿的老头
You said it. But I didn’t mean it.
你说过的 但我不是认真的
I’m sorry that I said that. I–
我很抱歉我说过这话 我
We both say things in anger that we don’t mean.
我们在生气时都说过一些话但并非我们的真意
I’m your wife, and I love you.
我是你的妻子 我爱你
And I couldn’t live without you.
我不能没有你
You never said that before.
你以前从来没说过
Haven’t I?
我没有吗
I’m different from other people.
我和其他人不一样
I– I can’t–
我 我不能
I couldn’t.
我不能
Understood.
明白
Me too.
我也是
We’re two pretty fucked-up people.
我们是两个搞砸的人
Let’s never get married again.
咱们再也别结婚了
Certainly not to each other.
当然别再是你和我结婚
You make a decision, kid, make it carefully.
你做一个决定 孩子 认真的做决定
Know what you truly want.
知道你真正想要的
Consider every possible consequence,
想好每一个可能的结果
or you’ll wind up wondering what the hell happened.
否则结果你要困惑到底发生了什么
Go away.
走开
I don’t want to talk to you.
我不想和你说话
You think I’m an accessory in your life, but I’m not.
你认为我是你生命的附件 但是我不是
I don’t need you. I’m fine.
我不需要你 我很好
I don’t need anything from you.
我不需要你的任何东西
I don’t want to hear from you. I just want you to leave me alone.
我不想听你说任何话 我只想让你不要打扰我
I love you.
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你
Most of what I learned about how to live life,
大部分我学到的如何生活
I learned from Papa.
我是从爸爸那学到的
One thing he once told me became that little legacy of compassionate wisdom
他告诉我的一件事就是变成有同情心的小小遗产
I had so desperately wanted from my father,
我非常渴望从父亲那里得到的
and I’ve lived by it.
我一直保持着它
He said, “The only value we have as human beings
他说 我们作为人类的唯一价值
is the risks we’re willing to take.”
就是我们愿意冒的风险
Papa committed suicide with a shotgun
爸爸用猎枪自杀
at his home in Ketchum, Idaho,
在他的家中 凯彻姆 爱荷华州
18 months later,
18个月后
July 2, 1961.
7月2日 1961
There was no suicide note since Papa could no longer write.
没有发现遗书因为爸爸已经不能在写作了
After it all, I guess what he really wanted was to have true love.
毕竟 我猜他真正想要的是真爱
He once wrote, “A man alone ain’t got no chance.”
他一次写到 一个人不会没有机会

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!