Jolly good, Pop.
玩的开心 爸爸
Damn good lion, and happy birthday from you know who, huh?
该死的雄狮 生日快乐 祝谁 你知道的吧
You’ve all gone crazy.
你们都疯了
Oh!
喔唔
So, we’re sitting on the steps
我们
of the San Cristobal Cathedral in Havana.
坐在哈瓦那圣克士的石阶上
Sinsky and I get drunk.
明斯基和我都喝醉了
So I said,
然后我说
“Papa, when was the last time you went to confession?”
爸爸 你上一次忏悔是什么时候
“Oh, 15, 16 years at least, maybe more.”
至少是15 16岁的时候 或者更大些的时候
“Let’s go!” Papa says.
爸爸会说 让我们一起
The priest began sweating immediately.
牧师马上开始流汗
It took eight hours!
花了8小时
Eight hours? Oh, pooh. It couldn’t have taken that long.
8小时 噢 没那么长吧
Oh, you don’t understand.
你哪儿懂
No, eight hours. No one can have that much sin. You made it up.
不 不可能是8小时 没人会犯下这等罪过 一定是你编的
The priest fainted.
牧师都有气无力了
Yeah, I tried to revive him with some Napoleon brandy,
是的 我给他拿了点点拿破仑白兰地 让他振作振作
but he just passed out before he could give us absolution!
但他在赦免我们前 自己已经醉倒了
Miss Mary, you were a correspondent in the war.
玛丽夫人 你曾在战争中当个记者吧
Oh, yes, uh, for Time magazine.
是的 时代杂♥志♥的记者
And before that, The Chicago Daily News.
在那之前 是在芝加哥日报当记者
Yeah, I was in Paris when the Germans took the city
德国人入侵那座城的时候 我正在巴黎
and in London during the Blitz.
大规模空袭期间我在伦敦
London’s where I met Papa.
我就是在伦敦遇见爸爸的
So, after the Normandy invasion,
之后就是诺曼底登陆了
I decided to stay with the troops all throughout France.
我当时决定和军队一起穿过法国
I had a good life on my own.
日子很舒服
Okay, Papa.
好的 爸爸
So, this was just after the war started?
所以 那是在战争之后吗
Oh, yes, Eddie. U-boats were everywhere out there.
是的 埃迪 到处都是U型船
Nothing to stop them.
没有阻拦他们的东西
From my house in Havana, at night you’d see tankers burning out at sea.
在我家 哈瓦那的晚上 你能看见油轮在海上航行
Ooh, I wanted to get me a U-boat.
哦 我也想登上U型船
Oh, so did I. We all did, huh?
我也是 我们都是 是吧
Yeah, but you never even got close to a U-boat.
是 但你从没有靠近过一艘U型船
What do you know about it? We were the ones out there.
你知道什么 我们都曾是那上面的人
We had Pilar rigged like real Q-boat. Right, Papa?
我们把Pilar改装得像一艘真正的Q型船
Hell, yes.
是的
We had bazookas, .50-caliber machine guns, M-1 rifles,
我们有反坦克火箭筒 50口径机♥枪♥ M-步♥枪♥
Thompsons, grenades, short-fuse bombs!
汤普森冲♥锋♥枪♥ 手榴弹 短融丝炸♥弹♥
But you never saw one?
你们真的都见到过吗
We came this close. Didn’t we, remember?
我们离这些很近 是吧 记得吗
Oh, yes, on Megano de Casigua. Just off the shore.
是的 在卡西瓜岛的梅加诺上 就在岸边
But we gave that bastard a chase.
但我们当时在追那个混♥蛋♥
She took off like a pig with a pole up its posterior!
她像一只被捅了屁♥股♥的猪一样跳了起来
You’re like a bunch of schoolkids playing at war.
你们就像一群把战争当儿戏的孩子
Fucking IRS just hit me with income tax.
那个苟屁国税局的个人所得税真的打击到我了
40,000.
整整四万
Everything I had in savings after all these years.
我这些年所有的存款
They knew exactly what I had in my accounts.
那些人知道我户头上到底有多少钱
The government’s out to get me.
政♥府♥在搞我啊
For God’s sakes, stop being so paranoid.
看在上帝的份上 别这么多疑了
Fucking FBI will be after me next.
在我之后就会轮到该死的FBI了
Don’t be so ridiculous.
别表现得那么蠢
How does government taking $40,000 translate to “ridiculous”?
政♥府♥怎么会把四万美元认定为 愚蠢 ?
You’re exaggerating.
你说得太夸张了
But you always exaggerate when you’re drunk.
但你每次喝醉的时候就会夸大事实
I’m not drunk.
我没喝醉
At least not yet.
至少现在还没有
Fact is, you’re drunk.
然而事实就是 你喝醉了
If you don’t love me, Mama
如果你不爱我了 妈妈
I don’t care at all
我一点也不在乎
‘Cause I can get more womens
因为我会有更多的女人
Than a passenger train can haul
比一车皮还多
One more for the road, gentlemen.
再干一杯 先生们
We’ll drink to Operation Friendless.
让我们喝到友尽
We were the best, and we did it for free.
我们是最棒的人才 却免费做工
I’ve never seen him like this.
我以前从未见过这样的他
Yeah, well, now we have the evening to look forward to.
是啊 现在我们能够期待夜幕降临了
Well, at least he’s laughing.
好吧 至少他在笑
Well, I’m certainly not.
而我没有
How much money do you need?
你需要多少钱?
Oh, no, no, no, Papa. You don’t have to. I’m not asking.
噢 不 不 不 爸爸 你不必这么做 我不是在向你要钱
Excuse me, Ernest. Only way I can help is with cash.
对不起 欧内斯特 我只能在金钱方面帮上忙
Now tell me, how much?
现在告诉我 多少钱?
Maybe $4,000. But you got taxes. You got hit with taxes.
大概四千 但你有税 你还得交税
Don’t– Ernest, excuse me.
别–欧内斯特 不好意思
I have credits.
我有信♥用♥卡♥
Your daughter’s life. Money’s not important.
相对你女儿而言 钱并不重要
You go to New York, I’ll work it out.
你去纽约吧 我会解决问题的
Ernest?
欧内斯特?
Listen to me.
听我说
I’m your wife! Look at me!
我是你的妻子!看着我的眼睛!
I deserve a certain amount of courtesy.
我需要得到尊重
Seem to have decided that I, alone, am inaudible to you.
你大概是已经听不进去我说的话了
Why do you always wait till I’m having a good time to ruin it?
为什么你总要毁掉我的好心情?
Why are you always such a bastard?
你为什么总是那么混♥蛋♥?
I’m not trying to be a bastard.
我试着不去做一个混♥蛋♥
Well, if you’re not trying, you’re certainly making a good imitation of one.
如果你没在尝试的话 你绝对是模仿我模仿得很到位
I’m trying to enjoy!
我在试着去享受这一切!
You are rude and you are inconsiderate.
你很无礼并且不替别人着想
You insult me! On my dignity as a human being, goddamn it!
你在我身为人类的尊严上侮辱了我 该死!
You get back what you just put out.
收回你刚才说的话
What I put out?
我刚才说的话?
I went to a great deal of effort to make this a pleasant lunch for you.
我费了很大的工夫去给你做了这顿午饭
Yeah, and ruined it by being a bitch!
然后被一个婊♥子♥给毁了!
I can’t believe how much you’re like my mother.
我不敢相信你居然这么像我的母亲
I’m not like your mother!
我才不像你的母亲!
You want someone to kiss your ass,
你是想要某人去亲你的屁♥股♥
then you go back to your sweet, lovely Hadley.
然后回去找你温柔 可爱的哈德利
Why don’t you just call her up?
你为什么不给她打电♥话♥呢?
I’m sure she’ll leave her husband and come back to you.
我确信她会离开她的丈夫回来找你的
Call her up, like you do all your other whores!
给她打电♥话♥ 就像你其他的那些妓♥女♥一样!
You go to hell! I don’t need to! I’m already here!
你下地狱吧! 我不需要!我已经在地狱里了!
So why in God’s name did you marry me?
所以你究竟为什么会娶我?
Another mistake I made.
这是我犯的另一个错误
Maria. Por favor.
玛利亚 拜托
You apologize to me, or so help me God!
向我道歉 或者请求上帝原谅!
I’ll take “so help me God.”
我选择 请求上帝原谅
How do you like it now, gentlemen?
你们现在觉得怎么样 先生们?
Goddamn it.
该死
You have the feeling they’re not telling funny stories out there?
你感觉到了他们不是在说笑话吗?
Yeah, whatever it is, it seems pretty serious.
对 不管他们在说什么 看起来都很严肃
I feel like we missed something.
我感觉我们漏了什么东西
If we did, I don’t want to know about it.
如果是真的 我并不想知道到底漏了什么
Had enough for one day.
我今天已经受够了
Leaving, Luis? No, Evan. I’m going to get my bag.
你要走了 路易斯?没有 伊万 我要去拿我的包
I want to take Ernesto’s blood pressure.
我想去量一下欧内斯特的血压
It’s probably normal.
多半是正常的
A lot of killing now.
现在很多死亡事件
At night in Havana, the streets are deserted.
哈瓦那到了晚上 街上都没人了
Few tourists still come from the States, but very few.
美国来的还有一些旅客 但是很少了
Everyone is scared.
大家都吓坏了
Well, who knows? We may have to pull out of here too.
好吧 谁知道呢?我们可能也得离开这里了
So, how is it, el doctor?
怎么样 大夫?
Ernesto, you’re going to live to be a hundred.
欧内斯特 你会活到一百岁
At least a hundred.
至少一百岁
Yes, but will I still be able to make love every day and drink what I want
不错 但我还能每天做♥爱♥做的事 喝想喝的酒
and have good conversation with my friends and not bore anybody?
并且每天和朋友们谈话 不让任何人感到无聊吗?