whose parents have sadly passed on.
父母不幸去世的年轻人机构
-那个探险家呢 -谁
– Well, what about the explorer? – Who?
那个拜访过秘鲁密林的人
The man who visited us in Darkest Peru.
他说他永远欢迎我们来这里
He said we’d always be welcome.
他叫什么名字 你现在就可以去
Well, what’s his name? You could go now.
我不知道他的人类名字
Ooh, well, I don’t know his human name.
我叔叔婶婶那时还不怎么会说英语
My uncle and aunt hadn’t learnt much English back then,
所以他们总是叫他
so they always called him…
应该也不会有很多探险家去过秘鲁
There can’t be that many explorers who’ve been to Peru.
也许我们能找到他
Maybe we can find him.
连名字都不知道 劝你别抱太大希望
Without a name? I wouldn’t get your hopes up.
好了 快去把你的睡衣穿上
Right, come on, you. Pyjamas.
乔纳森
Jonathan!
用走的
Walk.
别担心 帕丁顿
Don’t worry, Paddington.
-我们会找到他的 -谢谢你
– We’ll find him. – Oh, thank you.
我们来搜搜百科全书
Let’s look in the encyclopaedia,
或者你想先洗梳一下
unless, of course, you’d like to freshen up first.
什么
I beg your pardon?
就是使用一些设施
You know, use the facilities?
大多数人在长途跋涉后都会洗梳一番
Most people do after a long journey.
如果大多数人都这样
Oh. Well, if that’s what most people do,
那我也想试试
then I’d like to do that.
-在楼上 -哦 上楼啊
– Top of the stairs. – Top of the… Ah, stairs.
好吧 你这样上楼也行
OK. You’re going that way. Got it.
-你没事吧 -没事
– Are you alright? – All good.
你好 我是温莎花♥园♥32号♥的亨利·布朗
Hello. This is Henry Brown. 32 Windsor Gardens.
我想在我的住♥宅♥保险里增加点条款
I just need to add something to my home insurance policy.
是这样 我们今晚有位客人借宿 一只熊
Well, what it is, is we have a guest for the night, a bear,
我需要在损坏险上加保 对 一只熊
and I just needed some extra cover for any da… Yes, a bear.
不 是真的熊
No, a real one.
大约一米一
About three foot six.
灰熊吗 不算是
Grizzly? Not particularly.
我也没见过他早上起床时的样子
Mind you, I haven’t seen him in the mornings.
要多少钱呢
So, how much would that be?
赶紧把门窗拴好 今晚会有暴风雨
Batten down the hatches, young ‘un. There’ll be a storm tonight.
电台说是晴天
The radio said it was clearing up.
我的膝盖告诉我的 不会错
Radio! I feel it in my knees. My knees never lie.
伯德太太 我们带了只熊回来
Guess what, Mrs. Bird! We found a bear!
-从秘鲁来的熊 -很好 亲爱的
– A real bear from Peru! – That’s nice, dear.
你好像不怎么惊讶
You don’t seem very surprised.
微波炉问世后
I gave up being surprised
我就没惊讶过了
when they came up with the microwave oven.
我还是不信任你
And I still don’t trust you.
感谢等待 您的来电
Thank you for holding. Your call is…
-适当地 -对我们来说很重要
– moderately… – important to us.
救命
Help.
他睡哪里呢
Where’s he going to sleep?
反正我房♥间不行 他是男的
Not in my room. He’s a he.
-托尼也是男的 -闭嘴
– Tony’s a he. – Shut up.
很欢迎托尼来跟我睡
And Tony would be more than welcome to a bunk-up.
-谁是托尼 -我警告你
– Who’s Tony? – I’m warning you.
-她喜欢的男生 -真的吗 亲爱的
– Just some boy she’s in love with. – No? Darling, really?
-够了 -我什么时候能见他
– That’s it! – When can I meet him?
我可以见他吗 亲爱的
Can I meet him? Darling?
没事 他可以睡我房♥间
It’s ok, he can sleep in my room.
那熊不会睡在任何人的房♥间
That bear is not sleeping in anyone’s room.
他睡阁楼 你们都给我关好房♥门
He’s going in the attic. I want you all to lock your doors.
我找不到任何去过秘鲁的英国探险家
I can’t find anything about an English explorer in Peru.
-当然找不到 -为什么
– Of course you can’t. – Why not?
根本就是他编的
He’s making the whole thing up.
就是你妈妈会相信的那种骗取同情的故事
It’s the sort of sob story your mother falls for.
-才不是呢 -哪里不是了
– Hang on. That’s not fair. – It so is fair.
你随随便便就把一只熊带回了家
You’ve literally just brought home a random bear.
-太尴尬了 -换你也会这么做的
– So embarrassing. – You’d have done the same thing.
我们比你想象得更像
We’re much more similar than you think.
-你在干什么 -暴风雨就在我们上面
– What are you doing? – The storm is upon us.
你和你的膝盖
Oh, you and your knees.
我可以实话告诉你 伯德太太
I can tell you for a fact, Mrs Bird,
室内是不会下雨的
it is not going to rain indoors.
-糟了 -这不下雨了
– Oh, no. – There she blows.
-布朗先生 你还在吗 -我在
– Mr. Brown, are you there? – Yes, hello.
可以 没问题
Yes, that sounds fine.
不用给我读条款了
No, no, no, don’t read me the terms and conditions.
我希望立即生效
I want to action this as soon as possible.
别再让我等了
Don’t put me on hold again!
帕丁顿 里面什么情况
Paddington? What is going on in there?
没事
Er, nothing.
我只是不太会用那些设施
I’m just having a spot of bother with the facilities.
对鸭子来说真是好天气
Nice weather for the ducks?
太惊人了
That was amazing.
亲爱的露西婶婶 我已到达伦敦
Dear Aunt Lucy. I have arrived in London
到目前为止一直都是阴雨天
and so far it has rained, poured, drizzled and chucked it down.
我想你了
And I miss you.
伦敦不是我们想象的那样
London is not how we imagined it.
几乎没有人戴帽子和打招呼
Hardly anyone says hello or wears hats.
你也不能在车站里
And you can no longer
随随便便找到一个家了
simply turn up at the station and get a home.
在这个陌生而又寒冷的城市里
It’s hard to see where a bear could ever belong
熊很难找到一席之地
in such a strange, cold city.
幸运的是 我遇到了布朗一家
Luckily, I met the Browns,
他们让我住在他们的阁楼上
who are letting me sleep in their attic.
他们家很漂亮
They have a lovely house,
但我不能留下
but I’m not going to be allowed to stay.
那只熊要直接送去相关机构
That animal is going straight to the authorities.
-那个探险家呢 -根本没有探险家
– What about the explorer? – There is no explorer.
我不会空等着你做些无用的搜索
I’m not putting this family in danger
而让这个家陷于危险之中
while you go on some wild-goose chase.
明天第一件事就是把那熊送走
First thing tomorrow, that bear is out of here.
布朗一家非常有趣
The Browns are a very curious tribe.
布朗先生是一位风险分♥析♥师
Mr. Brown is something called a risk analyst.
他说 家里有只熊
He says that having a bear in
会让家庭发生灾难的几率
the house increases the chances of major disaster
提升四十倍
by 4,000%.
布朗夫人是给冒险故事画插画的
Mrs. Brown illustrates adventure stories.
她最近在画以伦敦地下隧♥道♥为题材的插画
Her latest is set in the old tunnels and sewers under London.
她说她遇到瓶颈了
She says she’s stuck at the moment
因为她想象不出她的英雄该是什么样
because she can’t imagine what her hero looks like,
但她为女儿朱迪取绰号♥
but has no trouble coming
却是毫无困难
up with nicknames for her daughter Judy,
比如闪亮亮 小椰子 还有
like “Twinkle” And “Coconut” And…
流行乐小甜心
Sweety pops?
你好 亲爱的
Hello, darling.
我打算明晚去下水道
I was thinking of going to the sewers tomorrow night.
你想跟我一起去吗
I just wondered if you wanted to join me.
你可以把托尼带上
You could bring this Tony.
我为什么会想带人到马桶下面去
Why would I want to bring anyone down the toilet?
别这样 亲爱的 不是你想的那样
Come on, darling, it’s not like that.
那是个地下迷宫
It’s a subterranean labyrinth
能带你去到城市的任何角落
that can take you anywhere in the city.
那里又诡异 又臭 又尴尬
It’s weird, it smells and it’s embarrassing.
好像也是
Sure. Good point.
朱迪患有严重的
Judy suffers from a serious condition
“尴尬症”
called “Embarrassment”.
她正跟一个叫托尼的男孩交往
She is seeing a boy called Tony
却不愿带他回家
but won’t bring him home.
我什么时候能去你家
So, when can I come round your house?
永远不可能
That’s never gonna happen.
她在学中文
She is learning Chinese.
你能告诉我怎么去商业中心吗
Could you tell me the way to the central business district?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!