都是这样的
They always do.
他们开始一次探监日不来
They’ll miss one visit.
接着两次
Then two.
你反应过来以后
Before you know it,
已经无家可归了
you won’t have a home to go back to.
你错了 铁拳 大错特错
You’re wrong, Knuckles. You’re all wrong.
布朗家不是那样的
The Browns aren’t like that.
他们明天会带着好消息过来
They’ll come tomorrow and they’ll have good news.
走着瞧
You’ll see.
哪位
Hello?
我是波托贝洛快报的朱迪·布朗
It’s Judy Brown from The Portobello Express.
请进
Come in.
什么事大驾光临 亲爱的
So what’s this for, darlings?
校报吗 -对
School newspaper? – Yes.
我们觉得菲尼克斯·布坎南的经纪人会很感兴趣
We thought the agent of the Phoenix Buchanan would be really interesting.
你说得对
And you’d be right.
不过 我只有两分钟 所以最好长话短说
But I’ve got two minutes, so we better make it snappy.
我给你们时间 只是因为你们给我带了早餐
And I’ve only given you that because you’ve brought breakfast.
顺便说一句 小面包不错
Nice buns, by the way.
他来了
Here he comes.
你好 乔 真是惊喜啊
Hello, Joe. What a surprise!
你来这干嘛
What are you doing here?
送信 帕丁顿怎么样
Posting letters. How’s Paddington?
他是坚强的小熊
Oh, he’s a tough wee bear.
的确 替我问好
Yeah, he is. Well, send him my best.
我会的 谢谢 乔 -再见
I will. Thank you, Joe. – Bye.
再见
Bye-bye.
布坎南先生
Mr Buchanan.
我们什么时候才能看到布坎南重回舞台
So, when can we expect to see Mr Buchanan back on stage?
菲尼克斯 亲爱的 别抱太大希望
Phoenix? Oh, I wouldn’t hold your breath, darling.
不不不 别误会 他是个很好的演员
No, no, no, don’t get me wrong. He’s a terrific actor.
不过有点小问题 -是吗
But there is a teensy little problem. – Really?
他不愿意跟别人合作 觉得别人”降低了他的才华”
He won’t work with other people. Thinks they “Dilute his talent”.
范肖小姐
Miss Fanshaw.
我得走了
Oh, I must scoot.
我们要跟一个百老汇金牌制♥作♥人吃午饭
We’re having lunch with a big Broadway producer.
哦 你们去哪 -丽思大酒店 亲爱的
Oh, where are you going? – The Ritz, darling!
小面包真的很不错
Really nice buns.
哦 好大一箱 快进来
Well, good heavens! Come. Come.
包裹已送达
The package has been delivered.
重复 包裹已送达
Repeat. The package has been delivered.
还是巴克利治家的
Barkridge’s, no less.
我可真幸运 哦
Lucky, lucky Phoenix. Whoo!
你好 -菲尼克斯
Hello? – Phoenix.
费莉西蒂 我可真意外
Felicity! What a lovely surprise.
我还以为你把我电♥话♥号♥码忘了
I was beginning to think you’d lost my number.
我只有两分钟
I’ve got two minutes,
所以最好长话短说
so we better make it snappy.
好吧
Ok…
我们要和百老汇一位金牌制♥作♥人吃午饭
We’re having lunch with a big Broadway producer.
好消息 好啊 我们去哪
Well, wonderful news. Yes, yes! Where does one go?
丽思大酒店 亲爱的
The Ritz, darling!
我这就来
I am on my way.
顺便说一句 屁♥股♥不错
Nice buns, by the way.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
屁♥股♥真的很不错[面包和屁♥股♥ 音似]
Really nice buns.
谢谢 亲爱的
Thank you, darling.
我这翘臀可没让人失望过
I’ve never had any complaints about Mr and Mrs Botty-cheek.
搞定
Yes!
手套 钥匙
Gloves. Keys.
出门
And exit.
玛丽
Mary?
所有梦想实现的地方
Where all your dreams come true?
打开窗户
Open the window.
你好啊 亲爱的 -你疯了吗
Hello, darling. – Have you gone insane?
我知道 一定是菲尼克斯干的 我会证明给你看的
I know it’s Phoenix and I’m going to prove it.
你这是破门侵入
This is breaking and entering!
我们又没有破坏任何东西
We haven’t broken anything.
菲尼克斯怎么会偷一本立体书 他有的是钱
Why would Phoenix want to steal a pop-up book? He’s a millionaire!
你说错了 他负债累累 你看
That’s where you’re wrong. He owes money all over town. Look.
有些账单又怎样 是个人…
So he’s got a few bills. I mean, everyone…
天呐 他这么砸钱买♥♥面霜
Good grief, the man spends a lot on face cream.
他没有任何存款 快点吧
He hasn’t got a penny to his name. Now come on.
我们找到那本书就闪人
Let’s find that book and get out of here.
没戴领巾
Cravat.
怎么样 -没找到
Well? – Nothing.
我们一定漏掉了什么
We must be missing something.
或许根本不是你想的那样 现在能走了吗
Unless there’s nothing to find. Now can we please go?
瞧 亨利 -怎么了
Look, Henry. – What?
地毯
The carpet.
是 很不错 回去咱也买♥♥一块
Yes, it’s lovely. I’ll order a swatch.
抱我起来 -哦…
Give me a leg-up. – Oh…
快快快
Quick, quick, quick, quick.
好极了
Yes!
一间密室
A secret room.
只是个阁楼 -一个秘密阁楼
It’s an attic. – A secret attic.
就是个普通的阁楼
It’s an ordinary attic.
这条街上家家户户都有 我是说
Every house in the street has one. I mean, look,
这再正常不过了…
it’s just a perfectly normal…
我的天呐 他真是个怪胎
Oh, my God, he’s a weirdo.
你看 亨利 修女 小偷 国王
Look, Henry. The nun. The thief. The king.
我们猜对了
We were right!
什么 我们
Sorry. We?
嗯 我是说 我从来没…
Well, well, I mean, I, I never…
快 -下去 下去
Quick! – Get down, get down.
真是帅呆了
Quite frankly, ravishing!
有人吗
Hello?
谁在那
Who goes there?
快出来
Reveal yourself.
亨利
Henry?
你好 菲尼克斯
Hello, Phoenix.
你怎么会在这
What on earth are you doing here?
我还想问你呢
I might ask you the same thing.
我就住这 这是我家
Well, I live here. It’s my house.
我是来…确保这一点的
And I… insure it.
我们每年为白金俱乐部会员
And for our Platinum Club members,
免费做一次房♥屋检查 确保安全措施到位
we perform an annual free home inspection to verify your security arrangements.
穿睡衣检查
In your pyjamas?
和你夫人一起
With your wife?
这看起来很结实
So that all seems pretty secure.
你好啊 菲尼克斯 -玛丽
Oh, hello, Phoenix. – Mary.
我没听到你回家了 -我们忙不过来时她也会帮手
Didn’t hear you come in. – She helps out when we’re busy.
哦 这听上去挺…
Oh, well, that sounds entirely…
合理的 -是吗 好极了
plausible. – Does it? Great!
我很高兴 你家一切妥当
Well, I’m delighted to say that everything seems tickety-boo.
好极了
Wonderful.
那么 我赶紧回办公室让助手把情况记下来
So, I’ll nip back to the office and get the boys to type that up ASAP.
期待下次见面 -好啊
And we’ll hope to see you soon. – Indeed.
下次还是别穿睡衣了
Perhaps next time not in your pyjamas.
他总是粗心大意的 -再见了
He’s such a silly one. – Ciao, now.
感谢拉里 它还在这
Oh, thank Larry it’s there.
感谢拉里 庄尼 和街上所有的幽灵
Thank Larry, Johnny and all the ghosts of the avenue.
差一点就被发现了 是不是
Yeah, well, that was close, weren’t it? Eh?
太险了 -镇定点 麦克白
Too close, if you ask me. – Hold your nerve, Macbeth.
鼓起勇气 我们就快成功了
Screw your courage to the sticking place. We are so nearly there.
我跟随这位女士的指示走遍了整个伦敦
I have followed this lady through the whole of London
发现了她精心掩藏的线索
and collected every one of her clever little clues.
行吧 但它们是什么意思
Aye. But what do they mean?
只是一堆字母 对吗
It’s just a jumble of letters, ain’t it?
恰恰相反 我的朋友 它们根本不是字母
Au contraire, mon ami. Uh-uh. They are not letters at all.