There was this time, I don’t remember how old we were…
还有一次 我记不起多大了
…probably, you know, 10, 11.
可能也就十岁或十一岁
We jumped on a train…
我们跳上一辆火车
We received those packages you sent. Come in. Come in.
我们收到了你寄来的包裹 进来 进来
Martin?
马丁
Look who it is.
看看是谁来了
Oh, well, look at that.
哦 快看啊
Come here, dear.
来吧 亲爱的
So nice to see you.
很高兴见到你
He was always one for writing. Wasn’t he?
他总是喜欢写东西 对吧
Should’ve gone professional.
或许应该当个作家
No. He did it for the love of it, Martin.
不 他只是爱好罢了 马丁
Now, where is it?
现在 在哪儿
Oh, here it is.
哦 在这
“When Holly visits, take her to my fort in the back yard…
霍莉来的时候 带她去我后院的小城♥堡♥
…and give her this envelope. ”
把那个信封给她
He knew that I’d come visit you?
他知道我会来看你们吗
Hmm. Suppose he did. Heh. Martin.
嗯 看来是的 马丁
All right.
好的
It’s not really a fort, it’s just a stone wall.
并不是真正的城♥堡♥ 只是些石头砌的墙
He used to call it that when he was little.
他小时候喜欢叫他城♥堡♥
He goes on about other things…
对此总是喜欢说个不停
…lovely things.
说那些有趣的事情
He hadn’t much strength in the end though, did he?
但最后他也没力气说了 对吧
Makes me sick to think we weren’t there when he died…
想到他临终前 我们却不在他身边
…for the funeral.
我们感到很伤心
But you could hardly walk just after your operation.
但你刚做完手术 不能走动
Maybe you’ll come and visit us a bit more now that he’s gone, eh?
你以后会常来看我们的对吧
Martin, don’t put that on her.
马丁 不要逼她
You’re under no obligation.
你没有义务这样做
It’s not like we’re blood family.
我们不是直系亲属
I’d like to come visit.
我会来的
And I’m sorry we didn’t in the past. L…
以前我们没常来看你们 十分抱歉
I just thought you were angry with me for taking Gerry away.
我以为你们会因为我抢走杰瑞而生我的气
She wanted you dead, you know. Martin, don’t you dare!
她恨死你了 马丁 不准乱讲
No, I don’t blame you.
不 我没责怪你们
You know, my mother, she never quite got over the idea either.
我妈也是这样的
Yeah, well, you were both so young. And it happened too fast.
你们都太年轻了 事情总是发生的太快
But Gerry loved you. I saw that.
但杰瑞是爱你的 我知道
I saw that.
我知道的
To my Galway Girl: You’re an angel for seeing my folks.
致我的戈尔韦女孩:你能来看我的家人真好
I told you my mom didn’t hate your guts. Well, you know, anymore.
我早说过 我妈并不恨你 应该说 不恨了
You are now standing in my fort where I did all my big thinking.
你现在站的地方是我以前做白日梦的地方
This is where I stood thinking about you after the very first time we met.
也是我第一次遇见你后 整日整夜思念你的地方
You didn’t look real to me at first.
刚开始我觉得你的出现是一种幻觉
I never saw so many colors on one girl before…
我从没见过一个这么多彩的女孩
…but you looked like you belonged out there, all right.
但你似乎不属于这里
You and all your colors.
你和你的色彩
Do you remember the first thing you ever said to me?
你还记得你和我说的第一句话吗
I’m lost.
我迷路了
Oh, you didn’t look lost, not to me.
你不像是迷路 对我来说不是
So, what are you looking for out here?
你在想去那儿呢
Wicklow Mountains National Park?
威克洛国家森林公园
Wicklow Mountains National Park. Tell me, how long you been walking for?
威克洛国家森林公园 能告诉我你走了多久
A few hours.
几个小时吧
Well, you’ve probably been in the national park for a few hours, then.
那你已经在国家公园里好几个小时了
Oh, my God.
天啊
This is a park?
这是公园吗
Uh-huh.
是啊
It’s so cold!
好冷啊
The paper said it was gonna be warm.
报纸说今天很暖和的
It is warm. I know you’re lost, but you do know you’re in Ireland, don’t you?
很暖和啊 我知道你迷路了 但你知道你现在在爱尔兰吗
Well, I better head back. Heh.
我要回去了
And where is that? I’m staying at a B and B in Dunlougahairy.
你住哪 我住在在邓朗格海丽的民宿
Dunlagohairy? No, I think you mean Dún Laoghaire.
邓朗格海丽吗 我想应该是邓莱利
Hehheh. You’re kidding? No. Would I lie to you?
开玩笑吧 没有啊 为什么要骗你
Dún Laoghaire? Dún Laoghaire.
邓莱利吗 邓莱利
Okay. Thanks.
好 谢谢
You’re grand.
不客气
But you’re going the wrong way, you know.
但你走错方向了
That way?
那边吗
Okay.
好吧
I think you quite enjoy this getting lost, don’t you?
迷路还这么开心吗
You know, actually, I don’t mind so much, not here.
事实上 我也不介意啊
So how did you come to be here?
你怎样来这的
Oh, on my way home, college trip. We started in Greece.
这是我的大学旅行 起点是希腊 我一路玩回家
Jesus, that’s a long walk. That’s a bad joke.
天啊 漫长的旅程 开玩笑了
What are you studying?
你学什么
Art. Yeah. Art?
艺术 艺术吗
Oh, so you’re an artist, then? Oh. I don’t know yet.
你以后会做个艺术家吗 还不知道呢
That’s great.
很好
Do you make anything or?
你有作品什么的吗
I don’t know yet.
还不知道呢
Well, good luck with that.
那祝你好运
You…

Would you mind if we walked together since we’re going in the same direction?
我也走这个方向 你介意我们一道走吗
I’ll stay on this side of the road. Don’t even have to talk. Just…
我在路的这边走 不会和你说话的
Just quite nice, sometimes walking along with someone without talking…
有时候静静地陪着别人走的感觉很好
…once you get your feet wet.
直到找到感觉
At first, the no-talking thing didn’t last.
起先 我们没有说话
Before long, I couldn’t get you to shut up.
但不一会 我都没法让你停止说话了
But you were so cute, trying to impress me with William Blake and all your grand plans.
你太可爱了 用你的理想和威廉 布莱克的诗歌♥打动了我
I had no idea what you were talking about…
我完全听不懂你在说什么
…but I couldn’t help loving the way you talked.
但我忍♥不住爱上你说话的样子
“I must create a… ”
我一定要创造一个
Something. “… or be enslaved by another man’s… ” Something.
东西 或者臣服于什么东西
Wait, “I will not…
等等 “我不会…”
I will not reason or compare.
我不会去推理或是去比较
My business is to create… ”
我要做的就是
Something. Oh, God. Did you just make that up then?
创造什么东西 天哪 这是你的作品吗
No, it’s William Blake, but I completely screwed it up.
不 是威廉 布莱克的 我背不下来了
No, you didn’t, you made it better. I understood it.
没有 你的更好 我能听懂
I didn’t have a clue, actually.
事实上 我根本不知道你在说什么
All I know is, if you don’t figure out the “something,” you’ll just stay ordinary.
据我所知 如果你不去创造的话 你就会平淡无奇
And it doesn’t matter if it’s a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks.
不管是一件艺术品 还是一个玉米卷 或是一双袜子
Just create something new and there it is.
总之要创造些新的东西就是了
And it’s you, out in the world, outside of you.
就像是你自己 跳出了整个世界 超脱了自己
And you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it…
你能看见到它 听见到它 读到它 感觉它…
…and you know a little bit more about you.
更加了解自己
A little bit more than anybody else does.
比其他人更了解你自己
Does that make any sense at all?
你明白我说的吗
Yeah.
明白
You’re saying you want to paint socks.
你说你想画双袜子
Maybe.
也许吧
I loved you right then and there.
此时此刻我爱上了你
Hey, I like this jacket.
我喜欢这件外套
It looks good on you. Got it on a bet.
你穿着很好看 这是我打赌赢回来的
What was the bet? Heh.
怎么个赌法
I was a few Guinness’s for the worse at this point…
当时我喝了些吉尼斯酒
…but a fella bet me that I couldn’t get a certain girl…
一个小伙和我打赌 在没有调逗过那个女孩的前提下
…to kiss me without a provocation.
我不可能让她自愿吻我
What girl? His girl.
是个什么女孩 他女朋友
Oh! Haha. Uhhuh. Haha.
天哪 哈哈 哈哈
How’d you do it? There’s nothing to it, really.
你怎么做到的 其实什么都不需要做
A fella just has to tell a woman the truth without words.
男人无需言语就能表达真心给女人
It’s like a signal you send out.
就像你发送一个信♥号♥♥
The woman, she just picks it up.
女人就会收到
And what’s the truth?
那你表达的真心是什么呢
That kissing her would be the end of life as I know it.
吻她 就是我一生中最大的渴求
And that’s true of every girl you’ve gotten to kiss you?
每个女孩被你吻的都是这样吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!