– Jeepers, Lou. – Whoa.
天啊,亲爱的
Yeah, jeepers is the word there, hon.
– 我从来没见过这种东西 – 天,好大啊
– I’ve never seen anything like this. – Man, that’s big.
– 究竟是什么东西? – 西斯,不要!
– What is this thing? – Heather, no!
– 我好怕 – 我也是,妈妈
– I’m scared. – Me too, Mama.
没什么,这只是… 露,这是什么东西?
It’s OK, it’s just a… What is this thing, Lou?
我…这个…它是…沃恩?
I… Well, it’s a… It’s… Verne?
嗯,这个…很明显…
Well, it’s… it’s obviously…
…大概是矮树丛?
…some kind of bush?
要是知道这是什么东西 我会稍微不害怕些
I’d be less afraid of it if I just knew what it was called.
– 叫它斯蒂文好了! – 斯蒂文?
– Let’s call it Steve! – Steve?
– 这名字不错 – 斯蒂文听上去不错
– It’s a pretty name. – Steve sounds nice.
– 我现在不怎么害怕了 – 哦,伟大强壮的斯蒂文
– I’m a lot less scared of Steve. – Oh, great and powerful Steve!
– 你想要什么呢? – 我觉得它不会说话
– What do you want? – I don’t think it can speak.
年轻人,我听到了
I heard that, young man!
– 你现在马上给我过来! – 好吧
– You get over here right now! – OK.
哈米,回来
Hammy, get back here.
– 斯蒂文生气了! – 那声音是从斯蒂文的另一边传过来的
– Steve is angry! – It came from the other side of Steve.
我是说矮木丛,天啊!
I mean the bush. I mean… Jeez!
只有一个办法可行了
There’s only one way we’re gonna find out what this thing is,
我过去看看究竟这是怎么一回事
and what this is all about. I’m gonna go check it out.
斯蒂文吃了沃恩!
Steve ate Verne!
好了,斯蒂文 这可是你自找的
All right, Steve, you brought this on yourself.
斯塔娜,不要! 我没事,只是绊倒了
Stella, don’t! I’m not eaten, I just tripped.
现在我就过去 大家都呆在原地别动
I’m gonna go over there. Just don’t anybody move.
孩子们,快点,你们要迟到了!
Kids, come on, hurry up! You’ll be late!
这是什么地方?
What is this place?
嘿,小…
Oh, hey there, little…
…家伙
…fella.

Hi.
哇,哇,哇,哇,哇!
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!
接线员,有什么可以帮忙的吗?
Operator. Can I help you?
没事,现在讲没问题,我只是在开车
No, I can talk. I’m just driving.
沃恩回来了
Verne’s back.
– 沃恩! – 天啊!
– Verne! – Jeepers!
– 你没事吧? – 帮他一把
– You OK? – Help him up.
– 那边有什么东西? – 奇怪的粉红色灵长类动物!
– What was over there? – Freaky pink primates!
他们一定是在我们冬眠的时候来的 太可怕了
They must have come while we were hibernating. It was awful.
他们脚上长着轮子,还有那些长棍
They had wheels on their feet and these sticks, and they were
他们用长棍抽打我 就好像是在玩什么恶心人的游戏
whacking me with these sticks like it was some sort of sick game.
你应该装死的! 你应该倒在地上装死的!
You should have died! You should have laid down and died.
– 爸 – 这还不是最可怕的
– Dad. – That’s not the worst part.
最可怕的是大半个森林都消失了!
Half the forest is gone.
橡树和浆果树…
The oak trees and the berry bushes,
他们都… 他们都不见了
they’re just… they’re just gone.
老天啊
Jeepers.
那我们的食物怎么办?
What’ll we do for food?
我们可怎么活下去?
How are we gonna live?
我不知道 但是我知道的是…
I don’t know. But here’s what I do know.
只要我们不再到斯蒂文的另一边去 我们就不会有事的
We will be fine as long as no one goes over Steve again.
那东西叫树篱 没什么可怕的,我的两栖类朋友们
It’s called a hedge, and it is not to be feared, my amphibious friend.
它是通向美好生活的大门
It is the gateway to the good life.
事实上,我是爬行类
I’m a reptile, actually.
不过,大家常犯这种错误
But, you know, it’s a common mistake.
你是?
And you are?
我这是没礼貌啊,我叫RJ
Where are my manners. I’m RJ.
别认为我这人爱偷听 我只是无意中听到你们的
Don’t think I’m prying, but I couldn’t help overhearing,
我想我能帮你们搞明白 这些树篱到底是怎么回事
and I can shed a little light on what this whole hedge situation is about.
以前的那片荒地
You see, what was once mere wilderness
现在已经改造成了54英亩 整洁的带空调系统的天堂
is now 54 acres of man-made, manicured, air-conditioned paradise.
当然除了这一小片 你们现在的位置就是这里
Except for that little-bitty speck. You are here.
别怕,这是好事 你们都是冬眠动物,是不是?
No, no, that’s a good thing. You’re hibernators, right?
你们为了过冬而储存食物,对吧?
You gather food, store it for the winter?
– 我们会填原木 – 哈米
– We fill the log! – Hammy.
真的?这个原木? 这个象洞穴一样的原木?
Really? This log? This cave-like log?
– 一直完完全全的填满这个原木 – 奥齐
– All the way to the top. – Ozzie.
大概要多长时间?
Let me ask ya, how long’s it take?
– 我是说,多长时间才能填满? – 274天
– You know, to fill the log? – Two hundred and seventy-four days.
– 有没有试过一周就填完? – 那不可能
– Ever done it in a week? – That’s impossible.
我们一起干就可能
Not if we work together.
你们有聚集食物的本领 我有聪明的大脑
You’ve got the food gathering skills, I’ve got the know-how,
– 他们则有我们需要的食物! – 多少食物?
– and they have the food! – How much food?
好多好多,不计其数的食物
Loads of food. Heaps of food. Food out the wazoo!
不管是什么样的食物
Well, whatever kind of food comes out of a wazoo,
我们都不感兴趣
I don’t think we’re interested in eating.
我不知道 但是我觉得这家伙说的有道理
I don’t know, the guy’s making a lot of sense to me.
– 我觉得我们该听听他说的 – 对啊,我对那些食物也有兴趣
– I think we should listen. – Yeah, I’m OK with wazoo food there.
不行,我的尾巴现在正痛呢
No, you’re not. The tail is tingling.
– 你怎么不早说? – 等一下,等一下,那是什么意思?
– Why didn’t you say so? – Hold on, hold on. The what is what?
当有不详的事情降临时,我的尾巴就会痛
When something doesn’t feel right, my tail tingles. Let me tell you,
目前为止,你说的每一句话 都叫我的尾巴疼痛不止
everything you’ve said so far is driving my tail crazy.
听我说,沃恩 没什么可担心的
Listen. Verne, right? This isn’t something you need to be afraid of.
我就是担心,而且事出有因
Well, I am. And for good reason.
这可不是胎记
This is not a birthmark.
那是因为没有人引导你 你一个人过去那边的
That’s because you went over there without a guide.
多谢你的好意 我们不感兴趣
Thanks for stopping by. We’re not interested.
你对世界上最美味的食物不感兴趣?
Not interested in the most delicious food you’ve ever tasted?
– 没错! – 别这样
– No! – Come on.
不感兴趣!
Not interested!
好吧,我明白了
OK. I get it.
我明白了 这是你们从来没有尝过的东西
I understand. This is something that you’re just not open to.
哇!
Whoa!
– 哦,天啊 – 老天爷啊
– Oh, my! – Jeepers.
那是什么东西?
What is that?
伙计,这是魔幻的玉米粉化合物
That, my friend, is a magical combination of corn flour,
无水固体奶酪 水杨酸,抗氧剂还有古胺酸钠
dehydrated cheese solids, BHA, BHT and good old MSG,
简言之就是薯片,烤干酪味的
a.k.a., the chip. Nacho cheese flavor.
– 这里,给我来一片 – 再来点,再来点
– Over here! Toss me one of those! – More please! More.
沃恩,这些味道好极了
Yeah, Verne, those were good!
都是好东西! 我们今晚上就过那边去找食物!
It’s all good. And we’re going over there. Tonight!
好啊!
Yeah!
欢迎光临!
Welcome to suburbia.
欢迎光临
Welcome to suburbia.
– 哇! – 看那边!
– Wow! – Look at that!
嘿,妈,看我们,看我们
Hey, Mom, look at us! Look at us!
哦,天啊,亲爱的,看看这个
Oh, my! Hon, look at this.
老天爷啊
Jeepers.
沃恩,你的尾巴感觉怎么样?
How’s that tail, Verne?
你给我听好,要是这个家里有一个人受伤 你就要负责任
Listen, if anybody in this family gets hurt, I’m holding you responsible.
他们都玩的很开心 这个我可以负责
They’re having a good time. I’ll take responsibility for that.
– 真干净 – 看那个
– This is neat. – Look at that.
– 嘿,斯派克,你瞧那个 – 嘿,沃恩
– Hey, Spike, look at that. – Hey, Verno,
我做了一个小比较
I took a few clippings out of my quills to do a little comparison.
你看,这边的草看起来比我们那边的要绿些
Look at this, the grass seems to be greener over here.
沃恩,你早上来的是这个地方吗?
Verne, are you certain you came to the same place?
对啊,浣熊说…
Yeah, ’cause the raccoon says…
好了,够了,我都明白了
OK, enough about him. I get it.
他懂一些诀窍,但是别把他当圣人 我是说,他又不会在水上行走
So he can do a couple of tricks. I mean, it’s not like he can walk on water.
嘿,伙计们,食物在这边!
Hey, everybody! This way to the food!
– 这东西好大! – 是什么啊?
– That thing’s huge! – What is that?
这是辆汽车 人类会开着它到处跑
That is an SUV. Humans ride around in it
人类已经慢慢丧失他们行走的能力了
because they are slowly losing their ability to walk.
– 老天啊,这东西好大! – 里面能坐多少人?
– Jeepers, it’s so big! – How many humans fit in there?
通常情况下?一个人
Usually? One.
嗨,我是格兰迪斯夏普 你们的主席
Hi, this is Gladys Sharp. Your president?
私人房♥屋协会的主席,对,就是我
Of the homeowner’s association? Right.
– 老天爷啊 – 那是什么东西?
– Jeepers. – What is that?
别担心,别担心 那只是个人类
Easy, easy, don’t worry. That’s just a human being.
他们就像我们怕他们一样的怕我们
And they are just as scared of us as we are of them.
如果人类看到了你,就躺下
Now, if a human does happen to see you, just lay down,
打个滚,舔舔你的屁♥股♥就行了 他们就喜欢看我们那样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!