Remember? You used to have a good memory. Whatever happened to it?
-我没拿到钱 -不是那一万块
-I didn’t collect. -Not the 10 grand.
我可以给你一个提示
I can give you a tip.
你告诉惠特我们在哪里 他可能会给你10块钱
You tell Whit where we are, he might slip you a sawbuck.
杰夫
Jeff.
他不打算告诉惠特任何事情
He isn’t going to tell Whit anything.
当然了 你只要拿出那四万块钱 我们就又是朋友了
Sure not. You just come up with that 40 grand, and we’re all pals again.
-我甚至可能给你分一杯羹 -没有什么四万块钱
-I might even cut you in for a piece of it. -There isn’t any 40 grand.
当然 惠特的心胸很宽广
Of course Whit’s broad-minded.
他不在乎肚子上的几颗子弹
He don’t care about a few slugs in the stomach…
还是那女人带着四万块钱离开
or the 40 grand the dame went off with…
甚至是杰夫假装工作很难办
or even Jeff pretending he fell down on the job.
但你和杰夫混在一起 他可能不喜欢这样
But you and Jeff ganging up together, he might not like that.
告诉他 凯西
Tell him, Kathie.
好吧 我射伤了他
Sure, I shot him.
我不后悔
I’m not sorry about that.
但我没拿他的钱
But I didn’t take his money.
-你走吧 -你看看周围
-Beat it. -Look at all the angles.
你了解惠特 你知道他的手能伸多远
You know Whit and you know how far he can reach.
所以你只要给我钱 我就闭嘴 但要给现金
So just pay me off and I’m quiet, but use cash.
别以为把这个转手过来的女人给我 就算付钱了
Don’t try to pay me off with pitch handed to you by this cheap piece of baggage.
我正希望你能这样做
I was hoping you’d do this.
-你没必要杀他 -有必要
-You didn’t have to kill him. -Yes, I did.
你不会杀了他 你会把他打一顿 然后把他扔出去
You wouldn’t have killed him. You would’ve beaten him up and thrown him out.
-你没有必要这么做 -你不会杀了他
-You didn’t have to do it. -You wouldn’t have killed him.
他就会和我们作对 然后去找惠特
He’d have been against us, gone to Whit.
我把他埋在那里了
I buried him up there.
我并不为他遗憾 也不对她感到伤心
I wasn’t sorry for him or sore at her.
我什么都不觉得
I wasn’t anything.
-你之后还见过她吗 -没有
-Did you ever see her again? -No.
你想去见她吗
Did you want to?
不想
No.
好吧 我告诉过你这不是一个好故事
Well, I told you it wasn’t a nice story.
而我曾经说过 不管发生了什么 都已经结束了
And I said once that whatever had happened was done.
是啊 我早该告诉你的
Yeah, but you should’ve known about it long ago.
没关系 我理解
It’s all right. I understand.
全都是过去的事情了
And it’s all past.
也许不是呢
Maybe it isn’t.
-会出什么事 -我不知道
-What’ll happen? -I don’t know.
已经过了很长时间了 我不知道他了解多少
It’s been a long time. I don’t know how much he knows.
别去 杰夫
Don’t go, Jeff.
我必须去 我已经厌倦了逃跑 我得想办法解决这件事
I’ve got to. I’m tired of running. I gotta clean this up some way.
只有一件事 安
Just one thing, Ann.
你希望我回来吗
Do you want me to come back?
当然
Of course.
放你兜里
Put that in your pocket.
看看谁来了
Look who’s here.
你好 马卡姆 很高兴再次见到你
Hello, Markham. Glad to see you again.
我一直想知道你是否想念我
I always wondered if you missed me.
啊 还是老样子 不受时间影响 不受天气影响
Ah. Same guy. Time-proof, weatherproof.
-要烟吗 -给你点烟
-Cigarette? -Smoking.
-谢了 吃早饭了吗 -没
-Thanks. Had breakfast? -No.
乔 告诉那孩子我们有客人了
Joe, tell the boy we have a guest.
话说 我知道你在经营一个小加油站
Say, I understand you’re operating a little gasoline station.
-你说得好像这很难理解 -是的
-You say it like it’s hard to understand. -Well, it is.
很简单 我卖♥♥汽油 赚了点小钱
It’s very simple. I sell gasoline. I make a small profit.
我用这些钱买♥♥菜 杂货店就有了利润
With that I buy groceries, the grocer makes a profit.
人们称之为谋生 你可能在什么地方听说过这个词
They call it earning a living. You may have heard of it somewhere.
我可能听到过 但不是从你这里
I may have, but it wasn’t from you.
-我不是故意要伤害你的感情 -我的感情
-I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, Whit. -My feelings?
十年前 我把它们藏在某个地方 一直没能找到它们
Ten years ago, I hid them somewhere and I haven’t been able to find them.
你去哪里找了
Where did you look?
在我的钱包里
In my pocketbook.
很好啊 对吗
Nice, isn’t it?
是的 它一定让你损失了一些感情
Yeah, it must have set you back a few shells.
总是在担心我的支出
Always worrying about my expenses.
这是个不错的风景 我是来欣赏它的吗
It’s a nice view. Am I here to admire it?
不光是
Not exactly.
我需要你的帮助
I need your help.
像以前一样
Like old times.
我一直喜欢你
I always liked you.
你喜欢我是因为你可以利用我
You liked me because you could use me.
你可以利用我是因为我很聪明
You could use me because I was smart.
我已经不聪明了 我都经营一个加油站了
I’m not smart anymore. I run a gas station.
我喜欢这样的风景
I like the view.
你还能听话吗
Can you still listen?
我能听见你说话
I can hear.
好吧 你告诉我你的生意
Well, you told me about your business.
我的生意更危险 而且我的收入要高得多
Well, mine is a little more precarious, and I earn considerably more.
有所耳闻
So I’ve heard.
政♥府♥也有所耳闻了
So has the government.
好 这可能听起来很荒谬 你可以给他们钱
Well, this may sound ridiculous, but you could pay them.
-那会违背我的本性 -好吧,就当我没说过
-That would be against my nature. -All right, forget I said it.
所以我与某位了解这些事情的人合作
So I collaborated with a certain man who understands these things.
他为我省下了相当多的钱 一百万美元
He saved me quite a bit of money, $1 million dollars.
我不是特别信任他 所以我给了他很高的报酬 但是
I didn’t particularly trust him, so I paid him well, but…
他现在不满意了
he’s unhappy.
-他想要更多的钱 -他为你节省了很多啊
-He wants more money. -Well, he saved you a lot.
我很感激 我总是记得任何人为我所做的一切
Oh, I appreciate it. I always remember what any man did for me.
或是没做到的
Or didn’t.
也许吧 关键是 现在他想要二十万
Perhaps. The point is that now he wants 200,000.
或者他告发你 他就可以从政♥府♥那里得到一百万的百分之十
Or he could get 10 percent of the million from the government, if he turns you in.
你很懂这些事情的门道啊
Oh. You’re up on these things.
-他有什么可以交易的吗 -他有所得税的记录
-Has he got anything to trade? -Well, he has the income tax records.
但我不明白为什么我应该自己去收买♥♥他们
But I don’t see why I should buy them
因为我能说服你去收买♥♥他们
when I might persuade you to get them.
-然后那些人就听我的了 -我知道
-Then I’d have them. -I know.
我能相信你
But I can trust you.
我不认为你可以相信任何人 你知道的
You know, I don’t think you can trust anybody.
你最好亲自去
You better go in there and get them yourself.
-我希望你去 -算了吧
-I’d rather you did it. -I pass.
你不喜欢这样吗
You don’t like it?
不 我只是无法离开我的生意
No, I just can’t get away from my business.
嗯 这是个不错的风景
Well, it’s a nice view.
我们来吃点早餐吧
Let’s have some breakfast.
你还记得凯西吗
You remember Kathie, don’t you?
我记得凯西
Yeah, I remember Kathie.
请坐
Sit down.
凯西现在回来了
Kathie’s back in the fold now.
-你也回来了 杰夫 -我明白你的意思
-You’re back in the fold too, Jeff. -I see what you mean.
你看 杰夫 你欠我的
You see, Jeff, you owe me something.
除非你能正视自己 否则你永远不会快乐
You’ll never be happy until you square yourself.
你向他袒露心声了吗 凯西
Did you bare your heart to him, Kathie?
我没办法了 杰夫
I couldn’t help it, Jeff.
-好的 问题解决了 -解决了吗
-Well, that settles things. -Does it?
你在为我工作
You’re working for me.
我跟你说的这个人 他的名字叫伦纳德·埃尔斯
This man I told you about, his name is Leonard Eels…
但是 你不能直接去找他
but, uh, you won’t go to him directly.
他有一个他相当喜欢的秘书
He has a secretary that he’s rather fond of.
她的名字是梅塔·卡森 你会发现她很迷人
Her name is Meta Carson. You’ll find her charming.
她甚至可能觉得你很有魅力
She may even find you charming.
我知道女人有魅力
I understand that women have.
她会告诉你怎么办事的
She’ll tell you how it’s lined up.
你 知道旧金山吗
You, uh, know San Francisco, don’t you?
知道 我在那里参加过一次聚会
Yeah, I was there once at a party.
-那你就知道路了 -就像猴子和黄鼠狼一样
-Then you get around. -Like the monkey and the weasel.
我们今天下午会把你送上火车
We’ll put you on a train this afternoon.
-现在 我想去睡一觉 -找乔 他会带你到你的房♥间
-Right now, I’d like to get some sleep. -Find Joe. He’ll show you to your room.
也不要开始担心
And don’t start worrying.
我为什么要担心
Why should I?
(亲爱的 我要去旧金山了)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!