除非你能分享它 否则世界上没有任何东西是好的
Nothing in the world is any good unless you can share it.
也许你应该回家了
Maybe you ought to go home.
也许这就是我在这里的原因
Maybe that’s why I’m here.
是吗
Is it?
话说 何塞·罗德里格斯这样的人哪里都有
Well, there’s always José Rodriguez.
如果太孤单 街边有一个叫帕布罗的小酒馆
If it gets too lonely, there’s a cantina down the street called Pablo’s.
它很好 很安静 那里的人演奏美国音乐 只要一美元
It’s nice and quiet. The man there plays American music for a dollar.
啜饮波旁酒 闭上眼睛 这就像第56街的一个小地方
Sip bourbon and shut your eyes. It’s like a little place on 56th Street.
我会戴上我的耳环的
I’ll wear my earrings.
我有时会去那里
I sometimes go there.
(西部联盟电报 墨西哥分公♥司♥)
我去给惠特发电报 说我找到了她
I went to send a wire to Whit that I’d found her…
但是电报局因午休关闭
but the telegraph office was closed for the siesta.
我很高兴 我瞬间就明白为什么了
I was glad it was, and I suddenly knew why.
那天晚上我去了帕布罗小酒馆
I went to Pablo’s that night.
我知道我每天晚上都会去 直到她出现
I knew I’d go every night until she showed up…
我知道她也这样想
and I knew she knew it.
我坐在那里 啜饮波旁酒 闭上眼睛
I sat there and drank bourbon, and I shut my eyes…
但我完全想象不出第56街
but I didn’t think of a joint on 56th Street.
我知道我在哪里 我在做什么
I knew where I was and what I was doing.
我只是觉得我是个傻瓜
I just thought what a sucker I was.
我甚至知道她在第一晚不会来
I even knew she wouldn’t come the first night…
但我坐在那里 无聊并等待着
but I sat there, grinding it out.
但第二天晚上我知道她会出现
But the next night I knew she’d show.
她一直等到天色已晚
She waited until it was late…
然后她从月光中走了进来 面带微笑
and then she walked in out of the moonlight, smiling.
-这真是个巧合 -是的 就是这样
-Well, this is a coincidence. -Yes, it is.
-美国的音乐 -你知道 我已经在这里待了两个晚上了
-American music. -You know, I’ve been here for two nights.
-一直在思考 -不 只是等待
-Thinking? -No, just waiting.
我并不孤独
I haven’t been lonely.
-波旁酒 -如你所愿
-Bourbon? -As you suggested.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
我已经在这里坐了三个小时了
I’ve been sitting here for three hours.
我以为这家伙会以《忧郁的宝贝》开场
I thought the guy was gonna break out with “Melancholy Baby.”
你知道吗 你是个好奇心很强的人
You know, you’re a curious man.
你会让你遇到的每一个人都有一点好奇心
You’re gonna make every guy you meet a little bit curious.
我不是这个意思 你不问问题
That’s not what I mean. You don’t ask questions.
你甚至不问我叫什么名字
You don’t even ask me what my name is.
好吧 你叫什么名字
All right, what’s your name?
凯西
Kathie.
-我喜欢这个名字 -也不问我来自哪里
-I like it. -Or where I come from.
我在思考我们要去哪里
I’m thinking about where we’re going.
-你不喜欢这里的环境吗 -我只是还没准备好安顿下来
-Don’t you like it in here? -I’m just not ready to settle down.
要我带你到别的地方去吗
Shall I take you somewhere else?
你会发现带我去任何地方都非常容易
You’re gonna find it very easy to take me anywhere.
你知道 我是一个比何塞·罗德里格斯好得多的向导
You know, I’m a much better guide than José Rodriguez.
想试试我吗
Wanna try me?
-不是这么玩的 -为什么
-That isn’t the way to play. -Why not?
-因为这不是获胜的方法 -有办法吗
-Because it isn’t the way to win. -Is there a way?
有一种方法可以让你输得更慢
There’s a way to lose more slowly.
-我更喜欢这样 -扔注吧
-I prefer it like that. -Chunk it in.
-你不喜欢赌博吗 -不喜欢对着轮盘赌
-Don’t you like to gamble? -Not against a wheel.
告诉我为什么你这么难伺候
Tell me why you’re so hard to please.
带我去一个我可以告诉你的地方
Take me where I can tell you.
好的 来吧
All right, come on.
等一下
Wait a minute.
你什么时候带我回去
When are you taking me back?
这是你吻我的原因吗
Is that why you kissed me?
不是
No.
惠特没死
Whit didn’t die.
-他没死 -对
-He didn’t? -No.
-那为什么 -他就想让你回去
-Then why… -He just wants you back.
我恨他
I hate him.
-我很遗憾他没死 -再多等些时日吧
-I’m sorry he didn’t die. -Give him time.
你要带我回去了
You are taking me back.
不着急
There’s no hurry.
昨晚我本可以逃走的
I could have run away last night.
那我就去找你
I’d find you.
是的 我相信你会的
Yes, I believe you would.
这样做你高兴吗
Are you glad you did?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我知道
I am.
-有件关于4万美元的小事 -我没拿
-There was a little business about $40,000. -I didn’t take it.
你怎么知道钱是被拿走的
How’d you know it was taken?
你就是这意思
It’s what you meant.
我不想要他的任何东西 或者跟他扯上任何关系
I don’t want anything of his or any part of him.
-除了他的命 -我不知道我当时在做什么
-Except his life. -I didn’t know what I was doing.
我什么都不知道 只知道我有多恨他
I didn’t know anything, except how much I hated him.
但我什么都没拿
But I didn’t take anything.
我没拿 杰夫
I didn’t, Jeff.
你不相信我吗
Won’t you believe me?
宝贝 我不关心
Baby, I don’t care.
我从未在白天见过她 我们似乎生活在夜晚
I never saw her in the daytime. We seemed to live by night.
白天剩下的东西 就像你抽的一包烟一样消失了
What was left of the day went away like a pack of cigarettes you smoked.
我不知道她住在哪里 我从未跟踪过她
I didn’t know where she lived. I never followed her.
我所拥有的 只是一个能再次见到她的地点和时间
All I ever had to go on was a place and time to see her again.
我不知道我们在等待什么 也许我们认为世界会结束
I don’t know what we were waiting for. Maybe we thought the world would end.
可能我们觉得这只是一场梦
Maybe we thought it was a dream…
而我们会在尼亚加拉瀑布前 从宿醉醒来
and we’d wake up with a hangover in Niagara Falls.
我给惠特发了电报 但我没有告诉他
I wired Whit, but I didn’t tell him.
我在阿卡普尔科 我说 我希望你也在这里
“I’m in Acapulco, ” I said, “I wish you were here.”
而且每天晚上我都去见她
And every night I went to meet her.
我怎么知道她会不会出现 我不知道
How did I know she’d ever show up? I didn’t.
是什么阻止了她乘船去智利或危地马拉 没有什么
What stopped her from taking a boat to Chile or Guatemala? Nothing.
你能成为多大的傻瓜 我正在寻找答案
How big a chump can you get to be? I was finding out.
然后她来了 就像刚放学一样
And then she’d come along like school was out…
然后其他一切 都只是你在海上航行时遇到的一块石头
and everything else was just a stone you sailed at the sea.
-我不知道你这么娇小 -我比拿破仑还高
-I didn’t know you were so little. -I’m taller than Napoleon.
你也比他漂亮
You’re prettier too.
-你想我吗 -我的眼神已经表现得很想了
-Did you miss me? -No more than I would my eyes.
我们今晚该去哪里
Where should we go tonight?
去我的住处吧
Let’s go to my place.
这是她第一次提到她的住处 或是去那里
It was the first time she had mentioned her place or going there.
也许她已经决定了什么 或是因为天空看起来要下大雨
Maybe she’d decided something, or it was because the sky looked full of rain.
那是一个不错的小地方 有竹制家具和墨西哥的摆设
It was a nice little joint with bamboo furniture and Mexican gimcracks.
点着一盏小灯 一切都好
One little lamp burned. It was all right.
雨水像这样敲打着窗户 让人觉得在屋里很舒服
And the rain hammering like that on the window made it good to be in there.
接着
Here.
嘿 别太使劲
Hey, hey, not so hard.
-现在该你了 -别 乔 不用了
-Now yours. -No, Joe, it’s all right.
-来吧 -别使劲 杰夫 我的耳环
-Oh, come on. -No, not so hard, Jeff. My earring.
嘘 我正在努力擦干♥你♥的头发
Hush! I’m trying to dry your hair.
你跟我走吗
Are you going with me?
去哪里
Where?
-走到哪里算哪里 -为什么
-Wherever it takes us. -Why?
咱们自力更生 远离惠特 他知道我在这里
To make a life for ourselves, to get away from Whit. He knows I’m here.
他什么时候来
When?
明天
Tomorrow.
如果你能来的话 早上收拾好东西 在酒店见我
Pack in the morning, meet me at the hotel if you can make it.
-我能来 我们能逃过这一劫吗 -咱们拭目以待吧
-I can make it. Can we get away with it? -Let’s find out.
-你不了解惠特 他不会忘记的 -每个人都会忘记
-You don’t know Whit. He won’t forget. -Everybody forgets.
惠特不会
Not Whit.
那么我们每年圣诞节 都寄给他一张明信片
So we’ll send him a postcard every Christmas.
杰夫 我很高兴你不怕他
Jeff, I’m glad you’re not afraid of him.
我曾经做过的一半事情 我都害怕
I’ve been afraid of half the things I ever did.
这件事呢
And this time?
我只怕你不去
I’m only afraid you might not go.
别怕
Don’t be.
明天我会去的
I’ll be there tomorrow.
-爱我吗 -嗯哼
-Love me? -Mm-hm.
-poco -你说什么