See if you can shore it up.
你们能否将它挡住
Let it go.
让它去吧
This water lives in Mombasa anyway.
毕竟这水住在蒙巴萨
I flew as far as Narok.
我最远飞到纳罗
You could see all the ruts where the lorries had been.
那些卡车走过的胎沟清晰可见
The Serengeti was still good.
大草原还好
It would take a week just getting there.
单单到那里就要几个星期
And Samburu’s still good.
珊布卢也还好
Where’s Belknap? I haven’t seen him.
伯纳呢? 没见到他
He must be in America by now.
他现在该已经抵达美国了
I let him go.
我让他走的
I had to.
我不得不
But you don’t want to hear about the farm, do you?
你不会想听农场的事吧?
Have you got any buttons? What are you doing?
你有钮纽吗? 你在做什么?
Mending your shirts. Don’t do that.
补你的衣服 不要
You don’t have to do that.
你不必帮我补
Maybe I’ll try Samburu day after tomorrow.
说不定后天我会去珊布卢
You just got back.
你才刚回来
Felicity asked to come along…
菲莉熙想一起去…
and I almost said no because I thought you wouldn’t like it.
我几乎说”不” 因为我想你不会喜欢的
There’s no reason for her not to come.
没有她不能去的理由
Yes, there is. I wouldn’t like it.
有 因为我不喜欢
You want her along?
你要她去?
I want things that don’t matter not to. Tell her no, do it for me.
我不要惹起无谓纷扰 为了我 跟她说”不”
Then what else would it be?
那你还要什么吗?
Why is your freedom more important than mine?
为什么你的自♥由♥就比我的重要?
It isn’t. And I’ve never interfered with your freedom.
没有 而且我也从未 干涉你的自♥由♥
I’m not allowed to need you or rely on you…
我不能去需要你或依靠你
or expect anything from you! I’m free to leave!
或期望你 我可以自♥由♥离去
But I need you. You don’t need me.
但我真的需要你 你不需要我的
If I die will you die? You don’t need me.
如果我死你也会死吗?
You confuse need with want. You always have.
你将”需要”与”要”混淆了 你一向如此
In your world, there would be no love at all.
在你的世界里完全没有爱了
Or the best kind. The one we wouldn’t have to prove!
或是最完美的爱 那种不必去证明的爱
You’d live on the moon then.
那你住到月亮上好了
Why? Because I won’t do it your way?
就因为我不顺从你的意愿?
Are we assuming there is one proper way to do this?
难道每件事情就只有 一个合理的处理方式吗?
Do you think I care about Felicity? – No.
你认为我在乎菲莉熙吗? 不
Do you think I’ll be involved with her?
你认为我会与她交往吗?
No. Then there’s no reason for this, is there?
不会 那就没有任何理由 不是吗?
If she’s not important why won’t you give it up?
如果她不重要 你为何不放弃?
I have learned a thing that you haven’t.
我学到了件你不懂的事
There are some things worth having…
世上有些值得拥有的东西…
but they come at a price, and I want to be one of them.
要得到就得付出代价 而我要成为这种值得拥有的东西
I won’t allow it.
我不允许
You have no idea the effect that language has on me.
你不知道那些话对我影响有多大
I used to think there was nothing you really wanted…
我原以为 世上没有你真正要的东西
but that’s not it, is it?
但那不对
You want to have it all.
你全部都要
I’m going to Samburu and she can come or not.
我要去珊布卢 不管她来不来
Then you’ll be living elsewhere.
那你就搬到别地方去
All right.

Is there a prince in there?
你里面是个白马王子吗?
I think that you had better get up.
我想你最好起床
What?
什么?
You had better get up. I think that God is coming.
你最好起床 我想上帝降临了
All gone.
全完了
All gone.
全完了
How did it start? I think God had a hand in it.
火怎么起的? 我想是天意
He gave me my best crop ever and then he remembered.
祂给了我最好的收成 然后祂想起来了
Insurance? That’s for pessimists.
有保险吗? 那是给悲观主义者的
Where’s Denys? Who knows.
丹尼斯呢? 谁知道呢
It doesn’t matter. The Baroness is broke.
不重要了 男爵夫人破产了
It’s over.
完了
I’ve got to find some land before I go for my Kikuyu.
在我走之前 我得帮克库由人找块地
You have trouble enough.
你已经够多麻烦了
Just a chunk somewhere so they can stay all together.
只要随便一块 他们能住在一起的地
We’re just out of coffee, but I can give you tea.
我们咖啡刚用完 但我可以给您泡茶
There is no arable land that size outside the reserve.
在保留区外没有那么大的可耕地了
And if there were, we’d not put natives on it.
即使有 我们也不让土著住
Since it’s theirs…
这是他们的…
It belongs to the Crown. What you want is quite impossible.
这属于英国皇家的 你的要求是不可能的
It always is. Who must I see next?
总是如此 我需要再找谁?
You’ve run through us all, I’m afraid.
恐怕你已经见了我们所有人
We have a new governor, haven’t we?
我们还有个新总督 不是吗?
Sir Joseph. He hasn’t arrived yet.
约瑟爵士 他还没到任
But will soon, I’m told.
我听说很快
You do still ask me to things.
你还邀我参加社交活动
Captain Jacques Llewllyn. Your servant, sir.
杰克理维林队长 为您效劳
The Honorable Hugh Chomondeley, Lord Delamere.
休周曼德利阁下 德拉米阁下
Your servant, sir. Lady Delamere.
为您效劳 德拉米小姐
Commissioner. Baroness.
地区长官 男爵夫人
The Baroness Von Blixen.
伯利森男爵夫人
I’m sorry to know that Kenya will be losing you.
听说肯亚要失去你 我很遗憾
You have heard of my trouble then? Yes, I regret it.
那你听到了我的遭遇? 是的 很遗憾
Do you know of my problem now?
你晓得我现在的问题吗?
This land you want from us… Will you help me?
你向我们要的地… 你会帮我吗?
That’s quite difficult.
那有困难
Get up, Baroness, please.
请起来
Kenya is a hard country for women.
肯亚对女人而言很困难
So there is a chivalry here of a sort.
这还有些骑士道义存在
You are a powerful man and I’ve no one else to turn to.
你是个有权的人 而我已投诉无门了
Let’s discuss this the proper way.
让我们适当的讨论
You mustn’t be embarrassed. I’ve lost everything.
你不要觉得难堪 我已失去所有的了
It costs me very little to beg you. Wait.
我来求你没什么大不了 等一下
Give her a moment, please?
请给她点时间?
This land was theirs.
这地是他们的
We took it and now they’ve nowhere else to go.
我们夺去了而现在他们无处可去
I’ll look into it. We’ll do the best we can.
我会调查 我们会尽所能
May I have your word?
你能承诺吗?
You have mine.
你有我的承诺
Thank you.
谢谢你
I hope you will be happy here. I was.
我希望你在此愉快 我曾愉快过
I’m sorry I won’t know you.
很遗憾我不能认识你
I didn’t hear it until I got to the border.
我到边界才听到这消息
It seems I’ll do almost anything to get your attention.
似乎我要尽一切才能博取你的关心
I’ve nearly got you packed.
我差不多替你打包好了
My poor family.
我可怜的家人
I’ve got them near bankrupt, now I have to ask them for more money.
我几乎让他们破产 现在还得向他们要更多钱
Let me help you.
我来帮你
You would keep me then?
那你要收容我?
I want to be worth something now.
我现要成为有价值的人
What will you do?
你要怎么办?
After my rummage sale, leave.
我在拍卖♥♥之后离开
Friday for Mombasa, and then the boat to Denmark.
星期五到蒙巴萨 然后搭船回丹麦
Thank you, Denys.
谢谢你
You must have them ready to leave before the rains.
你必须让他们在雨季前 准备好离开
It is good land, enough for all, but they must not fight about it…
那是块好地 够所有人用 大家千万不要争…
or be any trouble to the authorities, do you understand?
也不能给官方惹麻烦 你知道…
Or they will lose it. Yes.
要不他们会失去那块地 是
You must make them understand that I will not be here…
你得让他们了解 我不会在此…
to speak for them.
替他们说话
This land is far? By Dagoretti. Not too far.
这地远吗? 靠近多革瑞迪 不太远
How can it be now? With me and yourself?
现在怎么办? 就我跟你?
You will have some money. Enough, I think.
你会有点钱 我想 足够的
I do not speak of money.
我不是说钱
Do you remember how it was on safari?
你记得以前狩猎旅行时是怎样的?
In the afternoons I would send you ahead to look for a camp?
在下午我会派你前去找块营地?
And you would wait for me.
而你会等我
And you can see the fire and come to this place.
你会看到火而找到地方

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!