Oh, my God.
天啊
I’ll go to him. He wouldn’t want you there.
我去看他 他不会要你去的
Why?
为什么?
There’s a woman there. She’s Somali.
那儿有个女人 索马利人
She’s been with him for some time.
他们一起已经很久了
You never told me this.
你从未告诉过我
I didn’t know.
我也不知道
“with each one of us now and forevermore.” Amen.
“圣灵与我们永远同在” 阿门
Strange that Denys isn’t here.
奇怪丹尼斯没有来
I think he is off with Berkeley.
我想他正以自己的方式与伯克莱告别
In the days and hours that Denys was at home…
在丹尼斯在家的时日…
we spoke of nothing ordinary.
我们都谈一些特别的话题
Not of my troubles with the farm…
不是关于我农场的问题
my notes due and my failing crop…
我的支票到期 或是咖啡欠收…
or of his with his work and…
或是他的工作
what he knew was happening to Africa.
或是非洲会怎么转变
Or of anything at all that was small and real.
或是任何现实的大小事
We lived disconnected…
我们脱离现实生活…
and apart from things.
脱离所有的事
I had been making up stories while he was away.
当他不在时 我编了许多故事
In the evenings, he made himself comfortable…
在夜晚 他放松自己…
spreading cushions like a couch in front of the fire…
将椅垫围在壁炉前 像沙发一样…
and with me sitting cross-legged like Scherazade herself…
我则盘腿而坐 活像天方夜谭里的公主
he would listen clear-eyed to a long tale…
他会聚精会神的听一个长的故事…
from when it began until it ended.
从头至尾
Where did you get it? Mombasa.
你从那买♥♥来的? 蒙巴萨
Get in.
上来
When did you learn to fly? Yesterday.
你何时学会飞行的? 昨天
Don’t move.
不要动
I want to move.
我想动
Hello, Denys.
你好 丹尼斯
Hello, Blix.
你好伯利克斯
May I see you?
我能见你吗?
I’m broke, too, you know?
我也没钱了
I wouldn’t ask, but tips were a bit light.
如果不是小费很少 我也不会向你要
Are you all right? If I get a decent crop.
你还好吗? 假如有个丰收的话
I could shoot him.
我可以打死他的
I’ve got this terrible urge to kiss you.
我有股想吻你的冲动
He’s smarter than I am. It may go well.
他比我聪明 你们可能很好
Good luck.
祝你好运
You might have asked. I did.
你可能已经问过了 是的
She said yes.
她说好
If I get eaten up sometime bury me here, will you?
如果有天我被吃掉了 将我埋葬于此 好吗?
Whatever’s left.
不管剩下的是什么
Just there at the crest of the hill.
就在那山顶上
When are you leaving? Tomorrow.
你什么时候走? 明天
Doesn’t it matter to you that I’m another man’s wife?
你会在意我是别人的妻子吗?
What matters to me is that you tried so hard.
我在乎的是你努力的尝试
What time tomorrow?
明天什么时候?
Goodbye again.
再次道别
How many acres under cultivation? Five hundred.
开垦的有多大面♥积♥? 200公顷
The rest of it’s wild? The Kikuyu live there.
其余的都是荒野? 有克库由人住着
Why don’t you move them off? Because they live there.
你为何不要他们搬走? 因为他们住在那里
We’ll take it over should you default.
如果你没偿还 我们就会接收
We’ve got another year. God is great.
我们又多了一年 夫人 上帝慈悲
He’s charging 3%.
他收三分利
This Chief says, “Tall children can come to school now.”
酋长说 “大孩子不能来上学了”
Tell Chief Kinanjui that reading is a valuable thing.
告诉克南吉酋长说 念书是件有价值的事
His children will remember him well.
他的孩子们会永远记得他
This Chief says:
酋长说…
“British can read and what good has it done them?”
“英国人能念书 但有给他们带来任何好处吗?”
Miss Felicity’s Spurway. Clear round.
菲莉熙小姐 满分
She’s quite something, that Felicity. Yes, indeed.
这菲莉熙真不得了 确实是
The next competitor: Mr. John Sutton on Castano.
下个参赛者 撒顿先生骑卡丹奴
How are you? Getting old, I think.
你好吗? 我想 变老了
Not you.
你不会的
How is the hunting?
打猎生意如何?
I’ll make a living. Where’s Denys?
够糊口 丹尼斯呢?
Uganda. Some potentate.
跟一些大人物在乌干达
I thought you might be wanting a divorce.
我想你可能会要离婚
Has she got money? Of course she’s got money.
她有钱吗? 她一定有钱
Is this important, Bror?
伯若 这重要吗?
I suppose.
我想是
I’ll have to accuse you of something…
我需要控诉你什么…
or did you think you would have it the other way around?
或者你认为应该是反过来
Fire away, whatever. I have surely done it.
随你说吧 我八成都做了
Thank you.
谢谢你
How do you manage it? To keep us friends?
你怎么能维持我们的朋友关系?
We started that way.
我们是那样开始的
I’ll be happy for you, if I can.
如果我能的话 我会替你高兴
I remember that quite well.
那个我记得很清楚
When you go away on safari…
当你去狩猎旅行时…
are you ever with someone else?
你曾跟别人吗?
I’d be with you if I wanted to be with anyone.
如果我要人 我会跟你的
Do you ever get Ionely? Sometimes.
你曾感到寂寞吗? 有时候
Do you ever wonder if I am Ionely?
你曾想过我是否寂寞吗?
No, I don’t.
没有
Do you think about me at all?
你有想过我吗?
Often.
常常
But not enough to come back.
但不足以让你回来
I do come back, all the time. What is it?
我常常回来呀 怎么回事?
Nothing.
没什么
Bror has asked me for a divorce.
伯若要跟我离婚
He’s found someone that he wants to marry.
他找到了结婚的对象
I just thought we might do that some day.
我只是想我们哪天也结婚
Divorce?
离婚?
How would a wedding change things?
一个婚礼能改变什么呢?
I would have someone of my own.
我可以拥有个自己的人
No.
不
You wouldn’t.
你不会的
What’s wrong with marriage anyway?
婚姻到底有什么不对?
Have you ever seen one you admire? Yes, I have. Many.
你看过令你钦羡的婚姻吗? 见过许多
Belfields, for one.
伯菲夫妇就是一例
He sent her home for the rains in 1910.
他因1910年的雨季送她回家
Didn’t tell her they were over until 1913.
直到1913年 才告诉她雨停了
It’s not a joke. People marry. It’s not revolutionary.
这不是笑话 人人结婚 又不是要你的命
Some animals mate for life.
许多动物也是配对终生
Geese.
拜托
You use the animals for your own argument. You won’t let me use them for mine.
你用动物来支持你的辩论 你却不让我用它们来支持我的
I’d mate for life.
我就是配对终生
One day at a time.
一天一天的来
I’d just like someone to ask me once that’s all.
我只是希望有人对我求次婚而已
Promise me you’ll do that if I promise to say no?
如果我保证说”不” 你能不能向我求婚?
Just trust you?
只要相信你?
When you go away…
当你离开时
you don’t always go on safari, do you?
并不是每次都去狩猎旅行 是吗?
No.
不是
You just want to be away.
你只是想离开
It’s not meant to hurt you.
这无意伤害你
It does.
但它会
I’m with you because I choose to be with you.
我与你在一起 因为我选择与你在一起
I don’t want to live someone else’s idea of how to live.
我不要过别人心目中理想的生活
Don’t ask me to do that.
别要我那样做
I don’t want to find out one day that I’m at the end of someone else’s life.
我不要有一天 慕然发现 我是为别人而活
I’m willing to pay for mine. To be Ionely sometimes…
我愿意付出代价 可能是寂寞
to die alone if I have to. I think that’s fair.
或是孤自凋零 我认为那是公平的
Not quite. You want me to pay for it as well.
不见得 你要我也跟着付出
You have a choice, and you’re not willing to do the same for me.
你有选择 但你不愿让我也有选择
I won’t be closer to you…
我不会为了一张纸…
and I won’t love you more because of a piece of paper.
而更亲近你或爱你更深