Baroness. A Swede, are you? No, Danish, actually.
你是瑞典人吧? 丹麦人
The little country next to Germany.
在德国边的小国
If it comes to war, where will Denmark stand?
如果战争爆发 丹麦会站哪边?
On its own, I hope. We do have that history.
我希望 是自己的一边 我们有这样的历史
Is there something we can call you that gets round this Baroness?
我们能不称呼你”男爵夫人” 而叫你什么吗?
What do they call you? D, if I’m lucky.
他们怎么称呼你? 能叫”D”就不错了
My stupid name’s Felicity, but I do like your dress.
我的贱名叫菲莉熙 我喜欢你的衣服
Thank you.
谢谢
It’s not much of a hat. It’s meant to be stunning.
那帽子不太管用 这是好看而已
We die of sunstroke here. At least I’m safe from the mosquitoes.
这里有人中暑丧命的 至少这可以防蚊子
The big ones.
大蚊子
You nervous? Should I be?
你紧张吗? 必要吗?
You know, wedding night and all that.
我是说洞房♥花烛夜等等
So they’re both of them naked and not a shrub in sight.
他们俩在毫无遮掩下赤身露体
Have you met Vicky Gresham?
你见过薇姬葛珊吗?
Hello, Baroness, I’d curtsy but I’m drunk.
幸会 但我有点醉了
May I see you, please? Excuse me.
我能单独见你吗? 失陪
If you want any friends, Tanne, I’d make them here. There is no one else.
你要交朋友的话 就只有在这里了 没其他人了
I want to see my house.
我要看我的房♥子
You may want to change. It’s a two-hour ride.
你可能要换衣服 两个小时的车程
Excuse me.
不好意思
My God, these people drink.
这些人真会喝酒
I’m sorry, I was just…
对不起 我只是…
It’s all right. I’m afraid you’ve caught me snooping.
没关系 我想你逮到我在窥伺
It’s not my room, it’s Denys’, and Denys won’t mind.
这是丹尼斯的房♥间 他不会介意的
It’s a thing about Denys, he doesn’t mind.
丹尼斯就这么好 他不介意
Are you Cole?
你就是柯尔?
I brought the ivory with me on the train. Well, thank you.
是我将火车上的象牙带过来的 谢谢你
Are you taking your quinine? Oh, yes.
你服用奎宁了? 当然
He has got lovely books. Does he lend them?
他有好多好书 他出借吗?
We had a friend, Hopworth.
我们有个朋友 叫哈沃
He got a book and didn’t return it. Denys was furious.
他借了本书没还 丹尼斯很火
I said, “Denys, you wouldn’t lose a friend over a book, would you?”
我说 “丹尼斯你不会为了本书 而失去个朋友?”
And he said, “No!
他说 不会
“But he has, hasn’t he?”
“但他不已失去了吗?”
Did you come out through London? From Rome actually.
你经由伦敦来的吗? 从罗马来的
I thought you might have a newspaper.
我想你可能有份报纸
No, sorry.
抱歉 没有
Nothing in them anyway.
反正也没啥内容
I had a friend who I used to take to the dances at Oxford.
在牛津 我有个常带去舞会的朋友
They were in June by the river.
六月在河滨的舞会
She always wore a new silk dress.
她总穿着新的丝洋装
I think you’re wearing her perfume.
我想你擦跟她一样的香水
No, it’s very nice, but it’s not the same.
很香 但不一样
We can go now.
我们可以走了
This is Belknap. He runs the farm.
这是伯纳 农场的总管
Good evening, ma’am.
你好
This is your cook. Name is Esa.
这是你的厨子 叫伊萨
Esa.
伊萨
And this is Juma. Houseboy.
这是朱玛 男佣
Juma.
朱玛
Come, see your house.
来看你的房♥子
When you leave me, I’m going to marry Berkeley Cole.
如果你离开我 我将嫁给伯克莱
A man in trade.
做生意的人
Is that what he does?
那是他的职业吗?
He is thick with the Somalis. There’s a crowd of them up on his land…
他与索马利人很好 他们很多人在他那
who think he’s some sort of prince. He sells Finch Hatton’s ivory.
认为他是什么王子之类的 他卖♥♥丹尼斯的象牙
Belknap is a cheery sort.
伯纳是个乐天派的
Had a place of his own. Went belly up trying to grow flax.
有过自己的农场 因种植亚麻而破产
Does he know cattle?
他懂养牛吗?
I didn’t buy cattle. We’re going to grow coffee instead.
我没有买♥♥牛 我们改来种咖啡
That’s not what we planned.
那不是我们计划的
You were in Denmark, I had to decide.
你人在丹麦 而我必须决定
We made a decision.
我们已经决定好了的
We don’t know a thing about coffee. You plant it, it grows.
我们对咖啡一点都不懂 你种它 它就长了
My mother put her money up to do a dairy.
我妈投资她的钱来开牧场的
She doesn’t care whether it’s cows or coffee as long as it pays.
她不会在乎牛或咖啡 只要能赚钱就好了
You must be with a herd or things go wrong.
你非得有一群牛才可以
I didn’t come to Africa to sit with silly cows.
我来非洲可不是要跟一群笨牛混
Just tell her we changed our minds.
告诉她我们改变主意
Next time you change your mind, you do it with your money.
下次你改变主意 用你自己的钱
They bought you a title. They didn’t buy me.
钱给你买♥♥了个头衔 可没买♥♥下我
Juma.
朱玛
Fetch some wine for my lover’s brother.
来点酒 敬我情人的哥哥
I think you’re tired.
我想你累了
Be careful.
小心点
Did I tell you Hans came to say goodbye?
我有告诉你汉斯来道别了吗?
Where is Baron Blixen? He’s gone to hunt.
伯利森男爵呢? 他打猎去了
Did he say when he would be back? He says he can come before the rain.
他有交代何时回来吗? 他说下雨前会回来
Is it going to rain today?
今天会下雨吗?
It can be many days before the rains.
可能很多天都不会下雨
In Ohio we put up scarecrows to keep the birds away.
在俄亥俄州我们用稻草人来赶走鸟
Here you hope there’re enough leopards to keep down the baboons.
这里你希望豹能控制狒狒的数量
‘Course they’ll take your dog, too. That’s Africa.
当然它们也会吃掉你的狗 这就是非洲
How much will we plant? 1,000 acres, the Baron says.
我们要种多少? 男爵说400公顷
How long will that take?
得种多久呢?
That depends on Kinanjui. He’s the chief of the Kikuyu.
那得看克南吉 他是克库由族的酋长
Got a deal with him to get help. When will be our first harvest?
得与他商量找人手帮忙 我们何时可以收成?
These are seedlings. It’ll be three, maybe four years.
这些是树苗? 要三到四年
Four years!
四年
If they bear at all. No one’s ever tried coffee this high.
还要它们会结果 没有人在这么高的地种过咖啡
And what are we going to live on for four years?
那我们这四年要靠啥过活?
I’m working to get home. Now, if you haven’t got it…
我做工赚钱要回家 如果你没有足够的资金
it’d be good if you could tell me right now.
你最好现在就告诉我
We will plant 500.
我们就种200公顷
Chief Kinanjui, I have heard that you are a wise chief…
我久闻您是位明智的酋长…
Not now, please. And I look forward to our dealings.
请别打岔 我敬祈我们的合作关系
Your Kikuyu are good workers.
您的克库由人都是好工人
I look forward to dealing with them honestly, and fairly.
我期盼诚信公平的对待他们
This chief has no British.
酋长不懂英文
Tell him that I am Baroness Blixen. This chief knows that.
告诉他我是伯利森男爵夫人 这点酋长晓得
Tell him what I said.
告诉他我刚说的
What did he say? He says these Kikuyu can do this work.
他怎么说? 他说克库由人可以做这工作
Farah, what else did he…
他还说什…
Your leg is very sick.
你的腿伤很严重
You must come to the house for medicine.
你得到我房♥子来擦药
Does he understand me? Yes.
他听懂吗? 是的
If you don’t come, the other boys will say you are afraid.
如果你不来 其他孩子会说你没胆量
I myself will think only that you are foolish.
而我只会认为你愚蠢
This boy must come to my house for treatment. See that he does.
这孩子必须到我房♥子来接受治疗 你们确定他来
What else did Kinanjui say?
克南吉还说了些什么?
He says coffee must not grow this high.
他说咖啡不应种在这高度
Never mind. He’s a chief, but he’s a Kikuyu.
别在意 他虽是酋长 但他也是克库由人
If you put a dam here to stop the water then I can make a pond here.
如你在此筑个坝挡住水 那我就能做个池塘
Do you know how to make a pond?
你知道怎么做个池塘吗?
This water must go home to Mombasa. It can go home after we make a pond.
这水得回蒙巴萨的老家 在我们做个池塘后它就能回家了
This water lives at Mombasa.
这水住在蒙巴萨
Come, then.
来吧
I wouldn’t run.
要是我就不跑
If you do, she’ll think you’re something good to eat.
你跑它就认为你是好吃的食物
Do you have a gun? She won’t like the smell of you.
你有枪吗? 它不喜欢你的气味
Shoot it. She’s had breakfast.
开枪 它刚吃过早餐
Please shoot her.
拜托你开枪打它
Let’s give her a moment.
再等一会儿
Oh, my God, shoot her!
天啊 开枪打它
Just how much closer did you expect to let her come?
你到底要让它多靠近我?
A bit. She wanted to see if you’d run. That’s how they decide.
它要看你是否会跑 它们依此决定
A lot like people. She almost had me for lunch.
这点颇像人类的 它差点将我当午餐吃了
It wasn’t her fault. She’s a lion. It wasn’t mine.
不是它的错 毕竟它是头狮子 也不是我的错
Doesn’t that outfit come with a rifle?
这装束是否该带只步♥枪♥呢?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!