He even took the gramophone on safari.
他连狩猎旅行都带着留声机
Three rifles, supplies for a month…
三把步♥枪♥ 一个月的补给…
and Mozart.
及莫札特
He began our friendship with a gift.
他的一件礼物 开始了我们的友谊
And later, not long before Tsavo…
然后在到查佛前不久…
he gave me another. An incredible gift.
他又送我一件不可思议的礼物
A glimpse of the world through God’s eye…
从上帝的眼光来看这世界…
and I thought.:
我想…
“Yes, I see.
我明白了
“This is the way it was intended.”
“这是命中注定如此的”
I’ve written about all the others, not because I loved them less…
我已经写了所有其他的人 并非我不够爱他们…
but because they were clearer, easier.
而是他们较清楚 较容易写
He was waiting for me there.
他在那儿等着我
But I’ve gone ahead of my story. He’d have hated that.
我的故事已经说过头了 他会讨厌那样的
Denys loved to hear a story told well.
丹尼斯喜欢听故事好好的讲
You see…
我说啊…
I had a farm in Africa at the foot of the Ngong Hills.
在非洲的能岗岭山脚下我曾有座农场
But it began before that.
故事是在此之前就开始的
It really began in Denmark.
它真正开始于丹麦
And there I knew two brothers.
在那儿我认识两兄弟
One was my lover, and one was my friend.
一位是我的情人 另一位是我的朋友
It’s too cold for champagne.
现在喝香槟太冷了吧
It’s too cold for anything but.
喝别的饮料才太冷了呢
You said you’d be at Klampenborg.
你说你会到克兰朋堡
I thought I’d come, but then I didn’t.
我原想去的 但我没去
Was it fun?
好玩吗?
Tanne.
坦妮
Tanne, come on.
别这样
It’s not as though you loved him.
你看起来并不爱他
You’d like to be a baroness, that’s all.
你只是想当个男爵夫人罢了
He lied to me. Of course.
他对我撒谎 当然
Would you be in bed with him otherwise?
要不你会跟他上♥床♥?
My brother’s only dull, but not stupid.
我弟弟是有点钝 但并不笨
Pretend it’s Hans.
当它是汉斯吧
Where would you go? Anywhere.
你会去哪儿? 随便
America. Ceylon. I would even go to Australia.
美国 锡兰 我甚至会去澳大利亚
Perhaps not Australia. But I’ve got to be away from here.
可能不会去奥洲 但我得离开这儿
I’ll give you all I’ve got. That should get you into town.
我将所有的都给你 那应该够你进城了
God, it was fun. Money.
老天啊 钱 真好
You could marry me.
你可以娶我
I have to marry a virgin. I can’t stand criticism.
我得娶个处♥女♥ 我不能忍♥受批评
For the money, I mean.
我是说 看在钱的份上
Probably.
说不定
Listen to me. I’ve got no life at all.
听我说 反正我的生命也没意义
They wouldn’t teach me anything useful,
他们不会教我有用的东西
and now I’ve failed to marry.
而且我还嫁不出去
You know the punishment for that. “Miss Dinesen’s at home.”
你知道这惩罚就是”在丹森家当老姑婆”
And you’ve gone through all your money.
况且你已花光了你的家产
You’re off seducing the servant girls.
你都在引诱女佣了
We’re a pair, you and I.
我们是天作之合
I mean, at least we’re friends.
我是说至少我们是朋友
We might be all right…
说不定可以白头偕老…
and if we weren’t, at least we’d have been somewhere.
要不然 至少我们也经历过了
You don’t think you’re being too romantic?
你不觉得有点太浪漫了吗?
Am I supposed to think you’re serious?
我该认为你是当真的?
I had a farm in Africa.
我曾在非洲有座农场
I had a farm in Africa at the foot of the Ngong Hills.
在非洲的能岗岭山脚下 我曾经有座农场
I had a farm in Africa…
我在非洲曾经有座农场…
Good morning.
早安
Have you had trouble?
你遇到了麻烦吗?
Now and then. Have you?
偶尔 你呢?
I’m traveling to Nairobi.
我要去奈洛比
You caught the right train then.
那你就搭对车了
Get away from there!
离开那儿
That’s all my crystal, my Limoges.
那都是我的水晶及瓷器
They didn’t know it was Limoges.
他们不晓得是瓷器
You plan to stay then?
你准备住下来罗?
I’ve come out to marry Baron Blixen. Do you know him?
我是来跟伯利森男爵结婚的 你认识他吗?
Bror? Yes.
伯若?
We plan to start a dairy.
我们要开座牧场
Are you quite famous? They stopped the train for you.
你是名人吗? 火车都为你停下来
It’s rude not to here.
在这里不停是不礼貌的
A dairy? Isn’t it a bit soon for that? Milk at the door?
这里开牧场? 还不是时候吧? 牛奶送到家门口?
Aren’t you boarding? I’m going on.
你不上车吗? 我继续赶路
On? To where?
赶路? 上哪?
Mention the ivory to Berkeley Cole. Bror knows him.
把象牙的事通知伯克莱柯尔 伯若认识他
I’m Baroness Blixen! Not yet.
我是伯利森男爵夫人 还没呢
Finch Hatton, Denys!
芬齐哈顿 丹尼斯
I am Farah Aden. We can go now.
我叫法拉亚登 我们可以上路了
Where is Baron Blixen? He is at Muthaiga. Please come.
伯利森男爵呢? 他在慕迪加 请跟我来
Where is Muthaiga?
慕迪加在哪?
Muthaiga is a club where British go for drinking. Please.
慕迪加是个供英国人喝酒的俱乐部
Listen, on the train are my crates with china and crystal.
火车上有我一箱箱的瓷器与水晶
Do you know china? Yes. China, it can break.
你晓得瓷器吗? 晓得 瓷器 易碎
Stay.
别动
Excuse me, I’m looking for Baron Blixen.
我找伯利森男爵
Rajiv.
拉吉夫
I wondered if you might tell me… Memsahibs must not be here.
你能否告诉我在哪… 女人不能进来这里的
I’m simply looking for someone… Memsahibs must not be here.
我只是想找… 女人不能进来这里的
Tanne.
坦妮
Where have you been? Where have you been?
你到哪去了? 你去哪了呢?
Arranging things.
安排事宜
How was the trip? You can tell me later.
一路还好吗? 你可以待会再告诉我
Would you like to change?
你要换衣服吗?
My luggage is still on the train. Room “D.” Head of the stairs.
我的行李还在火车上 在楼梯顶端的”D”室
I haven’t gotten a ring. Do you care?
我还没买♥♥戒指 你介意吗?
Did you think I wouldn’t come?
你以为我不会来?
I thought you wouldn’t want to spend the money.
我以为你不想花这个钱
You will love it here. The servants are great.
你会喜欢这里的 这些佣人都很好
Shall we get a drink?
喝什么?
We’ve got almost one hour before the wedding.
婚礼在一个小时就要开始了
One hour?
一个小时?
Is this all right?
这还可以吗?
I wondered what color you’d choose.
我正在想你会挑什么颜色
It’s ivory.
象牙色
Oh, my god, I’ve got this man’s ivory. Whose ivory?
天啊 我还有那人的象牙 谁的象牙?
I’m Sarah, Lady Belfield. Shall I stand up for you?
我是莎拉 伯非女士 我能当你们的福证吗?
Short or long, Blix?
伯利森 长的还是短的仪式?
Long, please. Give me time to adjust to it.
长的 我才有时间来调适
Settle down, all.
大家注意
By the authority of His Majesty’s Government vested in me…
藉由皇上所赋予我的权力…
I declare that the Baron Bror Von Blixen, citizen of Sweden and…
我宣布瑞典公民 伯若伯利森男爵及…
What’s your name, my dear?
亲爱的 你的名字是?
Damn it, Henry, I told you her name.
真是的 亨利 我告诉过你她的名字
Karen Christentze Dinesen.
凯伦·丹森
Karen Christentze Dinesen, a female subject of the King of Denmark…
凯伦·丹森 一位丹麦国王的女性子民
are henceforth united man and wife.
在此结为连理
God save this company, God save the King.
天佑这对新人 天佑我皇
God save the King!
天佑我皇
Thank you for this.
谢谢你
“Did you hear about Shuttleworth?” “No,” I said.
“你听过老沙头的故事吗?” 我说 “没有”
“He’s living up country,” he says, “in a tree with a baboon.”
“他说 他在野外树上 与一只狒狒同住”
“Male or female?” I said to him. “Female, of course,” he says.
我问 “公的还是母的?” 他说 “当然是母的”
There’s nothing queer about old Shuttleworth.
老沙头一点也不假惺惺的
Where’s your muddleheaded husband?
你那呆丈夫呢?
The Governor’s at the punch bowl, thank you, hoping to avoid you.
谢谢你 总督在拿饮料 要避着你
Would you like to meet the bride? Or did you come just for the whiskey?
你要见新娘吗? 还是只为喝酒而来?
Not for the company, God knows.
天知道 绝非为交际而来的
Lord Delamere, may I present Baroness Blixen.
德拉米阁下 容我引见伯利森男爵夫人
Baroness Blixen, Lord Delamere, such as he is.
伯利森男爵夫人 德拉米阁下 就是他

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!