And Connie had the hose on with one of those…
还记得那些过时的莲蓬头吗
Remember those old-fashioned sprinkler heads?
-是的 -孩子们可以
– Yeah, right. – That the kids could jump
从喷洒的水中跳过去 你懂的
through the spray, you know, and…
基尼那时5岁 康妮11岁
Gene was five at the time. Connie was 11.
他拿着水管在院子里追着她跑
And he was chasing her around the yard with the hose,
他们大笑着 尖叫着
and they were laughing and screaming and…
我走进房♥间去看看晚餐怎么样了
And I went inside to check on dinner.
那时我在做西红柿汤
I was making tomato soup.
我听到汽车轮胎摩擦的声音
And I heard the screech of car tires
嗯 一阵尖叫声
and, uh, a thud and a scream,
我就赶紧跑到外面
and I ran outside and…
嗯 司机就站在他的车子旁边
Uh, the driver was standing next to his car,
一直不停地说 “哦 天哪 天哪”
and he kept saying, “Oh, God. Oh, God.”
那是
It was…
我不知道是谁叫了救护车
I don’t know who called the ambulance,
救护车很快就到了
but it got there pretty quick.
她当时还活着
She was still alive.
我的小女儿
My little girl.
我们开到医院 我把她的头放在自己的腿上
And we rode to the hospital, and I held her head in my lap.
两天后 她去世了
Two days later, she was buried.
我们把她下葬了
Her body was buried.
之后的事我就不记得了
And I don’t remember anything else about that time.
我不记得吉恩回到学校去上学
I don’t remember Gene going back to school.
也不记得卡尔下班回家
I don’t remember Carl going back to work.
但是一切都不一样了
But things were never the same between us.
绝不一样 我们的关系 我们的婚姻
Never. Our relationship, our marriage…
在什么方面不一样了
In what way?
各个可能的方面 只是
Just in every way possible. It was…
我也不清楚 我们不再说话
I don’t know. We stopped talking.
不再亲密
We stopped being intimate.
像这样的情况 一段婚姻很难持久
It’s tough for a marriage to survive that.
你懂的 有一天早上醒来时 你还拥有一切
You know, you wake up one morning, and you have everything.
接着到了第二天 一切都消失了
Then the next morning it’s all gone.
事情发生的太快
That’s how fast it can happen,
就是这么一瞬间 你懂吗
just like that, in an instant, you know?
-你们俩不是在吵架吧 -没有 妈妈 没有
– You two aren’t fighting again… – No, Mom, come on.
吉恩 她不能老是出走 这是不对的
She can’t keep doing this, Gene. It’s not right.
-妈妈 -这对他不好
– Mom… – And it’s not good for him.
妈妈 不是你想的那样
Mom, it’s not what you think it is.
我们间没有问题 是吗
We don’t have a problem, okay?
我只要 只要你帮忙照顾他几天
Just… Just take him for a couple of days,
我只求你这件事 帮帮我
that’s all I’m asking. Help me out.
照顾他
Take him?
是的 直到贝弗莉回来
Yeah, until Bev comes
或者是在9月份他回到学校上学
back or he goes back to school in September.
她不会就这么离开她的儿子 对吧
She’s not gonna just go and leave her son, is she?
不会的 妈妈
No, Ma.
不 不 她不会
No. No. She’s not.
我当然愿意照顾他了
Of course I’ll take him.
那你的店还好吗
How’s your shop?
过去生意很好 现在已经关门了
It was wonderful. I lost it.
你懂的 现在也没人会买♥♥没有刷漆的家具
You know, nobody’s buying unpainted furniture nowadays,
嗯 你懂的 这个我也控制不了
and… and I can’t help it, you know?
是的 那你打算做什么
Yeah. So what are you gonna do?

Uh…
我会 嗯 我会想清楚的
I’ll, uh… I’ll figure it out.
你需要钱吗
You need money?
不需要
No
我们会再见的 好的 现在 抱一下吧
I’ll see you soon. All right, now, give me a hug.
一切都会好起来的 好吗
You’re gonna be all right, okay?
好的 快进去吧
All right, now go inside.
她在等你 快去吧
She’s waiting for you, come on.
快去吧 快进去
Come on, go inside.
加油 杰米 往上走
Go on. Jamie, go up.
来吧 我们会玩的很开心
Come on, we’re gonna have a good time.
我想我们之间就这样子了
I guess that’s it for us, then.
嗯 不一定呀
Well, it… it doesn’t have to be.
你觉得不是吗
You don’t think?
我不知道 看看事情进展吧
I don’t know. Let’s see how it goes.
我想 实际上 还得靠你帮忙照顾他呢
Heck, I might need you to help me with him, actually.
我可是有很长一段时间没有照顾过7岁的小孩子了
Been quite a stretch since I took care of a seven-year-old.
是的 你和我都是
Yeah, you and me both.
嗨 杰米
Jamie, hi.
家里一切还好吗
How are things at home?

Uh…
嗯 我们会玩的很开心 就你和我 好么
Well, we’re gonna have a good time, you and me, okay?
好的 快睡吧
Okay, so let’s go to bed now.
-奶奶 -嗯
– Nana? – Yeah?
我能在你房♥间睡觉吗
Can I sleep in your room?
当然
Sure.
小蛋糕真好吃
Pretty good cupcakes.
试试吧
Try.
嗨 杰米 你觉得学校怎么样
Hey, Jamie, how do you like school?
你在手♥机♥上玩的是什么游戏
What’s that game you’re playing on your phone?
-它叫部落冲突 -叫什么
– It’s called Clash of Clans. – It’s called what?
-部落冲突 -部落冲突
– Clash of Clans. – Clash of Clans.
-怎么玩的 -你建一座城市 之后 就像这样
– How’s it work? – You build a city and then, like,
-看着城市扩张 -嗯
– watch it grow and stuff. – Huh.
嘿 你想看看一些酷的东西吗
Hey, you want to see something cool?
你好
Hello?
你说什么
What?
我给你看看
I’ll show you.
你看啊 我觉得
See, I think…

I…
是的
Yep.
就在这里了
Here it is.
这是驱动火车的引擎
This is the engine that pulls the rest of the train.
以及
And…
这是货车 就在引擎后面
Oh, and this is the freight car. It comes right behind it.
这是餐车 就在最后面
And this is the caboose, which comes at the end.
-你是在哪里买♥♥的 -嗯
– Where’d you buy them? – Hmm?
你在哪里买♥♥的
Where’d you buy them?
这是快递过来的 快递
Uh, I got them from a mail order, got them from mail order…
寄来的时候 有个大箱子 告诉你要怎么装
And it was coming… It was a big box with instructions in it.
从田纳西寄过来的
And it came all the way from Tennessee.
之后我的女儿和我把这个东西组装起来了
And then my daughter and I put this thing together,
哦 天 花了好几周呢
and, boy, it took weeks to build it.

Wow.
我能玩吗
Can I play with them?
可以 只要你的奶奶没意见
Yes, as long as it’s okay with your grandmother.
小心点别弄坏了
If you’re careful.
我把坏人放在火车上
I put bad guys on the train,
这样他们看起来就像是在抢劫火车一样
and they were, like, robbing the train,
然后我再放上去一些好人
and then I had good guys,
就像是他们赶来把坏人赶下去一样
like, come out and push them off the train.
然后我又用一些纸巾塞满火车
And then I used paper towels…
就像是火车着了火在冒烟
I stuffed paper towels on the train to make it look like smoke.
听上去你这今天过得很有意思
Oh, that sounds like a fun day.
我现在可以玩我的手♥机♥了吗
Oh, can I play with my phone now?

Mm…
只能玩半个小时
For a half hour.
不可以在餐桌上玩
Not at the table.
走的时候要问一声
Ask to be excused.
-我可以提前离开吗 -可以
– May I please be excused? – Yes. Oh.
教孩子嘛
Baby steps.
-又见面了 -嗨
– Well, hello again. – Hi!
艾迪 艾迪没来吗
Where… Where’s Addie?
她说我可以自己过来
She said I could come by myself.
你今天会把火车拿出来放放风吗
Are you bringing the train set out today?
嗯 我想可以吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!