– And she was… – How did it end?
-唉 -怎么结束的呢
– Huh? – How did it end?
我当时正在和塔玛拉和她的女儿一起共用晚餐
I was having supper, me, Tamara and her daughter,
我突然就对自己的行为感到反胃
and I suddenly got sick of myself.
我想 我现在在干嘛
I thought, “What am I doing?
我在扮演塔玛拉女儿父亲的角色
I’m trying to play a father to Tamara’s daughter,
而我的女儿却要在没有父亲的陪伴下成长
and my daughter is growing up without me.”
所以
So…
她什么反应呢
How’d she take it?
她哭了
She cried.
接着
And…
她说 这是我们最后一晚吗
she said, “Is this our last night?”
我记得那个夜晚的情形
I remember that night, how… how it was.
你之后再也没有和她联♥系♥
You never talked to her again?
是的
No.
我觉得你还爱着她
I think you’re still in love with her.
-不 我已经不爱了 -是的 嗯 听起来像是爱着
– No, I’m not. – Yeah, well, it sounds like it.
也许还有一些对她的记忆
Maybe a little bit with the memory of her,
但是 这 这不一样
but that’s… that’s different.
来吧 快睡吧
Come on, get in bed.
好的
Yeah.
你知道吗 我觉得我后悔伤害了塔玛拉
You know, I think I regret hurting
远大于后悔伤害自己的妻子
Tamara more than I regret hurting my own wife.
就好像我的灵魂里丢失了什么似的
It’s like I failed my spirit or something.
也或是我错过了生命中一种更为重要的东西
Or I missed a special kind of call to be something more.
噢 别这么对自己 路易斯
Oh, don’t be so hard on yourself, Louis.
你做的是对的
You did the right thing.
你是一个好人
You’re a good man.
我 我不是
I… I don’t know about that.
我记得 你是吉恩的好老师
You were a good teacher to Gene. I remember.
也许是一个好老师 但不是一位优秀的老师
A good one, maybe, but not a great one.
我知道的
I know that.
就像是他的小伙伴一样
Like he’s your buddy,
他知道你懂一些他不知道事情
and he knows you know something he don’t know.
相信我 他 还有我们 都知道你了解到的每一件不好的事情
He knows every goddamn thing you know, trust me, bud, we all do.
早上好 老家伙们
Good morning, boys.
-感觉如何 路易斯 -哦 感觉很好
– How you doing, Louis? – Oh, good enough.
-那就好 -早上好 先生
– All right. – Good morning, sir.
-你气色不错 路易斯 -哦 谢谢
– You look great, Louis. – Oh, thanks.
-昨晚睡得可好 -很好 你呢
– You get a good night’s sleep? – Yeah, how about you?
-啊 你懂得 我总是在翻身 -哦 很抱歉
– Ah, tossing and turning, you know. – Oh, sorry to hear that.
是的 我们听说你最近很忙啊
Yeah, we’ve heard you’ve been pretty busy, for sure.
-哦 是吗 -是的 嗯 反正是这么听说了
– Oh, yeah? – Yeah. Well, that’s the word anyway.
你的背还疼吗
How’s the bad back?
嗯 还有一点疼 但我觉得也还好
Uh, it’s still a bit sore, but it’s okay, I guess.
哈哈
Uh-huh.
我猜是这样
I bet it is.
什么意思
How’s that?
嗯 我们在夸奖
Well, we gotta compliment you…
你的精力
on your energy.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
我们都希望有你那样的精力
We all wish we had your energy.
嗯 好吧 跟你们谈话很愉快
Well, it’s been… it’s been fun.
-哦 不要这样子 -你要去哪里
– Oh, come on. – Where you going?
坐下 路易斯 我们才刚坐下
Sit down, Louis. We’re just getting started.
把咖啡喝了吧
Finish your coffee.
哦 我想我懂你的意思了
Oh, I think I understand.
-来吧 -你要去哪
– Come on! – Where you going?
-没必要走啊 -来吧,只有我们
– No need to rush off. – Come on, it’s just us!
你今天又没有什么事情做
You got a whole day to mope.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
还好
Yeah.
确定吗
You sure?
我确定
Yeah.
-哦 让我来拿吧 -不用了 谢谢
– Oh, let me get it. – No, thanks.
你之后还要去买♥♥什么杂货吗
You gonna need to get some groceries after?
我又不用做饭给别人吃
It’s not like I have anyone else to cook for.
我正打算和你说 你知道吗
I was gonna tell you, you know.
有时候早上我能看到他离开屋子
I see him leave sometimes in the morning.
我猜其他人也看到了
Guess others do, too.
不是你想的那样
It’s not what you think.
-不是吗 -不是
– It’s not? – No.
嗯 那这样的话 那我就不开心了
Well, in that case, I’m insulted.
我还没死呢 你就已经找了人代替我的位置
Not even dead yet, and you’re already replacing me.
你是无法代替的 你很清楚这一点
You are irreplaceable. You know that.
嗯嗯
Uh-huh.
你觉得他怎么样
What do you think of him?
看起来不错
He seems all right.
有的时候会帮我修理草坪
Mows my lawn from time to time.
下雪的时候还会帮我扫除走道上的雪
Shovels the walk when it snows.
嗯 那可真不错 对吧
Well, that’s nice. Huh?
但是他也不是圣人
But he’s no saint.
我可以告诉你 他的妻子也可以告诉你
I could tell you about that. His wife could’ve told you.
哦 没必要了
Oh, that won’t be necessary.
我们都有过去
We all have history.
是的 我们都有
That we do, that we do.

Oh.
-所以我想我们现在也不是什么秘密了 -这是什么意思
– So I guess we’re not a secret anymore. – How’s that?
你认识多兰·贝克吗
You know Dorlan Becker?
一个大胆的家伙 过去拥有一家男士用品商店
Bald guy, used to own the men’s store.
-为什么 -是的
– Why? – Yeah.
是的 他是 他是 嗯
Yeah, he’s… he’s, um…
我在经常去的那家咖啡店里会见到他
He’s one of the guys I meet with, uh, down at the coffee shop.
-他真的很有趣 -然后呢
– He’s a real piece of work. – Uh-huh.
嗯 不管怎么说 他想知道我哪来这么多精力
Well, anyway, he wanted to know how come I had so much energy.
什么
What?
我说他想知道我哪来这么多精力
I said he wanted to know how come I had so much energy.
这有什么好笑的
What’s so funny?
你和他说了什么
What’d you tell him?
嗯 我 我很生气
Well, I… I got mad.
我觉得自己没有处理好
I don’t think I handled it very well.
实际上 我还在生气
In fact, I think I’m still mad.
是的 我已经看出来了
Yeah, I can see.
所以 路易斯 问题是什么呢
So, Louis, what’s the problem?
嗯 我不想别人想一些不好的事
Well, I don’t want anybody to think anything bad.
-不好的事情 -是的
– Anything bad? – Yeah.
-例如什么事呢 -关于你或是关于我俩
– Like what? – About you or about us.

Oh.
不要理会 路易斯
Let it go, Louis.
我们知道其他人早晚会发现的
We always knew people would find out.
谁在意呢
Who cares?
你生气完了吗
Are you over it yet?
快了
I’m getting there.
所以我一直在想
So I’ve been thinking.
我想到了一个主意
I’ve got this idea.
说说看
I’m listening.
我们要不去镇上 吃个午餐
Why don’t we go into town, have lunch…
就只是放松 好好享受
just take our time and enjoy ourselves?
-在公众场合吗 -是的
– In public? – Yeah.
你想什么时候去呢
When do you want to do it?
星期天 中午怎么样
Sunday. About noon?
我没问题
Sounds fine to me.
也许我要穿的时尚一些
Maybe I’ll wear something bright and flashy.

Hi.
-嗨 查理 -路易斯 你过得好吗
– Hi, Charlie. – Louis, how are you?
-还好 -先生
– Okay. – Sir.
之后会有服务员过来点单的
Your server will be right with you.
-谢谢 -谢谢
– Thank you. – Thank you.
现在一切都变化太大了
Doesn’t seem too revolutionary so far.
是在一个非常热的夏夜
It was a very hot summer evening.
康妮拿着水管

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!