And this was Gene’s room.
这是浴室
And the bathroom.
这里
And, um…
就是我们一直睡觉的房♥间
This is where we always slept.
不好意思 我说的“我们”其实是
I’m sorry about the “We.”
我明白你的意思
Oh, I know what you mean.
你要上来吗
You getting in?

Yeah.
你真不喜欢说话 路易斯
Awfully quiet, Louis.
是的
Yeah, well…
我只是在想 感觉真的很别扭
I was just thinking how strange this all seems.
也许这个提议并不是很好
Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea?
也许吧 也许也很好
Maybe… Maybe it could be.

Yeah.
是啊 也许很好
Yeah, maybe it is.
你知道我在想什么吗
You know what else I was thinking?
你睡了吗
Are you still awake?
暴雨会继续向东部移♥动♥
Storms will continue to march off to the east,
这会给今晚的天气带来一些变化
and this model brings in some redevelopment late tonight.
现在是十一点
This is 11 o’clock
我们在厄尔巴索县 现在回到特勒县
across El Paso County back into Teller County,
这里可能迎来新一轮降雨
still another round of shower activity possible.
今夜一整夜会出现小雨
Overnight tonight, light
雨带可能遍布这些区域
rain possible across parts of the viewing area.
不用紧张 只是屋顶上有几滴雨
Nothing intense, just a few raindrops on the rooftops,
明天清晨开车也有小雨
even for the drive early tomorrow morning.
小雨可能持续到八点半到九点
Light showers certainly possible by 8:30 to nine.
一些地区只有零星雨点
Even a couple of sprinkles in some areas.
中午天气很干燥
We’re going to see dry conditions
太阳会出来
and some sunshine during the midday hours.
这会让大气层很不稳定
That’ll help destabilize the atmosphere,
所以明天下午会再次降下雷阵雨
so thunderstorms will develop again tomorrow afternoon…
我以为你不会来了
I wasn’t sure if you’d come back.
为什么不
Why not?
不知道
I don’t know.
上次你没有留下你的睡衣
You didn’t leave your pajamas here last time.
我没有
I didn’t…
我不想太唐突了
I didn’t want to seem presumptuous.
如果你留下点东西可能会方便些
It might be easier if you left a few things here.
就不用一直带来带去
Well, then you wouldn’t have to carry them.
所以 为什么选我
So… why me?
呃 你以为我只是随便挑了一个
What, you think I’d just pick anybody?
不 只是好奇 我想知道
Well, no, just curious. I just wondered.
我之前一直觉得你是我可以聊天的对象
I always thought you were someone I could talk to.
而且你比杰瑞·亨德森
And you’re a lot better-looking
-长得好看多了 -亨德森
– than Jerry Henderson. Yeah. – Henderson?
-你知道吗 其实 -恩
– You know, the truth is… – Hmm?
我一直认为你是一个好人
I always thought you were a good man.
-是吗 -是啊
– You did? – Mm-hmm.
那你是怎么看我的 如果你想过的话
So how have you thought of me, if you ever have?
我是想过
Oh. I’ve thought of you.
-不会吧 -不 不仅仅是那样
– No. – No, not just that.
而是作为一个丰富的 有性格的人
But a person of substance, of character.
你怎么会有那种印象
Whatever gave you that impression?
因为你的生活方式
Because the way you lived your life,
卡尔去世之后你的生活方式
the way you managed your life after Carl died.
我和黛安也经历了同样的事
I knew the way it was with Diane and me,
在我看来 你做的比我好
and it seemed to me you were doing a lot better than I was.
我很佩服你
And I… I admired that.
但你从来没有过来跟我聊聊天
But you never came over or made a point of talking to me.
我怕打扰到你
Well… that would’ve been intrusive.
-我是说 -是啊 打扰
– I mean… – Yeah, intrusive.
你知道吗 我觉得
You know, I think…
你下次可以大大方方从前门进来
that you should come through the front door next time.
-我说过了 会有风言风语的 -让他们去说
– Well, like I said, people talk. – Oh, let them talk.
你知道吗 我这一辈子
You know, I’ve spent my
都很在意别人的想法
whole life worrying about what people think.
你还有什么想知道的
So, uh, what else do you want to know?
我确实有些问题想问
Well, I have some questions.
比如呢
Yeah, such as?
你老家是什么地方的 你小时候是什么样的
Well, where you’re from, what you were like as a little girl,
你怎么遇上卡尔的 你有哪些朋友
how you met Carl, who your friends are.
-啊 -我还有很多问题呢
Well, what? I could go on.
很多啊 你知道的
I could… You know?
你的宗教信仰是什么 你支持哪个党
What you believe in, what party you vote for.
-喂 -谢天谢地
– Hello? – Oh, thank God.
霍莉吗
Holly?
-我都准备报♥警♥了 -出什么事了
– I was ready to call the police. – What’s wrong?
没什么事 爸爸 我很担心你
Nothing’s wrong, Dad. I was worried about you.
我昨晚上打了三次电♥话♥ 你都没有接
I called three times last night. You didn’t answer.
哦 嗯
Oh, um…
你去哪了
Where were you?
我只是没有听见电♥话♥响 霍莉
I guess I just didn’t hear the phone, Holly.
也许你该去买♥♥一个
Well, maybe it’s time you
我们上次说的那种助听器
invest in those hearing aids we talked about.
什么
What?
爸爸
Dad?
开玩笑的 霍莉 我听得见
Yes? I was kidding, Holly. That’s a joke.

Oh.
最近怎么样 你在忙些什么
So what else is going on? What are you up to?
嗯 没忙什么
Uh, not much.
-噢 你好啊 -哈
– Well, hello, there. – Oh.
给我说说那个第三者
Tell me about the other woman.
她叫塔玛拉 不知道是不是还活着
Her name was Tamara, still is if she’s alive.
-她也是个老师 对吗 -对
– She was a teacher, too, right? – Uh-huh.
你知道么 我在停车场见过她一两次
Yeah. You know, I saw her once or twice in the parking lot
我刚好去接吉恩回家
when I went to pick Gene up from school.
个子很高 很有异国风情
She was tall, exotic.
-她是印第安人 对吗 -是的
– Native American, right? – Yeah.
她后来嫁给了一个销♥售♥员 他们有一个女儿
She was married to a salesman, um, and they had a daughter,
差不多跟霍莉一样大
about the same age as Holly.
恩 那时我跟黛安的婚姻生活很不顺
Well, at that time, Diane and I, we really weren’t doing so well.
为什么不顺
Why not?
主要责任在我
Well, because of me.
她也有一点点责任
And a little bit her, too.
那时霍莉还小
You know, Holly was little,
我们两个都不知道要怎么过自己的人生
and neither one of us really, really knew what we were doing,
我们的争执
and we would have these
最终会演变成家庭大战
arguments that would turn into fights, and then…
然后她就开始哭 在我们还没有
and then she’d start crying and leave the room
吵出个所以然之前 她就摔门走了
before we could finish what we were fighting about.
所以 在学校你们之间有一个做了某个动作 还是
And so, at school, one of you made some move, some gesture or…
是的 有一天我待在休息室 她走了进来
Yeah, one day I was in the lounge, and she walked in, and…
她走到我身边 把手放在我的手臂上
she walked up to me and just put her hand on my arm,
一个很不经意的姿势
just the tiniest, tiniest gesture.
我记得是所得税申报时期 四月中旬
And I remember it was tax time. It was the middle of April.
我填好了所得税申报表 那晚出门去邮寄
And I was doing our taxes, and I went to mail them that night,
我经过她家的时候 不知道为什么
and as I went by her house, for no good reason,
她抬起头 透过窗户看见了我
she looked up and saw me through the window.
所以就这样开始了
And that’s how it started?
就在报税日 很奇怪 对吗
On Tax Day. Strange, isn’t it?
嗯 这些事情总是以各种方式发生
Well, these things happen in all kinds of ways.
后来 我离开了黛安和霍莉
And then, I left Diane and Holly
搬过去跟塔玛拉和她的女儿一起生活
and I moved in with Tamara and her daughter,
塔玛拉的丈夫离开了她们
and her husband moved out.
之后呢
And then?
嗯 我们相安无事住了好几周 我的意思是
Well, we got along for a couple of weeks. I mean…

And…
天啊 她真漂亮
God, she was beautiful.
她有着最为美丽的棕色眼睛和柔嫩的皮肤
And she had… the most beautiful brown eyes and skin like satin.
-她也有着 -那后来是怎么结束的呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!