Kid, I was there. I saw it with my own two eyes.
小子 我当时也在场 我亲眼看到了
What you saw was me being terrified and trying not to die.
你们看到的是我被吓坏了 努力不让自己死掉
Now that you mention it,
既然你提到了
it did kind of have an air of mortal desperation.
当时确实有一种绝望的气息
But that doesn’t make it any less impressive!
但这并不影响它给我们留下的 深刻印象!
Dark, you’re not listening.
黑漆漆 你没听明白
I didn’t overcome my fears. I’m still just as scared as ever.
我根本克服恐惧 还是像以前一样害怕
I know for a fact you’re wrong, and I can prove it.
我肯定你错了 而且我可以证明
I sincerely doubt that. – Oh, yeah, Mr. Smarty Pants?
我非常怀疑 – 哦 真的吗? 自作聪明的小子?
Try this one on for size.
我们来试试看
You’re not still afraid of me.
你不再害怕我了
Are you?
是吗?
I’m not scared of you.
我不怕你
See?
看吧?
That’s what I’m talking about.
这就是我要说的
You know, my daughter’s gonna love that we’re becoming friends.
我女儿看到我们成为朋友 一定会很开心
I knew you’d start warming up to me.
我就知道你会慢慢喜欢上我的
Hold on, aren’t you too young to have a daughter?
慢着 你这么小 哪来的女儿?
My future daughter.
我未来的女儿
You’re wacko, kid.
你真是个古怪的小子
Wait.
等一下
So, are you saying that you could see into the future when you were a kid?
你是说你小时候能看到未来吗?
I guess. I don’t know. I’m just kind of riffing here.
我想是吧 我也不知道 我只是在即兴发挥
Is that a bad idea? – No. I don’t know.
这是个坏主意吗? – 不 我也不知道
The story is great.
这个故事很棒
I like that you made Light a character, too.
我喜欢你把大光明也塑造成一个角色
Is he coming back, or was that just like a guest appearance?
他会回来吗 还是只是客串?
Uh, possibly. Like I said, I’m just riffing.
呃 有可能 就像我刚说的那样 我只是在即兴发挥
I don’t know how you keep making all this stuff up.
我不知道你怎么可以编出这么多故事
Well, you could definitely make up a story like this.
你也一定可以编出这样的故事
No, I couldn’t. It’s just… Is it too much stuff?
不 我不能 我只是觉得…有些过于复杂了?
Like you’re already traveling around the world with magical Night Entities,
你已经和夜晚的存在物 一起环游世界了
and now you can predict the future, too?
现在你还可以预测未来?
Gilding the lily?
画蛇添足了?
I don’t know what that means.
我不知道那是什么意思
It means what you said. – Oh. Then, yeah.
就是你刚刚说的意思 – 哦 那么是的
Hm. That’s a terrific point.
你说的很有道理
I’m going to remove the “predicting the future” element.
我会删掉关于”预测未来”的部分
No more predictions from me as young Orion.
小猎户星不会再预测什么未来了
You sure? I mean, it’s kind of cool and funny, so…
你确定吗? 这很酷又很有趣 所以…
Nope! It’s gone.
不!我确定
Okay.
好吧
Hm. I’m lost. Where were we?
我忘了 我们说到哪了?
You were flying through the night with Dark again.
你和黑漆漆一起再次飞入了夜色
Right. So Dark and I were flying through the night again,
对 我和黑漆漆一次再次飞入了夜色
only this time, it was different.
但是这次并不一样
You’re right, you really can see
没错 我真能把演员们脸上的皱纹
every wrinkle on the actors’ faces!
看得清清楚楚!
Like rings on a log.
就像树龄一样
I mean, I guess it kind of looks like a belt.
我想它看起来确实有点像腰带
Know what it looks like to me?
知道我眼中的它是什么样子吗?
A robot waiting for a hug.
等待被拥抱的机器人
Is that a gas smell?
那是煤气味吗?
Did I remember to turn the oven off?
我记得关掉烤箱了吗?
Nothing is working!
什么都没用!
Okay, let’s see. Which tape to use? Which tape here…
好吧 让我看看 要用哪卷磁带呢? 到底是哪卷呢…
Hello! – What did I tell you, kid?
你好! – 我跟你说什么来着 小子?
What if life is a cosmic accident…
如果生命是一场宇宙事故…
What! No, no, no. – …and my existence has no meaning?
什么!不 不 不 – 而我的存在根本就没有意义?
Wait, wait, wait, wait. No, no, no! – Mommy!
慢着 慢着 不不不! – 妈妈!
That’s it.
够了
I gotta get back into therapy. – Wow, kid! You go deep.
我要重新接受治疗 – 哇 小子!你说得真有深度
What was that?
那是什么声音?
Honey, I think I heard something.
亲爱的 我想我听到了什么
Do you know how much I pay for you by the hour? Wait for once, okay?
你知道我按小时付你多少钱吗? 等一下 好吗?
Mommy! Mommy!
妈妈!妈妈!
Oh, sweetie, what’s wrong?
哦 亲爱的 怎么了?
I got scared.
我很害怕
I hate the dark so much.
我很讨厌黑暗
Come on, everyone.
大家快来
I hear the tea is exceptional here.
我听说这里的茶很好喝
Hey, Dark. Thanks by the way.
嘿 黑漆漆 顺便说一句 谢谢你
For what?
谢什么?
You know, all of this.
所有这一切
Showing me that there’s more to night than just the darkness.
让我知道夜晚不仅仅是黑暗
Ah, don’t mention it.
啊 不用谢
That kid back there?
刚刚那个小子?
Don’t listen to him.
别听他的
He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
他不知道自己在说什么
Maybe he does. – He doesn’t.
也许他知道的 – 他不知道
I was the same way, remember?
我之前也是那样的 记得吗?
He’s just afraid.
他只是害怕
Yeah. I know what it’s like to be afraid, too.
是啊 我也知道害怕是什么感觉
You? What could you possibly be afraid of?
你? 你会有什么可怕的?
I guess I’m afraid that everyone’s right about me.
我想我怕大家说得都对
That I’m not a good guy, and I’m just as scary as everyone says.
我不是一个好人 我就像他们说得那么可怕
Hey, Dark? Remember when you told me you’re actually a really great guy?
黑漆漆? 你还记得你之前告诉我 其实你是个好人?
And I didn’t believe you?
而我当时不相信你吗?
Yeah.
记得
I’m starting to believe you.
我开始相信你了
Aw, thanks.
啊 谢谢你!
You know, you really have come a long way.
你真的改变了很多
Uh, I don’t know about that.
我不是很确定
That’s it. Let’s get back to work.
好了 我们继续工作吧
Time to go. – Okay. Time to get sleepy.
该走了 – 好吧 是时候要睡了
Welp, come on. That’s our cue. Break’s over.
来吧 这是我们的提示 休息结束了
Orion, you dropped this.
猎户星 你掉了这个
Oh, uh, thanks, Quiet.
哦 谢谢你 悄悄
Eh… don’t mention it.
喔…不用客气
All right, kid, you ready? Hop on. Huh?
好了小子 准备好了吗? 上来吧 啊?
You gotta be kidding me.
你一定是在开玩笑吧
Who is he? – That is Light. He’s Dark’s nemesis.
他是谁? – 那是大光明 黑漆漆的宿敌
I like him, for some reason. He makes me feel safe.
我喜欢他 不知为何他让我感到安全
Like I’m wrapped in a warm blanket.
就像我裹在温暖的毯子里一样
You know, if you’re into that kind of thing.
我是说如果你喜欢那感觉的话
“Ooh, look at me. I’m so bright!”
“哦 看看我 我真光明!”
I’ve got tricks too, you know.
我也有绝招的
But unlike some of us, I like to leave a little to the imagination,
但我不像有些人 我喜欢给人留一点想象空间
instead of rubbing it in everyone’s face.
而不是当着所有人的面展示出来
Come on, Dark.
行了 黑漆漆
Do we really have to go through this every time?
我们真的每次都要经历一遍吗?
Go through what? I don’t know what you’re talking about.
经历什么啊? 我都不知道你在说什么
Uh, your attitude, your lateness, your insecurity.
你的态度 你的迟到 你的不安全感
How you doing, kid?
你好吗 小子?
Um, hi!
你好!
It’s always the same routine with you, man.
你每次都这样
I show up, you feel inadequate,
我一出现你就感到不自信
then you start to project your insecurities onto me.
然后你开始把自己的不安全感 归咎于我
Every day, I bring brightness and hope to the world,
我每天都给世界带来光明和希望
and you bring the exact opposite.
而你带来的却恰恰相反
Eh… That’s not… I’m…
那不是…我
I do more than that.
我做的可不止这些
Wait, really? Like what?
等等 真的吗? 比如?
Like, a lot of stuff. I would love to tell you all about it,
多着呢 我很乐意全部都告诉你
but I don’t really have the time right now.
但我现在真的没时间
Finally, something we can both agree on.
我们的意见终于一致了
Welp, I’m bringing daylight through here in about three seconds,
我会在大约三秒钟后将阳光洒向这里
so if you want to continue to exist, I’d, uh, you know…
所以如果你还想继续存在的话 我就会 你懂的…
Oh, whatever. We were leaving anyway. Jerk!
哦 随便你 反正我们也要走了 混♥蛋♥!
I wouldn’t call him a jerk. He seems okay.
他不太像是混♥蛋♥ 看起来是个好人