But we can’t dwell on that because we’ve got a lot of work to do, kid.
不过我们赶快翻篇吧 还有很多事情等着我们呢 小子
And in a way, my job is the most fundamental.
从某种程度上来说 我的工作是最基本的
I show up every night, and I bring it.
我每晚都会出现 把它带来
Bring what? – Dark.
带来什么? – 黑暗
And it’s probably the most important job, too,
这也算得上是我最重要的工作了
because without darkness,
因为如果没有黑暗
the others don’t get to do their bits.
其他人就没法做他们该做的事情
What do you mean “the others”?
“其他人”是什么意思?
The other Night Entities.
其他夜晚的存在物
Wait, there’s more?
慢着 不只你一个?
“高速公路咖啡馆”
Raise. In or out, Insomnia?
加注 跟还是不跟 难眠?
I’m thinking. I’m always thinking. You know that.
我在思考 我一直在思考 你知道的
Can’t seem to stop my brain. Think, think, think!
我的大脑似乎无法停止 思考 思考 思考!
Ah, crap. I’m out. What about you, Quiet?
啊 糟糕 我不跟 悄悄 你呢?
Call. – Call.
跟 – 跟
You’re up, Sleep.
该你了 困困
What?
什么?
Royal flush?
皇家同花顺?
Unbelievable.
简直不敢相信
Gosh darn it!
讨厌!
Huh? What happened? What did I miss?
啊? 怎么了? 我错过了什么?
You won.
你赢了
Oh, wonderful. Pleasure doing business with you.
哦 太棒了 跟你们玩得真开心
Great.
好极了
Wait, wait. Why are we going in here?
等等 我们为什么来这里?
Well, kid, it’s break time!
小子 现在是休息时间!
The other Night Entities and I take one every new time zone.
我和其他夜晚的存在物们 每到一个新时区都会休息一次
We’re fun, you’re gonna love us.
我们很欢乐 你一定会喜欢我们
Heya, gang, what’s up! – Heya, Dark!
嘿 大家好吗? – 你好 黑漆漆!
Welcome back! Huh?
欢迎回来!啊?
Great work tonight, guys.
大家今晚干得好
You brought the kid? – Dark brought the kid!
你带来了一个孩子? – 黑漆漆带了一个小孩子!
So irresponsible!
太不负责任了!
Unbelievable!
真不敢相信!
Are you nuts?
你疯了吗?
Well, this is the opposite of encouraging.
这跟你说的可不太一样
I’ve got this.
有我呢
Orion, allow me to introduce you to the other Night Entities.
猎户星 请允许我向你 介绍其他几位夜晚的存在物
There’s Sleep, Quiet, Insomnia, Unexplained Noises,
他们是困困 悄悄 难眠 无解的噪音
and, of course, the most creative and poetic of us all,
当然了 还有我们中最富创造力
Sweet Dreams.
与诗意的美梦香甜
You brought the Screamer?
你把那个尖叫不停的小子带来了?
The kid who’s afraid of everything!
那个什么都怕的小子
Is this your latest attempt at trying to convince the world that you’re not so bad?
这是你试图让世界相信 你没那么糟糕的最新尝试吗?
Helping random children
随便找个孩子
to boost your fragile self-esteem
帮他提高脆弱的自尊心
is not in our job description!
可不在我们的工作范围之内!
Whoa. That is insightfully harsh.
你们说得真够刻薄的
Do you have any idea how many things could go wrong?
你知道有多少事情可能会出错吗?
I mean, what if he freaks out and slows you down,
如果他吓坏了 拖慢了你的速度
and you know who finally catches up, and you get obliterated,
那个连名字都不能提的家伙 就会追上你 把你彻底消灭
and the concept of darkness ceases to exist,
然后黑暗就再也不存在了
and the fabric of the universe is permanently and irreparably altered?
然后宇宙结构也会永久且不可挽回地发生改变?
That’s a thing that can happen? – Ah, seems unlikely.
这是可能发生的事情吗? – 不太可能啦
All right. Enough of this nonsense.
好了 说够废话了
I’m sorry, honey, but Dark never should’ve brought you here.
抱歉 亲爱的 但黑漆漆不应该带你来这里
You’re just gonna have to find your own way home. Okay?
你要自己想办法回家 好吗?
Now, come on, everyone. Break time’s over!
好了 伙计们 休息时间结束了!
Some of us have work to do.
我们之中还是有人要工作的
Wait!
等等!
One night could change everything!
一晚就可以改变一切!
I got 24 hours with this kid.
我有二十四小时可以跟这小子一起
We help him overcome his fear of the dark and all his nightly screaming,
我们帮助他克服对黑暗的恐惧 他就不会在夜里尖叫了
and all that interference with your jobs just goes away.
那样你们每晚工作时都不会被♥干♥扰
All right, fine.
那好吧
Just make sure he stays out of my hair.
你必须确保他不会烦到我
Absolutely. Not a problem. Won’t be in your hair at all.
绝对没问题 我一定不会让他烦到你
Did you mean that? – What?
你是认真的吗? – 什么?
You really think you can fix everything I’m afraid of in one night?
你真的认为你可以一晚 解决我所害怕的一切吗?
One night can change everything.
一晚可以改变一切
Hey, what’s that light? – Light? What light? I don’t see any light.
嘿 那束光是什么? – 光? 什么光? 我没有看到任何光
The one behind you that you’re trying to keep me from seeing.
就在你身后 那道你一直不想让我看的光
Me? Keep you from seeing?
我? 不想让你看?
That’s cuckoo banana talk.
别说傻话了
Not so close. I don’t think they like me.
不要那么近 我觉得他们不喜欢我
What? That’s ridiculous. You’re totally likeable.
什么? 别傻了 你很讨人喜欢
They called me night enemy number one and said I ruin their jobs.
他们说我是头号♥夜间敌人 还说我毁了他们的工作
Yeah, admittedly, they didn’t make the best first impression.
的确 不可否认 他们给人留下的第一印象不是很好
But just wait until you see them in action.
不过 等你看到他们的工作 你就会改变看法了
It’s totally inspiring. And not scary at all.
他们非常鼓舞人心 而且一点也不可怕
Ah, yes, sleep is responsible for making sure
啊 是的 困困负责确保
all the creatures of the world go to sleep at night.
世界上所有的生物在晚上入睡
She’s down there making everyone go to sleep?
她在下面让所有人都入睡吗?
Oh, yeah! You gotta watch, it’s really fascinating.
哦 没错!你一定要去看看 那很精彩
What? – Oh, don’t worry, she’s a professional,
怎么了? – 哦 别担心 她是专业的
and it’s a magic pillow.
而且那是一个魔法枕头
and compare them to
“…和我们用空气炸锅”
our air fried quinoa.
“烹饪的 藜麦相比”
I love quinoa. Yes!
“我喜欢藜麦 好极了!”
Oh, my God.
天啊
Please tell me that’s magic chloroform.
请告诉我那是魔法哥罗芳
Uh, yeah… Magic.
没错…是魔法
restless creatures walk more than 3,000 miles in the seasons ahead.
“…不安的生物在未来的季节里 行走超过四千公里”
Oh, you’re a cutie pie, aren’t you?
哦 你真是个小可爱 是不是?
“睡眠锤”
Stop! No!
住手!不!
Stop!
住手!
Dark!
黑漆漆!
Do you mind? I can’t have this blabbermouth freaking out
帮帮忙好吗? 我可受不了
while I’m trying to get work done!
这小子在我工作时抓狂!
None of what you’re doing is okay!
你做的这一切都是错的
Smothering someone with a pillow? Chloroform? A hammer?
用枕头闷晕人? 哥罗芳? 还有锤子?
Not to mention, questions of hygiene with that kiss.
更别提 那个吻有多不卫生
Listen, I’ve been doing this job for thousands of years.
听着 这工作我都做了好几千年了
I think I know what I’m doing, kid.
我知道自己在做什么 小子
And these lips are clean!
还有我的嘴唇干净得很!
Clean.
很干净
Uh, thanks for letting us see how the sausage gets made!
谢谢你让我们详细参观了你的工作!
I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to sleep again.
我不知道我以后要怎样入睡了
Uh, right.
好吧
Well, if you’re staying up all night then I’ve got just the Entity for you.
如果你彻夜难眠 那么有一个夜晚的存在物最适合你了
Insomnia is the best impressionist I’ve ever met.
难眠是我见过的最棒的滑稽演员了
He makes himself sound like the person he’s keeping up,
他让自己听起来像是 那些他想要弄醒的人
and then whispers worrisome things in their ears.
然后在他们耳边 低语一些令人担忧的事情
Why is that even a job?
这也算是工作?
Oh, you’re just great at making friends, aren’t you?
你一定很擅长交朋友吧?
Not really. – Yeah, that tracks.
不算是 – 啊 那就对了
Now, watch
现在 你给我看好了
and learn.
学着点
Classic Insomnia.
难眠的经典操作
Why did I say that to Michelle? She’s gonna think I’m an idiot.
我为什么对米歇尔这么说? 她会认为我是个白♥痴♥
Well, I’m pretty sure I’m getting fired.
我一定会被解雇的
I’m never going to meet my deadline!
我在期限前完成不了!
She’s sleeping pretty soundly.
她睡得很香
I’m gonna have to pull out the big guns for this one.
我得放个大招才行
“我在四年级时说过的蠢话”
Who can tell me the capital of Delaware?
“谁知道特拉华州的首府是哪? ”
The capital of Delaware is D.
“特拉华州的‘首字母’是D”
Who can tell me the capital of Delaware? – The capital of Delaware is D.
“谁知道特拉华州的首府是哪? ” -“特拉华州的‘首字母’是D”
All those sleepless nights were because of him?
我的那些不眠之夜都是因为他吗?
What a jerk…