And lust?
那淫欲呢
What is lust, Alan?
淫欲是什么 亚伦
Lust is to take and then take more.
淫欲是索取 然后不断地索取更多
To devour, to consume. No logic, no reason.
蚕食鲸吞 没有逻辑 没有理由
So…give, take.
那么 付出 索取
Which is it?
是哪一个呢
Both.
两者都是
I want to give her everything.
我要给她我的一切
And I want to take everything from her.
我也要拿走她的一切
Oh, Luis. You are a lost man.No, no.
哦 路易斯 你是个迷失的男人 不
She is the one who seems to be lost.
我觉得她才是迷失的那个
How, why, I don’t know. But that will change.
怎么会 为什么会 我不知道 但是 那会改变的
I can change that.
我可以改变它的
Mr. Vargas?
瓦格斯先生吗 是的
Walter Downs. I didn’t mean to startle you.
我是瓦特.达恩 我无意冒犯你
That’s okay. I was told I could find you upstairs.
没关系 他们说我能在楼上找到你
How can I help? Small matter.
我能为你效劳吗 小事一件
Hardly worth your trouble.
不会打扰到你的
I’ve been engaged by Miss Russell.
是罗素小姐找我来的
You mean, Julia?
你是说茱丽亚
No, Emily. Julia’s sister.
不 艾蜜莉 茱丽亚的姊姊
In Delaware.
在达拉瓦州
I’m a private investigator.
我是一名私♥家♥侦♥探♥
I just arrived from Wilmington.
刚从威灵顿到这不久
I understand. I know Miss Russell was distressed.
我明白 我知道罗素小姐的最近有些烦恼
But we wrote to her several weeks ago.
但几个星期前我们已写信给她了
I’m sure when she receives the letter, she will be much relieved.
她收到信后 就会放心了
Then Miss Julia is all right?
那么茱丽亚小姐过得很好了
More than all right. And more than Miss Julia.
非常好 而且也不再是茱丽亚小姐了
She’s Seniora Vargas, my wife.
她现在是瓦格斯夫人 我的妻子
So you are married?
那么 你们的确结婚了
That’s good news. Happily married.
那真是一个好的消息 我们新婚愉快
I can see that.
我也察觉到了
What a mystery a happy marriage is.
愉快的新婚是谜一样的东西
The bloom in the cheek, the spark in the eye.
脸颊放光 眼睛发亮
It shows, I guess. Yes, indeed.
人逢喜事精神爽嘛 是的 没错
Miss Russell will be pleased to hear of it.
罗素小姐会很高兴听到这消息的
I’d appreciate if you’d tell her.
我会很感谢你告诉她
I will indeed.
当然会的 谢谢
And I’ll be even more convincing when I’ve met your wife.
如果我能见到你的妻子的话 我会更加相信的
Yes, yes.
好的
Why not?
为何不呢
We will be home Sunday afternoon.
我们星期日下午会在家
You want to come by for a coffee?
你想来喝杯咖啡吗
Yes, I will.
我会的
Convey to your wife how much I look forward to seeing her.
请转告你的妻子 我很期待与她的会面 我会的
Outside, please. On the terrace.
是的 请把这个放外面阳台上 谢谢
Do as she says.
照她说的做
Just in time.
你来得正好
This is for Sunday paseo, and this one for weekdays.
这件给星期天散步穿 这件平常穿
Fine, fine.
不错不错
And the rest?
其它这些是什么
This one I like.
我喜欢这个….
What do you mean? There are seven days in a week.
什么意思 一星期有七天啊…
Is there nothing in your trunk?
你的衣箱呢 里头是空的吗
Nothing good. Anyway, I’ve lost the key.
里头没什么特别的 而且我弄丢了钥匙
We’ll get a locksmith. It’s an easy job. Actually…
我们可以去找一个锁匠啊 太容易了
… l’ll do it myself.
事实上 我更想自己来
No, I want to show you something. Come.
过来 我有东西给你看 来啊
You must leave now. I’m going to kiss my husband.
你们可以走了 我现在要亲吻我的丈夫
Then we’re going to take a bath.
然后我们要去洗澡
What do I smell?
我闻到什么了
My perfume.
我的香水
No.
不是
A cigar.
是雪茄
I tried one.
我是想试试看
One of my cigars?
我的雪茄吗
I wanted the taste of you in my mouth.
我想要我的嘴里有你的味道
You have no shame at all.
你一点都不觉得羞耻 不
There is no shame in loving each other.
彼此相爱 不需要觉得羞耻
Do you love me? Julia?
你爱我吗
Do you love me?
茱丽亚 你爱我吗
Or are you not the loving kind?
或者你不是会爱人的那种人
I forgot to tell you.
我忘了告诉你一件事
We have a visitor coming on Sunday.
我们星期日会有一个访客
We do?
是吗
Yes…
是的…
…a genuine private investigator…
一个正牌的私♥家♥侦♥探♥
… all the way from Delaware.
从遥远的达拉瓦州来的
So, Emily sent him.
是爱蜜莉派他来的吗
Yeah. Detective Downs.
是的 达恩探员
Detective Downs, did you say?
你是说 达恩探员
Don’t worry, he only needs to see that you’re well…
别担心 他只是来看看你是否过得好…
… and happy and truly my wife.
是否快乐 以及是否真的是我的妻子
Then this nonsense is over.
然后就没事了
When will that damn bird stop screaming?
为什么那只该死的鸟总是不停地叫
Julia.
茱丽亚
Careful, it’s coming.
来了 来了
Oh, no.

No

Don Luis, look. He’s dead.
路易斯先生 看 它死了
He was just singing.
他刚刚还在唱歌♥
He’s not singing now, is he?
它现在再也不能唱了
Looks like he got his little neck broken.
它好像把自己的脖子弄断了
Take him away. I don’t want Julia to see him.
把它拿走 我不想茱丽亚看到
How does a person die on this instrument?
人在这种工具下是怎么个死法
I believe that…
我相信… 旋转手把
…the turning of the wheel breaks one’s neck.
将会扭断人的脖子
And if it doesn’t?
如果不成功呢
Does one then strangle?
那人会不会被勒死
Are you afraid?
你害怕吗
No.

Julia is not afraid.
茱丽亚是不会怕的
But Bonny is.
但是 邦妮会
I don’t understand. Who is Bonny?
我不明白 谁是邦妮
Who is Bonny?
谁是邦妮
I’m looking for Mr. Vargas.
我要找瓦格斯先生
That is a question Luis would soon be asking.
这个问题 路易斯很快就会问到了
Mr. Vargas?
瓦格斯先生
My name is Russell.
我是罗素小姐
Emily Russell.
爱蜜莉.罗素
I am Julia’s sister.
我是茱丽亚的姊姊
So you understand how upset I was to receive this letter.
你该明白 当我收到这封信时 我是多么的难过
Upset?
难过
But…I thought you would be pleased to receive it.
我还以为你收到后会很高兴的
This letter, sir…
这封信…先生…
…written in answer to the one I last sent…
是回复我上封给她的信的
…and which is signed in her name…
而且是签着她的名字
… is not from Julia.
但不是茱丽亚写的
Of course it is.
当然是 当然是
I mailed it myself.
我亲手寄出去的
It was not written by my sister.
这封信不是我妹妹写的
Miss Russell.
罗素小姐
I’m sorry.
对不起 对不起
Don’t be upset. I swear to you–
请别难过
Swear as much as you like.
我向你发誓 随你怎么发誓
That is not Julia’s handwriting.
这不是茱丽亚的笔迹
That is the handwriting of a stranger.
那是一个陌生人的笔迹
A person unknown.
一个不知名的人
At least to me.
至少我不认识

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!