-I don’t want anything from you!
-你这么说 然后你打电♥话♥给我
-别接啊
-Well, you say that, and then you call.
-Well, don’t answer.
你的电♥话♥我永远都会接
I’ll always answer.
好吧
Fine.
只是别再送花了
Just no more flowers.
你不来吗?
You’re not coming?
你该明白人生不总是一帆风顺 罗伯特
You have to know when you’re beaten, Robert.
没那么简单 哈克
It’s not that simple, Haak.
薛瓦利埃 很高兴见到你 芭芭拉 很高兴见到你
Chevalier, good to see you. Barbara, good to see you.
还有杰出的奥本海默博士
And the illustrious Dr. Oppenheimer.
-我是埃尔坦登
-哦 幸会
-I’m Eltenton.
-Oh, pleasure.
幸会 幸会
Please, please.
你为什么不谈谈校园劳工组织呢?
Why don’t you say a word about organized labor on campuses?
对吧? 借过 借过!
Yes? Coming through, coming through!
我在壳牌公♥司♥工作
I work at Shell.
我们雇了化学家 我们雇了工程师
We’ve signed up chemists, we’ve signed up engineers.
那么为什么科学界和学术界没有呢?
So why not sciences and academia?
奥比! 奥比! 奥比! 奥比!
Oppie! Oppie! Oppie! Oppie!
教师都组织工会了
Teachers are unionized.
教授为什么还没有?
Why not professors?
你不是还有事吗?
Don’t you have somewhere to be?
劳伦斯 学者也有权利
Lawrence, academics have rights too.
听着 不是那样的 我有一群人要来
Look, it’s not that. I’ve got a group coming.
-哦 我会参加的
-这个不行
-Oh. I’ll sit in.
-Not this one.
理查德 布♥什♥博士
Richard, Dr. Bush.
什么风把你们吹到北方来了?
What brings you two up north?
理查德 你告诉露丝我周四会去帕萨迪纳
Richard, you tell Ruth I’ll be down in Pasadena Thursday.
黑洞论文 新鲜出炉!
Paper on black holes, it’s in!
哈特兰在哪?
Where’s Hartland?
快找哈特兰 快找哈特兰
Get Hartland. Get Hartland.
1939年9月1日? 全世界会永远记住这一天
September 1st, 1939? The world’s gonna remember this day.
噢 哈特兰 我们的论文出版了
Oh, Hartland, our paper, it’s in print.
我们被人抢了头条
You’ve been upstaged.
在不列颠之战中 我发现自己
During the Battle of Britain, I found myself
越来越不同情……
increasingly out of sympathy with the…
共♥产♥党主张的中立政策
policy of neutrality that communists advocated.
但在希♥特♥勒♥入侵俄♥国♥ 我们成为盟友之后
But after Hitler invaded Russia and we became allies,
你的共♥产♥主义者的同情心 又回来了吗?
these communist sympathies, do they return?
没有
No.
我需要澄清的是 我改变对俄♥国♥的看法
I need to make clear that my changing views on Russia
并不意味着与那些持不同观点的人彻底决裂
did not mean a sharp break from those who held different views.
在上一段婚姻中的一两年里
For a year or two during a previous marriage,
我的妻子凯蒂曾是共♥产♥党员
my wife Kitty had been a Communist Party member.
这是我放好东西的地方
This is where I keep the good stuff.
我以为这是托尔曼的家
Well, I thought this was the Tolmans’ house.
我在加州理工的时候和他们住在一起
I live with them while I’m at Caltech.
你们两个需要什么吗?
Do you two need anything?
我们没事 露丝
We’re good, Ruthie.
你是个生物学家
So, you’re a biologist.
你不说我都忘了 我现在是家庭主妇
Well, somehow I have graduated to housewife.
你能给我解释一下量子力学吗?
Can you explain quantum mechanics to me?
-似乎很深奥
-是的 没错
-Seems baffling.
-Yes, it is.
嗯 这个杯子
Well, this glass,
这杯酒……这个台面……
this drink… this countertop…
我们的身体
Our bodies.
所有这些
All of it.
大部分都是空的
It’s mostly empty space.
成群的微小能量波聚集在一起
Groupings of tiny energy waves bound together.
通过什么?
By what?
强大的吸引力足以让我们相信
Forces of attraction strong enough to convince us
物质是固体
that matter is solid.
阻止我的身体穿过你的身体
Stop my body passing through yours.
你嫁给了哈里森博士
You’re married to Dr. Harrison.
还是说你吧
Not very.
有一个人 我感觉……
There is someone that I feel…
她也有那种感觉吗?
Does she feel that way?
有时候吧
Sometimes.
还不够
Not enough.
知道吗 我要去新墨西哥州
You know, I’m going to New Mexico.
去我的牧场 和朋友们一起
To my ranch, with friends.
你应该来
You should come.
我是说 和你丈夫
I meant, with your husband.
是的 没错
Yes, you did.
因为你知道这不会有什么不同
Because you know it won’t make a bit of difference.
你为什么嫁给他?
Why did you marry him?
我迷失了 而且 他对我很好
I was lost, and… he was kind.
迷失?
Lost?
我的前夫去世时
Well, my previous husband had died, and…
我才28岁 还没准备好做寡妇
at 28, I wasn’t really ready to be a widow.
-你的第一任丈夫是谁?
-不值一提
-Who was your first husband?
-Nobody.
我的第二任丈夫是乔·达莱特
My second husband was Joe Dallet.
他和我一样出身富贵
He was from money, like me,
但他是俄亥俄州扬斯敦的工会组织者
but he was a union organizer in Youngstown, Ohio.
我一下跌入谷底
I fell hard.
-有多谷底?
-足以让你在接下来的四年里
-How hard?
-Hard enough to spend the next four years
靠豆子和煎饼为生
living off beans and pancakes,
在工厂门口发放《工人日报》
handing out the Daily Worker at factory gates.
到了1936年 我告诉乔我再也受不了了
By ’36, I just told Joe I couldn’t take it anymore.
退出共♥产♥党
Quit the party.
一年后 我想让他回来
A year later, I wanted him back.
是他 不是那个社会活动家 然后
Him, not the Daily Worker. And…
他说 好的 我们在去西班牙的路上见
he said: “Swell, I’ll meet you on my way to Spain.”
去为共和派而战?
Went to fight for the Loyalists?
于是他参加了国际旅 我等着
And then he went to the brigades and I waited.
后来……
And…
乔第一次从战壕里探出头就被杀了
Joe got himself killed first time he popped his head out of the trench.
意识形态害死了乔 毫无意义
Ideology got Joe killed, for nothing.
西班牙共和国不是一无是处
The Spanish Republic isn’t nothing.
我丈夫为了阻止一颗法♥西♥斯♥子弹牺牲了我们两个人的未来
My husband offered both our futures to stop one fascist bullet
把自己埋在泥滩里
from embedding itself in a mud bank.
这就是虚无的定义
That’s the definition of nothing.
-假乎有点简化了
-实话实说
-Seems a little reductive.
-Pragmatic.
现在我在这里
Now here I am.
不管这是哪里
Wherever the hell this is.
我不想让你从别人那里听到这件事
I didn’t want you to hear it from anyone else.
至少你没再给我送花
At least you didn’t bring me flowers.
我们都知道我不是你想要的 琼
We both know I’m not what you want, Jean.
是啊 反正不可能了
Yeah, but it’s a door closing.

No.
对我来说 不
Not as far as I’m concerned, no.
你把她搞大了 动作真快
You knocked her up. Fast work.
不能伤害一个无辜者
Can’t keep a good man down.
我是说她
I meant her.
她知道自己想要什么
She knew what she wanted.
她丈夫呢?
What about the husband?
我们谈过了
We talked.
他们会离婚
They’re getting a divorce,
这样我们就能赶在她大肚前结婚
so we can get married before she starts showing.
多文明啊
How civilized.
你是个傻瓜
You idiot.
这是你的地盘
This is your community.
你觉得这些规矩不适用于天才吗?
You think the rules don’t apply to the golden boy?
才华能弥补很多缺点
Brilliance makes up for a lot.
不要疏远世界上唯一理解你的事业的人