we have voted, two-to-one,
拒绝延长你的安全许可
to deny the renewal of your security clearance.
一份完整的意见书 包括埃文斯先生的异议
A full written opinion, with a dissent from Mr. Evans,
会在未来几天内递交原子能委员会
will be issued to the AEC in the coming days.
就这样
That is all.
罗伯特
Robert.
罗伯特
Robert.
别……
Don’t…
别把床单收起来
Don’t take in the sheets.
两分钟 两分钟!
Two minutes. Two minutes!
会有时间拍照!
You’ll get your shot!
结果出来了吗?
Is it official?
嗯 有几个出乎意料的反对者
Well, there were a couple of unexpected holdouts.
我被否决了 是吗?
I’m denied. Yeah?
-恐怕是这样 先生
-好吧
-I’m afraid so, sir.
-Alright.
谁不肯合作?
Who were the holdouts?
呃 有三个人
Um, there were three.
由马萨诸塞州的资深参议员领导
Led by the junior senator from Massachusetts.
一个初出茅庐的年轻人
Young guy trying to make a name for himself,
不喜欢你对奥本海默做的事
didn’t like what you did to Oppenheimer.
他叫什么名字?
What’s his name?
呃 肯尼迪
Uh, Kennedy.
约翰·F·肯尼迪
John F. Kennedy.
凯蒂?
Kitty?
你是不是以为 如果你让他们给你涂上柏油和羽毛
Did you think that if you let them tar and feather you,
那么全世界将会原谅你?
then the world would forgive you?
不会的
It won’t.
再说吧
We’ll see.
你说过我会没事的
You told me I’d be okay.
是的 好吧 我没有掌握所有的事实 不是吗?
Yeah, well, I didn’t have all the facts, did I?
事实是
Here’s a fact.
去年艾森豪威尔总统把自♥由♥勋章别在我胸前
President Eisenhower pinned the Medal of Freedom on my chest last year,
因为我一直在为这个国家做正确的事
because I’ve always done what’s right for this country.
他们不想让我进内阁? 嗯 没……没关系
They don’t want me in the cabinet room? Well, that’s… that’s fine.
也许他们应该邀请奥本海默
Maybe they should just invite Oppenheimer instead.
也许他们会的
Maybe they will.
我告诉过你 他让科学家们反对我
I told you. He turned the scientists against me,
一个接一个 从爱因斯坦开始
one by one, starting with Einstein.
我跟你说过的 爱因斯坦 爱因斯坦在池塘边
I told you about that. Einstein. Einstein by the pond.
是的 但是你知道 先生 因为没有人……
You did, but you know, sir, since nobody…
真的知道他们那天互相说了什么
really knows what they said to each other that day,
有没有可能他们根本没谈论过你?
is it possible they didn’t talk about you at all?
有没有可能他们谈到了什么 呃……
Is it possible they spoke about something, uh…
更重要的?
more important?
谢谢
Thank you.
阿尔伯特
Albert.
风云人物
The man of the moment.
你曾经在伯克利为我举办过一场招待会
You once held a reception for me in Berkeley.
-你颁给我一个奖 记得吗?
-记得
-You gave me an award, hmm?
-Yes.
你们都以为我已经无法理解自己开创的学科
You all thought that I had lost the ability to understand what I’d started.
所以……
So…
那个奖不是给我的 是给你们的对不对
The award really wasn’t for me, it was for all of you, hmm?
现在轮到你了
Now it’s your turn
你不得不面对你的成就引发的后果
to deal with the consequences of your achievement.
等哪天 他们觉得你的惩罚够了
And one day, when they’ve punished you enough,
他们就会为你送上鲑鱼和土豆沙拉
they’ll serve you salmon and potato salad.
让你发表演讲
Make speeches.
给你一枚勋章
Give you a medal.
你好 弗兰克
Hello, Frank.
你开心 我就开心
You’re happy, I’m happy.
拍拍你的背 告诉你一切已经既往不咎
Pat you on the back, tell you all is forgiven.
记住了……
Just remember…
他们那样做不是为了你
it won’t be for you.
而是为了他们自己
It’ll be for them.
阿尔伯特……
Albert…
当我带着计算结果来找你时
when I came to you with those calculations,
我们认为我们可能会引发链式反应
we thought we might start a chain reaction
从而毀灭整个世界
that would destroy the entire world.
我记得很清楚 那又怎样?
I remember it well. What of it?
我们毁灭了世界
I believe we did.