20 minutes.
20分钟!
20 minutes!
还有20分钟!
That’s 20!
请放腿上
On the leg, please.
-费曼?
-不
-Feynman?
-No.
玻璃可以阻挡紫外线
The glass stops the UV.
那什么阻挡玻璃?
What stops the glass?
我要去大本营
I’m heading to base camp.
祝你好运
Best of luck.
罗伯特?
Robert?
尽量不要炸毁世界
Try not to blow up the world.
小心指针 如果雷♥管♥不充电
Watch that needle. If the detonators don’t charge,
电压降到一伏以下
and the voltage drops below one volt,
你就按下那个按钮 中止行动 明白吗?
you hit that button, you abort. Understood?
明白
Understood.
距离爆♥炸♥还有2分钟
Two minutes to detonation.
所有人都趴下!
Everybody down!
在看到山上的反射光前 不要转身
Do not turn around until you see light reflected on the hills.
只能透过焊工玻璃看爆♥炸♥
Then look at the explosion only through your welder’s glass.
距离爆♥炸♥还有90秒
90 seconds to detonation.
距离爆♥炸♥还有80秒
80 seconds to detonation.
抹够了吗?
Is it rubbed in?
够了
Yeah.
距离爆♥炸♥还有60秒
60 seconds to detonation.
等待才是最可怕的事情
These things are hard on your heart.
30秒
30 seconds.
雷♥管♥充电完毕!
Detonators charged!
17.
17.
16.
16.
15.
15.
14.
14.
13.
13.
12.
12.
11.
11.
十
Ten.
九
Nine.
八
Eight.
七
Seven.
六
Six.
五
Five.
四
Four.
三
Three.
二
Two.
一
One.
“现在我成了死神……
“And now I am become Death…
“世界的毁灭者”
“the destroyer of worlds.”
成功了
It worked.
你欠我十块钱!
You owe me ten dollars!
-快点!
-我……认赌服输 凯斯蒂
-Come on!
-I… I’m good for it, Kisti.
你输了!
You are!
是的 你输了!
Yes, you are!
马上给我接波茨坦
Get me Potsdam right away.
给凯蒂带个口信
Get a message to Kitty.
-我们什么也不能说
-叫她把床单收起来
-We can’t say anything.
-Tell her to take in the sheets.
-喂?
-嗨 凯蒂?
-Hello?
-Hi, Kitty?
什么? 什么? 夏洛特? 夏洛特 继续 继续
What? What? Charlotte? Charlotte, go ahead. Go ahead.
噢 嗯 好的 我不知道
Oh, um, well, I don’t know,
他只是让你把床单收起来
he just said to tell you to bring in the sheets.
凯蒂?
Kitty?
凯蒂? 凯蒂 你还在吗?
Kitty? Kitty, are you still there?
如果引爆的位置太高 爆♥炸♥的威力就会减弱
If they detonate it too high in the air, the blast won’t be as powerful.
恕我直言 奥本海默博士 接下来交给我们吧
With respect, Dr. Oppenheimer, we’ll take it from here.
杜鲁门在波茨坦向斯大林通报了吗?
Did Truman brief Stalin at Potsdam?
说“通报”有点夸张
“Brief” would be an overstatement.
他提到了一种强大的新式武器
He referred to a powerful new weapon.
斯大林……希望我们用它来对付日本
Stalin… hoped we’d use it against Japan.
就这样?
That’s it?
罗伯特 我们给了他们一张王牌 随他们玩
Robert, we’ve given them an ace. It’s for them to play the hand.
你的目标是第六个?
You’re aiming for the sixth?
这取决于太平洋战区的指挥官
It’s up to the CO in the Pacific.
我应该和你一起去华盛顿吗?
Should I come with you to Washington?
做什么?
What for?
有消息随时通知我
Well, you keep me informed.
当然
Of course.
尽我所能
As best I can.
如果日本人知道即将发生的事 他们会投降吗?
Would the Japanese surrender if they knew what was coming?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你看过西拉德的请♥愿♥书吗?
Have you seen Szilard’s petition?
西拉德怎么会了解日本人?
How the hell does Szilard know about the Japanese?
你不会签吧?
You’re not signing it, are you?
很多人都签了 很多人
Many people have. A lot of people.
爱德华……
Edward…
我们造了这个炸♥弹♥并不能给我们比其他人更多的信息
the fact that we built this bomb does not give us any more,
更多的权利和责任
any more right or responsibility
来决定如何使用它
to decide how it’s used than anyone else.
但我们是唯一知道这件事的人
But we’re the only people who know about it.
我已经告诉史汀生 社区有各种意见
I’ve told Stimson the various opinions of the community.
但你的意见呢?
But what’s your opinion?
一旦使用……
Once it’s used…
也许 就是核战争……
nuclear war, perhaps…
所有战争……
all war…
变得难以想象
becomes unthinkable.
直到有人造出一个更大的炸♥弹♥
Until somebody builds a bigger one.
我以为他们会打电♥话♥来
I thought they would call.
这只是第五个
It’s only the fifth.
在日本 这是第六个
In Japan, it’s the sixth.
夏洛特?
Charlotte?
试试格罗夫斯
Try Groves.
没有吗?
Anything?
-夏洛特?
-杜鲁门在广播
-Charlotte?
-Truman’s on the radio.
16小时前
16 hours ago,
一架美国飞机
an American airplane
在广岛投下了一颗炸♥弹♥
dropped one bomb on Hiroshima,
彻底摧毁了敌人
and destroyed its usefulness to the enemy.
炸♥弹♥威力巨大
The bomb has more power
超过2万吨♥TNT炸♥药♥
than 20,000 tons of TNT.
这是一颗原♥子♥弹♥
It is an atomic bomb.
它是对宇宙基本力量的驾驭
It is a harnessing of the basic power of the universe.
格罗夫斯在一号♥线
Groves on one.
将军?
General?
我为你和你的团队感到骄傲
I’m very proud of you, and all of your people.
一切顺利吗?
It went alright?
当然 并且伴随着一声巨响
Apparently it went with a tremendous bang.
嗯 这里的每个人都对此感觉良好
Well, everyone here is feeling reasonably good about it.
这是一条漫长的道路
It’s been a long road.
我觉得我做过最明智的事
I think one of the wisest things I ever did
就是选择你作洛斯阿♥拉♥莫斯的主管
was when I selected the director of Los Alamos.
我们已经花费了超过20亿美元
We have spent more than two billion dollars
历史上最伟大的科学赌博
on the greatest scientific gamble in history,
我们赢了
and we have won.
奥比! 奥比! 奥比!
Oppie! Oppie! Oppie!
全世界……
The world…
会永远记住这一天
will remember this day.
现在还太早……
It’s too soon to…
现在下结论还为时过早
It’s too soon to determine
爆♥炸♥的结果是什么