-如果你命令我 我会说的
-If you gave me the name…
-If you order me to, I’ll do it.
这是个错误 罗伯特 你得主动提出这个名字
That’s a mistake, Robert. You need to volunteer this name.
他告诉你名字了吗?
Did he give you the name?
-他说了
-但不是那时候 不是吗?
-He did.
-But not then, did he?
-不
-不 实际上
-No.
-No, in fact,
那是几个月后的事 对不对?
it was some months later, wasn’t it?
是的
It was.
-你觉得我很固执
-嗯 你是……
-You see me as persistent.
-Well, you are…
你是很固执 但那是你的职责
you are persistent, but that is your job.
而 而我的职责就是保护我手下的人
And, and my job is to protect the people that work for me.
在我们采取某种措施之前
Instead of us going on certain steps,
你可能会注意到
which may come to your attention…
这些措施会让你感到不安
and be disturbing to you,
我想先和你讨论一下
I would like to discuss those with you first.
我不是在制定计划 我只是要消化一下整件事情
I’m not formulating a plan, I’ll just have to digest the whole thing.
在你和奥本海默博士交谈后的几个月里
In the months in between your interview with Dr. Oppenheimer,
以及整件事最终被命名为“薛瓦利埃事件” 你有没有动用一切力量试图找出
and his eventual naming of Chevalier, did you expend resources trying to find
中间人的名字?
-动用一切力量 是的
the name of the intermediary?
-Considerable resources, yes.
没有这个名字 我们的工作寸步难行
Without the name, our job was extremely difficult.
-你什么时候知道这个名字的?
-那会我已经走了 奥本海默最终
-And when did you receive the name?
-I was gone by the time Oppenheimer
提交的时候
-走了?
finally offered it up.
-Gone?
他们觉得我待在欧洲更好
They felt my time would be better spent in Europe,
调查纳粹原♥子♥弹♥计划的情况
determining the status of the Nazi bomb project.
谁干的?
Who did?
格罗夫斯将军
General Groves.
他把我调到了伦敦
He transferred me to London.
现在开圣诞派对有点早吧
It’s a little early for a Christmas party.
出事了
Something’s up.
托尔曼走了
Tolman’s been away.
去哪儿?
Where?
露丝不会说的
Ruth won’t tell.
说吧 露丝
Come on, Ruthie.
如果你不告诉我 你能告诉谁?
If you can’t tell me, who can you tell?
分隔化管理 奥比
Compartmentalization, Oppie.
你凭什么认为我知道他在哪?
What makes you think I know where he is, anyway?
因为你做得很好
Because you do a pretty good job
在关键时刻知道 托尔曼先生在哪里
of knowing where Mr. Tolman is when it counts.
就像现在?
Like now?
立正!
Attention!
提前给你们准备了圣诞礼物
Early Christmas present for you all.
英国飞行员把我放进炸♥弹♥舱
The British pilot put me in the bomb bay.
他塞给我氧气罩 但我搞砸了
He showed me the oxygen, you know, but I messed it up.
他们在苏格兰给我开刀的时候 我昏迷过去
Um, when they opened me up in Scotland, I was unconscious.
但我假装睡着了
But I pretended I’d been napping.
祝大家玩得开心
Please enjoy your party.
-够大吗?
-为了结束战争?
-Is it big enough?
-To end the war?
结束一切战争
To end all war.
呃 海森堡来哥本哈根找我
Uh, Heisenberg sought me out in Copenhagen.
我以前的学生为纳粹工作 真教人不寒而栗
It was chilling, my old student working for the Nazis.
他透露我一些事情想吸引我
He told me some things to draw me out.
铀的持续裂变反应
Sustained fission reactions in uranium.
听起来更像是反应堆而不是原♥子♥弹♥
That sounds more like a reactor than a bomb.
他提到气体扩散法了吗?
Did he mention gaseous diffusion?
他似乎更专注于重水
He seemed more focused on heavy water.
-作为减速剂?
-是的 而不是石墨
-As a moderator?
-Yes, instead of graphite.
怎么了?
What?
他拐错弯道
He took a wrong turn.
我们领先了
We’re ahead.
有你在这里帮助我们 尼尔斯……
And with you here to help us, Niels…
抱歉 能让我们单独谈谈吗 先生们?
Sorry, could you give us a moment, gentlemen?
我不是来帮忙的 罗伯特
I am not here to help, Robert.
我知道没有我你也能成功
I knew you could do this without me.
-那你为什么来?
-以后再说
-Then why did you come?
-To talk about after.
你即将释放的力量 纳粹毁灭后也将一直存在
The power you’re about to reveal will forever outlive the Nazis.
而这个世界还没有准备好
And the world is not prepared.
“在你准备好对付蛇之前 千万不要搬开大石头”
“You can lift the stone without being ready for the snake that’s revealed.”
我们得让政客们明白这不是什么新武器
We have to make the politicians understand this isn’t a new weapon.
这是一个新世界
It’s a new world.
我会尽我所能 但是你……
I’ll be out there doing what I can, but you…
你是美国的普罗米修斯
You’re an American Prometheus.
是你给他们毁灭自己的力量
The man who gave them the power to destroy themselves.
他们会尊重这一点
And they’ll respect that.
你的工作才真正开始
Your work really begins.
对不起 奥比 有电♥话♥找你
I’m sorry, Oppie, but there’s a call.
来自旧金山
From San Francisco.
罗伯特!
Robert!
罗伯特?
Robert?
罗伯特
Robert.
罗伯特
Robert.
天啊 怎么了?
God, what’s the matter?
发生了什么?
What happened?
她父亲打来电♥话♥
Her father called.
她把自己锁在浴室里
He found her yesterday in the bath.
谁?
Who?
她吃了药 留下一张没有签名的字条
She’s taken pills. Left a note, not signed.
她服用了巴比妥类药物 但血液里有水合氯醛
She took barbiturates, but there was chloral hydrate in her blood.
有张纸条
There was a note.
琼·塔特洛克?
Jean Tatlock?
我们相爱过
We were together.
她说她需要我
She said she needed me. I…
我告诉她我……
I told her I…
我不能……
I wouldn’t…
我告诉她我……
I told her I…
不 是我 是我
No, it was me, it was me.
你不能认罪
You don’t get to commit the sin
让我们都为你感到难过 这样后果不堪设想
and then have us all feel sorry for you that it had consequences.
你一定要振作起来
Now you pull yourself together.
明白吗 这里的人都需要你
You know, people here depend on you.
唐纳德 做点有用的事情好吗?
Donald, would you like to contribute here?
-拜托 帮帮我
-你得靠自己 伙计
-Please, help me out.
-You’re on your own, pal.
鲍勃 我不会因为钚有放射性就辞职的
Bob, I’m not quitting my job because plutonium is radioactive.
我们只是不知道它会导致什么
We just don’t know what it might do
进入女性生殖系统
-你的生殖系统
to the female reproductive system.
-Your reproductive system
可能比我的暴露程度更高
-我们可以吗?
is more exposed than mine, presumably.
-Can we please?
-内爆装置来不及了
-我们不能急于求成 奥比 拜托
-The implosion device is nowhere.
-We can’t rush everything. Oppie, please.
既要赶时间 又要做得好 只能二选一
Well, there’s rushing and there’s getting on with it, so pick one.
等等 等等 等等 尼德迈尔在埋头苦干
Wait, wait, wait. Neddermeyer is doing his job.
泰勒没帮上忙 你也不帮忙
Teller’s not helping. You’re not helping.
几周来我一直在问内爆透镜的计算结果
I’ve been asking for calculations on the implosion lenses for weeks.
-英国人能做到 福克斯
-当然
-The British can do it. Fuchs.
-Absolutely.
-这是你的工作 泰勒
-我在做研究
-It’s your job, Teller.
-I’m engaged in research.
我们根本就没在造氢弹!
On a hydrogen bomb we’re not even building!
我不会和那个人合作的
I won’t work with that man.
哦 让他走
Oh. Let him go.
-他是个自命不凡的娘炮!