Nowhere to go but straight into town.
-害死了多条人命 -没事了 比尔
-Killed a lot of folks. -It’s okay, Bill.
这个镇在这里很久了 麦克
Town’s been here a long time, Mack.
还会在此更久的
It’ll be here a lot longer.
没错 爸爸
That’s right, Papa.
每隔一阵子就会有场大风暴
Every once in a while, a good storm washes through
把这里冲得像婴儿屁♥股♥一样干净
and leaves her as clean as a baby’s bottom.
往好的方面想 各位
Got to look on the bright side, gents.
警长
Marshal.
莱斯 照往常一样 土豆炖肉
Meat and spuds, Les, as always.
这些钱应该够付了
That should cover our meal.
得拼条命才能跨过那条路
Worth a man’s life to walk across that road tonight.
谢谢你的咖啡
Thanks for the coffee.
很感激你们所做的事
Well, appreciate what you done.
两角五分
That’ll be two bits.
两角五分
Two bits.
我有话要对你们两个说
I’ll be having words with you two.
我们也有更多话要对你说 警长
And we’ll be having more than that with you, Marshal.
没必要引起餐馆人们的…混乱
No need to make the cafe messy…with folks.
我有签发逮捕你们的拘捕令
I’ve got a warrant sworn out for your arrest
罪名是攻击巴克斯特的手下
for assaulting Baxter’s men.
我们有意图谋杀的拘捕令
We got a warrant sworn for attempted murder
罪名是企图杀害一个男孩
for them that tried to kill the boy
现在他正躺在医生家里呢
who’s laying over there at the doc’s.
再说另一项吧
Swore out another one
他们谋杀了之前关在你们牢房♥里的那个大个子
for them that murdered the big fellow you had in your cell.
只是我们的拘捕令不是由一个…
Only ours ain’t writ
花钱买♥♥来银锡星徽的人所写的 警长
by no tin star bought and paid for, Marshal.
由我们自个儿写的 而且我们打算执行到底
It’s writ by us. And we aim to enforce it.
是吗?
Is that so?
我们不想和你们发生争执
We got no quarrel with none of you folks.
巴克斯特的手下攻击我们的朋友 并开枪打死了他
Baxter’s men bushwhacked our friend and shot him dead.
还对个十六岁男孩开枪
Shot a 16-year-old boy, too.
毒打了他一顿…
And clubbed him so hard…
他很可能活不了
He might not live.
他还企图夺取我们的牛群
Tried to take our cattle.
你们这里这位警长根本坐视不管
Your marshal here ain’t gonna do nothing about it.
你不喜欢别人到此镇自♥由♥放牧
You don’t like free grazers in this town.
我们也不太喜欢待在此处
We don’t much like being here.
但人有权保护私有财产
But a man’s got a right to protect his property
以及自己的性命
and his life.
我们不会让个牧场主人或他的执法者夺走任何一样
And we ain’t letting no rancher or his lawman take either.
我们无意伤害局外人
We got no intention of harming bystanders.
凡是帮助或协助…
Anyone who helps or comforts
这些该死的违法的游牧者
these goddamn lawbreaking free grazers
就是在跟我作对
is gonna have to deal with me.
该你说话了 警长
Your call, Marshal.
我们不必此地此刻解决这事
We don’t have to settle this here and now.
这种天气你哪里也去不了
You ain’t going nowhere in this weather.
但我很快便会和你们再碰面的
But I’ll be seeing you gents real soon.
我可以向你们保证
You can count on that.
那警长不会等的
That marshal ain’t gonna wait.
那龟儿子会去找人来对付我们
That son of a bitch is gonna get some men, come looking for us.
在巴克斯特称霸此镇之前
He’s gonna need us locked up tight in that jail
他需要我们乖乖的被关在牢里头 因为要是我们不这样的话
by the time Baxter hits town, ’cause if we ain’t,
巴克斯特会开始认为
Baxter’s gonna start to think
也许普尔警长不值得他付那么多钱
that maybe Marshal Poole ain’t worth what he’s paying him.
你心里有话就直说吧
You got something on your mind, just spit it out.
我说我们直接押他到牢里
Well, I say we take him right at the jail.
把他关起来 等候巴克斯特前来
Lock him up, wait for Baxter to come riding in.
狗屁 查理 我们何不直捣巴克斯特的牧场
Hell, Charley, why don’t we just ride out to Baxter’s ranch
直接去找他呢?
and go straight at him, too?
你想怎样我都奉陪 博斯
Well, I’ll fight wherever you want, Boss.
你只需说一声就行了
You just make the call.
他妈的
God damn it.
等等 查理 等等
Now, hold on, Charley. Hold on.
你问我意见 我就说了啊
Well, you asked me. I told you.
查理 进来吧 别淋雨了好吗?
Charley, come on in out of the rain, would you?
快点
Come on.
来吧
Come on.
我年纪越大脾气越大
Just getting testy in my old age.
你那主意也差不多
Sounds like it’s not such a bad idea.
快动手吧
Just roll it around is all I ask.
好吧
All right.
你觉得我在里头说的话如何?
What’d you think of my speech in there?
我喜欢
Liked it.
也许我应该去找镇长说
Maybe I ought to run for mayor.
我相信那些坐办公室的也得过活 博斯
Well, I believe officeholders got to be living, Boss.
我们来探望孩子情形
Come to see about the boy.
他睡着了 但请进来吧
He’s asleep. But, please, come in.
你确定行吗 夫人? 我们又脏又臭
Are you sure, ma’am? We’re a mite rank.
我们不想弄脏你的房♥子
We don’t want to mess your house.
不 请进来吧 没关系的
No, no. No, please, it’s all right.
快进来吧
Come on in.
谢谢你 夫人
Thank you, ma’am.
请便
There you are.
我的指头伸不进去
I can’t get my fingers in.
我们的硕大指头伸不进杯子握柄的洞里
We can’t get our big fat fingers in these holes.
指关节都太粗大了
Too many broke knuckles.
我帮你们换个大一点的
Oh, let me get you something bigger.
-不用了 夫人 这样就行了 -不 不 没关系的
-No, ma’am, we can make do. -No, no. It’s all right.
坐在有着精美瓷器的桌前 感觉真舒服
It’s just nice to be sitting at a table set with fine china.
那些是我母亲的
Those were my mother’s.
是她的遗物仅存的
They were the only things of hers
长途颠簸都没有破碎
that survived the trip out here.
我不晓得我怎会拿出来用
I don’t know why I bring them out.
我也一样没办法握住
I can’t hold them, either.
大概是这样令我觉得较愉快吧
Guess it just makes me feel good.
不管好歹 我说说我心里的话
I say what’s on my mind, good or bad.
我很佩服那样
I admire that.
努力求生
Try living with it.
明白吗?
See that?
不需要妻子或家庭
No need for a wife or home.
我们就像是…一对已婚的老夫妇
We’re just like a… an old married couple.
那么说来 是婚姻吓坏了你们两个
So, is it marriage that scares you two
-还是安定的生活吓的? -不 谁会要他啊?
-or putting down roots? -No. Who’d have him?
像条又脏又懒的老狗
All rangy and mangy like a rough old dog.
我把你的头按到水中…
How about I hold your head underwater
…一会儿如何?
for just a little while?
我结过一次婚
I married once.
你不知道 对吧 查理?
Never knowed that, did you, Charley?
有妻有子
Had a wife and child.
也有一小片土地
Sweet little spread, too.
没什么稀奇的 但我们当时还很年轻
It was nothing fancy, but we was young.
彼此相爱
Loved each other.
不曾吵过架
Never had a cross word.
他们染上斑疹伤寒而死
They caught the typhus and died.
之后 家里就待不下了
And after that, home didn’t seem a place to spend time.
我相信随着年龄的增长
Believe I’ve changed my mind on that
我的心也改变了
now that I’m getting on in years.
如果巴登活的了 我们也逃过巴克斯特的魔掌
If Button lives and we survive Baxter,
我发誓我要让他有个安稳的家可睡
I swear I aim to see to it there’s a home he’s sleeping in
而不是睡在冰冷的大草原
instead of the cold prairie.
你再喝杯茶吧 查理
Have yourself a last cup of tea, Charley.
我想再去看一下巴登 巴洛小姐
I’d like to see Button again, Miss Barlow.
当然可以
Of course.
我知道路
I know the way.
我和他在一块十年了
Been riding with him 10 years.
他竟然没提过结过婚的事
Never said nothing about being married.
你和斯皮尔曼先生打算在哪过夜?
Where are you and Mr. Spearman spending the night?
还不太清楚