How’s the mom doing?
孩子妈妈怎么样
She’s all good.
她很好
Now, listen, they’re gonna put the baby in the nursery in a little while
他们会让宝宝在育婴室待一会
so mom can rest.
让妈妈休息一下
I’ll come get you, okay?
到时候我再来找你 好吧
Yeah. All right.
好的
All right.
好的
Thanks, man.
谢谢 伙计
Yeah.
没事
Wade Scott Parker.
韦德·斯科特·帕克
So, your father’s a captain on Chino Valley Fire?
你父亲是奇诺谷消防队队长
Yes, sir.
是 长官
So I’m assuming you know the difference
我猜你明白
between structure and wildland fighting operations.
建筑消防与林野消防操作的区别吧
I do.
是的
Um, wildland firefighters, they dig line,
林野消防队员 他们挖防火线
they cut trees, light backburns to corral the fire.
砍树 点迎面火 以此围火
They try to control it.
他们要控制火势
Yep.

We fight fire with fire.
我们以火攻火
What does the word “integrity” mean to you?
正直这个词对你来说意味着什么
For shit’s sake, Jesse, can we please get to the good questions?
我的天啊 杰西 能问重点问题了吗
What? Okay.
什么 好吧
When was the last time you lied?
你上次撒谎是什么时候
Um, I… I guess to my mom, this morning.
我 应该是今早 对我妈撒谎了
About what?
跟什么有关
I told her that this job isn’t as dangerous as working structure.
我告诉她这个工作比灭建筑火灾安全
Are you lying to me right now?
你现在在跟我撒谎吗
No, sir.
没有 长官
You a short-timer?
你是个短期工吗
A what, sir?
什么 长官
A firefighter’s son looking to use my crew
一个试图把我的队伍作为垫脚石的消防员儿子
as a stepping stone to a gig on the structure side.
想之后去当建筑火灾消防员
No, sir.
没有 长官
Now, you’d better not be,
你最好不是
’cause if there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s that.
因为我最忍♥不了的就是这个
Yes, sir.
是 长官
You got any running gear?
你有跑步鞋吗
I do, sir. In the car.
我有 长官 在车里
All right, we’re gonna go for a little hike in a bit, me and the boys.
好 我和其他队员们一会儿要去远足
Come along, we’ll give you a look-see.
一起吧 我们带你四处看看
Thank you, sir.
谢谢 长官
Why are you still here?
你怎么还在这里
Sorry, sir.
抱歉 长官
I like him.
我喜欢他
Ah, nice shot!
好球
One point.
一分
One point for these guys.
他们得了一分
Clown was in my EMT course. Serious burnout.
那小丑跟我一起上过急诊救治课 毒瘾大着呢
What’s he doing here?
他来这里干什么
I don’t know.
我不知道
Let’s find out, shall we?
那去问问吧
Brian, right?
你是布莱恩吧
It’s Brendan.
我是布兰登
Right.
好吧
You were in my EMT class.
你去过我的急诊救治课
What’s up? You…
你好 你
You lost, or…
你迷路了 还是
No, I was just checking.
不 我是只是来问问
You know, I heard you guys had some slots available.
我听说你们在招人
Slots are all filled, man.
名额已经满了 伙计
Sorry, dude.
抱歉 伙计
All right. Thanks, man.
好吧 谢谢了
Yeah.

We got one slot open. You want to interview for it?
我们还有一个名额 你想面试一下吗
Yeah. Right now?
好啊 现在吗
Yeah, right now.
对 现在
All right.
好吧
I’m Eric Marsh, superintendent of Crew 7.
我是艾瑞克·马什 七组的负责人
Brendan McDonough.
布兰登·麦唐诺
When was the last time you used?
你上次吸毒是什么时候
Don’t think, just answer the question.
别想 直接回答问题
Three months ago.
三个月前
Ever use needles?
用过针吗
No.
没有
Never.
从没用过
Do you have your qualifications?
你有任职资格吗
Yeah. Uh…
有的
Wildland fire, fire science, and just completed my EMT.
林野火灾 消防科学 刚完成了急诊救治课
You know the difference between Type 2 crew and Type 1 IHC?
你知道二线队和一线快车支援队的区别吗
Yes, sir. Hotshots are on the front line,
是 长官 支援队是在前线工作
and they get to engage the fire directly.
直接与火接触
Good.
很好
You got a record?
你有犯罪记录吗
Yeah.

Felony larceny.
联邦重罪
You ever do any time?
你坐过牢吗
Three days.
三天
And I’m on probation right now.
我现在是缓刑期
What are you doing here?
你来这里干什么
I made a lot of mistakes in my life,
我犯了很多错
and I’ve done a lot of things that I’m ashamed of
我做了很多让自己感到羞愧的事
and I’m embarrassed by, honestly, but…
说实话 我感到很难堪 但是
I just had a daughter…
我刚刚有了个女儿
Her name’s Michaela
她叫米凯拉
and I just really wanna give her what I never had.
我真的很想给她我不曾拥有过的生活
If you give me a chance, I won’t let you down.
如果你给我个机会 我不会让你失望的
Okay.
好吧
All right. The crew’s gonna go on a little hike.
好吧 小组待会儿要去远足
You got any running gear?
你有跑步装备吗
Uh… No.
没有
What size shoe do you wear?
你穿多大的
Ten.
十号♥
Hand ’em over.
给他
They’re… They’re brand-new, Supe.
这可是新鞋啊 主管
Yeah, I don’t give a shit. Hand ’em over.
我才不管 给他
McDonough!
麦唐诺
Come on.
快点
Come on.
快点
They’re… They’re limited edition, sir.
这双鞋是限♥量♥版的 长官
Yeah? Okay.
是吗 好吧
There you go.
给你
Thanks, man.
谢谢 兄弟
Are those limited edition?
是限♥量♥版吗
Shut up.
闭嘴
What’s up with that Brendan kid?
那个叫布兰登的小子是什么情况
You’re not serious about him, are you?
你不是真的要用他吧
It’s up to him.
那得看他自己了
This kid’s a train wreck.
这孩子就是个行走的灾难
Mack was in his EMT class,
麦肯齐和他一起上过急诊救治课
said he’s into dope.
说他吸海♥洛♥因♥呢
I’m talking hard shit.
是那种劲儿大的
What you doing, Supe? We’re trying to get certified as hotshots here.
你在干什么 主管 我们还想升快车支援队呢
All you rookies that are just coming on as slot contenders,
你们这些想当消防员的菜鸟们听着
I want you all to breathe in this beautiful vista.
我想让你们欣赏一下美景 呼吸一下新鲜空气
Breathe it in deeply.
深呼吸
‘Cause after you all get baptized,
因为你们一旦成了消防员
you’re never gonna be able to look out into the wilds and see that pure beauty again.
就再也不会感受到野外的美了
Once you get a real hard taste of the bitch at work,
一旦你们感受到了工作的艰辛
there’s only one thing you’re gonna be able to see,
能看到的就只有一样东西了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!