我建议她应该利用这个才能
l suggested that she do something with her talent
譬如做个专业的装潢师
like, uh, like decorate professionally.
开展她自己的事业
Start her own business.
开玩笑 不 会很好的
You’re kidding. – No, it would be fun.
艾丽 这是俱乐部最忙碌的季节
Ellie, this is the Minnies’ busiest season. You know that.
我们和孩子一起过万圣节
We have the Halloween festival for the kids.
感恩节 老人关怀日
We have Thanksgiving, a benefit for the older people
然后就得布置广场中所有的圣诞树
and then we have to decorate all the Christmas trees in the town square.
好吧
Okay.
为何你现在要煮咖啡呢
Why-Why– You gonna make coffee now? – Uh-huh.
今晚你要怎么入睡呢
How are you gonna get to sleep tonight if–
这对我真的没影响
lt really doesn’t affect me.
我们可以合作
We could do, um
一件事
a project. – A project? – Mm-hmm.
你和我 我们俩可以一起做点什么
You and me. Something we could do together.
一起 做点特别的
Together. – Yeah, something different
你会喜欢的 像是
that you would like, like
读书会 读书会
a book club. – A book club?
你为什么不断重复我的话
Why do you keep repeating everything l say as if it’s
好像是什么了不起的话似的
the most remarkable thing that you ever heard? – l’m sorry. Okay.
读书会很好 还有谁呢 没别人
No, a book club. That’s good. Who else should we have? – No one.
没别人 你又来了
No one? – There you go again.
好的 读书会
Okay. A book club. – Mm-hmm.
我也讨厌简·奥斯汀写此书的方式 什么
l hate what Jane Austen does in this book too. – What? What?
她笔下的珍甜美
Well, she– The way she makes Jane, the sweet
又懂事 是个大好人
and domestic one, the good one.
当她第二次向直率聪明的伊丽莎白瞎扯
She makes her second fiddle to Elizabeth
另一本书中很聪明的那个
the one who’s the outspoken and smart one.
她们在校园中也一样 女教授们
They do it at the college too– women professors.
她们说你留下房♥子 真是有趣
They say, ”Oh, you keep house. That’s terribly interesting.”
有另外一本书也是如此
Yeah, but l don’t see– – There’s another book that does that.
《小妇人》 是的 作者的姐妹
Little Women. Yes, the writer’s sister, um, she puts her
她把自己放到有孩子的女性的对立面
in opposition to the other one that has babies.
可是 梅格
But, what– – Meg.
你想回纽约吗
So, you wanted to get back to New York?
是的 你觉得你在浪费时间
Right. – You felt like you were wasting your time?
有点 她看起来没事
Sort of. She seemed okay.
你开始愤怒 是的
Your anger and resentment were building up. – Yes.
我的意思是
Well, l mean–

No, um–
我最不愿意做的一件事
The one thing that l never wanted to do
就是像我母亲那样活着 而我却避免不了
was to live my mother’s life, and there l was doing it.
这是我最喜欢的
Oh, this is my favorite!
别听贝蒂·米勒 妈妈
No! Not Bette Midler, Mom. Please.
你也喜欢这首歌♥的
Oh, you like this one.
只是每次在车上我们都听
lt’s just every time we get in the car–
我将让我自己拥有
l’m gonna get me some of them
因为你需要朋友
Cause you got to have friends
朋友
Friends
和我一起唱啊 你自己唱得很好呀
Harmonize with me! -But you’re doing so nicely on your own.
朋友
Friends
我在说的是朋友
l’m talking about friends
妈妈 我们什么时候回家呢
Mom, when are we gonna turn around and head home?
我告诉过你要去买♥♥毛线啊 甜心
l told you. We have to go get yarn, sweetheart. Remember?
谢谢你 凯特 好的 甜心
Thank you, Kate. -Okay, sweetheart. Come sit up with me.
如果我有空 下星期见
l’ll see you next week, if l’m spared.
再谢一次 我爱死你母亲了
Thank you again. l love your mother!
再见
Bye!
我想她玩的很开心 你说呢
Well, l think she had fun though, don’t you?
不知道
No idea.
亲爱的 给我一颗药
Honey, give me a pill, will ya? ln the–
我们开来开去了几个钟头
Yeah. Look, we’ve been driving around for hours
那儿还有个保温瓶 浪费许多时间
There’s a thermos down there too. – wasting time.
你不舒服而我又约了爸爸
You don’t feel well and l need to meet Dad.
好了吗
Okay? – Mm-hmm.
你知道我们在哪里吗 加拿大
You know where we are? – Canada.
我们刚才送克尔瑞丝到她母亲家
We just dropped Clarice off at her mother’s house.
她住在那里4个月了
That’s because she’s been living there for four months
因为自从她丈夫离开她后就崩溃了
since her husband left her, and she hit rock bottom.
她整日拉着窗帘 躲在家中
And she stays inside all day with the shades drawn.
每一天
Every day.
所以我们每周轮流
So, one of us comes up once a week
来带她出去玩玩
and takes her out to have some fun, you know.
开开心
Have some laughs.
这就是我们今天所做的事
And that’s what we did today.
我希望这么做
l hope.
你也可以打工啊
You could always do work study.
做什么呢
Right, and do what?
你可以在图书馆打工 那很容易
You can work in the library. That’s easy.
他不在
He’s not here.
这回又搞的是谁呢
So, who’s he doing now?
估计是他的新助教席琳
Probably Celine, his new T.A.
你是说帮助与教导
You mean ”T and A.”
我都看上他了
l’d do him.
我才不干 他实在太挑剔了
Not me. He’s way too critical.
想的到吗
l mean, can you imagine?
你很有才华 但你得力争上游 见鬼
”You have real talent, but you must reach, goddamn it.”
你好 凯特吗
Hello? – Hi, Kate.
乔治要我打电♥话♥给你 海洛
Uh, George wanted me to give you a call. – Harold.
是的 你好
Yeah, hi. – Oh, hi.
艾丽 是你吗 我接了
Yes. Ellie, is that you? l have it.
对不起
Sorry.
你和苏利文共事期间
So, when you worked with James Sullivan
他是否吸毒成瘾 是的
would you say that he was driven? – Oh, absolutely.
是否过量
Uh-huh. How about voracious?
后来他吸毒的情形怎么样
What about his drug use back then?
你找到了吗 我马上来
Did you find it? – l’m coming now.
谢谢你 你帮了大忙
Thank you very much. You’ve been really helpful.
什么 可以请你现在就过来吗
What? – Coming. Could you come now, please?
什么事
What?
我已经给她吃了两粒
What is it? – l’ve given her two, um, Percocets about an hour ago
却没什么用
but they don’t seem to be taking an effect.
又不能再给她吃 绝对不行
l–l can’t give her any more. – No, absolutely not.
怎么了 我找不到发热垫
What’s going on? – Well, l can’t find the-the heating pad.
我需要它 你要发热毯
l need it. l need the heating pad.
我们需要它 你要发热毯
We didn’t find it. – You want the heating pad? Okay.
她痛不欲生 整晚都没睡
She’s in horrible pain. She hasn’t slept all night long.
你把艾丽吵醒了 跟你说别吵醒她的
You woke Ellie up. l told you not to wake her. – l’m sorry.
我想 我已经挂了
l think l– Oh, l hung it–
艾伦 拜托
Ellen, please.
在这儿 只要插上电就好了
Here, here, here. Here we go. Now l just have to plug it in.
她弄好了吗 开了
Has she got it? – Turn it on. Yeah.
她弄好了 可以了
Yeah, she got it. lt’s good.
你可以走了 行吗
You can go now. You can go to work. – You think?
去上课吧 好吧
Yeah. Go to class now. lt’s okay. – All right.
又怎么了 我等柯医生打电♥话♥来
What else now? What else? – l’ll wait for Dr. Cohn to call.
我会把今晚在廊之光的预约取消
And, um, l’ll cancel the reservation at the Porchlight tonight, Kate.
好的
Yeah, that’s good.
该死 上帝
Shit! Jesus. – Go.
去吧
Go.
药没那么快见效 宝贝 再等一下吧
The pill didn’t work yet, baby. – Just wait a little longer.
开始暖和了吗
ls it getting warm?
一点点
Yeah, somewhat.
是的
Yeah.
这是开给她的止痛药
l’m giving her Dilaudid for her pain.
可能会令她虚弱无力
lt may make her a little groggy.
不要开车 言语也可能不清
And she shouldn’t drive. Her speech may be a little slurred.
你可能看到些片刻性的好转
Even though you may see some transient periods of improvement
但她吃药时不能驾驶
she still shouldn’t drive while she’s on this medication.
好的
Okay.